;V.

To Daddy, With Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Come on, Kim Jongin!  I know when something’s bothering you, don’t try to deny it.” Sehun’s narrowed eyes bear into the tanned and sculpturesque face of his friend.

They are currently enjoying a warm cup of coffee, on a stressful Wednesday morning. They are vacating a smokers’ cubicle from the company, just the two men in their own world. Jongin, staring blankly at the glass walls, breathing in the chemicals, seems unfazed, though there is a dark glitter in his eye.

“Kkamjong!” The director’s raised voice breaks him out of his reverie.

“What?”

“What are you thinking of?” The younger man asks, as he sips his favorite tea.

The dark haired man simply shrugs. Another dose of nicotine heightens his senses. While putting last night’s events under the spotlight, he sighs. He's nearly made love to her right then and there. She was so weak, so needy, so thin and simply lovable. He could have taken her, really. But what stopped him?

The baby.

Taehee is already going through a difficult time due to the different blood types. Also, Yixing has already warned him about jumpy situations. Under other circumstances it wouldn’t be so difficult, loving her and caressing her and loving her again, but right now… He can’t risk making her sick again.

“Sehun,” he begins meaningfully, “I have to look after a woman who’s carrying my child, but I’m hurting her. And it seems that at most times she is by herself in the apartment. I would jump in bliss, don’t you think?” His sarcasm doesn’t go unnoticed, as Sehun rolls his eyes.

“I hope he or she won’t inherit this 'thug side' of yours.” He then adds, while sipping some more tea.

Jongin nearly bursts out in laughter, though it subdues with another dose of nicotine in his organism.  With Taehee around, he can only smoke on the balcony.

The two friends talk about cars and company-related matters until the lunch break ends. As Jongin is about to leave the cubicle, Sehun’s voice interrupts his movements.

“Have you told Haeun yet?”

Turning around slowly to face his friend, Jongin is met with a pained look, one that mimics a captured animal’s. He knows the truth about Sehun’s feelings, as he can see beyond the shield of ice. Although their marriage is a political deed, Jongin knows that his friend cares about the said woman.

“Not yet.”

Taehee watches in complete adoration as Inhye, Jongin’s niece, stomps around the living room. In the outmost rage, she throws toys in every direction. Her mother, Hyera, has decided to pay Taehee a visit, upon being requested by Jongin. Aside from that, she is curious about the woman her younger brother is – not – interested in.

“Would you like some more coffee?” Taehee asks the older woman with uncertainty, watching her play with the maknae of the family.

She has to admit, Kim Hyera is a very beautiful woman. She is in her late twenties, but in good shape, and one could mistake her for a blossoming young woman.

Genetics, Taehee comments in her head.

“It’s okay, dear. You look uptight. Just relax, I’m not here to bully you.” Hyera says with a warm smile.

Chewing on her bottom lip, Taehee nods nervously. She doesn’t really know how to react around family members, as she’s always been on her own. Hyera is like fresh water, or a cool breeze washing over her.

Just as Taehee finishes this one thought, little Inhye comes up to her, waving a piece of wrapped caramel in her tiny fist. Much to the woman’s surprise, the girl gives it to her. Surprised, Taehee looks at Hyera, who only smiles proudly at her daughter’s behavior.

Tears sting her eyes, and Taehee cannot even begin to explain this feeling. Something warm erupts in her heart, and she feels whole, filled. This kind of warmth is something she’s been yearning for all her life. To experience it from a child who's not even two years old… That is something different.

“Thank you, Inhye,” she calls out with a shaky voice while lifting the girl in her arms, then pulling her closer to her chest.

“She definitely likes you. Children tend to grasp onto the good and bad people. And Inhye is very disapproving of people, so I’m happy to see she likes you to this extent.”

Taehee smiles blissfully, kissing the little girl’s fist. “Thank you.” She says meaningfully, and also pecks her small forehead.

As the afternoon slips by, Hyera has to bring Inhye home. The little prankster had her afternoon nap, while the two women had small talk. Taehee spoke about her past and how much this preg

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter