Chapter 35

Do You Wanna B? ‘Block B Club’.

{MINHYUK’S POV}

 

It’s been a few days since that idiot Jaehyo left Kira. I’ve been looking out for her but I haven’t actually approached her and asked if she was okay. The others are doing that themselves but I was also dying on talking to her and comforting her. Since Jaehyo left, she hasn’t been focusing in class, she hasn’t been doing her homework so Taeil and Kyung does it for her, she hardly eats anything nor she gets any sleep at all. I often see her in the garden trying to call Jaehyo on her phone but most of the time she’s in her bedroom crying her eyes out. She wants answers, all of us are aware of that. Why did Jaehyo leave her all of a sudden with no word of explanation at all? Doesn’t she deserve to know where her boyfriend is? I’ve tried to call Jaehyo myself many times but it always goes to voicemail. He’s not even man enough to answer my calls and hear what I’ve got to say. I’ve left him a couple of threatening messages but he hasn’t replied to any of them. He hasn’t contacted any of us at all and we’re not able to contact his parents either. It’s all one big question. Because I have been worrying sick about Kira lately, Chani has been worrying about me too. I haven’t been focusing on our relationship and that made me think, “When did I ever focus on my relationship with Chani?” now I know that Chani was a rebound. I hate to admit it but it is the truth. I want Kira back; more than anything else. Maybe now that Jaehyo is out of the picture, she’ll want me back again.

 

I sipped my coffee as I waited for Chani to arrive. I looked at my watch and sighed. She’s 10 minutes late. The coffee shop was getting full of people.

I just wanted to get this over and done with.

“Hey oppa!” Chani finally arrived.

“Hi Chani~” I replied. “I got you a drink.”

“Thanks~ have you guys heard from Jaehyo oppa yet?” She asked after she took a quick sip from her iced coffee.

“Anio. Listen I need to talk to you.” I started. She looked at me intently.

The last thing I want is to hurt her but if I continued on with this relationship, she will be hurt too as it will be a one-sided love.

“We’re not working out… Chani-ah, I’m sorry.” I held her hand.

“Are you breaking up with me?” Her voice shook. I only nodded at her.

“This is about Kira isn’t it? You’re going to try and get back with her. Am I right?” Chani fixed a glare on me and shook my hand away.

“Chani I’m so sorry. I love Kira.” I admitted and bowed my head low.

“I want her back. I’d really love it if we could stay friends.” I added.

“Please don’t hate me or Kira… I‘m sorry.”

I heard Chani sigh. She grabbed my hand once again and held it tight.

“I’m going to miss you oppa.” She simply said before standing up and walking away. I didn’t even have the chance to say goodbye to her.

Goodbye Chani. I’m sorry you got caught up with all of this.

 

Back at the boarding house I found Taeil hyung in the kitchen cooking dinner. There was no sign of anyone else although I could hear multiple footsteps from upstairs. I sat down on the kitchen counter.

“Minhyuk-ah, where have you been?” Taeil hyung asked.

“I broke up with Chani,” I declared making Taeil hyung dropped a bowl on the floor causing it to break. I quickly looked for the broom.

“I thought you liked her?” Taeil hyung asked in a surprised tone.

“I did but I love Kira. I still love Kira.” I said as I swept the broken bowl.

“Minhyuk I hope you know that Kira is so vulnerable and fragile right now. Please don’t take advantage of her vulnerability.” Taeil said sternly.

“I’m not going to take advantage of her hyung; I know she wants me back too…” I said confidently. Taeil turned the stove off and then went to look at me. I made sure that there weren’t any more broken pieces of the bowl on the floor. For a couple of seconds, my hyung just stared at me.

“Kira is pining for Jaehyo. If she wanted you back she would have jumped at the chance on getting back with you the second she found out that Jaehyo was gone. I’m sorry but you have to realize that Kira has moved on. You should too.” Taeil hyung explained. But I know that he’s wrong. I have a feeling that Kira still wants me back. I know for sure that Jaehyo was only also a rebound for her. She doesn’t actually love him. She only used him to try and get over me. I’m confident that she will take me back this time.

“But hyung she needs to know that I still love her.” I reasoned.

“If you tell her that, you’re just going to mess with her head. She’s going through enough at the moment. Don’t add anymore to her load.” Taeil said.

“But hyung--”

“Minhyuk please.”

“I’m not making any promises…”

And by that I walked out of the kitchen and went upstairs. All the bedroom doors were wide open and when I looked inside every single one, it was all unoccupied. At the end of the hallway was Kira’s bedroom and the door was closed. All the noise however were all coming from in there. Without bothering to knock, I opened the door to see what was going on. I was quite shocked to see Kira on her feet, all dressed up and has a wide smile on show. I haven’t seen her smile for days. It was refreshing to see her smiling again. She was clapping and cheering as she watched U-Kwon dance for her. Suddenly Kyung went to pick her up off the floor and twirled her around on the spot. She started giggling while Ji Hoon took the chance to jump and down on her bed with Toto in his arms.

“Hey hyung!” Zico greeted me. He turned the music off and everyone else stopped what they were doing. Kira looked and smiled at me.

“How are you doing Kira?” I asked her.

“I’m okay~ the boys haven’t done anything but cheer me up so I’ve nothing to do but cheer up I guess!” She grinned widely.

“That’s good to hear~” I replied.

“Besides I think she has run out of tears.” Kyung joked.

“Minhyuk hyung, has Taeil hyung finished cooking the ramen yet?” Ji Hoon asked. I simply shrugged as a response.

“Oh yeah I’m quite hungry…” Zico added.

“Go check for yourselves. Aish…” I rolled my eyes at them.

“Are you okay hyung? You seem a tad edgy.” U-Kwon mentioned.

“Yeah, gwaenchanayo?” Kira chipped in.

“I’m fine. Can I speak to Kira alone?” I requested.

The boys looked at each other and then nodded. Zico picked up his stereo and went out first, Kyung hugged Kira before leaving, U-Kwon kissed her on the cheek before leaving and Ji Hoon jumped from the bed and then ran out of the room. I closed the door and locked it. I turned to Kira.

“You really are a bad liar…” I smiled at her.

“What? What are you talking about?” She replied and tucked some of her hair behind her ears. She then sat down on the edge of her bed.

“You haven’t cheered up have you? You’re dying inside. All of that was just a show. You’re putting on a fake smile.” I told her. She smiled sadly.

“I want them to stop worrying and fussing over me. I want everything to be back to normal but I know that’s impossible.” She said.

I sat down beside her placed my arm over her shoulder. She automatically her head on my shoulder and then sighed out loud.

“Everything is going to be okay. We’re all here for you and more importantly, I am here for you. Always.” I whispered and then kissed the top of her head. Oh how much I missed doing that!

“He’s gone isn’t he? Jaehyo is completely gone. He’s left me. He’s never coming back. He left and I don’t even know why.” Her voice cracked.

“Hey don’t start crying. He’s not worth your tears.” I said.

I’m aware that comfort is what shes seeking so I’m going to give it to her.

“I miss him so much~ I want him to come back. I’m not even going to ask why he left. I just want to see him again.” Kira sobbed.

“I told you he will hurt you.” I pointed out. Kira carried on crying.

“Hey I thought you’ve ran out of tears?” I tried to lighten up the mood.

“I’m sorry-- I’m staining your shirt…” She said and quickly stood up to wipe her tears and then my shirt which was damp because of her tears.
“Don’t worry about it. Listen Kira, I want to tell you something.” I started.

I grabbed her wrist and sat her back down again. She looked at me intently. I just wanted to lean in closer and kiss her lovingly.

“Ya dinner’s ready. Where are Minhyuk and Kira?” I heard Taeil hyung outside.

I better make this quick otherwise I know that he will stop me.

“What is it oppa?” Kira asked me. I started to panic.

Just then, her bedroom door bursted open and Taeil walked in with an aggravated face. He gave me a glare and I knew that I was too late.

My confession to Kira just has to wait til later.

“Dinner’s ready.” Taeil hyung announced.

“I’m coming,” Kira replied. “Minhyuk was just about to tell me something.”

“Aniya, Kira you know we never let food wait.” Taeil said.

“Araso, Minhyuk oppa let’s talk later.” Kira said and then walked out leaving Taeil hyung and I in her bedroom. He glared at me.

“Don’t mess with her head anymore or I swear I will hurt you.”

“Come on hyung, you could never hurt a fly.” I scoffed.

“Minhyuk I’m being serious. Leave Kira alone.” He said firmly.

“Ya what’s going on? I thought dinner was ready?” Zico walked in.

“Taeil hyung is totally against about me telling Kira that I want her back.”

“It’s not the right time!” Taeil screeched.

“Wait-- what about Chani?” Zico questioned.

“I’ve broken up with her.” I answered. Zico gasped.

“That’s great! Now you and Kira can get back together!” He cheered.

“Aren’t you forgetting someone?” Taeil said.

“Who? Jaehyo hyung? Well he’s not here is he? He’s left Kira which later on he will realize is a stupid mistake.” Zico uttered.

“But we don’t know the reason why he left! Maybe he has a perfectly good explanation about his disappearing act!!” Taeil reasoned.

“Hyung why are you taking his side?” My brows furrowed.

“It’s not like that. I just don’t want things to get even more complicated than it is now!” Taeil mused.

“Minhyuk hyung, do what you gotta do.” Zico said.

“Zico I will--” Taeil started but Zico cut him off.

“I think we’ve all meddled enough with the Minhyuk, Kira and Jaehyo love triangle.” Zico tapped him on the shoulder.

 

I rushed throughout dinner. Taeil hyung watched my every move and Kira was so oblivious to everything. Zico cheered me on by nodding at me every so often and showing me the thumbs up. When everyone finished dinner, I helped putting all the dirty dishes in the sink. Kyung and U-Kwon were in charge of washing up so Taeil hyung would still be on my face so I had to ask for Zico’s help. Kira helped U-Kwon and Kyung while Ji Hoon was wiping the table clean. Zico told me that he’ll have everything under control. I went up to my bedroom for a little while and waited for Zico. At least 20 minutes have passed and there was still no sign of him. I jumped out of my bed and went to walk out of my bedroom but then there was Kira who was just about to knock. She smiled at me and I couldn’t help but smile back.

“Zico said you have something important to tell me.” She said.

“Yes, yes I do. Come in.” I gulped. Why was I getting nervous now?

I closed my bedroom door and leaned against it. She sat down on my bed and waited for me to talk. Right Minhyuk, it’s now or never!

“Basically Kira, I want you back.” I declared.

Kira stared at me without blinking. I sat down beside her and held her hand. It felt nice being able to her hand again. I was longing for her so much.

“Why? When-- How-- What?!” Kira stammered.

“Kira I never stopped loving you. I love you so much. I want us to get back together more than anything else.” I held her hand tighter but she took it away. I looked at her with pleading eyes and grabbed her hand again.

“But-- I can’t… I meant-- I don’t know!” She carried on stammering.

“Do you still love me?” I asked her. Kira sighed and smiled nervously.

“Minhyuk I can’t--” She answered.

“Kira do you still love me?” I repeated.

She nodded twice and looked away. She still loved me. I knew it.

I quickly pulled her into a hug. I never wanted to let her go. But the perfect moment ended too soon. Kira pushed me away and then shook her head.

“What’s the matter?” I quickly asked.

“I can’t do this… I’ve got a boyfriend…” She mumbled.

“But where is he huh? You don’t even know where he is! Kira we belong together…” I touched our foreheads together and closed my eyes.

“Minhyuk don’t… Please…” She murmured. I pulled away for a moment, looked into her eyes and then kissed her lips. The first few seconds she didn’t respond but as I caressed her cheeks, she kissed me back. But again the perfect moment ended well too soon. Kira pushed me away abruptly and wiped her lips. I grabbed her wrists but she let go and stood up.

“Minhyuk don’t do this!” She shouted.

“Kira please… can we just get back together? Its what we both want.”

“I’m with Jaehyo and you’re with Chani! Stop all this nonsense!”

“I broke up with Chani. Me and her are over.” I said.

Kira looked at me, smiled sadly before walking away.

“Wait--” I grabbed her arm.

“I can’t… I’m sorry…” She said and then walked out.

I sat back down on my bed and covered my face with my hands. I had her back. It was so close. What do I have to do to make everything go my way for once? I’m not asking for much. I only want Kira back as my girlfriend.

Is that actually too much to ask? I lay down on my bed and then heard my door open. I looked and it was Kira re-entering my room.

“Hey--” I said.

Without saying anything, she just laid down beside me. I turned to my side so that we were facing each other. She smiled at me; this time it wasn’t a sad smile. It was a happy smile.

“Me and you yeah?” She whispered. I nodded happily.

She moved closer and pulled me in for a kiss.

Of course I didn’t do anything else but kiss her back.

{END OF MINHYUK’S POV}

 

Author’s Note:

I told you there’ll be drama. ^-^

By the way, this the 3rd chapter to last.

So be prepared as this story will sadly end really soon…

As I say always, thank you all for your support!

I really love you all. <3

~ {JL}