Chapter 5.

Tied

When Yoona went down for breakfast, it wasn’t only her grandmother who greeted her. She was also greeted by someone that she wasn’t quite ready to see.

 

Someone who has the power to make her either the luckiest or unluckiest person on this planet.

 

Lee Donghae.

 

Her heart started to drum against will as she tried(and miserably failed) to compose a calm appearance.

 

“Good morning, Yoona,” Donghae said, smiling his usual trademark smile. If Yoona knew one thing about Donghae, it was that he always pretended that everything is fine, even if it wasn’t.

 

And it wasn’t.

 

“Good morning, Donghae,” Yoona said, calmly overlooking her grandmother’s worried expression “I’d like to stay and chat but sorry, I promised Yuri we’ll go to the mall together today so I can’t talk right now, maybe some other time? Bye.”

 

She ordered her feet to walk as fast they can towards the door without actually running and she almost made it too.

 

Almost.

 

Because just when her hands were on the handle, the door was slammed against her body and she fell into the hard floor. The fall hurt but pain wasn’t the feeling that occupied Yoona the most. Two emotions were stronger than pain.

 

One, embarrassment, she had just fallen in front of the love of her life and the fact that she had decided to wear a short skirt that morning didn’t help. She didn’t need to look to know that her blue underwear was out for everyone to see.

 

The second emotion was anger, at whoever had pushed the door. Why did he choose this time to push the door? It’s not like their bakery is popular so why on earth would the customer show up only when she’s trying to escape. Just why?

 

Her grandmother was the first to come to her aid, she helped Yoona up and straightened her skirt for her all while chanting, “Dear, are you okay?”

 

“I’m fine…I’m fine,” Yoona put her hands up to show that she wasn’t injured and that’s when she spotted the “customer” who had made a peaceful entrance.

 

“You again,” she sighed. She knew getting angry at Changmin isn’t going to help because it wasn’t in Changmin’s hands that they have to meet every single day.

 

“Do you guys know each other?” Donghae questioned.

 

“Yeah—”

 

“No—“

 

Yoona and Changmin glared at each other.

 

A soft chuckle echoed into the bakery and they all turned to look at the old woman that was staring adoringly at her granddaughter.

 

“Sorry,” she said after a while, “It’s just you remind me so much of your parents when they first met.”

 

“Grandma!” Yoona groaned loudly, looking at Changmin’s own disapproving look.

 

“Sorry, sorry, I’ll be in the kitchen,” she laughed again as she excused herself.

 

“We do know each other, Changmin-ssi. We were together yesterday, remember?” Yoona said, continuing where the left off before her grandmother’s ridiculous remark.

 

“Oh yes, yes we do know each other, Yoona-ssi. I just didn’t think you’d want to tell your crush you spent the day shopping with another man,” Changmin shrugged indifferently and Yoona almost went to choke Changmin with her strong hands but she didn’t want to do it in front of Donghae, and besides, Changmin was too tall to reach anyway. At the back of her brain, She wondered how did Changmin know that she had a crush on Donghae. He never met Donghae and she never told him about Donghae either.

 

Maybe Changmin really is a stalker, she thought.

 

“Why’re you here?” Yoona spat after a minute of awkward silence, her eyes focused only on Changmin as she avoided looking over at Donghae.

 

“You left this in my car,” Changmin waved her brown wallet up in front of her face, “Of course, leaving a wallet in my car is a lame excuse to want to see me and I wasn’t going to bring it but your identification card was in it so I decided to come anyways. Gosh, girls and their lame ways of seeking our attention.”

 

He said the last thing to Donghae and then averted his eyes back at Yoona who was fuming with anger. To be honest, Changmin found the way you can easily get under Yoona’s skin very entertaining.

 

“I did not leave my wallet in your car on purpose and I did not want to see you again!” Yoona defended, finally stealing a look at Donghae who just had an amused look on his face.

 

“Yeah yeah yeah,” Changmin sang, “just take your wallet so I can leave.”


Yoona nosily snatched her wallet from his hand and was about to kick him out when her grandmother decided to show up again.

 

“Yoona-ah, you’re being rude to your guest, invite him in for some tea or something!” Yoona’s grandmother popped out and shook her head.

 

“Yeah Yoong, I’d like to meet your new friend too,” Donghae added.

 

“He’s not my friend!” Yoona protested immediately and Donghae laughed at Yoona being back to her usual childish self.

 

“I’m your boyfriend, right doe?” Changmin asked. Changmin, Donghae and Yoona’s grandmother all roared in laughter at Yoona’s frustrated look. Changmin already had Donghae and Yoona’s Grandmother on his side, he carried this interesting aura around him that made most people want to befriend him. Even Yoona would probably like it he didn’t kiss her that day, if he didn’t now…

 

If he wasn’t tied to her.

 

“You’re not my boyfriend either!” Yoona retorted. She hated being teased the most in her life. Donghae knew that very well and so did her grandmother but why did they both support Changmin’s outrageous bullying, she did not understand.

 

“Look at you being all childish in front of your grandmother, boyfriend and crush,” Changmin shook his head disapprovingly.

 

Yoona looked at her grandmother and Donghae one more time, begging them for their support but they were both too busy being amused by Changmin’s guts. Again. She felt herself heating up. Yoona does not admit her weaknesses, she likes to always be strong and independent but in all honesty, she admitted that she was a sensitive person. And being the sensitive person she is, she wanted to cry from all this teasing.

 

“You guys have tea and chat together, I’m going to Yuri’s,” Yoona declared as she glared at each and every one of them before making a dramatic exit out of the bakery. After the door was locked behind her, she heard them laughing.

 

“I love it when she’s being like this,” she heard Donghae saying.

 

“It was really cute,” Changmin agreed.

 

Yoona felt herself flushing and it wasn’t only because of what Donghae had said.

 

*********

“He actually said that he’s your boyfriend?” Yuri laughed, taking another sip of her dark coffee.

 

“He did!” Yoona groaned, she had just told Yuri about what happened in the morning, “Can you believe it?”

 

“That’s very brave of him,” Yuri noted.

 

“Very rude too,” Yoona sighed, shopping with her best friend Yuri always made her feel better. Unlike her, Yuri was bold and straight to the point. She liked to take challenges and try out new stuff, she’s an athlete, a dancing teacher and a hardworking woman.

 

“I received a call from Donghae yesterday,” Yuri said carefully.

 

“And?” Yoona suddenly found the chocolate cake in front of her very interesting to look at.

 

“He was asking if you were okay,” Yuri said, “he told me about what happened.”

 

Yoona stayed quite; there was nothing for her to say.

 

“Why didn’t you tell me that you confessed?” Yuri asked. Yoona wondered if Yuri was hurt because as her best friend Yoona should’ve told her that she was going through a hard time.

 

“Because when I stopped by after, Eunji was with me and I was too worried about her to tell you…I’m sorry,” Yoona said, finally looking up at her best friend with a brave smile.

 

“But we met again now and you still didn’t tell me, honestly, were you ever planning on telling me, Yoona?” Yuri asked.

 

“Y-yes,of course, I was!” Yoona assured Yuri though her voice gave her guilt away.

 

“Then why did you wait until I brought it up? We’ve been shopping for three hours now and you still didn’t bring it up,” Yuri challenged.

 

“Well—”

 

“You just didn’t want to share your pain, of course, you never change,” Yuri shook her head and smiled at her friend bitterly.

 

“It’s not like that—“

 

“When my parents left me alone before Christmas, Who did I ask while crying to come and stay with me?” Yuri asked.

 

“Me,” Yoona answered, knowing exactly where this was going.

 

“When Yesung started dating that cute cheerleader, who did I go to?”

 

“Me,” Yoona said.

 

“When I failed my audition back in high school, who did  I call?”

 

“Me,” Yoona sighed.

 

“Exactly,” Yuri spat, “You! I called you!”

 

It’s not every day that Yuri loses control but when she did, there was nothing pretty about it.

 

“When you failed to get into Medical school, did you call me?” Yuri asked.

 

Yoona did not answer.

 

“When you were called a jinx by some s that gave you a hard time, did you call me?” Yuri asked. “I can think of many situations where you might have needed someone  by your side, but you never called me. You never called Donghae or Amber either. And I’m sure you didn’t call your grandmother or—anyone as a matter of fact. Even now, even after Donghae—didn’t accept your confession, you still didn’t tell me. Do you want me to stop asking you for help, Yoona? Does it annoy you that I do? Do you say to yourself ‘ugh, it’s Yuri again’ before you answer your phone?”

 

“Don’t say that Yuri,” Yoona said immediately, “you know I won’t forgive you if you need my help and don’t ask me for it.”

 

“Then why don’t you rely on me too, Yoona?” Yuri almost pleaded.

 

“I’m sorry,” Yoona breathed out, “I won’t do it again.”

 

“Liar,” Yuri shook her head, but her usual calm demeanor was back, “You will, because that’s who you are, Yoona.”

 

“I’m sorry,” Yoona said again, not knowing whether she should smile back or no.

 

“It’s alright. To be honest, when you stopped by that day, it didn’t look like you were rejected at all and even today, before I brought up Donghae, you looked fine,” Yuri concluded, taking one last sip from her dark coffee, “And I’m guessing it’s all because of that guy.”

 

“No way,” Yoona disagreed firmly. That guy will never be able to make her stop thinking about Donghae.

 

Not in a million years.

 

Yuri was being as ridiculous as her grandmother when she said they reminded her of Yoona’s parents.

 

“Whatever, Yoong. We should get going now, the fansiging is about to start,” Yuri said as she stood up and grabbed her purse with her.

 

When Yuri was ten years old, a girl only three years older than her debuted in the entertainment industry. The girl was young and beautiful but she was full of energy and charisma as well. Yuri watched her on TV flying on stage as she not only danced, but sang as well. The image of the girl dancing and smiling after the end of her performance was craved in Yuri’s memory forever. This girl made Yuri want to be as good as her at dancing. Which is why she made her Mom sign her up in a dancing school.

 

The dancing girl Yuri always remembered have grown into a beautiful lady and Yuri finally got the chance to meet her.

 

As Yuri planned, they arrived an hour before the fansiging so there was only 40 people in front of them in line.

 

“My heart is beating fast, I can’t believe I’m really meeting Kwon BoA!” Yuri squealed.

 

“She’s late though, it’s almost 11 now,” Yoona said, checking her watch.

 

“She’ll be here at exactly 11, don’t worry, she’s never late to fan events, ” Yuri informed proudly.

 

Yuri was right. A few minutes later, the crowd started to clap and scream as BoA walked into the hall surrounded by body gaurds and three other men. Yoona thought she had just imagined Changmin walking behind BoA but she convinced herself otherwise. Taking another look though, she was positive it was Changmin standing behind BoA who was greeting her fans.

 

“Yuri! Yuri!” Yoona called Yuri who was jumping up and down like a teenage fangirl, “It’s him!”

 

“No no, it’s her!” Yuri squealed, not bothering to even look at her friend.

 

“Changmin is here! you know, the boy I told you about!” Yoona shouted, the fans screaming made it hard for her voice to be heard.

 

Yuri finally calmed down at the mention of his name and turned to stare back at her friend, “Where?”

 

“He’s behind BoA, the one wearing a dark blue suit,” Yoona said, hoping that Yuri had heard her.

 

Yuri followed Yoona’s gaze, “That’s BoA’s manager though.”

 

“You mean, he works for Kwon BoA?” Yoona asked.

 

“He works for BoA?” Yuri repeated as realization hit her, “Oh my god Yoona! You know what that means? It means we can be friends with BoA through him! Let’s go talk to him! Please, Yoona! I don’t want to just have my album signed, I want a picture and a nice little chat won’t hurt either! Please Yoona, introduce us! Please!”

 

“But I was going to leave, I don’t want to talk to him again,” Yoona said weakly.

 

“Come on, Yoong, do it, for me. You know how much this means to me, please,” Yuri begged.

 

“No,” Yoona said, firmly this time.

 

“Yoona-ah,” Yuri begged.

 

“No,” Yoona repeated.

 

“Fine,” Yuri groaned, “I don’t want to force you to do anything for me. I’m sorry for insisting, it’s my fault, I shouldn’t have let the dream of my life make me want to use you. I’m sorry for being such a horrible friend. I’m so—”

 

“I hate you, Kwon Yuri,” Yoona sighed.

 

“What?” Yuri gasped.

 

“I said, I hate you Kwon Yuri,” Yoona repeated, “Fine, I’ll try to talk to him.”

 

“I knew you would never let me down!” Yuri laughed as she hugged Yoona. She knew Yoona wasn’t really as a strong of a person as she tries to seem. Yuri knew Yoona was actually a weak person and being her friend since childhood, Yuri also knew very well all of Yoona’s weaknesses. And being too considerate is one of her biggest.

 

They waited in line only for twenty minutes before it was their turn to meet BoA. Yoona saw Changmin standing behind her, he looked at her and she smiled to him but much to her embarrassment, he just averted his gaze back towards the TV screen.

 

“I thought you knew him!” Yuri hissed in Yoona’s ears as she waited for the two fangirls in front of her to finish with their screaming.

 

“I think he’s ignoring me on purpose,” Yoona whispered back.

 

“Well, talk to him!” Yuri ordered.

 

“No! if he doesn’t want to talk to me, then I don’t want to talk to him either!” Yoona hissed.

 

“You and your stupid pride,” Yuri whined, “Come on, Yoong, please, just this time.”

 

“Kwon Yuri, you owe me this,” Yoona said, already smiling to Changmin.

 

Finally, it was their turn to meet the star and get her autograph.

 

“Hello,” BoA spoke and Yuri almost fainted. Yoona waited behind Yuri so her friend could get comfortable.

 

“Hiiiiiiiii,” Yuri giggled, holding out her hand for BoA to shake.

 

“Thank you for coming out today, I really appreciate it and thank you for supporting me as well, I’ll try to always improve and show you a better stage,” BoA vowed as Yuri just gawked at the angel-like beauty that sat facing her.

 

“Hiiii,” Yuri giggled again. It was not like her to act like an idiot, but she just couldn’t help it.

 

“Well…” BoA laughed, “Are you going to give me your album to sign?”

 

“Yeah yeah, sure. Sorry, there you go, Goddess,” Yuri almost threw the album to her face.

 

“Dear…?” BoA asked, writing on the back of the album.

 

“Kwon Yuri,” Yuri said immediately.

 

“Dear Kwon Yuri,” BoA said as she continued to write, “Thank you for coming out today, you are a truly beautiful woman.”

 

“Write I hope you become a professional dancer please,” Yuri said.

 

“You like dancing too?” BoA asked, her smile never leaving her face. Yoona wondered if BoA was really interested or it was just something she had to do as a celebrity. She guessed the latter.

 

“Yeah…but I’m not as good at it,” Yuri giggled.

 

“I hope to see you become a professional dancer soon,” BoA said as she continued to write, “Sincerely, BoA”

 

BoA quickly signed the CD and gave it back to Yuri, “Thank you Yuri-ssi!”

 

“No, Thank you! I’m going to protect this CD with me life, Thank you so much for being who you are. I truly respect you and I know this is weird but I just want you to know that I truly, honestly, love you!” Yuri declared passionately.

 

“And I truly, honestly, appreciate it!” BoA laughed.

 

“Okay…bye!” Yuri said as she swayed away, looking back at Yoona and pouting.

 

“Changmin!” She heard Yoona exclaiming and she went back to stand in front of her role model and near her friend.

 

“You know him?” BoA asked.

 

“Yes,” Yoona said.

 

“No,” Changmin.

 

Yoona and Changmin looked at each other then something weird happened.

 

 They laughed.

 

Changmin shook his head, grinning “Sorry, Yes, I do know her.”

 

“Oh, I remember you!” BoA suddenly said, “You’re his girlfriend! The one we met at the restaurant! The one who was badly constipated!”

 

Changmin sent Yoona a terrified look. His career would be over if BoA finds out he purposely stalked her.

 

Yoona looked back at him slyly, ignoring the laughs coming for the people behind her in line who heard about her so-called constipation.

 

“Oh we did?” Yoona raised her eye brows and Changmin clasped his hands together, begging her to not tell BoA. Unfortunately for him, BoA looked back and saw him.

 

“She is your girlfriend, isn’t she, Changmin?” BoA demanded firmly.

 

Yoona continued to smile at Changmin.

 

Say that you don’t know me one more time now, Yoona thought.

 

“Yes she is!” it was Yuri who came to Changmin’s rescue. Yoona turned to glare at her friend.

 

“Actually—”

 

“Come on, Yoong, people are waiting after us, it’s time to go,” Yuri grabbed her friend’s hand and pulled her.

 

“But—”

 

“Come on, come on, it’s time to go,” Yuri chanted, pulling Yoona away. Changmin smiled to her gratefully and she sent him a wink.

 

“She’s your girlfriend, right?” BoA asked Changmin once Yuri and Yoona were out.

 

“Of course,” Changmin rolled his eyes, “She’s just nervous because she’s a big fan of yours.”

 

“She didn’t even bring an album with her though,” BoA challenged.

 

“That’s because I told her I’ll bring her one myself,” Changmin replied nervously.

 

“Then why did she even come?” BoA asked, suspicious.

 

Luckily for Changmin though, the next fan handed BoA his album impatiently and by the time BoA was free, the fan meeting was over and she was too tired to ask him about Yoona again.

 

 

 

A/N something tragic happened guys. My computer crashed, completely. So all chapters I had written for this fanfiction(and the others), all the brainstorming, all of that hardwork of planning over and over. It all went away...just like that. (Along with the programs that I downloaded to help me in uni... :( :( *sigh*)

It's going to take a lot of time to rewrite them all but like I promised, I'm still going to finish all my fanfictions not only because of my love for OTP but also because I love my own fanfiction (I'm not saying they're good, they're just fun to write for me, you know?)  And sorry for the late update...this Unnie is a busy one ^_^