The Cold Reality

Affection for an Android
Please log in to read the full chapter
Missing You - Teen Top http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0D2G21q02jg     ------------------------- Narrator’s P.O.V:     “He lost his memories?” CAP said incredulously.   Miyoung had managed to coax both Teen Top and L. Joe down as they sat, facing each other, in the living room. Her hand was lightly resting on Byunghun’s knee, as an indirect reminder to keep himself under control (and mostly to keep herself calm as well).   The black-haired beauty traded glances at Byunghun, as he stared at the leader and nodded hesitantly.   “So let me get this straight,” Changjo spoke up with a calculating expression, “The girl found you and took you in, and the next thing you knew, you were awake in her apartment, without any recollection of why you were there or who you were?”   Before Miyoung could open and make a sarcastic remark, Niel spoke for her.   “The girl has a name, Changjo,” he said casually and attempted to lightly hit his back, although she wouldn’t call that a ‘light’ hit at all.   “Sorry, sorry. Miyoung.” He rubbed his shoulder and winced, making it a point to stress her name.   Miyoung stared at Niel, who slyly grinned at her. She almost smiled back, despite herself. He didn’t seem as annoyingly rude as before, which was an improvement.   “If it wasn’t for Miyoung, I could have been spotted by another healer with resent towards evaders, or maybe even worse – I could have been captured by a chaser.” L. Joe murmured, “Miyoung saved my life.”   From the corner of his eye, Chunji scrutinized the way the android fondly looked at Miyoung as Miyoung lightly smiled back. He seemed to slowly understand and relax a little more, but still kept himself wary. *Oh, L. Joe. If only you knew.*   “Yes, I guess that is true,” CAP slowly spoke, his voice deeper than the rest, “We’re indebted to you for taking care of our teammate and not turning him into the officials.”   Miyoung found her heartbeat slowing to a steady pace. She didn’t smile, but her eyes were friendlier as she nodded once.   Meanwhile, Ricky kicked his feet back and forth, back and forth, drowning out all the adult talk. Even still, the back of his throat itched. He wasn’t lying before when he said he was parched.   His instinctive eyes darted towards a seemingly promising cup. He wasn’t one to share drinks, but right now, he was just really thirsty. He wanted to ask for a drink, but he knew better than to interrupt an important conversation such as this one.   Finally, he took the cup, and curiously took a long gulp.   “So our actual purpose of coming here was—“   “EWWWW!” Ricky spat, making everyone almost jump out of their skin. “YUCK! WHAT THE HECK IS THAT?! UGH!”   “HOLY—What’s your problem?!” Niel yelped, shooting the visual maknae a dirty look for scaring him. Silently, everyone else was thinking along the same lines.   “I drank this… this horrible thing and it tasted so yucky and I—AHH!” Ricky squealed, sticking out his tongue and wagging it with his hands, “AHHH!”   “What the hell is this beverage?” Changjo took the drink from Ricky’s hands and interestedly peered at it, “Is this some sort of torture mechanism?”   “DON’T DWINK IT!” Ricky practically screamed, “ITH STHPITHY!”   “It’s what?” Chunji gave him an odd look.   “STHPITHY!”   “I have a feeling he’s saying it’s spicy, Chunji,” CAP voiced inquisitively.   “PUHAHAHA!” Niel couldn’t stop laughing at Ricky’s misfortune.   Byunghun’s eyes darted to the cup and he grew defensive, “HEY! That’s Miyoung’s and my hot chocolate! Give it!”   “Is that what they call this torture device? Hot chocolate?” Changjo furrowed his eyebrows, “No offense, it doesn’t sound very evil to me.”   “HELP ME!” Ricky squawked, “MY NOSE IS BURNING UP TOO!”   Niel was now howling with laughter.   *Oh my.* Miyoung gawped at the situation as L. Joe smugly smirked at Ricky. *Ha. That’s what you get for not having manners!*   “PLEASE!” Ricky suddenly grabbed Miyoung’s arm, eyes tearing up, “HELP ME!”
Please log in to read the full chapter