Leaving

My Boss’s Son Is My Housemate?!
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter
CHAPTER 24. Leaving

 

“T-Tiff?”

“Unnie… is it t-true?”

“Tiff… I... well… Aigoo~~ I think it’s better if you talk to Taeng about this... I’m sorry, Tiff… I need to go now…”

 

Hyoyeon ended the call as she didn’t know how to explain it to her since she just learned the news a few hours ago from one of her friends that happens to be working in Broadway too, and Tiffany was utterly surprised about what she heard. Taeyeon had never told her anything about going back to New York and her heart aches with the thought of him leaving without even telling her. Unconsciously, a lone tear fell down on her face and she quickly wiped it and put Taeyeon’s phone back to its place when she saw him walking back to their table.

 

“Hyo unnie called…” Tiffany voiced out as soon as Taeyeon sat on the chair across her and she started to blankly play with the remaining food on her plate.

“Oh, why did she call?” he innocently asked before gesturing the waiter to serve their desserts, oblivious of the gloomy expression of the girl across him.

 

There were a few moments of silence between them before Tiffany composed herself and looked straight at Taeyeon’s eyes as she answered him.

 

“She’s asking why you didn’t tell her about accepting the Broadway offer.”

 

She bit the inside of her lower lip as she tried not to be overwhelmed by her emotions. She didn’t break her eye contact with him even though she felt like her heart is being stabbed and she just wanted to cry to atleast ease the pain. A lot of thoughts rushed through her mind and the atmosphere became heavy between her and Taeyeon as the guy was utterly surprised.

 

Taeyeon opened his mouth to explain but the waiter came in and politely served them their ice creams. He forced a smile to the staff but his attention went back to Tiffany when the girl suddenly stood up, grabbing her purse as she headed towards the exit of the restaurant.

 

“Fany-ah!” he called but Tiffany just continued heading out of the place. He then quickly pulled out some cash and gave it to the waiter without caring if he gave too much as he grabbed his phone and ran after the obviously upset girl.

 

‘Aish! Kim Taeyeon, you should’ve told her earlier. Stupid!’

 

Tiffany couldn’t take it anymore. She couldn’t understand why Taeyeon decided to go back to New York, why he didn’t tell her about the Broadway offer, and most of all, why he’s leaving her. It hurts her. She felt like Taeyeon lied to her and above all, she felt nothing to him.

 

“Fany-ah!”

 

“Fany-ah, wait!”

 

“Princess, wait! Let me exp---“ Taeyeon grabbed her wrist and turned her around to ask her what’s wrong but he was slapped across his face by the girl, utterly shocking him as he loosen his grasp on her wrist.

 

“Why? Why didn’t you tell me about it? Why didn’t you tell me that you’re leaving?! Am I not that important to you and you keept it from me, huh?!” Tiffany exclaimed as she started to cry and hit him on his chest. They’re already outside the restaurant and she didn’t care if they’re in a public place. Her heart hurts and she couldn’t care less on what other people would say about her for breaking down in public.

 

“Fany-ah… it’s not like that…” he cooed, ignoring the stinging pain on his left cheek as he tried to pull the girl in his arms.

 

Tiffany tried to push him away but he is stronger than her. He hugged her tightly while she struggled in his embrace and constantly hit him on the chest. He closed his eyes and hushed her to calm down, ignoring the snooping look from the people passing them by.

 

“I’m sorry, baby… I’m sorry if I didn’t tell you about this sooner…” he softly said when Tiffany finally surrendered from struggling in his arms and just nuzzled her face on his neck as she hugged him tightly, still crying her heart out.

 

“I thought you love me…” she mumbled, clenching on his shirt tightly like she doesn’t want to let him go.

“I do. I really do love you, princess.” Taeyeon quickly answered, her back.

“But why are you leaving me, Tae? Why didn’t you tell me? I don’t understand, why?!” she hastily pulled away from the hug and stepped back as she stared at him with full of sadness and pain in her eyes.

 

Taeyeon stepped forward to hold her but the girl took another step backwards, still looking straight into his eyes as she let her tears to freely fall down on her face.

 

“Yes, I am going back to New York because of an offer that I really couldn’t say no to and I’m really sorry for not telling you about this earlier… I… had no chance of telling you about it and… I kinda forgot about it too…” he trailed off as he hangs his head low, feeling intimidated by the way Tiffany looks at him with anger, sadness, and pain in her eyes.

 

There’s a brief silence between them and Tiffany just silently cried while still staring at Taeyeon. She wants to tell him ‘Don’t go. Don’t leave me. I love you.’ but nothing is coming out of but her gasps from crying.

 

“But if you don’t want me to go… I won’t go, Fany-ah…” Taeyeon softly said as he lifted his head up and looked straight into her eyes with full of sincerity. He tried to step forward again and this time, Tiffany didn’t step back and he held both her hands as the girl seems to be surprised with what he said.

 

Taeyeon patiently waited for her answer without looking away from her. The Broadway offer that he accepted right after when they broke up is a big break for him for his comeback in the stage but Tiffany is more important than anything else for him. He didn’t really intend to hide it from the girl but something always get in the way when he’s about to tell her about it and as time passes by, he already forgot about it as he was caught up in his own world with the girl.

 

“I’m not your girlfriend so why would you do that for me? Don’t act like you’re my boyfriend.” Tiffany coldly stated, surprising Taeyeon and herself. She wanted to take her words back but it’s already too late as Taeyeon’s eyes already tell her that he’s hurt of her words.

 

Her words directly stabbed the guy on his heart. Slowly, he let go of Tiffany’s hands and looked away as he pursed his lips, not trusting any word that might escape from his mouth.

 

‘Taetae… I’m sorry… I… I didn’t mean to say it…’

 

“It’s late… let me drive you home…” Taeyeon softly said after a few moments of silence, avoiding her eyes. He is clearly hurt by what she said but there’s nothing he could do since it’s true, afterall.

 

==================================================================================================================

 

The drive towards the penthouse was in complete silence. Tiffany kept on stealing glances at Taeyeon and she mentally cursed herself for what she said earlier. The atmosphere between them is heavy and she thought that Taeyeon would just drop her at the entrance of the apartment building but she smiled a little and felt lighter when he walked her until the penthouse.

 

“The contract is for about a year… I’ll be leaving a week after the fall semester ends…” Taeyeon said, stopping Tiffany from walking further inside the apartment.

“I’m really sorry, Fany-ah… please don’t think that you’re not important to me.... I’ll go now… good night.” he continued as he stepped closer behind her. He wanted to hug her but chose not to. He silently hoped that Tiffany would turn around and ask him not to leave, or atleast yell at him to know that she really doesn’t want him to go but the girl just stayed unmoved on her spot.

“I love you…” he softly mumbles as he stared at the back of Tiffany, smiling bitterly before he left the girl in the penthouse.

 

Tiffany dropped herself on the couch in the living room and cried her heart out again. She cursed herself for not saying or doing anything as mixed emotions overwhelmed her. She’s hurt, mad, sad, guilty, and frustrated mainly because of her stubborn self. She continued to cry until she fell asleep, mumbling ‘I’m sorry’ and ‘I love you, Taetae’ while hugging the cushion tightly.

 

==================================================================================================================

 

Days have passed and Yuri, Sooyoung, and Taeyeon were busy again in the University as the fall semester is ending. Everyone already knew that he’s leaving, earning smacks and naggings from his friends, especially from Jessica and Krystal. They couldn’t believe that Taeyeon is still being stupid but somehow, they understood him for making such a decision as it was indeed a rare and big opportunity for him.

 

It has also been days that Tiffany hasn’t contacted him and he knows that the girl is still mad at him. He already tried to visit her on her office but the girl wouldn’t face him and Nicole told him that she needed some time and space to think things through. Though it hurts him, he understood her and just let her be as he doesn’t want to make her to be more mad at him.

 

“Taengoo~~~ Aigoo!~~ it felt like I haven’t seen you for years! I miss you!~” Sunny dramatically exclaimed as she hugged Taeyeon like she really didn’t see him for years.

“Soonkyu-ah~ we just met a week ago…” Taeyeon chuckled as he returned the hug and kissed her on the cheek.

 

It’s weekend and the fall semester finally ended, giving Yuri and Sooyoung a reason to invite their friends to go to the club. Yuri, Jessica, Sooyoung, and Sunny were already in their usual lounge in the club that’s owned by Seohyun and Taeyeon just arrived since he dropped Victoria off the airport first as their celebrity friend has a photoshoot overseas. Taeyeon then went to greet his three other friends before sitting on the couch, obviously looking for a certain girl that he missed.

 

“She’s on her way with Nicole.” Jessica spoke loud enough against the music, smirking at him as she just answered the question in his mind.

 

Taeyeon timidly smiled at her and not long after, a familiar girl approached their table with a huge bottle of expensive liquor in her hand.

 

“Mind if you’ll be the first one to taste this newly imported drink?” Seohyun asked with an innocent smile on her face as she placed the 40-Year-Old malt Scotch whisky on their table, making Sunny, Yuri and Sooyoung grinned. Jessica just rolled her eyes at the three drunkards and Taeyeon just giggled at them.

 

Though Jessica wouldn’t consider the socialite as a friend yet, she is being civilized to her as the girl has been nice to them and all of them see no harm of being casual with her. Besides, Seohyun already has a boyfriend after giving up from getting Taeyeon’s attention since the guy only have her eyes on Tiffany.

 

“Hey, Min told me that you accepted the offer in Broadway…” Seohyun started the conversation with Taeyeon as they invited her to hang with them for a moment before she disappeared back to her office on the second floor of the club. Min, her bestfriend and also one of Hyoyeon’s friends, told her about the news sinc

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter