Sehuns in Hiding

The Other Side of the Mirror

Double update! Go back one chapter!

 

Sunmi was about to fall asleep as she hugged both her mirror and the Ahjusshi's mirror to her chest. All she had to do was to read the magic words and to direct the mirror in the Devil's direction to switch both Sehuns.
 
And then Sehun would be free.
 
Sunmi's heart skipped a beat at the thought of seeing Sehun again. They were just separated for a mere three days and she was already missing him like crazy.
 
Now that she knew what it felt like to have him in her life, she couldn't do without him at all. Had Sehun CHOSEN to leave right then in the past instead of staying here by her side, she really didn't know what she would do about it.
 
Thankfully Sehun was adamant about staying on this side of the mirror, except now he was forcefully taken away from her. Drat.
 
She missed him so much and she had no idea how he was doing on the other side. Running away from the cops like a wanted man couldn't be fun, she figured. Especially when the sins weren't even committed by him in the first place.
 
Sunmi held out the silver rimmed mirror and stared at her own dark eye bags as they gazed back at her with the same expression. "Sehun, how are you doing over on the other side?" She whispered. "Are you doing okay? We already have the other mirror. All the sufferings are going to end in no time." She murmured even though he couldn't possibly hear her.
 
She had no idea how the mirror managed to serve as a webcam between the worlds the other time and many a times, you could catch her glaring at the object as if willing it to show her what was happening on the other side again.
 
She sighed softly and put the mirror down, closing her eyes. She had better get some sleep.
 
-----
 
The EXO-K boys and Sunmi met outside school the next morning, trying to formulate a plan that could single the Devil from the crowd so that they could reflect him in the mirror.
 
The tricky thing was to only reflect the Devil and not anyone else. They couldn't do it in the public lest someone innocent in the background was also reflected and in the end sent to another world without knowing what happened.
 
The thing was, the Devil was horrifyingly popular. His minions followed him wherever he went and even when he went to the bathroom, a few would follow him. They acted like girls really, traveling in groups.
 
"How about we write him a love letter?" Baekhyun suggested.
 
Chanyeol's face immediately contorted in disgust and disbelief as he stared at Baekhyun as if his best friend had officially lost his mind.
 
"No I mean write him a love letter that requests for him to get to somewhere private for a private heart to heart talk. Single him out you know." Baekhyun explained his plan.
 
D.O. wrinkled his nose. "That might have worked on any other guy that this is the Devil. He doesn't care about what other people think or feel and he wouldn't even have the decency to show up to reject a girl that intends to pour her heart out to him. He won't turn up."
 
"That is true." Kai nodded in agreement. "He wouldn't bother turning up."
 
Suho scratched his head. "So how can we isolate him from his gang? We can't risk anyone seeing what we're about to do and risk them being included in the switch. That would be awful." He sighed.
 
Sunmi twisted her lips. "How about pretend to be the Coach. He wouldn't bothering turning up if its a girl, but if it were the coach, he would definitely be there right?"
 
"Genius!" Chanyeol clapped enthusiastically. "We'll convey the message that the soccer coach wants to talk to the captain and lure him to the guy's changing room that's empty! Brilliant!"
 
Everyone nodded at the plan. "So who's going to tell him the fake message?" Sunmi asked innocently.
 
All eyes directed at Suho and the leader gulped. "What?"
 
"Student Council president. Best candidate yet. He wouldn't even dream that it was a lie." Kai murmured in approval.
 
"And that's set." D.O. rubbed his palms together. "Now all we have to so is to fool the Devil."

 

 

 


"Sehun sshi."
 
The Devil turned around with a scowl only to see Suho in front of him with a gentle smile. Disgusting. Men should be strong, cool and steady unlike this council president that seemed like a freaking sheep.
 
"What?" The Devil snapped.
 
"Coach Kim wants to meet you at the guy's changing room right now." Suho told him.
 
The Devil frowned. "Now?" He groaned. "It's break. He's going to take up my time that I could have been eating."
 
Suho shrugged as innocently as he could. "I don't know. I'm just the messenger."
 
The Devil let out an annoyed grunt. "Fine fine I'm going." He grumbled. He sauntered away and Suho let out a breath of relief. Good, part one complete.
 
-----
 
The Devil wrinkled his nose as the girls waved at him while giggling dreamily. Eww, couldn't they stop that. If there was one thing both Sehuns agreed on, it was how they disliked how girls drooled and ogled at them.
 
He strode towards the field where the men's changing room was located at, grumbling to himself. The thing he hated the most was for his break to be shortened by unforeseen circumstances as such.
 
The Devil strode towards the changing room, not noticing how few heads were hiding behind the bushes. Sunmi waited in the corner of the room, holding the mirror close to himself as her heart pounded nervously.
 
The Devil approached the entrance and was about to enter when he noticed that his shoelaces were untied. He lowered himself to the floor to tie his shoelaces, disappearing from Sunmi's view momentarily.
 
Sunmi had been eying the Devil's approaching reflection in the glass panel on the side. When he suddenly disappeared from her view, she moved slightly to crane her neck.
 
There came a faint rustling sound from her clothes and she immediately froze, her eyes fixed on the glass panel. The Devil didn't appear nor did he make any noise.
 
She let out a sigh of relief, standing straight as a pole as she clutched the mirror hard in her hands, waiting for him to get in so she could launch a surprise attack at him.
 
She waited. And waited. And waited and waited.
 
What the-? The Devil was already arriving minutes ago but why didn't he come in?
 
She instantly straightened when she heard footsteps that were getting louder and louder by the minute. Someone was running towards where she was.
 
Her fingers tightened around the mirror and she clenched her teeth. The moment was here.
 
She was about to pounce out from her hiding position when her eyes fell on the guy who had arrived, panting heavily. "Sunmi, the Devil ran away!" D.O. heaved.
 
Sunmi's eyes widened and she sprang out from her hiding place immediately. "What do you mean he ran away? Doesn't he know he was to be here to meet his coach?"
 
"He knows." D.O. nodded. "He was about to enter when he ducked down to tie his shoelaces and he was out of our view. And then he suddenly disappeared and we were just waiting and waiting, until Kai couldn't stand it anymore and he burst out from his hiding place."
 
Typical of Kai.
 
"So where is the Devil?" Sunmi asked urgently, panic rising in her.
 
"We asked around. It seems he took his bag and ran off out of school immediately." D.O. raked his fingers through his hair in frustration. "It seems he managed to find out that we were here, and he took off. The others already ditched school to look for him and I'm here to fetch you."
 
Sunmi shivered. No. No way. How did the Devil know she was...
 
Sunmi her spot and kneeled down at the spot were the Devil had supposedly tied his shoelaces. She glanced at the spot where she was hiding initially, a perfect spot that wouldn't have given her position away had the Devil been standing.
 
Alas, her feet were seen from his position and she hasn't realized that if the Devil crouched low enough, he would also be able to see her reflection in the glass panel which showed her entire reflection, including the mirror she was holding.
 
No wonder he ran. Who wanted to return to a world where he was a wanted criminal?
 
Sunmi cursed herself vehemently for being so careless and felt tears of desperation well in her eyes. Damn. Damn damn damn.
 
"Come on, we've got to find the Devil immediately. It's not your fault." D.O. tugged her to follow, shooting her an encouraging smile. Hopefully.

 

 

 


They didn't find him.
 
The Devil had managed to get a ticket within that short time and by the time they reached his mansion, butler Han had informed them that the Devil was already on a plane to London.
 
The target was already alerted and now the element of surprise wasn't in their advantage. Now the Devil had the advantage because he had the wealth and freedom of being an orphan while the they didn't.
 
He was now in another country entirely and it was almost impossible to go chasing after him and besides they didn't have the time and money.
 
Sehun needed the help immediately before he was sent to jail. What if the Devil didn't make his appearance till fifty years later? Was Sehun to spend that fifty years in jail in the Devil's place?
 
Sunmi could think of no solution other than the one that would make her parents cringe should they know what was happening.
 
Sunmi clutched the mirrors in her hands, her lips trembling from her decision. Sehun was able to sacrifice his life for her the other time when he decided to stay.
 
She was able to sacrifice hers as well.
 
Sunmi bit her lip and glanced at the door of her parents' bedroom. Sorry umma, Appa, she thought.
 
She had to save Sehun some way or another. It didn't help that there was only one solution she could think of, but if this was it, she would try it