Poisoned Melody (1/3)

Poisoned Melody

 

a rover in a dark night show

life is a hollow grave bloody ground

run from the sun stings burns

exchange with the moon kisses flow

once you tempted can’t go

 

 

 

They run hand in hand in a dark alley at a downtown with racing breaths. The male one looked back then stopped when he noticed there was no one who chased them anymore “It’s okay, Vicky. There’s no your father’s men following us”.

 

Victoria gasped repeatly, tried to catch her breath. She looked at the taller male with teary eyes “Kyu, please take me with you. I don’t want to marry with someone I don’t lo—“

 

“Shhhh….” He cut her words by attaching his finger to the female’s red lip then cupped her cheeks warmly “Calm down, sweety! I can’t risk your life being together with me by abandoning your family”

 

Victoria shook her head then hug the male in a tight embrace. Her tears flew crazily as the fear of losing her lover were too much “No, Kyuhyun please take me. I can’t leave without you”

 

Kyuhyun rubbed her back to comfort her and attached his cheek to her silky browny hair “Oh Vicky…., do you love me?” he whispered.

 

Victoria nodded “So much Kyu. As much as I can sacrifice my life to be together with you” She loosened her embrace and looked at him. The latter then caressed her cheek to wipe the remained tears gently “Thank you, Vicky” he said as they locked their gaze intensely then slowly closed the gap between them.

 

Victoria closed her eyes welcoming the heated kiss from her secret lover. She didn’t need anymore time to open and let their tounge were dancing passionately like there’s no tomorrow.

 

She let her lover removed her blazer. She didn’t care the cold air intruding her spines as he started nibbing her neck. She let out a louder with a sudden pleasure when he bit her. Her brown orbs rolled in ecstacy for a moment before a stinged pain pierced her skin deeply “Aaah Kyu…”.

 

She tightened her grip on Kyuhyun’s shoulder, tried to pushed the latter but failed. She heard a sound of the male the blood from her neck. Her head started to feel dizzy due to the sudden low blood pressure. She felt her body’s going numb in seconds until her lover freed her body to the wet ground.

 

Her eyesight became vague that she couldn’t see the man standing before her clearly. She tried to lift a hand but didn’t have any energy left. Just before everything became black around her, she managed to hear a whisper “Thanks for your endless love, Vicky…”

 

 

 

****

 

 

 

Kyuhyun stared at the lifeless body which laid in front of him with no expression as if the woman was never be in his life before. He wiped the remain blood on his lip with his thumb then it. All saids were true. The blood of a human in love was a way more delicious than regular blood. It’s sweet, densed, full of energy.

 

He could drink it for every once in a while because that kind of blood was not only delicious but also presented satiety to hold his hunger for almost a month. But drinking the blood from the woman who’s crazy in love with him had become a sort of addiction with no end.

 

He had adventured from one place to place in every period times. Been non stop seducing every young woman or sometimes man who were fallen over heels to him. He didn’t regret yet feel guilty because they’re all died in love.

 

For Kyuhyun, human were only a source for a life essence. Never he addressed a feeling for them even a bit. All his acts, the sweet talks, and the passionate kisses were fake. It’s just like a little play for him. He praised his kind as the strongest creature behind the thickness of the night realm. He didn’t know there were something else that could play beyond his might. Fate…

 

It’s all started when he passed a forest as a shortcut to the nearest city to meet his new lover. He heard a melodic sounds. It’s quite low, sometimes faintly heard by ordinary human but for Kyuhyun, he could hear it very clearly. It’s a sound from a harmonica.

 

It’s not like he liked that song yet tempted to know who’s the player but there’s something in that song that could him whole into it’s tiny pointed holes. For the first time he managed to ignore it and passed the forest successfully eventhough it’s quite hard to hold the urges for looking back. He did the same for the second too.

 

But for the third times, it’s not like he wanted to go to the forest purposely. He did choose the other way to reach the city but that song even riding the wind and echoing it’s sound so far to his castle. He couldn’t deny it anymore so he decided to take a peek.

 

He jumped against gravitation easily from one top branch of a tree to another trees towards a house at the edge side of the forest. That sounds came from the top floor.

 

When he jumped to the balcony, and saw a male sat on his bed playing a harmonica. He felt a sudden rising of his heartbeats. He didn’t know why. As far as he knew, vampires have a much slower pulse than normal humans. So it’s never nor almost impossible to feel like this.

 

He closed his eyes. That melodic sounds slowly intruded into his body through his spines, like penetrating his soul. He wasn't sure why it’s felt more tempting than the blood from the human in love which he favourited the most.

 

“Who are you?”

 

His eyes opened fastly as the song stopped, much like just awakened from a strange trance. He didn’t realized that the door was already opened as he stood face to face towards the player.

 

His body was smaller than him. Pale and slender. His eyes had a very dark orbs. Beautiful but empty in the same time. His nose is pointy, lip shaped M. His black hair fell nicely behind his ears. The room was dark. Even with only a help from the dimly moonlight, Kyuhyun could tell that this man beyond beautiful than all his previous victim.

 

“I ask you who are you? What are you doing here?” If he meant to be mad at him because sneaking in without permission, his voice was too delicate yet so weak.

 

“I… I heard the song you’re playing. So I came and jumped… here.” Kyuhyun never sweated but he wondered why he felt his lacked body fluids wanted to get out from his pores waiting the short male’s reaction.

 

The short male laughed, more like a small chuckles “You jumped here? Are you a fox?” There was something in his smiles that could make Kyuhyun forgot who they were to each other. He never got this tempted to kiss human’s lip before.

 

“What’s your name?”

 

“Kyuhyun”

 

He offered a hand “I am Lee Sungmin”

 

Kyuhyun took his hand. The moment their skin touched, he could feel some statics. He knew this kind of feeling. He experienced it way a long ago.  He knew this was against vampires rules to develop a feeling towards his victim. But this was beyond his control “Your song is beautiful”

 

Sungmin smiled “Thank you. Hyukkie gave me this harmonica so I won’t feel bored”

 

“Is Hyukkie your friend?”

 

After he asked that question, he noticed a faint blushed on the shorter male  as the latter nodded shyly “Yes. He’s my friend”. So he has a crush. He thought. For a moment, there’s a feeling of a disappointment from Kyuhyun.

 

“I have another song to play. Can you help me to choose which the best song I have to play at tomorrow prom night?”

 

Kyuhyun’s lip automatically curved a smile “Sure”

 

 

 

 

 

****

 

 

A day passed. This night Kyuhyun crossed the forest with an easy feeling because he planed to give his last dead kiss to his new girlfriend named Seohyun. But he immediately stopped midway when he heard a familiar harmonica’s sounds again.

 

He thought Sungmin had a prom night to go like he said yesterday. A sudden urge to come to his house was coming again. Kyuhyun didn’t know which one that made him so addicting toward something human like this, was it the song or the player.

 

Just like before, he jumped on to the balcony and once again the door wasn’t locked. Since they already knew to each other so he got in without a single knocked to surprise the shorter male.

 

The said male did look shocked and stopped his play immediately once he saw Kyuhyun. But there’s something different on his eyes as if they were a stranger to each other and hadn’t met before.

 

“Who are you?”

 

Kyuhyun eyes became wide, mouth nearly hung open with a sudden self surprise. It was just yesterday they met and talked comfortably to each other but now Sungmin didn’t recognize him. He knew human had weak memories, but he never knew there’s one with this weak.

 

“I ask you who are you? What are you doing here?” he said with the same words and the exact same tones as yesterday.

 

“I… I heard the song you’re playing. So I came and jumped… here” Kyuhyun repeated the words he said like yesterday.

Sungmin  let out some chuckles lightly “You jumped here? Are you a fox?” he said with the same gesture again.

 

Kyuhyun held his shoulder and pulled him closer “Are you playing a joke with me, Sungmin?”

 

Sungmin’s eyes widened and stared at him in confuse “How…how…do you know my name?”

 

Kyuhyun froze for a moment. He didn’t lie. He knew from Sungmin’s blood rhythm, there’s no hint of lie in Sungmin eyes.