Chapter 7.

Do You Wanna B? ‘Block B Club’.

Today is Minhyuks birthday and everyones buzzing in the boarding house.

It was a Saturday and we are going to have a proper celebration for the birthday boy. Were going to throw him an awesome birthday party!

Zico, Taeil and I just got back from the shops. We bought last minute decorations for the party tonight. Jaehyo and U-Kwon were cooking in the kitchen; Kyung and Ji Hoon were sorting out what music to play tonight while Minhyuk was just sitting down in the living room. He wasnt allowed to do anything but relax. Hes not allowed to help with anything which I think he likes as he never helps with anything normally anyway. He was watching TV when I decided to hang up a Happy Birthday sign by the windows. Because I was a bit short, Im not able to reach the top of the windows so I grabbed a stool and stepped on it. With Blu-tack already stuck underneath the sign, I tried to stick it against the window. Unfortunately, I didnt have a thing called balance. As I tiptoed on the stool, my legs shook and the stool wobbled. I dropped the sign and then I fell backwards. I yelped as I waited for my back to hit the floor but it didnt happen. Instead a pair of arms caught me.

Jelly legs…” He smiled. He was so close to me that I could smell his scent.

Th-thank you f-for catching m-me. I stuttered. He was staring at my face and I couldnt help but feel self-conscious. His eyes were so pretty though.

Ill stick the sign up. He said before he helped me to stand up straight.

Thanks…” I repeated before I walked out of the living room.

I leaned against the wall and then tried to calm my nerves down. My hands were shaking and my heartbeat was just going crazy. Minhyuk’s face was stuck in my head. Whoa~ do I have a crush on him?

Just then the doorbell rang which broke my train my thoughts. I hurriedly opened the door and greeted the girl standing in front of me.

“Annyeong haseyo!” I said. She looked weirdly familiar.

“Annyeong haseyo Kira unnie!” She greeted me cheerfully.

“Mian, do I know you?” I asked in a confused tone. She had highlights on her hair and the colour was the same shade of pink like Minhyuk’s.

“Oh~ Lee Minyoung imnida!” She bowed at me.

“Ah no wonder you looked familiar! Come in!” I said and then opened the door wider so she could walk in. She took her shoes off and her jacket.

“You look so much like your brother,” I told her in awe.

“Aniya, I’m the better looking sibling!” She giggled.

“I heard that you brat.” Minhyuk appeared with his arms crossed.

“Happy birthday Minhyuk oppa!” Minyoung shouted and then threw her arms around her brother who didn’t look impressed at all.

“I don’t want your germs Minyoung.” Minhyuk grimaced before pushing his little sister away. He turned his back on her which made Minyoung pout. She then jumped on his back quite harshly.

“Ya!” Minhyuk shouted.

“Some girls in my class have a crush on you!” Minyoung said still holding on to him. The other boys appeared to see what the commotion is about.

“I don’t care, now get off!” Minhyuk sneered.

“But the majority still have a crush on you Jaehyo oppa!” Minyoung said as she ran towards Jaehyo who hugged her tight.

“Ya Minyoung, how comes we don’t see you at school?” Kyung asked.

“She’s probably in detention all the time.” Minhyuk sniggered.

“Aniya! I’m always at the library!” Minyoung answered.

“You? In the library?” Minhyuk scoffed.

“Are you okay Minyoung-shi? Have you not been well?” Zico joked.

“No wonder we don’t see you then. We never set foot in the library!” Ji Hoon exclaimed. Minyoung nodded and then went over to Taeil. She greeted him and then took his hat off and placed it on her head.

“Wait, we have a library?” U-Kwon inquired.

“The place where all the books are.” Kyung chuckled.

U-Kwon still looked surprised and confused.

“That place where you take girls to kiss you!” Zico rolled his eyes.

“Oh! That place…” U-Kwon smiled slyly. He takes girls in the library to kiss them? He really is indeed a flirt and a playboy. I sighed in disappointment.

“Let’s get back to cooking the food!” Taeil announced.

“Do you want anything to drink Minyoung?” Jaehyo asked her sweetly.

“Don’t make a fuss on her!” Minhyuk raised an eyebrow.

“Shikkeureo! Do you have any strawberry milkshake?” Minyoung requested.

We all went to the kitchen and I saw Taeil stirring something on the stove while Ji Hoon went back to chopping carrots. Jaehyo took a bottle of strawberry milkshake from the fridge and then handed it to Minyoung.

“Is there anything I can help with?” I asked Taeil and Zico.

“Aniya, we can handle it.” Taeil said firmly.

“Go in the garden. You girls have a chat.” Zico ordered. He pushed Minyoung and me towards the back garden. We rearranged the patio furniture so that we were sitting in the garden but we could still see what was happening in the kitchen. Minyoung slurped on her milkshake loudly.

“So unnie, who do you like out of all of them?” She asked me casually.

“Eh? No one. Wae?” I answered in a very defensive tone.

“Oh come on. 7 boys and 1 girl living in a boarding house. Surely you have crush on at least one of them. Unless you’re gay.” She grinned.

“I’m most definitely not gay!” I said with my fist in the air for some reason.

“So who do you like then?” She asked again. I shook my head at her.

To be honest, I didn’t even know myself. I looked towards the kitchen and I could see all of the boys doing something.

“I’ll figure it out…” Minyoung trailed off. I saw Zico drinking a glass of water in the kitchen. I smiled and then admired his pineapple hair. It was cute. I then saw Jaehyo with a green apron on. He looked handsome as always.

U-Kwon was wearing the bright pink apron while eating all of the cheese that Kyung was slicing. Kyung didn’t seem to be annoyed. Ji Hoon was in aid of Taeil who seemed to be in charged of the kitchen. I smiled once more.

It started to get quite warm so I folded my long sleeve t-shirt up to my forearm to cool off a bit. I heard Minyoung finish her milkshake.

“Ya you have a tattoo!” She exclaimed pointing at my right wrist.

I held it up so she could see properly. I had the words “거짓말(Romanization: "Geojitmal"; English: "Lies") tattooed on my wrist.

“Geojitmal? Interesting…” She commented. “I have a tattoo too!”

“Chincha?” I exclaimed. She nodded and then pulled all her hair up so she could show me the back of her neck. She had a tattoo of a blue butterfly.

“That’s really pretty!” I told her.

“Gomawo unnie. I’m thinking of getting another one.” She said.
“YOU HAVE A TATTOO?!” Minhyuk screeched. Minyoung and I didn’t know that he was in the garden all this time. Minyoung turned pale instantly.

“It’s only henna! It will come off!” She gulped.

“I can’t believe you paid someone to scar your body for life!” Minhyuk said.

“Mianhe oppa,” Minyoung pouted. Minhyuk walked off with a huff. My eyes followed until he was back in the boarding house. I couldn’t help but smile.

I found it so sweet that he is so overprotective of his little sister.

“Oh my gosh! Seriously unnie?” I heard Minyoung say.

“Mwuh?” I asked innocently.

“Of all the boys you’re crushing on my brother?!” She made a face.

“Wh- How did you figure that out?!” I gasped.

“I was watching your every move. You look at the others the same way but at my brother, it’s different.” She explained.

“Minyoung I didn’t even know I had a crush on him myself. Don’t tell anyone please?” I requested. She stared at me for a moment before answering.

“Araso, araso.” She said.

 

After we ate the delicious birthday dinner for Minhyuk, the actual party started. Alcohol was served and music started blaring loudly. All of us were drinking alcoholic drinks apart from Minyoung who only asked for another strawberry milkshake. We turned the living room into a mini dance floor where we all started dancing like crazy people. By 11pm, Minyoung was the only one who was sober. She and Jaehyo were sitting down on the sofa chatting, Ji Hoon was sprawled on the floor rapping along to the song that was playing, U-Kwon was drunk dancing with Zico in the kitchen while Kyung was playing the drunk version of rock, paper, scissors with Minhyuk. Taeil was nowhere to be seen. I went upstairs to look for him just in case he passed out somewhere.

I found him in his bedroom, standing in front of his fish tank. He was blubbering to his fishes and I saw that he was holding a pint of beer.

“Taeil oppa~ are you okay?” I called. He turned around and smiled at me.
“Oh Kira!! It’s you! Kira!” He shouted on top of his voice. He kept waving his arms everywhere causing his drink to spill.

“How drunk are you?” I asked him. I knew I was drunk but I was still aware of what was happening around me. I think anyway.

“Drunk enough to tell you how much I love youuu!” He said in a singsong voice. He took a big gulp of his drink and then started to pour the rest of the contents in his fish tank. I grabbed it from him before he could kill his pets.

“Oppa you’ll kill your fishes…” I told him. I placed the glass on his nightstand.

“Kira I love youuu…” He grinned at me.

“I love you too Taeil oppa!” I replied giggling.

“I want my bed…” He declared. I helped him lay down on his bed and I made sure that he was comfortable. When I turned his lights off, he started snoring. Who knew the serious, sensible Taeil was a dorky, honest drunk?

When I closed his bedroom door, Minyoung was running up the stairs. When she found me, she flashed me a very excited smile.

“Got a hanger in your mouth?” I asked her.

“Jaehyo oppa said he’s going to kiss you tonight!” She grinned.

“He what?!” I gasped.

“Which I think is funny because I know you like my brother and you want him to kiss you but Jaehyo likes you so he’s going to kiss you!” Minyoung said.

“He’s drunk right? He’s not thinking straight.” I said.

“Drunken words are sober thoughts…” Minyoung winked at me.

I started to panic. I had too much drink and I myself wasn’t thinking straight either. Do I want Jaehyo to kiss me? I’m sure I wouldn’t mind but will it be right if I kiss him back? I don’t know. I was so confused.

Minyoung ran back downstairs while I followed slowly. I rubbed my eyes not caring if I was ruining my eye make-up. I was just so drunk.

I walked past the living room where the others were. Minhyuk looked at me in a worried way. I saw Jaehyo making his way towards me but Zico immediately stopped him for some reason. I made my way to the kitchen to get a glass of water but then someone grabbed me from behind. I closed my eyes and when I opened them, U-Kwon was in front of me, smiling cutely.

He pulled me into the cupboard under the stairs.

“U-Kwon oppa what are we doing here?” I asked him.

“I asked Zico to make sure Jaehyo hyung doesn’t get to you.” He smirked.

“Whaaat?” I asked my voice shaking.

“Kira, kiss me.” He said.
“That’s what you tell every girl you meet isn’t it?” I scoffed.

“Kira,” he crooned and then I saw that he was leaning his face closer to mine. My eyes widened. Why is he doing this?? He puckered his lips and then he closed his eyes. I took a deep breath and then I fainted.

To be continued…

 

Author's Note:

I won't be able to update until Sunday {i have to go to work} next so i thought i'd update again tonight.

Hope you like this update! Sorry it's a cliff hanger! :D

Don't forget to comment!

Gomawo! ~{JL}