Almost Had You Back

Stuck With Miss Despicable
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

 

 


Tiffany's day would have been fine when things started to go well between her and SooYoung and her wonderful wife even sent and fetched her to and from her work. She had never been happier for the last five years of her messed-up life and so she should be celebrating by now.


If it hadn't been for the anxiety that got the better of her the time the guard told them Jessica's inside their villa waiting for her. And her soul died a little the moment she saw her bestfriend standing in the middle of the house, appearing to be so shaken as ever.




Nothing can be heard on the four corners of the living area as the three were stuck in an agonizing and incredibly awkward silence. No one dared to start the conversation while Jessica just stared intently at the two like she's waiting for either one of them to speak up. But all she got was a guilty-looking Tiffany who had her head stooped so low and a seemingly unfazed SooYoung. She then decided to start and finish it off all at once.


"What now, Tiffany? This ain't the time for you to be this quiet," Jessica remarked in a sharp tone for she doesn't like her bestfriend's demeanor as if the girl's not planning on saying anything.


But Tiffany gathered the tiny bits of courage she ever had in her life as she stared back straight at Jessica's eyes and said the words she's been dreading to spill in the long haul:


"I-I'm... I'm married to SooYoung... for eight months now, Jessica."


Married.


SooYoung.


Eight months...


As the words registered in her, all Jessica managed to do was set her eyes on the floor. How come they didn't notice? How come she didn't have the slightest hint that her bestfriend was already freaking married all this time? She suddenly felt a tinge of pain in the corner of her heart.


While her life was being an open book to Tiffany, the girl in turn was hiding everything from her. The hell was that? Isn't she accountable? They promised since they were kids that there'll be no secrets between them. But then again, her bestfriend failed to uphold to that promise. Didn't Tiffany trust her enough? Call her overreacting or whatsoever but she's not. She entrusted Tiffany every single thing about her life and Tiffany's the last person she's expecting to hide this kind of matter to her. And a very important matter that is.


"Eight months..." the blonde muttered as she lifted her gaze, "Wow. You've been able to hide this for that long. Just wow, Tiffany. Should I do a standing ovation for you? Nice, bestfriend." she added scornfully that she too was taken aback at the harshness of her tone.


That second, Tiffany's eyes were already pooling with hot tears as remorse seeped from her veins. She couldn't recognize the voice her bestfriend was using and it scared the hell out of her. She had never seen this Jessica before and the look of disappointment and betrayal on the girl's face made her cry even more as she tried to voice out bits of what took place months ago.



[Flashback]


It was 2 a.m. when Tiffany landed in Las Vegas, Nevada from San Francisco but her father was already ordering her, as early as six, to go to a certain place where they would meet their new business associates. That's the mere reason why she's in Vegas to begin with but she had a bad feeling that something unexpected might happen.


"Daddy, do I really need to go this early to that place? And what has this got to do with that Judge you're talking about?" she asked on the line.


"Some serious matters just need to be settled right away, Steph. Ah, by the way, you don't have to wear a formal suit. A simple elegant dress will do."


"Oh, why a dress? I thought it's a formal business talk."


"They require a dress, honey." her dad replied jokingly.


Tiffany then chuckled at her dad's antics, "Well, dress it is. I bet there's color coding, too?" she returned.


"Minutely exact, my daughter. White is the theme. So you should be wearing that."


"White? Isn't that so--"


"Time is running, Steph. You should be ready by now. Wear white, okay? I'll see you there." then her dad hung up.


'what's with the white dress?'


---


"Mom? Junho? What are you doing here?" Tiffany asked, totally dumbfounded to see the two in the same place her dad instructed her to go.


Her mom smiled brightly at her, but her brother just kept a steady face, "Why, I'm not allowed to witness my baby's special day? Oh, you look stunning, Tiffany."


"Thanks Mom, but what are you talking about? You didn't answer my question. Why are you two here? Oppa?" she asked once more, turning to her brother for an answer.


"Once we got inside, you'll see." he just replied.


---


On the other side, SooYoung knew very well that her father was going to marry her off with a business partner's daughter on this very day. And she's not even against it. Since the day that Tiffany broke her, her life lost its direction so she let people control it because she can do it for herself. Now, she doesn't give a for she feels nothing at all. Not even a who the girl is and all she wanted was to have the wedding done immediately so she can take the rest that she needed.


Her modelling career just ended a month ago when her dad's lawyers have her contract terminated for her to take over of their own company. Victoria's Secret really wanted to keep her but her father made all the negotiations needed for her to get away from her obligations. 


And that was it, she's not a VS Angel anymore. All her hardwork for years had been gone in a flash. It's deplorable how things come and go. One time, they happen. And the next thing people knew, they've lost those things off of their hands that even if they tried, they just can't do anything about it. Perhaps sad, but indeed true.


Now, she's inside of this large hall where a judge would be officiating the said wedding. She's with her parents and her sister while they're waiting for her bride-to-be and the girl's immediate family.


---


Tiffany, Junho and their parents were waiting for the door to open when her dad spoke with the most unforeseen words,


"You're marrying someone now, Stephanie."


She looked up at him brusquely and saw the seriousness and authority in his features.


It can't be.


"You can never be serious, Dad!" Tiffany exclaimed incredulously as she took a couple of steps backwards but her mom held onto her.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter