Changes

The Other Side of the Mirror


Sunmi ran like she never did, speeding all the way to Sehun's mansion. Surprisingly, her speed was even faster than what it would have been should she have taken a car, because of the morning traffic.

Perhaps she was just fooling herself by being worried for nothing. Running to his mansion and later back to the theatre, they would be bound to be late for the JUMP performance which she was so eager to watch.

However she just had that feeling, that feeling that something wasn't right. Why had Sehun's number turned invalid overnight? No not even overnight. In a few hours. It was just six to seven hours since she talked to him and suddenly the number didn't exist. Something was wrong. Dreadfully so.

And moreover, where was Sehun? If his phone really had gone bonkers, he still would have appeared at their meeting point fifteen minutes ago. So where was he?

Sunmi huffed and panted as she reached Sehun's mansion. She eyed the grand familiar structure and pressed the bell furiously. Was he in? If he dared oversleep....she would hug him and kiss his cheek seriously. At least he was fine. She didn't know why but she just had that feeling that something was wrong, dreadfully dreadfully wrong.

Butler Han's familar voice came sounding through the intercomm. "Oh! Good morning Sunmi agasshi-"

"Butler Han!" Sunmi heaved. "Is.." she panted. "Is..."

"Sunmi agasshi are you okay? You don't look too well." Butler Han's voice sounded concerned. "Did Young master and you get some sort of a common cold or something because he's not really behaving-"

"Sehun is home?" Sunmi nearly laughed in relief. "Is Sehun home?"

"Yes he's having his breakfast-"

"BREAKFAST?" Sunmi let out a huge sigh. Thank God, he was home, safe and sound and...having breakfast. And to think she had that nagging suspicion that something happened to him. "Let me in right now, Butler Han! I want to hit that guy on the head and hug him!"

Butler Han let out an amused laugh and the gates promptly sprang open. Sunmi took a deep breath and stormed inside, ready to give Sehun a piece of her mind despite the relief she felt. She felt like laughing a little while she was making her way to the dining room, which was rather far from the entrance of the mansion seeing how large the place was.

She actually thought something had happened to him and was so worried that she nearly peed in her pants, uhm, dress. That only showed how much she loved that Angel Boy didn't it? Heh, she was so anxious and jumpy then.

Sunmi could hear the clinking of cutlery and the occassional familar voice and praising the food. "Man, this is a good." She heard Sehun moan to himself.

Sunmi snorted. Rage started to settle once the initial worry in her heart dissolved. This guy was having a good meal when he was supposed to meet her for breakfast and watch the JUMP performance with her?

"Yah Oh Sehun!" Sunmi growled and stormed into the dining room. The sight of Sehun sitting in that big table filled, no kidding, FILLED with delicacies made her even more angry than before. There were french toasts, bacon slices, scrambled eggs, ramen, congee, and buns, chinese dimsum, and just seriously every sort of food Sunmi could think of.

And was that a plate of steak she saw in the corner? Why was he eating steak early in the morning, was he starved or something? Sehun never really showed off his wealth and he ate plain bread with peanut butter in the morning, not splurging on food like this.

Sehun blinked, a little startled at her sudden entrance. He raised his brows in question and shot an accusing gaze to Butler Han who was standing at the side.

"I was waiting for you at the cafe and worrying my guts out when your phone line was suddenly invalid and here you are having the feast of your life, gorging yourself silly!" Sunmi growled, storming over to him and putting her hands to her waist. "And on our first date as well! Are you insane?"

Sehun raised his brows and stared at Sunmi. "You mean me, I, Oh Sehun was supposed to meet you on...a date." he said it as if it was the funniest thing ever.

"Well yes." Sunmi blinked, confused. "We were supposed to go watch that JUMP show together and-"

"Why in the world would I, the handsome Oh Sehun go on a date with you? You seriously have to get your brain checked." Sehun snickered. "I don't even want a thing to do with the brainless chick Jina and she's even better looking than you."

Brainless chick? Wait that sounded really familiar.

"But you're my boyfriend and-"

"Oh great and now this girl is illusional." Sehun laughed humorlessly. "Butler Han, what in the world were you thinking when you let this insane girl into my house here? Is this place just for anyone?"

Butler Han looked confused, but then again now that Sunmi thought about it, he looked pretty confused the moment she saw him at the door. He said somethign about....about Sehun not being himself.

"Young master, it is true that Sunmi agasshi and you are currently dating." Butler Han bowed.

Sehun considered this for a few moments before hsi brows raised in amusement. "Oh...I see." he snickered and raised his gaze to meet Sunmi's. The girl was still puzzed, confused, not at all knowing what was going on. Why was sehun acting so unlike him all of a sudden?

"Well with effect from this instant onwards, we no longer are." Sehun directed his gaze at Sunmi and snickered. "I don't know what you're thinking but stop with this illusion you're having that we're together because now we're not."

Sunmi's jaw drop. "What-"

"Butler Han, get this our of my house right now." Sehun commanded nonchalantly. "I want to enjoy my feast well. It's been ages since I've had a good meal."

Butler Han glanced at Sunmi uncertainly. He was on good terms with the girl and he had been very very sure that his young master was in love with the girl in question as well. Sehun, he didn't have a split personality did he? Why did he change from the cool bastard to a nice innocent boy and back to the cool bastard all in a few months?

Sunmi stared at Sehun, shocked. Did he just call her a ? Sehun wouldn't ever say that, not to her, not to anyone. Even if he hated someone with a passion, he would never use such an offending term. But this guy...it's almost as if....

"Butler Han what are you waiting for? Bring her out of my sight or her germs will spread around my house damn it." Sehun barked.

Butler Han sent Sunmi an apologetic glance and ushered her out of the room. Sunmi was pale and too shocked to react to what had just happened. Butler Han ushered her to the gates and flagged a taxi for her. "I'm sorry about Young Master. He seems to be rather strange this morning. It's almost as if he reverted to his old self."

That striked Sunmi hard as her suspicions flew around her mind. As if he returned to his old self....

Butler Han left her when she didn't give a response for a long time, staring into space blankly. Sunmi felt anxiety grip her heart and tears of disbelief started welling in her eyes. It couldn't be, could it? It couldn't...it couldn't...

"That guy back there." Sunmi whispered. "He couldn't have been the Devil could he?"

 


"What you're saying is that the Devil is back?" D.O. shrieked. "No way." he shook his head in disbelief. "No. No way in hell after all I've done and he disappeared? No way. NO."

Everyone looked shocked but the person who looked the most pale was still Sunmi. She didn't want to believe in her own assumption but there was no reason not to. His attitude was a hundred and eighty degrees different from how he was. He was no longer innocent and cheerful and cute would be the last adjective to describe the guy she just saw.

"It does make sense really." Baekhyun analyzed the situation calmly, ignoring how Chanyeol was hyperventilating beside him. "Firstly, this new Sehun called Sunmi a . Familiar? Yes. The Devil called her that before as well. Secondly, he seemed confused and surprised to learn that they were dating. His attitude and character seemed to match the Devil's as well. Lastly, the fact that Sehun's phone number is now invalid...could that be that because he was transported into his own world again together with his phone, his line is now non-existent."

Suho frowned and glanced at Sunmi worriedly.

"But how did they change places again then?" he asked, frowning. "There is no way that Sehun would have gone back unless he found an enchanted mirror. And if he had found one, it wasn't possible that he didn't tell us."

Everyone lapsed into silence. Well there was one possibility....that Sehun changed his mind and decided to go back after all without telling the rest of them.

"No." Kai muttered, expressing what everyone felt. It wasn't possible that their Angel Boy wold leave them without a word. "Look here, what we're assuming is that the mirror has to be found on our side of the world, the magic words said and the Sehuns changed places. But what did the Ahjusshi Han tell us? He said the two worlds are exact replicas of each other, which means that if there's a Sehun here, there would be a Sehun there." he pointed out.

Chanyeol gaped. "Do you mean that if there's an enchanted mirror on this side, there would be an enchanted mirror on the other side as well?"

Kai shrugged. "We must not underestimate the Devil. Even though our Sehun is the one with better academic grades, our Sehun is also more innocent and gullible. If you were to compare who was more manipulative, the Devil would win hands down. What if the Devil manages to figure out about the mirror?"

"He was there when Ahjusshi Han gave Sunmi the mirror as well!" D.O. gasped, shocked. "So after all they've been through and Sehun decided to make a life altering decision of staying, he was switched back to his world again because of the stupid Devil?" he groaned.

Sunmi swallowed. She had to have her Sehun back. The thought of not seeing Sehun for the rest of her life was just....horrifying. Horrifyingly depressing.

She shot up from her seat abruptly and walked away with quick urgent steps. Baekhyun rose from his seat to follow her but Suho stopped him. "She needs time to think. She would obviously be the one most affected by this." he reasoned. Sighing deeply, Suho massaged his temples. "I knew this relationship was no good."

"It's not the relationship they shared that was the problem." D.O. muttered, pouting. "It was the darn existence of that Devil."

-----

It wasn't easy for Sunmi to approach the Devil after that because he just wanted nothing to do with her. The other students were stunned with Oh Sehun's rapid changes of attitude and most of them just thought that perhaps the hottest couple was in one of their regular spats once again.

However, some also noted how Oh Sehun was cool, vulgar, and not to mention heartless again. He never even waved to anyone who greeted him in the hallway, which was incredibly unlike him for the past few months.

The more Sunmi looked at the guy, the more she was certain that Sehun and the Devil must have changed places once again. The guy had the exact same appearance with the guy she loved, but at the same time completely different. She was reminded of why she hated the Devil with such a passion time and time again, and it just contrasted with her love for Sehun.

And it for her, because even if she hated the Devil's attitude and character to bits, every time her gaze fell on the Devil's face, her scumbag heart would give a skip. No matter how evil the Devil was inside, his exterior still looked like her boyfriend and darn, even after a day, she missed missed missed him.

Sunmi tried to follow the Devil wherever he went and questioned him about how he came back, if he was the Devil, and random bursts of questions which made unknowing people around her stare at her as if she was insane.

The Devil replied with such easiness. "Of course I'm Oh Sehun, are you out of your mind? Do I not look like him?" And he got laughter from his audience.

Sunmi finally got her chance to talk to him when Sehun was the last one in the guys' changing room as he prepared for soccer practice. Another reason to believe this guy was the Devil and not her boyfriend. Soccer practice? Her Sehun would have died rather than attend one of those.

Sunmi snuck into the guys' changing room without even worrying about her own reputaion, having waited so long for such an opportunity to arise to interrogate the guy who looked like her boyfriend. The Sehun look alike was slightly startled when Sunmi suddenly appeared as he was changing into his soccer jersey.

"What the ." he cursed, growling. "What the hell are you doing in here Kim Sunmi? Might I remind you, this is the guys' changing room. By guys I don't mean you, even if you're not one bit feminine."

Sunmi strode up to him and stared at his face. He glared right back at her without flinching, the malice shining in his eyes. She swallowed and shook her head firmly. "You're not him." she whispered. No way in hell would Sehun be able to have such a...a cold heartless gaze. Her Sehun was full of warmth.

"Him who, Kim Sunmi?" The Devil asked in a bored manner. "And to think that the straight A's student couldn't explain herself better."

"Him. Your other self." Sunmi hissed, growling. She knew she didn't have a right to be angry because honestly, Sehun didn't have a right to stay either. This was the Devil's life and no matter how Sehun felt like he belonged her, he was a matter of fact stealing someone else's identity. The Devil had the right to return to his own life.

Something changed in the Devil's gaze and he regarded her with caution. "What are you talking about Kim Sunmi, you're not making sense." he laughed humorlessly, his eyes following her every move like an eagle.

"Don't act like you don't know what I'm talking about, you ." Sunmi whispered fiercely. "Two months ago, you were switched into another world that looked exactly the same as the one we are in, except everyone had opposite personalities. Yesterday morning, you were changed back to this world again. How the hell did you do that?"

The Devil stared at her for a few moments before letting out a smirk. "Ah....I forgot. You dated him." he mused, snickering. "I always knew you had a soft spot for me, Kim Sunmi, and it was only when the lousier version of me came that you had a chance to seduce him."

"Don't talk about him like that. He's a million times better than you because he is nothing like you." Sunmi growled, angry.

"Touche." The Devil smirked. "It doesn't matter does it? Now I'm back and you better be glad that he's all the way back in the other world and I have no way of suing him. Look what he did to my life in a mere two months. I lost such reputation, especially with the rumors of us dating. Heh."

Sunmi shook with rage. This guy was just completely different from the guy she loved, physical appearance aside.

"I don't get why you're looking at me like you want to kill me, he doesn't have a right to steal away my life to begin with." the Devil snickered. "So sue me. No one will believe the you're going to talk about and once I step out of this changing room, I'll deny anything I ever said."

The Devil took his towel and made his way to the door. He stopped after a few moments and turned around to smirk at her. "Seeing how you're not going to see your beloved ever again for the rest of your life, I'll let you in on a little something."

Sunmi shifted her gaze to look at him warily.

"Even if I'm able to sue the other Sehun for messing up my life here, I won't." the Devil said in a deep voice, just for her ears. "Let's just say that I left an even bigger mess back there waiting for him and I'm wholly glad to be back. Even if burdened with you as my ex-girlfriend."

He laughed heartily and stepped out of the room, leaving Sunmi shivering even though it wasn't cold at all. She had no idea what he was talking about, but she didn't have a good feeling about it.