Chapter 8.

Do You Wanna B? ‘Block B Club’.

“Arrghhhh!!” I groaned as I twisted and my bed. On my bed.

How did I get here?! I rubbed my temples to see if my awful headache would go away. I then realized that I don’t remember anything that had happened last night. From the moment I got drunk, my mind is blank. What did happen last night? I slowly got up into a sitting position and then groaned some more. My head is really killing me and my stomach is just churning. When I set my feet down on the floor, I stepped on something soft. I looked down and shrieked. The something soft was U-Kwon. He was sleeping soundly on my floor, using his arm as a pillow. He looked peaceful and was snoring softly.

What was he doing here in my bedroom though? I leaned closer and then prodded him on the arm. He didn’t even move. I then poked his cheeks repeatedly. His eyes opened halfway and then suddenly,

“Ahhhhhhhhh!” He screamed as he saw my face so close to his.

“Why are you screaming??” I screamed back at him.

“Why were you watching me sleep??” He said on top of his voice.

“I wasn’t, I was poking your cheeks!” I answered.

“Wae??” He asked in a confused tone. I looked at him in a weird way.

He shouldn’t be questioning me, I should be questioning him.

“Haven’t you noticed that you are in my bedroom?” I stated.

U-Kwon looked around and then his eyes widened. He suddenly became shaky and flustered. Seems like he remembers some stuff.

“Oppa why were you sleeping on my bedroom floor?” I asked him.

“You fainted last night and I carried you up here. I looked after you and I guess I just fell asleep on the floor…” He explained.

“I FAINTED?!” I gasped, covering my face in the process. Did I drink that much?! How embarrassing! I hope nothing else embarrassing happened.

“You don’t remember?” U-Kwon blinked. I shook my head at him.

“I don’t remember anything since the moment I got drunk.” I mumbled.

“Thank goodness.” He blew a sigh of relief.

“Mwuh?! What else happened last night??” My eyes bulged.

“Nothing! We just had a lot to drink… All of us.” U-Kwon gulped.

I got the feeling that he was hiding something from me.

“Come on let’s go see the damage downstairs…” He said as he offered his hand. I hesitated at first but I took it anyway in the end. When we passed Taeil’s bedroom, I saw that he was still sleeping on his bed. I also saw Minyoung sleeping in Minhyuk’s bedroom. We tiptoed down the stairs but some of the steps still creaked a bit. U-Kwon kept hold of my hand until we reached the living room. It was an absolute mess. Zico was curled up into a ball on top of the living room table; Ji Hoon was on the floor covered with party poppers while Jaehyo and Kyung were squished together on the sofa.

“Where’s Minhyuk??” I asked quickly when I finished scanning the room.

U-Kwon shrugged and then pulled me to the kitchen. We found Minhyuk sleeping on top of the dining table. He was surrounded by empty bottles of alcohol. U-Kwon still kept my hand as he shook Minhyuk awake.

“Hyung, il eona!” He said. Minhyuk opened his eyes abruptly.

“What?” He asked U-Kwon. I pulled my hand away from U-Kwon’s grasp when I saw Minhyuk look. I don’t why but I think he was jealous.

“Why were you asleep on the dining table hyung?” U-Kwon asked.

“Why do you care?” Minhyuk hissed under his breath. He ruffled his hair before he jumped off the table.

“Did you have a good time last night?” I asked him. I hope he doesn’t snap at me. We were friends now right? I hope so…

“Do you really want me to answer that question Kira?” He glared at me before he walked out of the kitchen. Whoa, what did I do?!

“Why is he angry at me?” I asked, my bottom lip trembling.

“He’s angry at everyone. Don’t take it personally.” U-Kwon told me.

I didn’t believe him. Minhyuk doesn’t act like that around me anymore.

He’s nice to me now. Why has he become mean all of a sudden? Did I do something wrong last night? Did I say anything to him that made him upset?

If only I remember what actually happened last night.

 

 

It took us approximately 8 hours to clean the boarding house. Everyone helped even Minhyuk. All of us had horrible hangovers as well. Minyoung left as soon as she woke up and I didn’t get a chance to ask her anything about last night. Minhyuk hasn’t said a word to me at all. It’s really bothering me.

I was cleaning the kitchen with Taeil when I noticed that he was sulking.

“What’s the matter Taeil oppa?” I asked worriedly.

“One of my pet fishes died,” He muttered sadly.

“What? How?” I gasped. He took proper care of those fishes. He doesn’t care if he misses a meal as long as his fishes don’t. He cleans the tank regularly and he even talks to the fishes! Why did one die?

“I poured beer into the tank last night remember?” He said.

“You did what?!” I exclaimed, my eyes widening.

“Kira you were there. You stopped me halfway. If you didn’t, I would have poured all of the beer in the tank and all of the fish would have died.” He said. I looked at him in total confusion. I don’t remember what he just said.

“Why would you pour beer into the tank in the first place?!” I questioned.

“I was drunk. I do stupid things when I’m drunk.” He pouted.

“At least you remember what you did,” I sighed out loud.

“Hey Kira, where did you disappear off to last night?” Jaehyo asked as he entered the kitchen with a broom in hand.

“Honestly, I don’t remember a thing from last night so no point in asking me,” I chuckled nervously. I really want to know what happened last night!

“You did look pretty hammered last night.” Jaehyo grinned.

“You did too you know!” I laughed pointing a finger at him.

When Taeil and I finished cleaning the kitchen, we went to the living room to help Ji Hoon and U-Kwon. Zico and Kyung were collecting all the empty alcohol bottles from the garden while Jaehyo and Minhyuk were cleaning upstairs. I collected all the rubbish that was underneath the sofa.

“Kira noona how was your little trip last night?” Ji Hoon giggled.

“Ji Hoon-ah,” U-Kwon gulped. He was taking down the birthday signs.

“What little trip?” I asked in a confused tone. Ji Hoon was wearing another big bow on his head but this time it was a different colour.

“You and U-Kwon hyung’s little moment in the cupboard under the stairs.” Ji Hoon grinned like a 5 year old. Taeil and I looked at each other weirdly.

“Ji Hoon shut up!!” U-Kwon shouted nervously.

“Oh you didn’t tell noona about it huh? Do you expect her not to remember it?” Ji Hoon said smugly. I was really confused right now.

“What are you talking about?” Taeil asked in a scary voice.

“Nothing~” U-Kwon answered, sweat starting to appear on his forehead.

“You didn’t Kira under the stairs did you?” Taeil exclaimed.

“Aniya!!” U-Kwon replied. He started rubbing the back of his neck with his hand as he looked at me in a very awkward way. I’ve never seen him like this before. He was always this confident, straight to the point guy.

“U-Kwon hyung pulled you into the cupboard so he could kiss you!!” Ji Hoon blabbered. U-Kwon grabbed an empty can on the floor and then threw it at him hitting the maknae on the nose.

“She needs to know you’re a ert hyung,” Ji Hoon chuckled.

“You did what?!” I exploded.

“Kira calm down~ nothing happened. When I was just about to kiss you, you fainted. And then I took you to your room. I promise I didn’t take advantage of you. I’m not like that, I swear!” U-Kwon spoke.

“You fainted? Excellent!” Ji Hoon and Taeil laughed out loud.

“I was very drunk.” I sighed in embarrassment. I wouldn’t actually mind kissing U-Kwon for real. But I’m not going to tell him that.

“Mianhe Kira,” U-Kwon bowed at me.

“It’s okay, just ask nicely next time. Don’t pull me under the stairs or anything. It’s creepy.” I giggled. U-Kwon started to blush.

 

 

On Monday, I actually dreaded going to school because Minhyuk was still not talking to me. What if he never talks to me? And I still don’t know the reason why he started acting cold and mean again. When the bell rang, the other boys ran out of the common room to go to their first class. I carried my back pack and waited for Minhyuk to move. He walked out without even looking at me. I followed him quietly. He was walking fast and I needed to run in order to keep up with him. For some reason he wasn’t going to the direction of the gym. He was on his way to the music room. He has piano recitals again. Maybe that’s why he’s being all distant again because he’s nervous. But didn’t he say he wanted me there to make him feel calm and comfortable?

When we finally reached the music room, he stopped by the door way.

“Good luck oppa, fighting!” I smiled at him.

“Go to P.E.” He said flatly with no expression at all.

“I thought you wanted me to be here,” I mumbled.
“I don’t need you. Go.” He said coldly. I don’t know why but those words really hurt me to the core. Doesn’t he spare other people’s feelings?

“But--” I gulped. His beautiful face was still expressionless.

“Kira, just leave.” He ordered. He then walked inside the music room and slammed the door on my face. I sighed and made my way to the gym.

He was certainly back to being the cold, mean Lee Minhyuk.

After school, Jaehyo was asked to stay behind to help out some teachers so I was walking home on my own. I couldn’t help but think about Minhyuk.

I can’t help but wonder if I did anything wrong to upset him. He didn’t talk to me all day and he never told anyone how his piano recitals went. He just kept himself to himself basically. He also purposely walked faster to classes so that I won’t be able to walk with him. I still can’t believe he slammed the door in my face. I remember when he told me he wanted me to be there during his piano recital. Why change his mind all of a sudden?

“Listen Kira; will you come watch me next time? I just-- Well I feel comfortable and relaxed when youre around…”  I remember him saying.
When I reached the boarding house, I heard sounds coming from the TV in the living room. It was Zico, relaxing on the sofa with the remote in his hand.

“Annyeong haseyo!” I greeted him.

“What’s wrong Kira?” He asked in a worried tone.

“Nothing, wae??” I responded. I jumped on the seat next to him.

“There is something wrong. Tell me.” He insisted. How can he tell?

“Are you psychic???” I laughed.

“It’s the hair…” He grinned pointing at his pineapple like hair which smelt like strawberries that I loved.

“Its Minhyuk oppa. He seems to be angry at me.” I admitted.

Zico smiled a little and then placed an arm over my shoulder. It felt nice.

“He’s not angry at you. He’s jealous.” Zico stated.

“He’s jealous? Of what? Wae?” I stammered.

“During the party, I was trying so hard to stop Jaehyo hyung from getting to you that I forgot to watch Minhyuk hyung.” He started.

“Why were you stopping Jaehyo? And what do you mean you forgot to watch Minhyuk?” I asked. I still don’t remember much from that damn party.

“U-Kwon asked me a favour. He heard Jaehyo hyung tell Minyoung that he was going to kiss you that night. U-Kwon wanted to kiss you too so he asked me to stop Jaehyo from getting to you. U-Kwon also asked me to watch Minhyuk just in case he makes a move on you but I forgot. Minhyuk hyung saw U-Kwon carrying you out of the cupboard under the stairs. And he got jealous to death.” Zico explained. There were so many questions in my head.

I didn’t know what to ask first.

“Jaehyo and Minhyuk like me?” My jaw dropped.

“Isn’t it obvious?!” Zico rolled his eyes to the ceiling.

“I’m pretty dumb with that kind of stuff.” I admitted.

“Ne they like you. And U-Kwon likes you. Then again he likes anyone with a ,” Zico chuckled. “I only did the favour for him cos he was the one who asked first.” He continued.

“But nothing even happened to me and U-Kwon under the stairs.” I said.

“Chincha? Based on what Minhyuk hyung told me, it looked like something happened between you two.” Zico shrugged.

“Aniya, nothing happened.” I said.

“So you like Minhyuk then eh?” Zico winked.

“I don’t know.”

“Jaehyo?”

“I don’t know.”

“U-Kwon?”

“I don’t think so.”

“Good luck!” Zico scoffed. For sake.

 

 

Author’s Note:

 

I know I said I was going to update yesterday but I got distracted.

Mian, mian! I hope this update makes up for it?

I know it’s another cliffhanger but I promise the next chapter will not be a cliffhanger. SPOILER: The next chapter will contain a lot of B-Bomb ;)

Do tell me what you think and post comments okay?

Gomawo! ~ {JL}