Sehun's New Concept

The Other Side of the Mirror


"Thank goodness he didn't spoil this mirror or anything." Sunmi muttered as she trudged back home. She was scrutinizing the mirror and making sure that the Devil hadn't scratched it or anything.

Even though she couldn't exactly see the value like the antique shop ahjusshi did, she still thought it was a nice mirror and she wanted to keep it.

Sunmi looked at herself in the mirror and saw the familiar large hazel brown eyes blink back at her curiously. "I wonder why the ahjusshi valued this mirror so much." she muttered thoughtfully to herself. "And of so many different antiques and treasures which he had come across, why did he think this was the most interesting?"

She frowned at herself in the mirror as she continued walking. "Why did he give it to me, saying I might need it?" she wondered out loud. A frown graced her features. "Is it his way of telling me that I'm ugly or something?" she gaped.

She shook her head and knocked herself on the head. "Thinking too much."

Sunmi flipped the mirror to it's back and stared at the words again. Black and white, day and night. Switch us opposites by daylight.

Switch what. Switch who? What the hell was it talking about.

Sunmi shrugged and tucked the mirror back into her bag. A little fancy poem with no particular meaning, perhaps.

-----

The five EXO-K boys and Sunmi were watching television on the couch in D.O.'s house. The friends were so familiar with each other that even the parents were familiar with them. They lived relatively close to each other and theyy were pretty free to visit each other as and when.

The gang was watching a lovely romantic korean drama with fluffy moments between the female and male leads.

In the drama, the guy was lying on the girl's lap as she played with his hair idily, saying sweet nothings to each other. It was absolute fluff-ness, to be honest.

Kai flinched at the couple's every word and frowned. "What in the world? Do couples really act that way or is it only in dramas?" he questioned in doubt. "I should think everyone has diabetes if they're attached should they act like this."

"I actually don't think couples REALLY act like that." D.O. tapped his chin, "And it really depends on who the couple is. But how the hell would I know, I'm not in a relationship. So no comment." he shrugged.

"One hell of a no comment when you commented so much already." Baekhyun bumped D.O.'s shoulders. "And I thought you were our umma and Suho hyung is our father? You're already married, Kyungsoo!"

"EW!" D.O. cringed.

Chanyeol sighed softly as he stretched out his long legs. "It's quite sad. That all six of us haven't been in a relationship before." he scratched his head. "Do you think something is wrong with us?"

"Hell no." Kai made a face. "Maybe something is wrong with you but nothing is wrong with me, definitely. I may not be a best-seller like the Devil Oh Sehun, but I have my own share of admirer's alright. Not sure about you."

Chanyeol made a face. "Mean."

Sunmi shook her head in amusement at the boy's banter and sighed softly to herself. She glanced over at Suho secretly and bit her lip. She knew that being the student council president and stuff, Suho had received a few confessions before. But he rejected all the girls, though nicely. Why was that? Did none of them interest him?

"Suho." Sunmi whispered.

Suho looked over at her distractedly, his attention on the drama. "Yeah?" he chewed on a popcorn.

Sunmi bit her lip hesitantly and took a deep breath. "Why haven't you gotten a girlfriend yet?" she murmured. "I mean, it's not like no one likes you. And some of the girls that like you are actually pretty and decent. You could have gotten a girlfriend if you wanted, ages ago."

Suho looked surprised at her comment and he chuckled. "I don't want a girlfriend now." he shrugged, grinning. "School is too busy and I just want to be a good Council President. I'm not looking for a relationship right now." he admitted.

Sunmi's face fell a little at his comment. Did that mean she didn't have a chance?

"And anyway," Suho grinned. "I didn't feel anything for any of those girls. I guess my miss right isn't amongst them."

Sunmi felt her heart lift at his comment and she bit her lip to contain her smile. Did that mean his miss right might be her? He didn't seem to have any underlying meaning to his words but Sunmi hoped fervently that he did. She just really really liked him.

"Anyway," Chanyeol suddenly blurted. "Do you think it's possible for the Devil to act like that love-sick fool in the drama when he gets himself a girlfriend for real in the future?"

"NO." everyone chorused without thinking.

Chanyeol pouted and puffed his cheeks. "Well think about it, MAYBE if he met someone he really loves-"

"No." Sunmi rolled her eyes. "Don't you know he's called the Devil for a reason? He doesn't have a heart. He won't ever love someone besides himself."

"What do you know." Chanyeol sang. "Maybe tomorrow he will turn up in a dress and start dancing I Got A Boy right in the middle of the cafeteria."

 


Things didn't turn out quite as dramatically as Chanyeol imagined, but it wasn't far off.

The gang went to school as usual the next day, busying themselves with the banter that never seemed to end no matter how many rounds of it they held. They reached school and got to the hallways, grabbing their books for the next upcoming classes of the day.

Lee Jina strutted past them and her shoulder's hit Sunmi's, making the latter wince in hurt. By gods, Jina was so freaking bony it hurt. Sunmi rubbed her shoulder and glared at the back of Jina's head, growling. "Couldn't she even apologize?" she muttered.

Baekhyun eyed her arm and raised a brow. "I wouldn't be surprised if you have a bruise coming up with the impact from her bony shoulder." he noted.

"Thanks. It totally comforts me." Sunmi muttered blandly.

"If it comforts you," D.O. grinned at Sunmi. "The only reason why she did that to you, if on purpose, was that she was jealous of you." he pointed out. "Because of the project you got to spend more time with the Devil that the time the Devil would ever allow for her to hang around him. Think about it, it stemmed from jealousy. Lee Jina was jealous of you."

"I'd rather not." Sunmi shuddered. "I'd rather change partners with her, thank you very much. I really don't see why she likes the Devil so much. But then again if I do see why, I think I'd be in trouble."

Chanyeol nodded. "Don't worry, if that day ever comes I think you're just possessed and I'll perform exorcism on you. Trust me." he patted his own chest.

That little statement made the gang burst out in laughter while the person who said it rubbed his head in confusion at what was so funny about it all. Chanyeol shrugged, knowing that his SUPERIOR sense of humor didn't get their lowly sense of humor sometimes, and he leaned against the lockers while waiting for his friends to be done with getting their books.

It was then that the usual squeals and coos were starting to be heard, signalling the unfortunate arrival of someone the gang hated. "He's here." Chanyeol's face dulled. "Must this screaming ceremony happen every single day? It's so annoying." he stuck his fingers into his ears.

Suho looked around and saw the girls crowding at the entrance. "I wish there could be something that could be done about this. Every time the Devil arrives, we have a massive traffic jam for the other students." he frowned.

"You know what can be done? Just send the Devil to another school and he'll bring his hoard of crazy fangirls away with him." Sunmi crossed her arms in front of her chest. "That would be amazing."

The screams and squeals got louder and Sunmi knew for sure that the Devil was nearing their premises. It was then that something out of the ordinary happened, making her look up in surprise.

A sharp but not so high voice rang out loudly from amidst the girls, making everyone straighten up in curiosity.

"AHHHHH WHAT ARE ALL OF YOU DOING! LET GO OF ME!!! AHHHH!!!!!"

And the most peculiar thing happened.

The Devil rushed out from his crowd of fangirls, hugging his bag as if it was going to protect him. Sunmi did a double take when she saw him. He looked like the Devil, yes. The same face, the same height and physique....but holy what was he wearing?

The same uniform worn on the same person but how could he give off such a different vibe?

The Devil's uniform was PROPERLY worn for once, with the shirt tucked in and the pants pulled up to his tummy. His hair was neatly gelled onto his head, such that not a strand was in disarray. The worst thing about him gelling his hair was that he actually chose to do a centre parting in this day and age. My Goodness.

And must I mention that large geeky brownish glasses he was wearing on his face?

While the Devil walked, Sunmi caught sight of his long long socks with his neat brown leather shoes.

The Devil had the same face, yes. But the Devil today certainly looked different. He actually looked like he was trying to become a nerd or something, and Sunmi thought he would actually succeed in it if the fangirls weren't so active about their pursuit for him even with his appearance change.

"What in the world?" Kai muttered in wonder. "Did Oh Sehun change his concept or something? Hipster concept. Retro concept. H.O.T. concept, that must be it."

The not-really-looking-like-one Devil gave another shriek of pure fear as his fangirls tugged on his shirt once more. "WHAT ARE YOU DOING! GET AWAY FROM ME!" he blurted, jumping a feet away when a girl touched his arm.

"Sehun oppa!" the girls blinked in confusion. "What is happening to you?"

"More like what is happening to everyone of you!" Sehun shuddered, pushing up his spectacles. "Everyone of you. Stay there. Don't take a step towards me. Leave me alone!"

He ran away as quickly as he could, his back hunched and the look of pure fear and disbelief written on his features.

Chanyeol gaped as the new Sehun ran out of sight. "I think it's him who got possessed today." he muttered.