Message

The Other Side of the Mirror

Sunmi paced around in the room, her fists clenched tight and unable to sit still. So many things happened within the span of two days and she could hardly recover from it all.

It seemed life was really unpredictable wasn't it? She had just been basking in the new found relationship with Sehun, enjoying their moments of sweetness together and all of a sudden he was taken away from her within a blink of an eye.

Not to mention, taken away with almost absolutely no other way of getting him back. A small part of her was afraid that he might love it too much back in his world that even given the chance to come back to this world, he wouldn't want to.

But she had to trust him didn't she? Trust that what he had told her was true, that he did love her and he did want to stay with her.

And now they were back to square one once more, they had to find that second enchanted mirror in this world so that Sehun could return to them.

"Sunmi, stop pacing around. You're making me giddy." Chanyeol complained, shaking his head and rubbing his temples.

Sunmi let out a sigh and plopped herself lifelessly on the couch. She sulked and hung her head desperately. "Eotteohke? I just knew that Devil was a real reincarnation of the real devil. He must have found out about the enchanted mirrors and managed to find one!"

Everyone slumped, lethargic. "So we're back to square one once more right?" Baekhyun muttered. "We have to find another one of these mirrors so that we can discreetly direct it at the Devil, switching our Sehun back."

D.O. sat up. "If that is the case, we must go looking for it immediately! Not a moment's delay!"

"Not to be a spoilsport, hyung," Kai wrinkled his nose. "But previously when we were searching for the mirror for Sehun to return, we have searched almost the whole of Seoul. I really don't know where we can start looking for it because it just isn't around."

Sunmi picked up the first metal framed mirror which she had gotten the first time, and twisted it in her hands wistfully. "Do you know where your other brother mirrors are?" she whispered desperately, almost willing for it to give her a response. "Please?"

Suho stood up and straightened his shoulders, putting on a determined look on his face. "We can't let this go on any longer. Sitting here isn't going to solve anything." he shook his head. "Look, the Devil had obviously caused some serious trouble on the other side which is why he is glad to be back on this side. We can't just let Sehun stay there on the other side, taking responsibility for things he never did."

Everyone nodded. Knowing the Devil, they really couldn't know what to expect for the "mess" he was referring to.

Sunmi stood up as well, biting her lip. "Suho's right. We have to keep looking for the mirror even if chances seem slim. It's the only way."

 

 

 

The Devil stretched lazily as he slumped against the couch, watching as his lackeys' continued attemps to praise him and to get into his good books. Oh seriously, didn't they know whatever they did he would never like any one of them?

The Devil didn't do any liking. He didn't do affection or admiration. Heh, what good did it do to him and why bother with these people who were obviously less marvellous compared to him, really.

However he couldn't deny he was seriously RELIEVED to be back in his own world.

He didn't know how the other Sehun managed to survive in the other world but seriously, he was treated like scum over on the other side. The Devil could never imagine how someone else with the exact same features as he had could be deemed a loser on the other side. Seriously, with a face like his.

He could still remember the initial shock the very first morning when he woke up over on the other side. Goodness gracious, he was in the same house, same mansion and same room but the first thing that hit him was just....how many manga series were dotted around his shelves.

Shelves. For books. He didn't have those things in his room.

He was about to get up to hurl something at Butler Han for destroying his room when he noticed just how evil looking this Butler Han was. He was strict and tolerated no nonsense, which even scared the Devil quite a bit. The Devil had instructed for Butler Han to throw away all that manga in his room and was positive that the maids had looked at him as if he had good mad.

But whatever. He went to school because he was bored with nothing to do, and was instantly aware of how people were staring at him. And not in the usual way he was used to them staring.

Oh the Devil knew everything about stares. He got those all the time. Stares from girls as they tried hard not to drool and stares from boys as they grew envious and green-eyed about everything the Devil had: Money, looks and soccer skills.

However, this sort of stare which he had encountered then...he had never seen anything like it. Well not exactly, he had seen this sort of a disdainful stare, or rather glare, but it hadn't been directed to him in the past. In fact, that sort of stare was only known to come out of his own eyes. Heh.

By break time, he realized what was wrong. He realized that all the students in school were assuming he was one big fat nerd and was trying to be a popular wannabe by not wearing his glasses and not gelling his hair up like Draco Malfoy. Seriously, where did they get that idea from? Oh Sehun, a nerd? These people have the greatest imagination ever.

And then he realized more things that were weird. He found out that all his lackeys were actually presidents or members in the Math Olympiad club and as one of them told him to sod off but in a more refined manner, "Kindly stop disturbing us, Sehun sshi. I enjoy reading very much and will not tolerate any disruptions as I am doing so."

Like seriously. Pinch him.

So perhaps his lackeys had gone mad or something, he didn't care much for them anyway. He walked around school and noticed the EXO-K boys sauntering around. Sauntering. The Devil had raised his brows then because they were walking in the perfect imitation of how HE walked. How dare they imitate his style, as if they could out do him.

Their shirts were untucked, ties hanging loosely around their necks, and to be completely honest, the Devil thought they looked quite the rebel. He couldn't be sure but...was that a tattoo he saw peeking out from under Chanyeol's sleeve? That goofy retarded giant tall guy?

It came more than mere surprise when he saw Sunmi strutting, yes strutting, over to where the EXO-K boys were, wearing the shortest skirt imaginable. He did a double-take as the previously goody-two-shoes pushed a smaller junior boy out of her way and caused him to fall, smirking as she went without an apology. Wow, that was something he would have done.

She went straight to Suho and holy....the two of them started this passionate make out session in the middle of the hallway. Even the Devil felt a little embarrassed by how hot they took things.

He had been utterly confused right then. Something was dreadfully wrong with the world he was in. It looked exactly the same but it was completely different, did that make sense at all? Perhaps he was still dreaming.

The Devil sipped his beer as he nodded and pretended to listen as his lackeys continued showering him with praises. Hm, it was good to be back to godly status.

It had taken him weeks to finally figure out what had changed his life into this horrifying nightmare. He stunned many people along the way with his rude manners and absolute lack of compassion, and he actually kind of admired the EXO-K boys when he learnt that they did drugs and even sold them. Goodness, he finally found some people on par with his evilness.

Anyway, it wasn't until five weeks into this strange new dream that he figured out what was happening and that it wasn't a mere dream. He finally connected to the day when he shared a detention period with that dreaded Kim Sunmi and the strange metal rimmed mirror the Ahjusshi had given her the previous day.

THAT was the key to why he had changed into this horrifying world.

He had gone straight to the Ahjusshi when he figured everything out but since the worlds were direct opposites, this ahjusshi was much less helpful and a whole lot more stupid. He didn't know anything about the enchanted mirror and whatnot and even told the Devil that he had a great imagination. Heh.

And so the Devil had been finding the mirror for the past few weeks, with increased urgency in the past two weeks as he hid and searched like someone thirsty for water after five days in a desert. He finally found the mirror and was transported back to his own world, just as how things were supposed to be.

He thought about how the goody-two-shoes Sunmi had actually fallen in love with his other goody-two-shoes self and snickered. It was an added bonus that he could make her suffer with the sudden disappearance of his clone that had tried to take his identity.

Oh the shame. He had to come back to his own world to learn of all the embarrassing things his clone had done, messing up his reputation completely. Now people actually expected him to smile and wave when he walked past them in the corridor. Seriously what had his clone done!

A little smirk quirked at the side of his lips as he thought about it. He supposed he couldn't quite blame his clone for messing up his life a little, because he sure as hell messed up his.

The Devil snickered inwardly to himself. Oh, he was beyond RELIEVED to be back here.

-----

"AHHHHH!!!!!"

The EXO-K boys rushed over to Sunmi when they heard her scream. They didn't find any other enchanted mirrors that day and had gone back to Sunmi's home for a last discussion before calling it a day. Sunmi had been staring at the first enchanted mirror she had gotten, when she let out that terrible scream.

"WHAT HAPPENED!" Chanyeol yelled in panic, grabbing fistfuls of his hair. "ALIENS?"

Sunmi picked up the mirror from her bed with shaky hands, letting out an equally shaky breath. "No....look!" she whispered. "I was just studying the mirror when..."

The EXO-K boys huddled around her, peering at the mirror curiously. They were suprised when they realized it wasn't their reflections they saw but instead swirls of smoke. What the-

"Do you think the mirror is going to explode?" D.O. asked dumbly.

They watched in half fascination and fear as the swirls of smoke slowly disappeared and an image was formed. Sunmi's eyes rounded as she recognized the figure huddled over in the mirror as the image got clearer. "Sehun!" she gasped.

The Sehun in the mirror looked haggard and worn out, with blood shot eyes. "Sunmi." he croaked.

HOLY . What in the world?

"Oh my god. Oh my god." Kai muttered to himself, losing his cool. "How did this happen?"

Sehun looked behind his shoulder and Sunmi took notice of his surroundings. It was dark and dirty and it looked like he was hiding in a cupboard box. "The Devil found an enchanted mirror here and he switched us back. I found his mirror and well...I don't really know how it quite happened but I think the enchanted mirrors can act as a way of communication between the two worlds."

"Cool." Baekhyun whispered.

Sunmi looked like she was about to cry any time as she stared at Sehun in the mirror. "Sehun...." she whispered. "How are you on the other side? You look....you look bad."

Sehun pursed his lips together and seemed to have lost all innocence and naivety which he originally possessed. "I really wish the Devil never found the mirror."

"I know." Sunmi nodded. "I miss you so much Sehun, you were just gone all of a sudden and-"

Sehun shook his head. "I miss you too, I really want to switch so that I can return to your side but this isn't the only reason." he admitted. He stared at the EXO-K boys regretfully. "I think I'm going to jail." he croaked.

All eyes widened and Suho snatched the mirror from Sunmi's hands. "What do you mean?"

"I..." Sehun heaved. "The Devil. He was involved in a fatal hit-and-run accident and somehow people managed to recognize it as him. Me. It was just perfect timing about how he found the mirror in time and switched himself out of danger because now I'm a wanted criminal." his bottom lip wobbled. "I might have the death sentence for something I never even did."

Shock reveberated on this side of the world. The Devil....the devil killed someone? They always referred to him as the Devil but they never really thought he was capable of something so inhumane. Sunmi felt sick and she desperately wanted to throw up.

"Apparently he really wanted to find the mirror and he saw Ahjusshi Han from the antique shop, crossing the road." Sehun shook, disturbed. "Maybe he wanted to force the truth out of Ahjusshi Han from my world, but this Ahjusshi Han knew nothing about the mirror. The Devil just stepped on the accelerator and...and Ahjusshi Han..."

Sunmi broke into tears. For the dead. For Sehun. For herself.

"I don't know what to do." Sehun admitted, a tear trickling down his cheek. "Sunmi I really don't want to go to jail. I want to go back to you, I want to watch that JUMP performance with you, to bring you to homecoming, to graduate university together... I don't want to be punished for something I didn't do..."

Sunmi wiped at her cheeks furiously. "We'll find a way to save you from this mess, Sehun. I promise."

Sehun gave her a sad nod and the image slowly faded away. Sunmi grasped at the mirror desperately and willed for the connection to continue. Sehun was yelling about how he loved her and she told him the same, as the connection finally cut off and all she saw was her tear stained face.

She looked back at the boys who were staring dumbly at her, unable to process what they have just seen and heard.

"We have to get him back." Sunmi whispered. "We have to save him." Yes, yes they did.