The Pink Occasion

The Other Side of the Mirror
The students of SM high were quickly caught up with another event after the passing of another. There was only seven days after the SM high founder's day school dance to prepare for the upcoming anticipated event of the year, clearly loved by both females and florists alike: Valentines.
 
The girls rushed about in hushed whispers as they discussed what they were going to get for the boy that caught their attention, and the guys were racking their brains on how to confess their feelings to the girl in their hearts.
 
Sunmi was in a similar situation, except she wouldn't call it a trouble confessing her feelings. She wasn't going to confess her feelings whatsoever. Nah.
 
She was just a little concerned over what to get Sehun for Valentines. Even if they weren't dating for real, she felt that she should make a little more effort in preparing his valentines gift, seeing how he always helped her and cheered her on in the past.
 
She could easily get a box of chocolates from the supermarket but somehow, she just couldn't forgive herself if she really did that. She had to get something special for him.
 
He was, after all, her first boyfriend. Even if he was a fake one. But well.
 
The problem of getting a perfect Valentines' gift filled Sunmi's mind enough for her to ignore the problem of how magical that one night was. Her scumbag brain had the tendency to keep thinking back to that one night where she danced away in Sehun's arms, and she quickly turned her attention to the problem of gifts, hoping to shake some sense into herself.
 
There was no denying that dancing with Sehun that night was really different from dancing with Suho. Or the rest of the EXO-K boys for that matter.
 
It wasn't like Sehun was exceptionally good in dancing. The Devil could have been pretty good at it but since Sehun was his complete opposite, he didn't know how to use his body that well. His brain was in his complete control but his body? NAH.
 
There was Kai the dance machine if Sunmi ever decided to look for a guy that was great in dancing. It wasn't like Sehun was exceptionally good-looking that night either because, oh man, what a tux did to a male. The EXO-K boys were just stunningly handsome that night and some of the girls were pretty surprised at how they let such hunks slip through their grips.
 
There were other boys in school that looked pretty decent that night too. Sehun would have been the most popular, however that didn't mean he would neccessarily be the most handsome out of them. There was competition no doubt if one were to choose who looked the best that night.
 
And it wasn't as if Sehun was the hunk-iest, or the one with the most muscle, the one with the cutest smile, the one with the nicest voice.
 
Sehun didn't fit in any of those categories but somehow dancing with him had sent tingles all the way down to Sunmi's toes, something that didn't happen when she was dancing with the EXO-K boys, or Suho for that matter. It was very strange that this foreign boy from a foreign world could command such control over her senses and thoughts within such a short period of time.
 
He had to know magic. Kidding.
 
But really, Sunmi was confused as to why she was so concerned over what Sehun thought and how he felt, why she began to see him in a different light and not the original whiny child she thought of him. But the more she thought about it, the more uncertain she felt as memories of how disappointed she felt when she heard that Suho liked her as a sister surfaced, and she decided not to think of that matter altogether.
 
Problem solved.
 
So then came the problem of deciding a gift for Sehun.
 
When Sunmi tried to think of what she could get him, the possibilites seemed to narrow. Sehun was stinky rich with the inheritance from when his parents passed on and he could get anything he wanted, no doubt.
 
If there was one thing Sunmi knew Sehun wanted with a passion, that was for Lee Jina to like the real him and not the Oh Sehun Star Soccer Player. However, if there was one thing Sunmi knew about Lee Jina, that was that the girl wasn't able to love anyone, not more than how she loved herself.
 
She downed at the prospect of Sehun's infatuation with Jina and forced herself to shake the feeling off. So what if she was his fake girlfriend, it didn't give her the right to feel jealous or anything like that.
 
And of course she wasn't jealous, what were you thinking? Heh. Ahem.
 
Sunmi sighed and buried her face in her pillow, sighing out loud. What to do, what to do?
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
"You want me to teach you how to cook?" D.O. made no effort to mask how that suggestion made him feel, his eyes and expression completely giving off that one emotion that struck him to the core once those words left Sunmi's mouth. Yes you guessed it, it was fear.
 
"Aww don't look like that." Sunmi nudged him, pouting. "It's not like I'm going to burn down your kitchen or anything." she joked.
 
D.O. apparently didn't really think of it that way. He paled even more and was almost as fair as Sehunnie at that instant. "I must call my parents to ask if we bought insurance for the house." he whispered to himself, forgetting that Sunmi was there in front of him.
 
"Yah Kyungsoo." Sunmi elbowed him, scowling. "You're talking about me as if I'm more dangerous than a terrorist. I'm just going to cook, it's going to be fine. In fact, I'm not even considered to be cooking. It'll just be baking. Flour, water, eggs, oven. Easy peasy." she clicked her fingers.
 
D.O. shuddered and made no move to invite her into his house, completely disregarding how it made him look rude to anyone who walked past at that time. Who cared. He hadn't made sure if his house was insured yet, that was more important.
 
"You're not just a terrorist in the kitchen, Sunmi. You're plain hazardous." D.O. commented bluntly. "I do love you like my real daughter but really, can we not endanger our lives like this?" he swallowed. "I'm sure there are more ways of making a Valentines' gift for Sehun. I mean it's not like you two are really dating, you don't need to risk your life for a gift right?"
 
Sunmi rolled her eyes and punched D.O.'s arm hard. The latter winced and whimpered, pouting cutely. "Oh fine fine risk my life, I'm the greatest umma in the world. Don't say I don't love you as much as your father does." he huffed, finally opening the door to let Sunmi in.
 
Sunmi immediately brightened as she squealed a thanks and darted in, going straight for the kitchen. D.O. rubbed his temples and shook his head. "I'm so going to die of food poisoning." he muttered. "Mom and Dad, I love you."
 
------
 
"...and here we see, my talented daughter Kim Sunmi trying to bake something really really ressembles a pile of poop." D.O. furrowed his brows, wincing. "And smells like a fire catastrophe." he sniffed the pile of brown stuff. "Really Sunmi, is this really the brownie recipe I gave you?"
 
Sunmi stuck her tongue out and poked the brown pile with a fork. "Well I tried following as best as I could." she defended herself, huffing. Why in the world did it ressemble a pile of poop now that D.O. mentioned it?
 
"Let's taste it!" Sunmi clapped her hands gleefully and scooped a large generous portion, shoving it in front of D.O.'s mouth. The latter gulped visibly and stared at the unknown substance in front of him that could positively take his life. "Why don't you try it?" he squeaked.
 
"You're the teacher, teacher goes first!" Sunmi insisted. "Try it and give me some constructive feedback!" she pleaded.
 
D.O. let out a sigh of resignation and ate the bit of brownish poopish stuff. He squeezed his eyes shut and immediately ran to the basin, spitting it out even though it was barely in his mouth for more than a second. He didn't say a word as he strode straight for the flask of water and chugged down water without bothering to reach for a glass.
 
Sunmi's face fell and she scooped some of her creation. "Is it that bad?" she whispered, putting some in .
 
At once, she dashed to the basin and did the exact same thing as D.O. did, snatching the flask of water from his hands and gulping the rest of the liquid.
 
"You'll kill us both." D.O. heaved. "Why don't you try knitting him a scarf of making him a card, at least you won't kill anybody."
 
"No." Sunmi pouted, wiping the water from the back of her hand. "It has to be brownies. He likes them."
 
D.O. rolled his eyes. "Why are you trying so hard for a stupid commercialized pink occasion anyway?" he retorted. "It isn't like you and Sehun are dating for real. Unless....you like him?" D.O. shot his gaze to her face, his eyes wide. "Wait did my ship sail without me knowing?"
 
"What ship?" Sunmi frowned. "No I don't like him in that way." she murmured. At least, she didn't think so.
 
"Good, don't go sailing the darn ship because it's going to sink like Titanic." D.O. muttered to himself. "Suho will kill me if he knows the ship sailed, even if I'm not the captain of the ship. Like hello, it wants to sail on it's own what has it got to do with me?"
 
"Kyungsoo, I really don't get what you're talking about." Sunmi cocked her head to the side.
 
D.O. shook his head and forced a smile. "Meh it's nothing." he sighed and raked his fingers through his hair. "So let's clean up the mess and let's find some other thing you can give to Sehun that doesn't involve a stove, oven or a pan, shall we?" he asked hopefully.
 
"Nope!" Sunmi beamed. "You're going to teach me to make the perfect brownies and I'm coming over to your house everyday to practice!"
 
D.O. positively fainted.
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
Sehun dragged his feet along with the EXO-K boys, wondering what Sunmi was doing at home. She had rushed off home herself after school and dragged D.O. along with her. His umma hyung however, had a pained expresssion on his face and looked absolutely reluctant to follow her but well, let's just say Sunmi was stronger than he imagined.
 
He kind of envied D.O. that Sunmi was dragging him off somewhere. He wouldn't mind being dragged off by Sunmi if she could hold his arm like she did to D.O.
 
He remembered how she held his arm on the night of the school dance and the things it did to his senses, even if only her fingers were touching her. He thought he would grow mad right then.
 
He sighed and rubbed his temples. Why did he think of Sunmi in such a manner these days?
 
"What's up dude, you're blowing everyone away from this street with your humongous sigh." Chanyeol nudged him. Baekhyun snorted at Chanyeol's lame attempt at being funny while Suho chuckled.
 
"It's nothing." Sehun shook his head. "Where's the ice cream shop, are we there yet?"
 
He finally lifted his head to look around and it was then that he noticed the decorations in the stores around him. Pink, purple, red, white. Fluffy cotton hearts, pink roses, sweet scented perfumes.
 
Wait, all these looked really familiar.
 
"Is there an event coming up soon?" he asked stupidly.
 
"LOL no." Kai muttered. "These people just love pink so much that's why they're painting their walls pink." he muttered dully. "Of course not! Don't you remember? It's the day that our actual founder's day falls on. February 14th, Valentines."
 
"Valentines." Sehun whispered, finally remembering. The occasion which he never cared to celebrate because he never had any one to celebrate with, not even the Jina from his world. She was always involved in her family matters on that day as she told him, but he highly suspected that she was off on a date with the that fiance of hers which she unfortunately loved.
 
But now he had someone to celebrate it with: Kim Sunm- Ahem, he meant the Lee Jina from this world. She adored him to bits didn't she? Even if he knew she liked the Oh Sehun on the outside, he thrived in that feeling of having her admire him when she didn't back in his world.
 
And well, he also had a faux girlfriend to spend it with.
 
Sehun's lips unconsciously twitched up at the thought of her. He vaguely wondered what he should get her for Valentines when his eyes settled on a beautiful charmed bracelet sitting on the display set of a Pandora outlet.
 
He stopped in his tracks, his eyes glued to the display. He just HAD to get that, it would fit Sunmi so perfectly. It was just so pretty and cute and just so...so Sunmi.
 
"Yah maknae what are you looking at?" Baekhyun raised a brow at him when he noticed Sehun wasn't running ahead of them towards the ice cream store like he expected him to. "Stop stalling. Your doublechocomint ice cream is calling out for you."
 
"Give me a sec." Sehun murmured, feeling for his wallet. "I'll catch up with you guys later." he managed to mutter before popping into the store together with half a dozen other guys.
 
Baekhyun blinked and shrugged. "Hmm whatever, at least that leaves me with more choices left."
 
 
 
----

HELLOO I'm back!! :DD

For those who read my blogpost you'd know that my lappy committed suicide even though our relationship was only for 4 months and I was devastated T.T

Turns out it wasn't the laptop that spoilt but the adapter so my laptop wasn't able to charge and it was dead on battery. HEHEHEHE OOPS.

So yay here I am again all is well! ^^