Chapter 2.

Tied

 

She thought she was dreaming at first. Why would he be in her bedroom in the morning? He doesn’t know  her name or where she lives. Even if he did, he wouldn’t be in her bedroom. Yoona slowly walked away from her bed and the imaginary guy to the bathroom. She washed her face really well then walked out. He was still there and she looked at him, confused. 

 

This dream feels too real, Thought Yoona.

 

"Hey,” she said.

 

“Hi,” he said, looking at her in the strangest possible way.

 

“So…you’re not going to disappear, are you?” she asked, staring back at him.

 

“…”

 

“Can I touch you?” she asked, tilting her head to the side.

 

Changmin just couldn’t comprehend what was going on.

 

“Uh…yeah,” he murmured.

 

Yoona walked to him and pinched his arm softly.

 

“So you’re real,” Yoona stated, a little amused.

“Yeah…you can say that,” Changmin smiled hesitantly.

 

“What’s your name?” she asked calmly.

 

“Changmin.”

 

“Hi, Changmin. I’m Yoona,” Yoona introduced herself.

 

Changmin raised his eyebrows in a confused way. “Nice to meet you, Yoona-ssi.”

 

“How come you’re here?” Yoona asked, rather coldly. Changmin could tell she was trying to hold her anger in.

 

“It’s a funny story actually…” Changmin said, “I was going to get the mail for my client but then something weird happened. You won’t believe me but I swear it’s the truth. There was this really strong wind that blew the letter away and so I chased after it. Then…then the letter landed in your balcony…and I went in to get it. The lady downstairs smiled at me and told me to go get it myself. Then…I saw your face and I remembered you from last night…then you woke up and... you know the rest.”

 

“So it’s real,” Yoona laughed as she looked down at the floor.  Changmin tried his best to not think the person standing before him was completely insane.

 

“It’s ing real,” Yoona repeated. This time her voice shaking.

 

“Okay…” all Changmin wanted at this point is leave this place.

 

Yoona suddenly looked at Changmin, her eyes stinging with tears, “It’s all your fault! How could you kiss me like that?”

 

“Hey…we talked about this yesterday…it’s time to move on with our lives now, okay? Just forget about that kiss,” Changmin said defensively.

 

“We can’t just ‘move on’ you idiot. We’re stuck together for life now, get it?” Yoona cried.

 

To Yoona, Donghae has been everything she had ever wanted. He was the one who made her smile, the one who took care of her, the one she talked to about everything. He’s the one who she wanted to spend her life with. He’s the one she wanted to share her happiness and sadness with. She thought Donghae felt the same way, because Donghae always treated her differently from other girls. He always told her she was beautiful, he laughed at her jokes and he’d always notice when she was feeling down.

 

 Out of nowhere, this stranger came into her life and reminded Yoona that happy endings didn’t exist. It hurt Yoona to think that she’s going to be with someone other Donghae and it hurt her even more to think that Donghae will one day fall for some girl and that she’ll have to be happy for him but it hurt Yoona the most that she can’t do anything about it.

 

Meanwhile, Changmin was fighting the urge to call a mental hospital. The girl was looking fine just few minutes ago and now she’s gone cray-cray.

 

“Look,  Yoona-ssi…I have no idea what you’re talking about so, I’ll just go down now and call your grandma then I’ll go to my work, Okay? You see, I’m a really busy person.” Changmin said politely but Yoona glared at him in response.

 

“You know what, you’re right.” she said, sighing and slapping her face as she walked around in the room, “You go to your work and I’ll go help grandma. Let’s ‘move on’ with our lives. Or try to anyways. You’re right. You’re right.Go ahead, leave. I need to change and get to work too,”

 

“Yes. Yes. I’ll go now,” Changmin said as he walked towards the door. When he was close to the door, he almost ran outside.

 

Yoona threw herself back on her bed, thinking.  While she was studying her own room as her thoughts went everywhere, her eyes landed on her phone.

 

Oh crap. I completely forgot about Donghae oppa! He was probably really worried because I left the park without telling him!

 

She hurriedly grabbed my phone.  11 text messages and 18 missed calls. All from the same person. Donghae.

 

[2:10PM] Yoona where are you?

 

[2:13PM] Did you leave the restaurant? Are you going on a cool ride without me?

 

[2:15PM] Im Yoona. Answer my calls. I’m getting really worried now.

 

[2:23PM] I looked everywhere in the park for you, did you go home?

 

[2:24PM] Yoong, please. If you’re reading my text messages, please reply.

 

[2:25PM] Are you hurt?

 

[2:26PM] I’m going to your bakery now. You better be there.

 

[2:56PM] Where are you? Your grandmother and I are very worried about you.

 

[3:01PM] I’m going to look for you now…please answer my calls if you’re reading this. Please,Yoong, I’m getting really worried.

 

[8:00PM] Your grandma called and told me you arrived  home and went to sleep. You have some explaining to do, Im Yoona. Let’s meet at the park tomorrow at 6.

 

[8:01PM] and by the way,  I’m really glad you’re okay.

 

Yoona smiled weakly at her phone. He was worried about me but her smile disappeared as soon as it appeared. But that doesn’t matter anymore. We’ll always be just an oppa and dongsaeng. And that’s not enough for me. Maybe it’s better if we just stay away from each other…that would save me a lot of pain in the future.

*******

 

“Grandma, why did you let that guy inside my bedroom?” Yoona asked her grandmother as she descended down the stairs.

 

“Take a seat, Yoona” her grandmother ordered.

 

The bakery was empty so they were both free for now. Yoona took the seat facing her grandmother.

 

“Sorry I woke up late and didn’t help out today,” Yoona said. She usually woke up at dawn to help her grandmother.

 

“It’s okay. So…” the grandmother said, “He’s the guy, right? The one you kissed yesterday.”

 

“The one who kissed me, you mean. Yeah…he’s the one,” Yoona said, rolling her eyes.

 

“He’s quite handsome, I have to say," her grandmother commented.

 

“Grandma!” Yoona whined, “You know I can’t see anyone but Donghae, right?”

 

“Give him a chance, Yoona. He seems like a nice kid. No, He IS a nice kid, that’s why fate picked him for you. Yoona…I know you think this is a curse but it’s not, fate picks the right guy for you instead of you picking your own person that might not turn out to be as good as you think. I’m not saying Donghae is a bad guy, I know Donghae is really kind and very supportive, but he’s not the one.  The sooner you accept that it’s not him, the better. You and the other kid can help people and make others happy together and in return, you’ll feel really proud too.”

 

“But grandma… I just don’t want to be with him. I don’t feel attracted to him, you know? That special feeling I got when I first met Donghae Oppa and the feeling I get every time I’m with him, I don’t get that feeling from him.  He’s just like any other guy to me.”

 

“Okay, child. I don’t want to argue with you. What’s that kid’s name by the way?”

 

“His name is Changmin”

 

“Changmin…” said the grandmother thoughtfully, “Alright.”

 

“Alright what?” Yoona asked.                                                  

                                     

“Nothing, I listed the things you need to buy today, the list is on the kitchen table. Get going so you can come back early.”

 

“It’s around 12 now; I don’t think I’ll be home for lunch,” Yoona said, “And I didn’t eat breakfast yet either.”

 

“You want me to knock something up really quick?” the grandmother asked.

 

“ I’ll buy a donut and coffee on my way, don’t worry about it,” Yoona said, already getting up.

 

“You can eat lunch out then today, I’m meeting up with one of my friends for lunch,” she informed.

 

“Okay I’ll get going then, see you later!”

 

“See you later, child.”

******

if you read any of my fanfiction, you would've noticed the first 2 chapters are usually really short. So yeah, this is another short one. Regardless, any questions or comments are welcomed, as always.