MY SWEETEST DANCE

MY SWEETEST DANCE

 

Everyone is having fun. I can see some who are enjoying the sweet, romantic love songs. I can see some who preferred to take foot rest and sit. I can also see some chit-chatting with their friends I can witness them all here from the stage.

                Jessica, Tae Yeon, Sunny and Tiffany invited me to capture pictures to serve as remembrance for this sought-after night. A night of elegant gowns and dresses. A night of sweet dances. A night of heart-felt experiences. In short, a night to be cherished.

                Camera flashes strike my sight and as I place my vision on the other side of the stage, I can distinguish a recognizable semblance walking straight to where me and my friends were busy performing our usual stuffs.

                “Here.” That man named Eli, a close friend of mine, stated as he, I think, offered 2 red roses, 2 white roses and 1 orange rose in front of me. ‘Is he giving me all these roses or what? Well, maybe he bought these flowers for the five of us!’

                “Thanks.” I chose the red rose. ‘I have already chosen one, so why is he stationary holding those flowers in front of me?’ I queried myself while smiling back at him.

                “Take all of these.” He answered my confusion. “Huh! You sure?” taking all the flowers and leave with bewilderment.

                “I think, he likes you.” Tae Yeon buzzed. I smiled. ‘I can sense that too. Me and Eli became close friends for almost a year. We had this friendship begun when he eventually turned out to be my seatmate. At times, I could take to heart that he is probably falling for me. But … we are friends and a friend will always be a friend.’

                “ Are you not going to invite me to dance with you?” unknowingly, Eli followed me . he got his head rested on my shoulder. “Are you joking? Boys almost form a queue just to have a dance with me .. and you? You’re asking me such funny question?” I giggled pinching his cheeks.

                “Gyu Ri, can I have a dance with you?” someone cut our gewgaw.

                My focus was with my dance partner and as my eyes wandered searching for Eli, I haven’t seen him from where I left him. Subsequently, someone from nowhere pulled me out. He wrapped his arms around my waist. I behold on his face and figured out that it was someone I used to know. I hit his chest as hard as I could as if trying to escape from his zone.

                “Don’t you miss me?” he whispered. “… cause I … I’m missing you so bad.” He finished his communiqué divulging his feelings.

                He pulled my body near him and swathe me with his embrace which is used to comfort me. The next thing I know, tears came rolling by my face. My arms that first walloped him are now fondling him. We not need to utter any words. Our tears reflect all the emotions we have.

That was a five-minute silence between us. The song ended. He bid his farewell by kissing my cheek. That guy who formerly goes wherever I go left me out of the blue. I was left behind with tears. I tried to wipe those tears but another set of tears just came flowing. I noticed those eyes nailed on me. My foot started to take few steps to run away. A step, and another and followed by another. I was trying to get out from that den of pain when someone held my hand so tight and pulled me out from those discerning eyes. His right arm surrounded my waist and his left arm enclosed my body thereafter. I broke down heeding Eli.

“You’re crying again… crying again coz of him…” he paused and brushed my hair. “This is why I’m afraid to confess my true feelings for you. This is why every time I feel like admitting it, I hesitate to do so. I know you still have feelings for him. Your tears proved it. And that’s what hurt me the most… When will you halt crying?” a hug from him made my body come so close to him. My head settled on his right cheek.

I don’t know what to say. That moment made me confused. The baby boy I used to know had just turned into a very genuine, romantic man. That moment also made me confused with regards to my feelings toward him. I don’t want to fall for a friend… coz a friend will always be a friend. However, his warm caress debackled my firm ideology. My mind had come out with this notion … ‘ AM I FALLING FOR HIM TOO?’ I know from deep within that Eli has a very special space in my heart since then I was just ignoring it coz of my ideology. Bewilderment was showered on me.

I melted. I can’t construe my emotions. All I know is that, Eli eased the discomfort I had felt through our dance which surprisingly turned out to be my last dance in that noteworthy and unforgettable night. A dance that pinched my heart deep within. A dance which taught me that a friend can give me and lead me to the sweetest dance I’ll ever have.