Mind Games

One Shot
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chapter One: Mind Games

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Daehyun raised his eyes and glanced up at their gang-leader, twirling a knife around his fingers. Their leader had been freaking out for hours because of Youngjae's disappearance. Everyone was trying to calm him down, to sit him down and make him take a breather. Yes, it was frantic moment but freaking out wouldn't solve anything. 

'Course, Daehyun was quiet when the news spread to him. He didn't know how to process the news, since he was very close to Youngjae. Although Youngjae was the member of the group that didn't do much, Daehyun supported him fully. When he found out Youngjae went missing, he couldn't help but feel angry. He felt pure rage. He knew what happened to Youngjae, knowing Youngjae was too dumb to run away because he couldn't defend himself. He was surely kidnapped. That was the only option running through Daehyun's fogged mind.

"You all need to silence." Daehyun snarled and suddenly, the whole room fell silent. Each member went still as a cement statue, staring at Daehyun with wide-eyes. Daehyun twirled the knife around his fingers and threw it at the wall, hitting a piece of paper tapped to the tacky wallpaper. Yongguk looked at the poster the knife hit and took the knife out, his dark eyes scanning the pictures on it.

"You think...the B2st did it?" Yongguk said slowly and glanced at Daehyun, who ws sending daggers to everything that moved.

"Of course." Daehyun said flatly as he shoved himself off of the desk, his feet making a soft thud sound."Who else would do it? They completely hate us. We hate them. Youngjae's one of the...weakest members in the gang." Daehyun croaked out, his voice a bit shaky. Jongup frowned and hesitantly put his hand on Daehyun's shoulder.

"I agree with Daehyun." He said and looked at Jongup. "Youngjae is very close to Daehyun and Yongguk. I think they would think it'd be a perfect target."

"But," Zelo said, laying out a map as his eyes scanned the locations and roads. "They would obviously demand something in return if we want Youngjae back."

"Guys!" Himchan shouted as he ran into the room, holding a small package in his hand. "We got a package! It's from B2st!" Daehyun's eyes widened and he snatched the package from Himchan's hands, tearing it quickly open and took out a disk.

"A disk?" Zelo said, furrowing his eyebrows in confusion. Yongguk walked over behind Zelo and held him in his arms from behind.

"It must have something on it. Daehyun, put it in my laptop." He said. Daehyun nodded, ignoring the urge to tear Zelo away from Yongguk, and put the disk into the high-tech laptop. Opening Windows Media Player, he let the video play. Daehyun's eyes darkened as he noticed a small, dark and poorly lit room with Youngjae tied up to a chair. He stared intensely as he watched the video.

"Oh no...You were right, Daehyun..." Zelo said softly and tears came into his eyes. Yongguk exclaimed a bit and hugged his boyfriend tightly. Daehyun put his hand on the desk and leaned forward a bit, watching two men come into the view and grab Youngjae by the hair and yank his head up. Youngjae was obviously beaten heavily; there were finger-like, purple bruises around his neck, and blood coming down from the corner from his lips. A dark bruise laid under his eye and he looked dirty, exhausted, and pitiful. Jongup's eyes studied Daehyun's intense expression, watching the anger spread through the older. He turned his head and glanced at Yongguk with a worried expression. Yongguk rolled his head back and let go of Zelo, rubbing the back of his neck. Daehyun growled as one of the men held up a sign that said 10, 000, 000 dollars on it and put it around Youngjae's neck. He slammed the laptop shut and stormed off.

"Dae!" Jongup exclaimed and got up, quickly going after Daehyun. "Daehyun!" He shouted and turned the boy around, hugging him tightly. "I'm so sorry..." He murmured against the others hair. Daehyun's body weakened and the anger suddenly vanished. Tears pooled into his eyes and he clung to the younger, crying into his shoulder. Jongup's frown deepened and he helt Daehyun tighter to him. Yongguk, Himchan, and Zelo jogged out to where they were. 

"Is he okay...?" Zelo asked softly and Jongup shook his head no. Daehyun buried his face into Jongup's shoulder, not wanting anyone to see his crying expression. Yongguk rubbed Daehyun's back and sighed deeply, glancing up at Himchan.

"Himchan, let's go figure out a plan. We need to save Youngjae immediately." He said. Himchan nodded and kissed Daehyun's head before following their leader into the living-room. Zelo sighed and looked at Daehyun hesitantly, backing up into his room. He turned around and shut the door silently behind him, his eyes staring at his ringing cellphone. Slowly, he walked up to it and picked up the phone, pressing it to his ear.

"Hello...?" He weakly spoke.

"Is it done? Did they receive the package?"

"Dongwoon..." Zelo said softly. He was the leader of B2st, the one who thought of the plan Zelo and his 'friend' knew about.

"Answer my question!"

"Yes, it's been done, sir! They received the package. Daehyun seems the most damaged."

"That's good. Daehyun seems effected the most, e

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter