The Last Day.

You Never Know Until You Try!

 

YOUR POV

 

Today is the last day.

 

I nodded my head, accepting my choice, and my reflection nodded back.

 

Tomorrow, I’m leaving this life behind.

 

The day passed by so fast, I couldn’t stop it.

 

I saw my friends for what could be the last time.

 

Odagiri and I went on our final date where I bought us matching necklaces.

 

Throughout the day, Odagiri was unusually silent. It was as if he knew what I had decided upon doing. His kisses were much deeper than ever before, as if he didn’t want to let me go. His touch lingered on my skin, his eyes never leaving my person.

 

My heart was still; my heart was broken.

 

I had prepared myself for this day.

 

Odagiri and I were inseparable this day. We never left each other’s sight, unless for the bathroom.

 

He refused to sleep, even though his sleepy eyes drooped and his body was exhausted, he refused to sleep. We spent the night talking about anything and everything, ignoring the truth we both knew.

 

It was almost dawn when Odagiri collapsed into bed, unable to keep awake any longer after a long but short day.

 

I began writing his letter, the one I dreaded writing the most, the one I saved for last.

 

To my dearest Odagiri Ryu,

 

I have a feeling you already know what I’m about to tell you.

 

When you’re reading this letter, you’ll be at my Grandfather’s house and I’ll be gone. I asked my grandfather to hand you this letter an hour after I’ve left.

 

I’m so sorry.

 

I’m cooperating with the police to track down the Kyosodan Group before they can hurt you. Yes, this is dangerous. Yes, this is deadly.

 

I won’t die.

I won’t die because I have a reason to live.

I have people to live for.

 

This case can take anywhere from a few weeks to a few years.

When I finish, and when I find you again, I’ll understand if you have another girl.

 

I’m selfish. This time while we’re apart, I’ll keep wishing that you’ll wait for me.

Odagiri Ryu, you mean the world to me.

 

But as I said earlier, I’ll understand if you move on with your life.

 

All the time we’ve spent together I’ll cherish forever.

 

I’m so thankful I met you.

 

Promise me that you’ll be happy, okay?

Promise me that you’ll keep smiling.  

 

I love you.

 

And I want to thank you, Odagiri.

 

I want to thank you for loving me, for caring about a person like me, for being there for a person like me.

 

I love you.

I love you.

I love you.

 

I love you so much.

 

Listen to Yankumi once in a while, okay?

And try to keep out of trouble.

Graduate with the rest of 3D.

Live and be happy.

Katakura Hiro is a good kid, I swear. I’m sure the two of you will become good friends.

 

Stay at my place, okay? My house is your house.

 

I love you.

 

 

 

Indeed, the days were becoming much shorter.