The Option of Freedom That Never Became An Option

Lucifer's Butterfly

“If she loves us back, can we keep her?” Minho brushed her hair with his fingers. Her breathing was slow in her unconscious state. She felt a little warm, maybe because of the stress, so Minho held her at a comfortable temperature.

Onew was sitting with arms crossed in a chair. He turned his head away from the view of the window and looked at the pair sitting upright on the bed.

“She’s going to hate us…,” Taemin looked saddened as he rested his head on her lap.

“What if she doesn’t though? She has always been understanding,” hoped Jonghyun.

Onew resumed staring out the window silently. He was deep in thought, it seemed. Or maybe he wasn’t thinking at all. Maybe he didn’t want to think about it, losing her from his life. So, maybe he was keeping his mind blank.

Key skipped to the next song on his mp3 player. “I kind of hope she doesn’t say “I love you”. I wouldn’t be able to let her go.”

Taemin agreed, “Right now, it would hurt. A lot. But I’d still give her up if she really didn’t want to spend time with us anymore. But if she loved us back…” His gaze turned distant. “There’s no way I would ever let her out of my grasp.”

“She is so weak, fainting like that.” Minho thought out loud. It made him want to protect her even more.

“Don’t forget. She’s been traumatized recently. We probably increased it tenfold,” Key sighed. “What to do…?" 'What to do…?'

“You’re the leader. What do we do?” Minho asked Onew. All the younger guys looked to the eldest.

Jinki came out of his stupor. “…If she never wants to see us again after she wakes up, we’ll take her home and leave her alone.” All five guys looked a little depressed at the thought of it. Jinki stared at her for a little bit. “…But…if someone can get her to say ‘I love you,’ we won’t be leaving her alone.” He felt a little bit bad at tying her to them, figuratively that is, but, hey, they were demons by blood and soul. These beings were traditionally possessive. Sure, they were of the more humanized, liberal generation, but custom and instinct were hard to overcome. If they were born into one of the older generations, the girl would have already been chained and locked up by them to play with long ago. Also, they would have never even thought of giving her the smallest chance of refusing them.

The other four guys had their hopes raised just slightly. However, most of them were not confident that they would be talking to her after today judging by her reaction earlier. Taemin, on the other hand, the wheels in his head were already turning. He inwardly grinned before using the girl’s arm as a pillow and closing his eyes to have sweet dreams. He was almost certain that she would never leave him.

Minho cuddled up against her warm body. She gave him a different kind of warmth that he appreciated. Jonghyun used her other forearm as a pillow and rested his eyes. He didn’t think he’d fall asleep but being near her when she looked calm and relaxed made him cool and calm too. He drifted off.

Kibum lifted his lip in scowling distaste. “Why am I again gipped at the sleeping arrangements? Yah! My son, move!” He kicked Taemin lightly but Taemin just gave a puppy-like growl without even opening his eyes. Kibum sighed. Why was Taemin so adorable? Dammit.
--------

THEA's Corner <3

Well, if you didn't already have an inkling, option B won out. Votes are closed. It didn't really matter to me what won. I could have worked it out both ways.
I will probably start working more and more demon "culture" into this. Nothing major. I'm not creating a whole story on the intricates of fictional demonic society but yeah.

--------

Posted: 2010 Jan. 25 (Winglin)
Posted: 2010 July 19 (Asianfanfics)
Approx. barely over 1 page out of 45