Just Onew's Luck

Lucifer's Butterfly

It was a week later. She found another something slipped under her door.

 

“Sorry to bother you.

I’m going to spend a few days here. I know it’s not in the schedule.

I got H1N1. No. Really, I did. -_-;

I didn’t know I could even get it.

Don’t worry! I’m going to stay in my room so I don’t think you’ll catch it.

Just in case though, please wash your hands after touching this note… :$

Please stay healthy! Fighting! ^.^

<3 Jinki oppa “

 

As she read over the note, a little bit of worry crept into her mind, but it wasn’t big enough for her to be aware of it.
-----
Onew felt like he was dying. Was this karma? All the bad things he had done in his life must have finally caught up with him. The love of his life had post traumatic stress, he hadn’t seen her in exactly sixteen days, two hours, five minutes, and twenty-seven seconds, and now he was bedridden with swine flu of all things!

You would think someone of his bloodline wouldn’t be affected with such an illness. He didn’t know when it had even crept up on him. Jonghyun was just reported to have recovered from his false affliction, and he had finally rejoined the others at the SHINee dorm. Just hours later, Jonghyun had walked into the room and sensed that their leader had a mild fever. Both guys had thought little of it, believing lack of a good night’s rest was the cause. However, a little while later, Taemin returned from his schedule and mentioned Onew having a slightly different scent, one of weakness. The deciding factor for Onew to actually go get checked at a hospital occurred when their manager hyung came in and said so eloquently, “Jinki-ah, you look like crap. Are you feeling okay? Yah! You’re burning up!”

And so the manager forced all of SHINee into the van and drove them to the hospital. The manager wasn’t taking any chances with Jinki since Jonghyun (supposedly) contracted swine flu just a week prior. Of course, Jinki saw his normal doctor because they didn’t want people to fawn over them. And also, Jinki’s regular doctor knew of any abnormalities that Jinki would have compared to most people, the doctor being of the supernatural species. His doctor gave his patient the oddest look when he announced (in a surprised and questioning tone), “You have H1N1?” The manager shook his head and called the company and the news stations to announce Jinki’s condition while all the SHINee members stared between the doctor and Onew with mouths agape. Of course, this caused the remaining SHINee members to be tested also, something they weren’t too happy about. But, whatever, if Jinki could get it, who knows right?

So their manager dropped Jinki off at his parent’s house. It was a nice middle class family house. A good sized home and cozy looking. His mother thanked the manager for taking care of her son, but as soon as the door closed behind him, the woman turned to Jinki, ready to scold him for lying about swine flu to get out of work, thinking he ordered the doctor to lie about such a diagnosis or something. But upon seeing Jinki’s dulled over eyes, slightly flushed features, and feeling his heated forehead, she sent him to his room to rest while she prepared some soup and herbal remedies for him.

Jinki stayed at home for the weekend and managed to gather enough strength to watch s perform on T.V. He winced at hearing Jonghyun’s voice crack a couple of times. If he didn’t know any better, he would have thought Jonghyun really did have swine flu. And passed it on to him. What was Jonghyun doing all week for his voice to be so raspy? Jinki sighed. At least Leeteuk-hyung was doing a good job filling in his spot. Leeteuk was one of his favorite sunbaes.

Much to his mother’s chagrin, Jinki couldn’t rest comfortably at home. Jinki loved his mother but her fussing over him while he tried to block out the fangirl screams outside was just so troublesome. So, while his mother was managing the meat shop, Jinki mustered enough energy to slip away from the property and took a jeep back to the mansion. In hindsight, that probably wasn’t such a good idea. The boy had almost taken the vehicle straight off a cliff when a wave of dizziness clouded his vision. His mom wasn’t going to let him off easy when he returned either. Hopefully, the nice note he left would make his punishment mildly less painful. He breathed in the fresh air and took in the sounds of nature. After walking through the door, he remembered who else lived in the house and felt a little sick thinking about their relationship. Or, that could be just the chicken nuggets he just had to have before leaving the house. They were churning uncomfortably in his stomach right now. Heading for his room, he intended to just sleep the week away. Passing by her door, he thought it might be good to leave her a note as to not frighten her.

-----

She looked in the fridge and saw a plastic container with a piece of masking tape on it for a label. “Onew’s – Caution! Do Not Eat!” with a frowny face with crosses for eyes was written on it. The girl briefly imagined the container of leftovers containing a poisonous concoction used to kill people before banishing those thoughts from her mind. The poorly drawn face on the label ruined those dark thoughts. Well, that was for the better anyway. She retrieved some ingredients from the fridge to cook up a quick meal for herself.

As she cleaned up after herself, she put her stuff in the sink and started washing her plate along with the bowls and cups that were already there. She mind as well do them too since she didn’t like wasting water. She almost forgot how much of a peace-loving and environmentally friendly person she was before her…predicament. She looked at a small bowl of the food, leftovers of what she just made. It wouldn’t taste as good later, but she was too full to eat the rest. Why had she made too much? ‘Such a waste,’ she thought as she picked up the bowl and walked towards the trash bin.

-----

He felt nauseous and forced his achy body to get up to go to the bathroom even though he had hardly eaten anything at all. Nothing he put in his mouth would stay in his body for more than a few minutes. He opened the door and stumbled over something that was left in front of his door. It took all of his weakened demon skills to not step in and/or knock over the bowl. He turned around and stared at the foreign object for at least a whole minute. Even though his stomach was weak, he picked up the small bowl of rice porridge that was just a few degrees over room temperature. It was too small of a portion to be especially made just for him. It looked more like a leftover. He turned his head to look down the hallway in the direction of her room. Forgetting about his illness, he swallowed a small spoonful. The food stayed down, and Jinki smiled for the first time since contracting his sickness.

---------

THEA's Corner <3

My hard drive completely just burned out. There goes everything...Luckily, I had this story saved on my usb flash drive.
Well, here's the extremely late chapter. It's not as great as I wanted it to be, but that could just be because I'm in a bad mood due to my computer dying on me.
YAY! Key's hair has grown back!!!!! THANK YOU! Their "Hello" performance is so cute. I wasn't feeling the song at first, but it grew on me and their adorable-ness reeled me in.


Posted: 06 October 2010
Approx. 2 pages