She was sold...

You Never Know Until You Try!

 

*YOUR POV*

 

 

Sho, the wise guy, took several detours and twists through the city, wasting gallons of gas, as we made our way to my grandfather’s house. “Safety is better than saving gas,” he has said when I pointed it out. After a couple more turns and loops, he finally pulled in front of the enormous traditional house and we all dashed inside, closing the door behind us.

 

Seiji passed through a window, paused, and backtracked, blinking and staring at us for a moment. Then a grin broke out onto his face as he rushed over and squeezed the life out of me. “Hey _______! And Sho! And… your friend?”

 

“This is Harumi,” I introduced. Instantly Seiji’s smile froze and his eyes became frosty as he recognized my long time tormentor.

 

“You want to explain what’s going on?” Seiji asked, peering at Harumi skeptically. “I know you don’t have the best of history with this girl…”

 

Harumi’s eyes shifted nervously as she glanced at me, biting her lip. “Nice to meet you too,” she replied at last to Seiji, rolling her eyes as her attitude couldn’t help but come through.

 

“This is Seiji,” I laughed, pointing at the astonished man.

 

Sho pulled my elbow and led me toward the gathering room, calling back to the others, “Let’s talk in here.”

 

They followed suit.

 

My grandfather came out of his room at the sound of our voices and I hugged him in greeting. He welcomed all of us, including Harumi, very warmly as usual and joined in our conversation.

 

Once we became situated, Harumi explained her dilemma once again, this time with a stronger voice, starting from when we first met until now.

 

“The one who is truly behind Yuuki disappearing is Kazuki and the Kyosodan Group. After ________ left the country, I found out that the group had betrayed me and followed Kazuki’s instructions instead by kidnapping Yuuki. Ever since then, I’ve kept a close eye on the group and Kazuki, hoping to find out where they took her. The group disappeared for a long time; however, they are showing themselves once again with the return of ________. I know their secrets and I’ll be very willing to reveal them,” she concluded.

 

Grandfather tapped the table, his mind lost in thought. Seiji on the other hand wasn’t so calm.

 

“Kyosodan Group? Those bastards are the ones behind this? They wreck destruction on countless innocent people!” He bellowed, his fist pounding the table.

 

“They haven’t given us direct trouble yet,” Sho mused, “but with all of the devastation they inflict on others, we’re always the ones to patch up their mess.”

 

“You said they are dangerous, right?” I put out there. “How on earth will we be able to get them to tell us where Yuuki is?”

 

We fell silent, just thinking about taking on the Kyosodan Group was a grim forecast.

 

“What about Kazuki?”

 

All eyes turned to Harumi when she said this, making her cast her eyes down.

 

“I mean, I know I haven’t been the best influence on ________, but honestly, I was just jealous and never meant for any of this to happen.” Her voice grew quieter. “I want to help.”

 

“Grandfather, that reminds me! Harumi needs a safe haven to stay at for a while now that she’s exposed all of this information.” I turned to him. “It’s okay for her to stay here, right?”

 

He nodded slowly. “The Kyosodan Group would probably kill her if they find her now… Harumi, you must promise some things first.”

 

“Yes?” Her thin voice hung for a slight moment in the air before it was wisped away.

 

“First of all, you must obey our rules, which are the basic guidelines of society: No unnecessary fighting, modest clothing, don’t lie, etc. Secondly, I’m afraid you can’t leave the house from now on out. It’s for your safety as well as ours. Stay away from windows and outside doors. Thirdly, you must help out around the place.”

 

“Of course! Thank for you letting me stay here, sir!” Her voice was bright, her eyes shining.

 

Grandfather chuckled. “No problem. Do you have any idea where Yuuki might be?”

 

She hesitated. “I’m not positive… but I have a feeling that they sold her…”

 

What? Those bastards sold my best friend? THEY SOLD MY BEST FRIEND? Wait ‘til I get my hands on them, I’m going to rip them into pieces and feed them to the dogs.

 

“… To a brothel…”

 

 

 

 

 

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

A/N:: Sorry about the kinda short update, but I felt like that would be a good place to end the chapter (: 

CAN YOU BELIEVE IT? YUUKI WAS SOLD TO A BROTHEL?

Or was she? 

IDUNNO. LOL.