Chapter 31

Do You Wanna B? ‘Block B Club’.

3 days later…

 

“What class do we have next?” I asked as I got comfortable in my seat.

“We all have drama.” Taeil answered. It was our lunch time and we were all at the canteen. As usual after I eat my sandwich, Jaehyo would pass me an apple. Jaehyo grabbed my hand under the table and squeezed it. I looked at him and smiled. Recently school has been really boring for me. Jaehyo suggested doing extra-curricular activities but I’m just too lazy to do them. I’d rather go straight home after school rather than staying behind.

The bell rang and all of us stood up from our seats.

“I’ll meet you guys in class, I have to wait for Chani,” Minhyuk announced.
“Okay hyung,” Ji Hoon replied. Since Minhyuk and Chani started dating, Chani somehow got to change her classes about so that she’s with Minhyuk all the time. Since I have most of my classes with Minhyuk, I walk to my classes on my own because Chani is always with him now. Zico told me that I could change my classes too if I wanted to so I could be with Jaehyo but I really don’t want to seem clingy so I just decided to keep my classes.

“I want to go home,” I whined on the way to drama class.

“You never know, we might do something fun in drama,” Kyung said.

“When do we ever do something fun in drama? All we do is watch old movies and have role plays and act out scenarios.” I pouted.

“That’s not fun for you noona?” Ji Hoon inquired. I shook my head at him.

“Ya when is the school play??” Jaehyo asked.

“I’m hoping it’s soon! I want to be casted!” Zico chirped.

We entered the classroom and took our seats which are at the back. We all started talking amongst ourselves and I saw Minhyuk and Chani arrive holding hands. I don’t understand why I seemed so bothered so I went and kissed Jaehyo on the cheek. Our teacher arrived in a cheery mood.

“Listen up class, I’ve got great news!” She started.

My classmates and I fell silent and listened to her intently.

“Our school play will be held in a month and the drama committee have just picked the cast. And I’m happy to announce that the five lead actors in this year’s school play are from this class!” Teacher announced.

Applause broke out in the classroom and everyone suddenly got excited.

“So from today, during your drama class, you will rehearse for the school play and an hour everyday after school, you will also rehearse. I bet you want to know the cast now huh?” Teacher smiled.

“Ne!” We all chorused. Our teacher then took a piece of paper out of her blazer pocket. She put on her reading glasses before she talked again.

“Araso, this year’s school play will be Sleeping Beauty. I’m sure you are all familiar with that story.” Teacher started. “Anyway, Pyo Ji Hoon you will play King Hubert. Woo Ji Ho you will play King Stephen, Kim Hara you will play Queen and Inoue Kira you will play Maleficent the evil witch.”

My eyes widened. As if I’ve just been casted as the villain! Jaehyo placed his arm over my shoulder and then kissed the top of my head.

“You’ll do well,” he whispered.

“I don’t want to be the villain,” I pouted.

“You have no choice Kira baby!” U-Kwon grinned.

“And the big roles. Ahn Jaehyo you will play Prince Phillip and Chani you will play Aurora a.k.a Sleeping Beauty. Congratulations!” Teacher finished.

My jaw dropped. As if my ing boyfriend has just been paired with my ex-boyfriend’s girlfriend. Even Chani and Minhyuk looked a bit aghast.

“What??!” Jaehyo gasped.

“You’re gonna have to kiss Chani!” Kyung mentioned.
“ my life,” I breathed and covered my face with my hands.

“Hey, it’s gonna be okay.” Jaehyo grabbed my hand.

“Why can’t Minhyuk just be the Prince?” I gaped.

“Cos Jaehyo hyung looks more like a Prince,” Ji Hoon said.

“Isn’t that going to be awkward though? Aurora and Prince Phillip needs to have amazing chemistry so the actors playing them should have chemistry too. Jaehyo and Chani are just gonna have to work it,” Taeil said.

“The drama committee wouldn’t have chosen them if they knew they wouldn’t have chemistry.” Zico mentioned.

“Actually the drama committee could have casted them because they look good together.” Ji Hoon chipped in.

“So you’re saying Jaehyo and I don’t look good together?” I snapped.

Ji Hoon looked at me apologetically. I shouldn’t have snapped at him.

“Maybe you and Chani don’t have to kiss,” Zico said.

“Then how would Sleeping Beauty wake up??” I growled.

“Alarm clock?” U-Kwon said playfully. I sighed out loud.

“Congratulations to the lead cast. You may all make your way to the theatre now and the drama committee will be there to assign the rest of you your roles.” Teacher announced. We all collected our stuff and made our way to the theatre. Jaehyo and I kept quiet and I noticed that Chani and Minhyuk were quiet too. Ji Hoon and Zico however were buzzing cos they got the role of the two kings. When we got to the theatre, Minyoung and two other girls in her class were there along with the drama committee.

“Hey unnie! I’m in the school play too!” Minyoung told me cheerfully.

“Yeah and I’m the villain,” I huffed.

“I know right, my character despises you.” Minyoung grinned.

“Ya why are you in the school play? You can’t act!” Minhyuk hissed.

“I’m the talented sibling if you don’t remember.” Minyoung hissed back.

“Which character are you playing?” Zico asked.
“I’ll be the blue fairy, Merry weather!” Minyoung answered.

The two girls that are in Minyoung’s class were Hee Jin and Eun Rae.

They will play the red fairy Flora and the green fairy Fauna respectively.

I would have rather preferred to have been a silly little fairy than an evil witch that everyone hates. But unfortunately, life’s a .

We spent an hour in the theatre talking about the costumes of the characters. Kyung and Minhyuk were casted as castle guards while Taeil and U-Kwon were casted as town people. When the kiss scene arose, everyone in the theatre cheered. Minhyuk and I weren’t amused though. The people who were in charge of costumes called for Jaehyo and Chani so that they could their sizes for the costumes. Just then, Minyoung sat beside me.

“You know why my brother didn’t get the role of the prince?” She said.

“Wae?” I raised an eyebrow at her.

“Cos he talks funny,” She giggled.

“What do you mean?”

“Annyeong haseyo, Lee Minhyuk imnida!” Minyoung mimicked her brother. She did it the way Minhyuk talked, pouting. I started laughing out loud.

“I told you,” She giggled.

“He doesn’t talk funny; I’ve always liked the way he talked.” I sighed.

Minyoung’s facial expression changed drastically.

“Do you still have feelings for my brother?” She asked bluntly.

“W-what?” I gulped. I didn’t expect that question.

“Do you still have feelings for my brother?” She repeated.

“No. I-I don’t. N-no.” I stammered.

“You’re such a bad liar unnie,” Minyoung smirked before standing up and walking away leaving me with my complicated thoughts.

 

When the final bell rang at the end of the day, I scrunched up my face. Since I’m part of the lead cast, I have to go to the theatre and watch the others rehearse. All I wanted to do was to go home and sulk.

“You’re not angry at me are you?” Jaehyo asked me.

“I’m not angry at you. I’m angry at the drama committee.” I replied.

“Look, okay I have to kiss Chani but that won’t mean anything!”

“I know that but it’s not just going to be one kiss is it? You’re gonna have to rehearse that one kiss!” I whined. I don’t know why I was acting like this was such a big deal. Then again I am a girl. Everything is a big deal.

“Should I just tell the drama committee that I can’t play the Prince?”

“No, don’t do that~ not for me.” I sighed.

“You’re so cute when you’re jealous,” Jaehyo suddenly smiled.

“Shut up Prince Jaehyo!” I couldn’t help but smile at him.

Once we were back in the theatre, the drama committee suggested that we all read through our scripts. I have quite a few lines and to be honest I was dreading on trying to remember them all. All for one stupid school play.

“Can I have King Hubert, King Stephen, Queen and the young Prince Phillip please!” Mr. Shin shouted the head of the drama committee.

Ji Hoon, Zico, Hara and a boy from the year below went on stage to rehearse the first scene. The rest of us were sat down, reading through our scripts. Half an hour later, Mr. Shin came over to talk to me.

“Inoue Kira, we will rehearse your parts tomorrow. You may go now if you wish.” He told me firmly.

“Sir, can I go too?” Kyung asked.

“Who are you in the play Park Kyung?”

“I’m one of the castle guards! I’m going to be the greasy castle guard!” Kyung waggled his eyebrows. Mr. Shin looked at him weirdly.

“Yes, yes you may go.” He said and then walked off.

Kyung and I high fived each other and then said goodbye to everyone else.

“Kyung do you want to go to the mall with me?” I asked when we got out of the school grounds. There was nothing to do at the boarding house anyway.

“Ya! Kira! Kyung!” Taeil called from behind us. U-Kwon was behind him.

“You’re allowed to go home too?” I asked him.

“Ne, they can survive without our characters. Minhyuk hyung is allowed to go home too but he didn’t want to leave Chani,” U-Kwon said.

“Well we’re going to the mall if you guys want to come with?” I said.

“Nah I’ll go home and feed my fishes.” Taeil declined.

“I can’t, I’m wrapping a present for Rainee,” U-Kwon smiled.

“Araso, we’ll just see you later then!” Kyung waved.

U-Kwon and Taeil went the opposite way; the way to the boarding house while Kyung and I walked to the bus stop.

“So what are we gonna do?” Kyung asked once we got to the mall.

“I don’t know,” I chuckled.

“You dragged me all the way here and then you tell me you don’t have a plan?!” Kyung shouted at me jokingly.

“So? Let’s just spend time together. That hardly happens anymore, just the two of us.” I smiled and hooked my arm with his.

“That’s because you and Jaehyo hyung are always busy eating each other’s faces off…” Kyung roared with laughter.

“Ya, we don’t do that… Not in front of you guys anyway,” I giggled.

“Kira you .” He pinched my cheeks.

“I am not a you cucumber.” I pinched his cheeks.

We went into the arcades and looked around until we found the air hockey table. Kyung placed a coin into the slot and we started playing. I was beating him with the score 4-3 but then he went on a rampage and scored 4 points straight, beating me.

“And the greasy cucumber wins!” Kyung waved his arms up in the air.

“I let you win,” I smiled slyly.

“Oh please,” Kyung rolled his eyes.

We walked out of the arcade and just walked around the shopping wall, window shopping. I tried on some clothes while Kyung looked at some shoes. Afterwards we went to get some ice cream at the ice cream parlour. We decided to eat it on the way to the bus stop cos we didn’t want to be late for dinner. Taeil and Jaehyo are really touchy about that. On the way out of the shopping mall, I saw someone familiar at the other side of the road.

“Hey Kyungie, isn’t that Rainee?” I enquired. Kyung looked closely.

“Ne that’s her and that’s now U-Kwon with her.” He tutted.

I looked again and saw that Rainee was with some other boy. I would just guess that they were friends or even cousins but they started to hold hands. Mine and Kyung’s jaw dropped on the ground.

“Kira are you seeing what I’m seeing?” Kyung gulped.

“Uh-huh, but wait maybe they’re just really close?” I said.

It was better to give someone the benefit of a doubt rather than jump to awful conclusions. I didn’t want to be a pessimist. But I had the reason to jump to conclusions because in this case, to see is to believe. The boy Rainee was with suddenly kissed her on the lips and she kissed him back.

“Oh my god,” I breathed. Kyung and I exchanged worried glances.

 

Once we have taken what we just saw, we hurriedly went back to the boarding house. Kyung and I spent a good 2 hours at the mall so the others should be back at the boarding house by now.
“Are you going to tell him?” Kyung asked in a hushed tone once we were in the boarding house. My heart started beating like crazy.

“I have to, don’t I?” I sighed.

“Tell who what?” Jaehyo appeared, startling Kyung and I.

“Come on, let’s go to the kitchen.” I said.

Luckily the rest of the boys were there apart from U-Kwon.

“Where’s Kwonnie?” I asked.

“He’s in his bedroom.” Taeil answered.

“What’s going on?” Minhyuk asked. Kyung looked at me and smiled sadly.

“Kyung and I saw Rainee kissing another guy,” I blurted out.

The boys gasped. They were all as astounded and shocked as Kyung and I had been. It was a good couple of seconds before someone talked again.

“Rainee? Chinchanayo??” Jaehyo mused. I nodded.

“But she seems so docile,” Minhyuk commented.

“I know. I still can’t believe it.” Kyung agreed.

“Hyung what does docile mean?” Ji Hoon asked.

“Like quiet, easy to control and unlikely to cause trouble.” Minhyuk replied.

“You have to tell U-Kwon.” Zico said.

“It would be the right thing to do Kira.” Taeil added.

“Can one of you just tell him instead of me? I don’t want to break the news to him. It will just kill me!” I whined.

“If one of us tells him, he’s likely to punch us. Since you’re a girl, he won’t punch you.” Zico made a good point. I let out a sigh.

“I’ll be right outside his bedroom.” Jaehyo assured me.

“Here, just in case he breaks down.” Minhyuk said. He took a lollipop out of his pockets and handed it to me. Lollipops always made U-Kwon smile.

So afterwards I headed off to U-Kwon’s bedroom accompanied by Jaehyo.

I knocked on his door and only shouted for me to come in. As he said, Jaehyo stayed out in the hallway. I found U-Kwon sitting down on his bed surrounded by pink wrapping paper.

“Minhyuk told me to give you this,” I handed him the lollipop.

“Oh thanks Kira baby~” U-Kwon grinned cutely.

“So how comes you didn’t hang out with Rainee today?”
“She said she was going shopping with her friends.” He answered.

“Look Kwonnie I need to talk to you.” I said nervously.
“Sure Kira baby, what’s up?” He asked coolly. I took a deep breath.

“Before I tell you what I’m about to tell you, I just want you to know that I love you very much. We all love you very much and we’re here for you.

I’m here for you no matter what. Araso?” I blubbered.

“I love you very much too Kira honey~ what’s going on?” He said.

“Rainee is cheating on you.” I blurted out. I looked away from U-Kwon because I didn’t want to see his heartbroken expression.

“Kira what are you talking about?” U-Kwon scoffed.

“Kyung and I saw her earlier at the mall kissing someone else. I’m really sorry.” I started shaking whilst talking.

“I don’t believe you.” U-Kwon growled.

“I’m not lying Kwonnie; I would never lie to you.” I said truthfully.

“Just because my full attention is not on you anymore, you tell me these lies!!! Rainee would never do that to me!” U-Kwon shouted.

“U-Kwon listen to me, she’s cheating on you!” I shouted back.

“Kira just leave me alone. I have had enough of your bull!” U-Kwon yelled in anger. I grabbed his wrist and stopped him from leaving the room.

“I said leave me alone!” He roared and then pushed me away.

I started crying as he slammed the door. Jaehyo walked in and took me in his arms.