Chapter 34

Do You Wanna B? ‘Block B Club’.

2 weeks later…

 

“Are you ready for the Maths quiz?” Jaehyo nudged me.

“I’m never ready for Maths…” I sighed. We were all on our way to Maths class and I just wasn’t looking forward to the quiz. I know I’m going to fail it anyway. Zico suddenly locked his arm around mine while Kyung took my other arm pushing Jaehyo out of the picture all of the sudden.

“You can copy our answers!” Zico said cheerfully.

“But Ji Ho, you at Maths~” I giggled.

“Ya I actually revised for this quiz!” Zico defended himself.

“You’ll still fail…” Minhyuk sniggered.

“Kira you can copy my answers!” Kyung said.

“You at Maths too Kyungie…” I giggled some more.

“You’re better off copying U-Kwon’s answers. With him, you have a chance to pass a little bit…” Minhyuk smirked. I smiled at him warmly.

We entered the classroom and took our seats. I quickly took my notepad out and a pen. U-Kwon tapped me on the shoulder and asked if I had a spare pen so I gave him one. Jaehyo was sat beside me quietly, flicking through our Maths books. I don’t know why he’s revising, he’ll pass it anyway.

“Oppa~ can I borrow your answers?” I grinned at him.

“Noona it’s better to fail than to pass because of cheating.” Ji Hoon tutted.

“Like you’ve never cheated before…” U-Kwon scoffed.

“I’ve never cheated!” Ji Hoon gasped.

Taeil, U-Kwon, Jaehyo and I raised an eyebrow at the maknae.

“Fine… Once or twice…” Ji Hoon admitted.

“Its okay maknae, all of us have cheated once or twice…” I smiled.

“Toto has never cheated. Otherwise I’ll tell him off.” Ji Hoon said.

“That’s good parenting…” I giggled.

“You can copy my answers if you want. But just don’t let the others copy you… And by others I mean Zico and Kyung.” Jaehyo whispered.

“Ya I heard that!” Zico pouted.

“I’m not going to copy anyone’s answers!” Kyung added.

“Sure…” Jaehyo rolled his eyes to the ceiling.

I looked by the door and saw Chani walked in and went straight to her seat next to Minhyuk. But instead of sitting down on her chair, she went to sit on Minhyuk’s lap. I felt yet another pang of jealousy seeing them so sweet with each other so I looked away and played with my pen.

Just then our Maths teacher walked in and immediately started the quiz. Everyone in the class fell silent and tried to concentrate on the quiz. If my actual life depended on this quiz, I wouldn’t survive at all. I watched my teacher phase across the classroom eyeing every one of us.

“Psst…” I called Jaehyo. He looked at me and smiled.

“I can’t see your answers.” I whispered.

Jaehyo turned his notepad so that I could see. I looked around the room for my teacher to see if she was anywhere near me before I copied Jaehyo’s answers quickly. When I finished, I showed him a thumb’s up. Our teacher carried on with the quiz and I carried on copying Jaehyo’s answers. Of course I left some of the questions blank because I didn’t want to have the same score as Jaehyo. A ball of rolled up paper suddenly hit my head.

I turned around and saw Zico doing weird signals with his hand.

“What?!” I hissed under my breath.

“Inoue Kira please face forward.” The teacher said.

A few minutes later, another ball of rolled up paper hit me again. This time it landed on my table. I straightened the paper and read the message.

Kyung and I can’t see your answers! -Z

I smiled a little and threw the paper away under my desk. I then lifted my notepad up and pretended that I was reading it. That way, Zico and Kyung would be able to see my answers. When I heard Zico faked a cough, I took that as a signal that the deed was done. When the quiz finished, our teacher collected all of our notepads for her to mark it. Zico and Kyung went over to me and thanked me.

“I thought you revised!” I poked Zico’s arm.

“Kira baby you shouldn’t believe everything that Zico says.” U-Kwon smiled.

“And I told you not to let them copy you!” Jaehyo pouted.

“Sorry~” I blushed violently.

“I did revise honest!” Zico raised his hands up in the air.

“You never revise.” Taeil chipped in.

“Noona I can’t believe you cheated.” Ji Hoon whispered.

“Sorry maknae, I didn’t want to fail…” I said ashamed.

“Just don’t tell Toto otherwise he might think that cheating is okay…” Ji Hoon grinned at me. I pretended to cross my heart and grinned back at him.

I turned around to look at Minhyuk and I saw that Chani is sitting on his lap again. For a moment I wanted to go and sit on Jaehyo’s lap but I didn’t want it to seem that I was competing with Chani. Instead I just reached for Jaehyo’s hand and held it. But then my other was grabbed by U-Kwon.

“What are you doing Kwonnie?” I asked him.

“Holding your hand Kira baby,” He winked at me.

“U-Kwon you must stop hitting on my girlfriend.” Jaehyo sighed.

“But hyung I don’t have a girlfriend. You know what my ex did to me. I’m still heartbroken because of that. I’m so lonely. Can you find it in your heart to share Kira with me?” U-Kwon pouted and did his puppy eyes.

“We’ve been through this. You’re not sleeping with Kira.” Jaehyo said sternly. I couldn’t help but just laugh while Taeil hit U-Kwon at the back of his head. Jaehyo leaned in to kiss me and I leaned in too. But instead of our lips crashing, our foreheads hit each others instead. When I opened my eyes, I saw Kyung laughing his head off. Jaehyo glared at him.

“Go get a girlfriend you silly cucumber!” Jaehyo hissed.

“Didn’t Kira tell you? I’m her bit on the side!” Kyung joked.

But before Jaehyo could react to what just Kyung said, our teacher had started talking again which means she just finished marking our quizzes.

“Settle down class!” She shouted making everyone shut up and go back to their seats. As she talked, she gave everyone their notepads back.

“Well done class, you all passed the quiz! I’m so pleased!”

I mouthed “thank you” to Jaehyo quickly because if it wasn’t for him, I would have failed for sure. Just as the teacher managed to return all our notepads back, the bell rang indicating the end of the lesson. We all grabbed our bags and made our way to the door.

“Inoue Kira, Park Kyung and Woo Ji Ho. Please stay behind.”

Kyung, Zico and I looked nervously at each other. All our classmates rushed out of the classroom and our teacher closed the door. Kyung, Zico and I gathered around her table and waited for the fireworks.

“I asked the three of you to stay behind because I wanted to talk about the results of your quizzes.” Our teacher started.

“We passed though right?” Zico enquired.

“Yes you did. But the three of you ended up with the same scores. 11 out of 15. My wild guess is you all cheated because when I looked at your notepads, you all had the same answers, same wrong answers and same blank answers.” Our teacher narrowed her eyes at us.

“Sorry~” I barely whispered.

“I’m afraid I’m gonna have to send you to detention. But you have to tell me if anyone else is involved.”

“No, no one else is involved.” Kyung answered quickly.

“It’s just the three of us.” I added.

“Sorry teacher. It won’t happen again!” Zico finished.

“So instead of going to lunch now, off you go to detention!” Teacher said.

We nodded at her and left the classroom. The rest of the boys were outside waiting for the three of us.

“We’re going to detention…” I announced.

“Jaehyo hyung, can you do anything?” Zico asked.

“Can you get us out of it?” Kyung added.

“I’m on it.” Jaehyo smiled and went back to the classroom.

Five minutes later, he came back out with a huge grin on his face. He placed his arm over my shoulder and we all just started walking to the canteen like nothing happened.

“What happened?” I asked him.

“You’re not going to detention.” Jaehyo answered smugly.

“What did you tell the teacher?” I gasped.

“Don’t worry about it. The important thing is I got you out of detention.”

“Thanks hyung!” Zico tapped Jaehyo on the shoulder.

“For that, I’ll buy you a chocolate bar!” Kyung laughed and ran to the nearest vending machine. I on the other hand was still clueless on how we got out of detention that easy. What could Jaehyo have possible said to the teacher to get us out of detention? On the first day of school, I remember U-Kwon saying that they pretty much run the school. If that was in any way true, could Jaehyo and the others control the school staff too? I shook my head and got rid of the ridiculous thought.

 

That night at the boarding house…

*KNOCK, KNOCK*

“It’s open!!” I shouted. I was just getting ready for bed.

“Hey Kira~” Jaehyo walked in my room and then locked my door.

“Hi oppa, what’s up?” I smiled at him and jumped on my bed.

“I’ve got something to give you baby,” Jaehyo smiled ily at me.

His hands were behind his back and he kept it there as he sat next to me. He looked into my eyes for a minute before he pecked me on the lips.

“Oh thanks…” I giggled and my lips. I wanted more than that.

“That’s one and this is the other one,” Jaehyo grinned and showed me a necklace he was holding. It was silver with a heart locket hanging on it.

“Wow… What’s the occasion?” I smiled widely as I looked at the necklace.

“Nothing. I just want to get my girlfriend a necklace~” Jaehyo smiled. “And besides it goes with the bracelet I gave you for your birthday…”

“Oh this bracelet that I never take off?” I grinned and held up my wrist.

“Yes that’s the one. Ya let me put the necklace on you.” He said.

“Araso…” I said and then collected all my hair to one side so that Jaehyo could put the necklace on me. I touched the heart locket which was now around my neck and smiled. I let go of my hair and Jaehyo wrapped his arms around my waist protectively. He rested his chin on my shoulder and we started swaying on the spot. I was just smiling to myself like an idiot.

“Thank you for the necklace,” I said after a few minutes of silence.

“You’re welcome baby~ I love you.” Jaehyo whispered and then kissed my neck and my shoulder giving me goose bumps all over.

“I love you too oppa. I really do.” I replied and then turned around to face him. I stared into his eyes and then kissed him lovingly and slowly. I bit on his lower lip just as our lips parted which made him smile.

“Can I sleep here tonight?” He requested.

“You can always sleep here oppa. You know that.” I giggled. I took his hand and then pulled him towards the bed. We both lay down and then covered ourselves with my duvet. We were facing each other and for a minute or two we were just staring at each other with smiles on our faces. Jaehyo then moved closer towards me making our foreheads touch and his arm placed on my waist. He kissed the tip of my nose and then my cheeks and leaving my lips for last. I wound my hand on his neck pulling him even closer and deepening our kiss. His hand had wandered under my pajama top and started my skin. When I was out of breath, I pushed him away gently. He was out of breath too but we just started smiling at each other.

“Before we get carried away,” I started. “Weren’t you the one who said you didn’t want to do it here in the boarding house cos you don’t want the others hearing?” I grinned at him. Jaehyo scoffed.

“Damn right I don’t want them to hear.” He said.

“Then we can’t get carried away then,” I laughed.

“Let’s just cuddle then…” Jaehyo smiled.

“I’d like that.” I smiled back. Jaehyo pulled me closer to him and hugged me tight with both arms. Burying my face into his chest, I dozed off.

2:23am

I suddenly woke up as I heard someone’s phone ringing. Jaehyo sat upright in bed and answered his phone. I was half asleep and I couldn’t really make-out what he was saying but I know that he sounded really worried. I felt so weak and sleepy that I wasn’t even able to speak so I just grabbed on to his hand. He squeezed it as he carried on talking and listening to the person on the other end of the phone. I tried my best to stay awake because I wanted to ask if everything was okay.

“I’ll be there as soon as I can. Thank you.” Jaehyo said and then flipped his phone shut. My eyes were halfway open and I felt Jaehyo let go of my hand.

There’s a huge possibility that I was dreaming. Maybe I was just dreaming.

“I love you Kira~” Jaehyo whispered and kissed my cheek.

“I… love-- you… too,” I managed to reply.

As my eyes completely closed, the last thing I saw was Jaehyo walking out of my bedroom. Where is he going at this time? But obviously as I was pretty much asleep, I couldn’t call after him. Instead I let sleep take me.

7:38am

I yawned out loud and stretched about. I rubbed my eyes and took the sunlight that was streaming through my windows. I vividly remember having this weird dream last night about Jaehyo talking to someone on the phone and then leaving my room abruptly with a final “I love you” to me.

I went to look on Jaehyo’s side of the bed but he wasn’t there. “Maybe he went to his bedroom.” I thought. I shrugged and then made my bed.

A few minutes later, I went to knock on Jaehyo’s bedroom but there was no answer. I walked in and saw no one. His bed was made and there was no sign of him at all. “Maybe he’s having a shower…” I thought.

But then I saw a random piece of paper on top of his study table. I walked over and grabbed the paper. What I read shocked me to the core.

Kira, I’m sorry. -Jaehyo”

Was this some kind of sick joke? Why would Jaehyo write this? What did he do? Where has he gone? What is he apologizing for? My heart thumped and could feel a lump in my throat. I didn’t feel well at all. I have a really bad feeling about this. I rushed out of Jaehyo’s bedroom and checked the other boys’ rooms. None of them were in there either so I thundered down the stairs to the kitchen where I found the six of them gathered around the dining table. They all had worried expressions on their faces. I clutched on Jaehyo’s note and walked towards the boys.

“Where’s Jaehyo?” I asked my voice shaking.

“We don’t know noona,” Ji Hoon answered.

“He left me this note. I don’t know what it means.” I said and handed them the note. Zico read it first and then he passed it on to the others.

“What does it mean??” I shook like a leaf.

“He left Kira…” Minhyuk responded. My heart sank. So last night wasn’t a dream. That was real. Jaehyo actually left me. But why?

“He left us a note too. It was on top of the dining table earlier.” U-Kwon said and handed me a piece of crumpled paper. I read it and started crying.

Please take care of Kira. -Jaehyo

“Why-- why did he-- why did he leave?” I sobbed.

“We don’t know…” Kyung answered.

U-Kwon quickly wiped my tears and hugged me tight.

“Did he tell you anything about something? Or was he acting at all weirdly lately?” Taeil asked. Minhyuk handed me a handkerchief.

“He had a phone call at about half past 2 this morning…” I said.

“From who?” Kyung asked.

“I don’t know. But Jaehyo was talking to them for a really long time. I was half asleep but I remember hearing him tell them that he’ll be there soon.”

The boys exchanged glances. They know something that I don’t know.

“And he left after that?” U-Kwon enquired. I nodded.

The boys exchanged glances once more. U-Kwon held my hand.

“I think we know where Jaehyo has gone,” Taeil started.

“Where?” My bottom lip quivered.

“You know Jaehyo hyung is really private about his personal life?” Kyung said. I nodded at him. I was beginning to get really nervous and scared.

“Well there’s a reason for that noona.” Ji Hoon added.

“Jaehyo hyung’s appa is the CEO of a very huge company in Taiwan while his umma is a well-known politician. Jaehyo hyung is the heir to his father’s business and there’s a possibility that he went to Taiwan.” Zico explained.

“Why did he keep all this from me?” I asked.

“Jaehyo hyung is filthy rich. And I mean filthy rich.” Kyung said.

“And so??” I don’t think that’s enough reason not to tell me stuff. I was aware that Jaehyo was rich but why did he have to keep secrets from me?

“You wonder how we got out of detention yesterday? Jaehyo simply talked to our teacher and reminded her that he could fire her.” Zico said.

“Fire her? Our teacher? But how???” I gasped.

“Jaehyo’s parents owns our school which means Jaehyo pretty much owns it too so he has that power.” Taeil answered. My mouth hanged open.

“He doesn’t tell people about this because he doesn’t want to be treated differently. He didn’t want girls to go out with him just cos of his family background…” Zico continued.