Chapter 3.

Do You Wanna B? ‘Block B Club’.

After walking for about 5 minutes, a beautiful building came into view. I’ve only seen Seoul Music High on the internet and I never actually thought that a school can be this beautiful. It makes Yumkwang High look like a giant dumpster. Seoul Music High was this tall white building which looked more like a company rather than a high school. The boys led the way inside the school and I looked around the massive place. Other students looked and stared at me but I’m not exactly sure why. Was it because I was fresh meat or was it because I was walking with the boys?

“Let’s go to the common room shall we?” Zico announced.

I followed them to the common room where the rest of the students in our year was. Everyone was chatting happily, laughing and messing about with their friends while I was just hiding behind the boys. In the middle of the common room was a desk and a chair where a member of the school faculty was sitting down, heaps of folders and papers placed on top of the desk.
The boys formed an orderly queue in front of her desk. I was behind U-Kwon in the queue while Jaehyo was behind me. At the corner of my eye, I saw 3 girls pointing at me and at U-Kwon. They started whispering and I just got the feeling that they might have been whispering about U-Kwon carrying my backpack. U-Kwon saw them staring at him and he just gave them a flirty wave plus a smile that made the girls giggle uncontrollably.

I watched as one by one the boys got a folder from the teacher that was sat behind the desk. The boys then started taking a seat as they looked at the contents of the folder. When I got my folder, I shyly sat beside Taeil.

“Ya Kira, let us see your timetable,” Zico called me. I nodded at him and took my school timetable from the folder. Without looking at it, I handed it to Zico.

I watched as he compared it to his timetable and then to the other boys’.

“Minhyuk hyung, looks like you’ll be Kira’s guide to the school.” Zico declared.

My eyes widened. Of all people, I get the mean, obnoxious one to be my chaperone?! I would have jumped up and down with joy if I got the serious Taeil. At least he’s nice. But Minhyuk with the pink hair? He’s arrogant as hell.

He didn’t even look too bothered with what Zico just announced. He just shrugged and then pursed his lips.

“Do we all have the same break time and lunch?” I asked.

“Oh ne,” Zico nodded with glee.

“Break time is after Period 1 and 2.” Taeil said.

“Lunch time is after Period 3 and 4.” Ji Hoon added. Zico handed me back my timetable and when I looked at it, he has wrote stuff on it. I have the same Food Tech class & Maths class with all the boys while I have the same Music class with Jaehyo. Other than that, I have Minhyuk. Just then, the bell rang.

“Ya we have Textiles for Period 1!” Kyung laughed.

“I have P.E.” I grumbled. I heard Minhyuk sigh out loud.

“I’ll see you on break…” Jaehyo whispered to me.

“Ya Minhyuk hyung, you’ll take care of Kira won’t you?” Zico asked.

“He will.” Taeil glared at the pink haired guy.

“Yeah whatever.” Minhyuk replied coldly.

U-Kwon handed me my backpack with a smile.

“See you later cutie,” He winked at me before following the other boys out of the common room. And then it was just me and Minhyuk left. He took one look at me and then sighed again. What the hell was his problem?

“Come on then,” He said and then walked away from me. I struggled to keep up with him as he was such a fast walker.

“Ya, wait for me! I’ll get lost!” I called after him but he didn’t look back. I ran as fast as I could to catch up with him but other students kept on blocking my way. He turned to the right and I followed, still running but when I turned right; I didn’t realize that he had stopped walking so I ran into his back.

My face hit his backpack. He looked at me and then laughed.

“What are you doing?” He asked, still laughing.

“You were walking too fast.” I pouted.

“Were you trying to back hug me?” He asked with a smirk.

“What? No!” I answered in a high pitched tone.

“Sure, I believe you. Come on, this way to the gym.” He said.

“Fine. But please take that stupid smirk off your face!” I hissed.

So P.E. class was a complete waste of time. After the teacher introduced himself, he basically left the gym. Minhyuk talked to our other classmates and he completely ignored me even though I was sitting beside him.

I had no choice but to just sit there and look like a lemon.

At one point, I got so bored that I buried my face into my backpack.

It smelled of U-Kwon. It made me smile.

“Why are you smiling?” Minhyuk asked me.

“Why do you care?” I asked him back.

“I don’t.” He quipped and then returned to ignoring me.

On the way to Textiles, Minhyuk walked fast again but this time I didn’t run after him. Instead I relied on my school map to find the classroom.

Sure I was late for 5 minutes but the teacher didn’t mind. She was nice, the Textiles teacher. Although she made me stand in front of the class to introduce myself.

“Annyeong haseyo, Inoue Kira imnida.” I announced shyly.

“Welcome to Seoul Music High School Kira, take that empty seat beside Minhyuk…” The teacher told me. I smiled at her and then made my way to my seat. Minhyuk watched as I placed my backpack on the floor.

“Where were you??” He asked.

“I lost you. You were walking too fast.” I spat.

“It’s not my fault you can’t keep up.” He hissed.

“Well it’s not my fault that you’re a complete and total dickhead.” I hissed back. That shut him up. He looked away from me with an embarrassed expression. I wasn’t even sorry. He is a dickhead.

As the lesson started, I concentrated and listened to the teacher even though Textiles bored the out of me. I wrote notes; I raised my hand up when I knew the answer, etc. When the teacher told us to write the stuff she was writing on the board, the girl behind me didn’t have a pen so I lend her one. When I looked back down on my notebook, there was a piece of folded paper on top. I opened it and then read the message:

Mianhaeyo…Yongseo?”

I looked at Minhyuk and he was writing down on his notebook. Just by reading that note from him, all my anger towards him seemed to have dispensed. Maybe he wasn’t such a dickhead after all. I didn’t answer his note nor we talked during class. When the lesson finished, I blew a sigh of relief because it was finally break time. On the way to the canteen, Minhyuk kept up with my pace. We didn’t talk but I was glad that he actually meant his apology. When we got to the canteen, I quickly scanned the place and looked for the other boys. They were sitting down on the chairs and table which was in the middle of the canteen. When they saw me, they quickly smiled at me.

“Hi Kira! Come sit here!” Kyung said as he offered the empty seat next to him. I sat down and then I saw that U-Kwon was sitting in front of me, Jaehyo on his right side and Zico on his left side. Minhyuk sat next to JiHoon and Taeil. The canteen was filled with students and the noise was unbearable. However I rather be in the canteen than in a classroom.

“Here you go…” Jaehyo smiled passing me an apple.

“Gomawo,” I replied shyly. The other boys were eating fruits too.

“How was Period 1 and Period 2 for you?” Taeil asked me.

“Boring as hell,” I answered honestly.

“We didn’t do anything in P.E.” Minhyuk said.

“We did do something in Textiles though…” I said.

“Oh so you two are getting along fine then?” Zico inquired.

“Sure,” Minhyuk and I blushed.

“Ya hyung, where is Minyoung?” Ji Hoon asked Minhyuk.

“Oh ne, I want to see her!” Zico added.

“I don’t know and I don’t care.” Minhyuk answered flatly.

“You never know, she’ll just pop out somewhere…” U-Kwon grinned.

“She might be under the table.” Kyung chuckled.

“Whose Minyoung?” I mouthed to Jaehyo.

“Minhyuk hyung’s dongsaeng.” He mouthed back to me.

The rest of the day was a blur. After break was Maths and I had all the boys with me which was great fun. After that was Physics and Minhyuk continued being nice to me which I really appreciated. Lunch time was just busy, the queue at the canteen was unbelievable but I still got to eat which is the important thing. The bell rang indicating that the last period of the day is about to commence. I sighed as I put my water bottle back in my backpack.

“You have Jaehyo now,” Minhyuk nudged me.

“Huh?” I responded.

“You have music class next right?” He asked.

“Ne,” I answered while quickly looking at my timetable.

“You have me,” Jaehyo suddenly appeared beside me.

“What about you guys?” I asked them.

“We have a different music class than you two.” Zico answered.

“We’ll see you back at the boarding house!” Taeil said.

I waved at them all goodbye as they went a different way than Jaehyo and I.

Jaehyo was very different from Minhyuk. For one, Jaehyo had been nice to me from the beginning while Minhyuk is just probably warming up to me. Jaehyo and I walked together side by side to Music class while he told me about the school and stuff. We were the first ones in the classroom apart from the teacher. I really needed to go to the toilet so I asked the teacher if she could excuse me for 5 minutes. She said since I was early for her class, she let me. Jaehyo gave me directions to where the toilet was and then I sprinted out of the classroom. When I returned, the classroom was half full. As I walked back to my seat next to Jaehyo, I saw him looking around the room, looking like he was in deep thought and he was murmuring to himself. I tried to make what he was murmuring about but I couldn’t as it call came out gibberish. It was cute though.

“Are you okay?” I asked him. He lost his train of thought and then smiled at me. His eyes sparkled and I couldn’t help but admire his attractiveness.

“Just thinking,” He said.

The lesson started and I found out that our Music teacher was actually a new teacher to this school so she was just getting to know everyone aswell.

“Who here plays the guitar?” She asked the class. 6 people raised their hands.

“Who here plays the drums?” She asked again. About 4 people raised their hands. I wonder if Jaehyo played an instrument.

“Who here plays the piano?” Nearly half of the class raised their hands.

“How about violin?” The teacher asked. I shyly raised my hand.

I was the only one in the class who plays the violin.

“Do you have a violin?” Jaehyo whispered.

“I do,” I replied with a smile.

“Who here sings then?” The teacher asked. This was when Jaehyo raised his hand proudly. I was usually attracted to guys who could play an instrument but Jaehyo I didn’t mind. He could just sing me a lullaby.

“Are you any good?” I asked him.
 

“I’m awesome.” He grinned at me cheesily.