;III.

To Daddy, With Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Jongin’s dark ashy eyes focus on the small street in front of him, trying his best to see something through the heavy rain. He knows it’s an unreasonable hour and he’s doing actual stalking but… He has to convince himself that nothing bad will happen to Taehee.

And yet, just who does he want to kid? Maybe nothing will happen to her tonight, but there is always a next time and –

Such thoughts are unneeded and fueled by the heavy rain of early April.

In front of her apartment building, Jongin is seated in his car. From his view he sees the window of her apartment perfectly. The light unexpectedly turns on, making him worry. It’s past 1 in the morning, what is she doing?

A few minutes later, Jongin notices a thin woman, who’s simply skinnier than in his memories. The woman hops down the stairs, holding an umbrella in her hand. As she walks down the street, he turns the engine on and follows. Jongin keeps a reasonable distance so she won’t notice him.

“She wears thin clothes…” He mumbles to himself, pursing his lips to the side.

Taehee heads into a supermarket, and Jongin pulls in on the right. He hurries inside as well like a sleek cat, making sure she won’t notice him. He watches her like a guardian, shaking his head and convincing the shopkeeper that he’s not a creepy stalker. Well, take out the creepy part.

A lump forms in his stomach when he has a glimpse of what is in her shopping basket; instant ramyun, coffee and ice-cream. That is not healthy for a woman being six weeks pregnant. He is slowly dying inside.

Jongin keeps a safe distance to make sure nothing will happen to her. He follows her moves as she looks through the shelves. He notices her yearning for something sweet, but she ends up giving it up and sighing heavily while heading to the cashier. After paying, she gets her umbrella and goes out quietly with a slow pace. Jongin grabs a can of coke and hurries to pay while glancing at her retreating figure.

He dashes out of the store and heads to his car. Turning the engine on, Jongin resumes following her. His headlights are turned off, though he knows how dangerous it can be. Taehee is just across the street, and his heart is clenching heavily.

The man then notices a couple of youngsters coming from the opposite direction, and his soul nearly abandons him. One of teens bumps into Taehee, causing her to lose balance and fall to the ground. He stops the car, ready to get out. His legs are frozen.

He watches as the boys walk away carelessly while Taehee gathers the contents of her bags and her umbrella. She gets up and resumes walking to her apartment. Jongin is falling behind, but so is his better judgment. At least she’s gotten home safely. Jongin stays half an hour more in his car, watching over her apartment’s lights .

Something is upsetting him, as if she were sick. But… Just what is going on with her? What is going on with him?

It takes him a moment to know that something is indeed wrong. At the thought, he springs out of his car and heads to her apartment. He’s found her contact details in Haeun’s files. He’s a bad man, but even they have a right to feel.

Knocking on her door, with his breath caught in his throat and anxiety filling him up, Jongin waits for her to open. He hopes with all of his mind that she will open, despite seeing it’s him. It’s his last chance for redemption.

Thin steps echo from the other side of the door. After a moment of uncertainty, the front door opens, revealing the fragile-looking woman. She’s a mess, and the weakest he’s ever seen her. Taehee stands behind the door, having it as a sort of barrier between her and that man. She cannot allow herself in the open, not when she’s all alone. Especially not when she is carrying a baby...

And that guy, Jongin, he’s dangerous. He must be feeling vengeful right now, about to demand her to have an abortion. But Taehee will not…

“Why are you here?!” She questions with caution, not to give away her panicked self.

Jongin doesn’t know how to react. Why is he there anyway?

“Taehee, how are you?” It's a stupid question to ask. He’s aware of it too.

The awkwardness hangs in the air.

She’s on the verge of crying. Is he there to make fun of her?

“Why do you care?!” She spits it out into his face, letting out the rage she’s carefully kept inside.

Jongin steps a step backwards. Her sudden outburst has shocked him. But her thin, shaky frame is far from being intimidating.

“Taehee, let’s have a talk.” He suggests with composure.

“No! You want to murder my baby!” She cries out. As she tries to shut the door, despair poisons her mind.

But the man reacts fasterand grabs hold of the door. He swings it open and in a swift movement, cages her thin wrists with his calloused hands. Jongin forces Taehee back against her wall, without nurturing thoughts of setting her free. He reads panic in her eyes, and he’s sorry. But he cannot take the risk of her slipping away.

“Taehee, listen to me,” he pleads, trying to knock some sense into her. “I won’t –”

But just as he’s about to say it aloud, her body trembles and her eyes lose focus. She loses consciousness and her body heaving against his.

“Taehee?” He calls out, holding onto her for dear life.

Jongin is torn between being shocked that she is so light, and acting fast. Breaking out from his reverie, he lifts her in his arms and searches for her apartment’s key. After locking up, he runs to th

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter