Halfway There

Stuck With Miss Despicable
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

 

 


"What is it that you wanna tell us, Jessi?" HyoYeon started off sleepily as the five friends gathered on the living room of Jessica's unit.

It was already past 12:00 a.m. but the blonde can't wait to tell her friends about what happened.

After YoonA drove her home, leaving her own car on the parking lot, Jessica immediately bombarded her friends with calls and invited them over despite them protesting. Even Tiffany, who's been out of shape, can do nothing but drive over because of her bestfriend's persistence.

It's all because, Jessica felt like she would go crazy if she wouldn't share her feels to anyone. In fact, she was all squealing since the moment YoonA left her place up to the time her friends came.



Jessica bit her lower lip bashfully as she fiddled on the throw pillow, "Uhm.. actually, it's about... Y-YoonA and I."

Tiffany cocked an eyebrow, "What about you two? Did you kiss YoonA again and she kissed back but stupidly, you ran away? Same old, Jessi."

Jessica huffed and pouted at it, "Yah Tiff~ it's not that." she then looked down shyly, "I-It's more than that..."

The dork next to her gasped dramatically and held on to her shoulders, shaking them lightly, "Heol~Jessi! You finally did it with YoonA?! Eomeo..." the dork then feigned to wipe her invisible tears away, "God can tell how I'm so proud of you. And YoonA's so lucky she's your first. You just don't--"

Even before TaeYeon could finish her emotional speech, a knuckle was already glued to her head. 

"You ! What are you talking about?" well, no one can control SoonKyu's sadistic nature towards TaeYeon.

"What, Bunny?! Jessi said it's more than kissing. And what's more than kissing? Isn't it se--"

The words were left hanging because if Sunny's already a violent one, Jessica's way worse than her. The blonde smashed the throw pillow onto TaeYeon's face to shut the girl off. The byuntae pouted and sulkily clung onto Tiffany like a panda.

"You guys are bullying me. I'll report you to the police once I get outta here." that was TaeYeon with her face red from the beating.

Jessica felt guilty at what she did so she forcibly hugged the sulking girl, "Sorry, Taengoo. You know you should stop your ersion so you won't get from us anymore."

TaeYeon nodded like a pup and cowered on the corner, away from danger.

"So, what were you saying, Jessi?" Sunny asked, keeping the conversation on track.

The blonde grinned sheepishly as she rubbed her nape. Actually, the grin was creeping her friends out. Well, she just can't help it and no one can blame her.

Im YoonA's already hers, after all.

She then breathed in and out.

"Uhm.. Me and YoonA.. we're together now."



The fantastic four was flabbergasted as they gaped at Jessica for seconds.

"Kyaaaaaahhhh!! Since when?!" Tiffany squealed excitedly as she was the first to recover.

"Details! Details!" the rest cheered dorkily.

Jessica, with her face blushing the whole time, narrated what happened detail by detail, as what the girls wanted. The four were listening intently as they giggled at most parts. Sometimes, they would throw questions at Jessica, which the latter answered bashfully.

"Woah, you sure were desperate at that time, Jessi. Imagine, you're the one who asked YoonA that! Ah, I knew it. You two would eventually lead to this." HyoYeon commented as she chuckled, imagining her friend's face while asking YoonA.

"What? She's taking too long so I had to ask her. Besides, annoying flirts are always around waiting to pounce on her. I can't let that happen. You know, s-she's mine...from the very start."

Her friends chortled at her cuteness and possessiveness for it was a new side of Jessica they're seeing. Normally, she's not that serious with her relationships. Like what she said to YoonA, she never got jealous, and that's true. Jessica was never insecure with other girls and not once had she asked someone 'to be hers' in such manner.

But that was before she met YoonA. When she first laid her eyes on the doe-eyed girl, her life has never been the same again.



"That was sooo amusing, Jessi! Think of it. At first, you really hated every fiber of YoonA's being that you wanted her gone. But now, you asked her to be yours! How I wish we were there to see your face. That sure was daebak! You're the man!" TaeYeon mocked as she laughed her off, but that was after making sure she's away from Jessica.

"Stop it, TaeTae. Let's just be glad Jessi had some sense to confess to Yoon--" Tiffany paused when she realized something, her eyes then went wide, "Wait, did you even confess your feelings to YoonA? Were there "I love you's" at that moment? Did YoonA say it?"

Jessica froze and lost the blood on her face when she also realized what Tiffany was pointing out. She and YoonA never said anything about 'love' when they were having their moments. They were just too lost in each other's eyes.

After YoonA said that one last statement, the girl immediately offered to drive her home since it was getting late. It never crossed her mind again to even say those three words.



Jessica then nervously bit on her nails, "A-Actually, n-no. We didn't--"

"Holy!" HyoYeon exclaimed, "Are you sure she's the one? Then why didn't you say it if that's what you feel for her in the first place? That was confession time, girl."

"I-I forgot, okay! I was too engrossed in the moment that it just slipped my mind."

"You sure YoonA has it? Y-You know, the same feelings as yours." TaeYeon asked with uncertainty.

"Yah, Taeng! Of course, YoonA feels the same way to our Jessi. After all the cheesy words she said." Sunny butted in, trying to lighten the mood since Jessica was already having that sullen look.

"But I guess, it doesn't matter anymore. They can say it anytime they want now since they're already official and..." Tiffany paused again and smiled awkwardly, "W-Was it even official, Jessi? Oh, stupid me. Of course, it was. R-Right?"

"I-I guess it was. What does 'official' mean, anyway? She said I'll be hers and she will be mine. I-Isn't that official enough?" Jessica responded, she herself was unsure of it.

Well, after their conversation, she assumed the two of them are already together, as couple.

"Maybe for you it's already official, what about YoonA? Does she think the same way?" TaeYeon asked again innocently as the others threw her evil glares, save for the blonde who's hanging her head low as she was thinking.

"Tae, quit it, will you?" HyoYeon demanded as they worriedly checked on Jessica.

"Just ask YoonA tomorrow, Jessi. Do not worry too much. Okay? We all know she feels the same way. You saw it in her eyes, right?" Tiffany mused, consoling her bestfriend.

Jessica smiled warmly at them, "Yeah. And I know she does feel the same way as I do. I can feel it..."



The redhead was actually proud of Jessica for the latter had the courage to win YoonA. It's not just that. Jessica, at least, had the guts to tell her friends that she's in love and already committed.

The very same matter Tiffany's afraid to confess to them. Because she, she's nothing but a coward still hiding in her self-made shell.



***



Tiffany was preparing for work when she heard a faint knock on her door. Yes, she has a work, too. She's the Vice-President for Marketing of one of their company l

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter