Chapter 25

Do You Wanna B? ‘Block B Club’.

{U-Kwon’s POV}

It’s Friday! It’s the last day of exams and everyone is just so happy. Everyone apart from Kira and Minhyuk hyung. They have broken up and we’re not even sure why. Jaehyo hyung seems to know what exactly happened but he won’t tell us anything. Kira won’t talk to anyone apart Jaehyo hyung and Minhyuk hyung won’t talk to anyone apart from that girl Chani. I can tell Kira is depressed about the break-up because she hasn’t been eating much. All of us are really worried about her. She’s just been studying hard for the exams and that’s about it. She’s not sleeping well either because every time I get up late at night, I could hear her crying in her bedroom. I would come and console her but Jaehyo hyung always beats me to it. I think he camps outside her bedroom waiting for her to cry.

“Kwon~ do you have anything to do later after the exams?” Minhyuk hyung nudged me. We were at the canteen eating our lunch. Not long now and the last exam of the day is about to commence.

“Not really~ Wae?” I responded.

“Do you wanna go shopping with me?” Minhyuk hyung asked me.

“Uhh sure hyung…” I smiled at him.

Maybe he’ll open up to me about Kira. Just then Kira and Jaehyo arrived. Jaehyo hyung had a smile on his face but Kira looked miserable. Obviously not because of Jaehyo’s company but because of her break-up with Minhyuk. I wonder who broke up with whom. When Minhyuk looked up and saw them, he stood up and took his backpack.

“See you guys later…” He said and walked out of the canteen without taking another glance at Kira or Jaehyo. Kira’s eyes followed him until he was nowhere to be seen. I stared at her and she looked like she was about to break down in tears. Jaehyo immediately put an arm over her.

“Kira noona are you okay?” Ji Hoon asked worriedly.

“I’m fine maknae… Thank you.” Kira cleared .

She sat down in between Zico and me while Jaehyo sat across us. I finished off my sandwich and then drank all my soda when I felt Kira rest her head on my shoulder. I looked at her and she was staring blankly at nothing.

She sighed out loud and all of us smiled at her sadly.

“Cheer up Kira baby~ do you want a kiss from your U-Kwon oppa?” I asked her. She looked at me and flashed a smile. I smiled widely at her.

I haven’t seen her properly smile for ages.

“Why would she want a kiss from you?” Kyung sniggered.

“Actually I would oppa~” Kira suddenly spoke. She tapped her cheek twice.

Kyung’s jaw dropped and I stuck my tongue out at him before I leaned in and gave Kira a sweet kiss on her cheek. Zico, Kyung and Taeil wolf-whistled. I usually don’t blush after I kiss a girl but this time I blushed. Kira’s cheeks turned a faint red colour too with all the wolf-whistling.

“Noona cheer up araso? If you want I can lend you Toto tonight?” Ji Hoon told Kira. She grinned at the maknae and simply nodded.

 

*RING*
The final bell rang and I couldn’t help but put my fist up in the air with joy. The rest of my classmates were overjoyed as well because of the end of the horrifying exams. I grabbed my backpack and walked out of the classroom happily. Out in the hallway was Minhyuk hyung looking glum.

“Hey hyung,” I greeted him in a chirpy tone.

“Shall we make a move-on?” he asked flatly.

“Araso,” I responded. His gloomy mood seems to be affecting me because all the way to the shopping centre, both of us kept silent. None of us dared to speak a word to one another. As we walked into the shopping centre, I decided to break the silence. I’m never silent. I’m loud, happy U-Kwon!

I shouldn’t let my hyung’s gloomy mood affect me.

My happy-always silly mood should affect him!
“Why did you want to go shopping with me today?” I asked Minhyuk hyung who was looking at his feet as he walked.

“Cos Chani is busy. I needed someone with me.” He blurted out.

Oh so if Chani wasn’t busy he wouldn’t even have bothered to ask me.

I was just second best. I hated being second best. It seemed like I’m always second best. It’s not fair especially if I put those people first best.

“Oh alright… I get it…” I frowned.

“I didn’t mean it that way~” Minhyuk sighed. I walked into an anime shop and he couldn’t do anything but follow me inside.

“U-Kwon ah what I meant was, I actually wanted to hang out with you today. I wanted to talk to you.” He admitted.

“Alright hyung. You can talk to me.” I patted him on the shoulder.

We bought a few snacks and we sat on one of the benches inside the shopping centre. Not only Minhyuk hyung looked depressed; he also looked completely exhausted. I guess he hasn’t been sleeping well lately either.

“What happened between you and Kira?” I asked him straight-forwardly.

“We broke-up.” He answered quickly.

“I know you broke up. What I’m asking is, why?”

“She broke up with me. I really couldn’t do anything about it.”

“Did she have a reason hyung?” I pried.

“I remember every single word she said. She said she wanted a break because she was tired of all the sudden arguing, all the ing jealousy, all the ing pressure…” Minhyuk hyung trailed off.

“Jealousy? Oh yeah she was jealous of Chani…”

“And I was jealous of Jaehyo.” He admitted.

“I thought that was all in the past? Besides, Jaehyo hyung was only tutoring her that’s why they’ve been spending so much time with each other.” I said. Why was I defending Jaehyo hyung all of a sudden?

“U-Kwon you know Jaehyo’s feelings for Kira.”

“I know that. But maybe he’s already gotten over her?”

“He loves her. He can’t just get over her that quickly! Kira told me that they are best friends which mean they are really close… Now that Kira is vulnerable, do you honestly believe that her best friend who loves her is not going to take advantage of the situation?” He grumbled.

As a matter of fact, he had a point. But hang on a minute…

“Kira told you that Jaehyo is her best friend? I thought I was her best friend!!!” I gasped my jaw dropping on the ground.

“Kwon~ can we stay on the subject at hand?” He sighed.

“Right, mian mian… I guess you’re right but shouldn’t we give Jaehyo hyung the benefit of the doubt? We both know that he’s a good guy.” I said.

“Maybe. But Kwon-ah, I want Kira back. Do you think she wants me back?”

“I’m sure she does. I hear her every night pining for you. She often cries herself to sleep. Just talk to her. Sort this all out.” I told him.

“I will. Thanks U-Kwon. I knew I could count on you.” He smiled.

“But hyung if you and Kira don’t get back together, can I ask her out?” I grinned widely. He wasn’t impressed though as he shot me a death glare.

 

We spent three hours in the shopping centre going through the shops. I also managed to get him to come with me to the pet shop where I looked at the cats. Before we left, we went to the arcades to play some video games.

On the way out of the shopping centre, I saw a cute girl running towards me. She wasn’t looking at where she was going. I was frozen on the spot and she bumped into me quite hard. I fell on the ground along with her. She ended on top of me and I gulped as I felt her sweet breath on my face.

She was staring down at me with an embarrassed expression.

“Uhh~ oppa mianhaeyo!” She said cutely her cheeks blushing like mad.

Minhyuk hyung helped her up and I stood up and brushed the dirt off of me.

“It’s okay…” I smiled at her trying to work my charm on her.

“Mianhaeyo, mianhaeyo! Rainee pabo! Aish!” She said as she bowed low.

“Ya stop apologizing~” I told her.

“Kwon I’ll meet you at the bus stop.” Minhyuk said and walked away.

I looked back at the cute girl in front of me who was still blushing.

“What’s your name?” I asked her.

Rainee (pronounced as “Rainy”) imnida!” She smiled and held her hand out for me to shake. I shook it gently and continued smiling at her.

“Will oppa tell me his name?” She crooned.

“U-Kwon imnida~ nice to meet you Rainee… I like your name…” I grinned.

“Kamsahamnida!” She smiled at me. I admired her cute eye-smile.

“So you go to Yumkwang High?” I asked her as I looked at her uniform.

“Ne! You go to Seoul Music High right?” She asked.

“Ne… Why were you running?”

“Oh me and my friends were having a race…” She blushed again.

“I’m guessing you won?” I chuckled a little.

“Rainee-ah!!! Rainee-ah!!!” Someone called for her.

We both turned around and saw 3 girls running towards us.

“Oppa I have to go now… Sorry for knocking you over again.” She said.

“I won’t forgive you if you keep on apologizing…” I pouted.

“Araso~” She smiled once again making me giddy. But before she could walk away from me and probably out of my life forever, I grabbed hold of her wrist gently. She turned around and stared at me awkwardly.

“C-can I have y-your number?” I stammered.

What’s going on Kim Yoo Kwon?! You never stammer! Especially not in front of girls! Asking girls for their number is one of your talents! Get a grip!

“Sure oppa…” She smiled. She then took out a piece of paper and a pen from her bag. She wrote her name and number quickly and gave it to me.

“I’ll wait for oppa’s call.” She waved and then joined her friends.

I waved at her until she was out of sight. I looked at the piece of paper and I saw her name and her number and at the bottom, she scribbled three love hearts. I grinned widely and kissed the paper.

 

At the boarding house…

“U-Kwon why are you smiling like a freak?” Kyung hyung asked me.

“I’m just happy.” I answered.

“You’re always happy hyung!” Ji Hoon said.

“Exactly…” I nodded at him.

Zico was sitting down on the floor playing a guitar, Taeil hyung and Jaehyo hyung was cooking in the kitchen while Kyung, Ji Hoon and Minhyuk hyung were here with me in the lounge watching TV.

“I know you’re always happy but your happiness seems to be a little different today…” Kyung narrowed his eyes at me.

“What do you mean hyung?” Ji Hoon asked.

“AH! Did you get laid???” Kyung grinned.

“What?! No!” I gasped.

“He met a girl today though~” Minhyuk hyung blabbered.

“Ah that’s it then… So he’ll soon get laid… That’s why he’s happy.” Zico chuckled. Kyung chuckled along with him.

“Who’s going to get laid?” Jaehyo hyung appeared.

“Not you obviously…” Kyung laughed.

“Shut up cucumber!” Jaehyo spat.

“Jaehyo! Something’s burning!” Taeil shouted from the kitchen.

Jaehyo ran back to the kitchen in a hurry.

“What’s her name hyung?” Ji Hoon asked me.

“Rainee…” I mumbled shyly.

“So your couple name can be U-Rai?” Kyung suggested.

“How about U-Rae?” Zico suggested.

“We’re not a couple!” I shouted. “Yet…” I thought.

Just then Kira arrived. Minhyuk hyung shot me a glance.

I pulled him out of the lounge and we went to the hallway.

“Hyung talk to her now…” I told him.

“Araso…” He took a deep breath. I followed him upstairs to Kira’s bedroom.

Minhyuk hyung knocked three times and Kira shouted, “come in”. Minhyuk walked in and I pressed my ear against the door so I could listen to their conversation. I hope it goes well.

Minhyuk: “Kira-shi~ can we talk?”

Kira: “What about?”

Minhyuk: “About us…”

Kira: “Hmm…”

Minhyuk: “I want us to get back together.”

Kira: “I don’t want to.”

Minhyuk: “What?”

Kira: “I don’t think we should get back together.”

Minhyuk: “But… But why?”

Kira: “After all that had happened, I felt really pressured. I don’t like feeling pressured especially when I’m in a relationship.”

Minhyuk: “Kira you’re being unreasonable.”

Kira: “I think it’s better if we just stay friends,”

Minhyuk: “I don’t want to be just friends with you.”

Kira: “I’m sorry~”

I heard Minhyuk hyung’s footsteps nearing the door so I made way. He was wiping his tear stained cheeks when he walked out. Without saying a word to me, he just went and locked himself in his bedroom. I looked into Kira’s bedroom and she was on her bed, curled up like a ball.

“Kira baby, why did you do that?” I asked her.

“It’s for the best…” She sniffed.

“The best for who exactly?”

“Everyone.” She muttered.
“Oh Kira…” I sighed.

{End of U-Kwon's POV}

 

Author’s Note:

Hi readers! Don’t hate Kira okay? ^^

She’s just in a very bad place right now. She’s not thinking straight.

Anyway what do you think of U-Kwon finally meeting a girl? Kkk~

Let me know what you think of this update! ^^

~ {JL}