Chapter 23

Do You Wanna B? ‘Block B Club’.

A few weeks later…

 

I sighed out loud in frustration as I stared at my Calculus book. I honestly don’t get it at all. Not even one bit. I felt an arm snake around my waist.

“Kira what’s the matter?” Minhyuk crooned.

“I hate Calculus.” I grumbled. “Can you make it disappear?”

“I wish I can…” Minhyuk chuckled lightly.

“Noona~ relax. Exams are not til next week.” Ji Hoon said.

“I can’t relax. Its next week! Our first exams are Maths…” I pouted.

“I wish I can help you but Maths is not my specialty…” Minhyuk said.

“Ya Jaehyo is the Maths wizard, he’d tutor you.” Taeil mentioned.

“Jaehyo will you tutor Kira?” Minhyuk asked.

“Please oppa?” I said, fluttering my eyelashes at the pretty boy.

“Sure~” Jaehyo replied with a smile.

“There you go jagiya~ now you can relax.” Minhyuk said giving me a kiss on the cheek. “I’m sure you’ll ace the Maths exam…”

“Jaehyo hyung can you tutor me on Maths too?” Zico asked.

“No.” Jaehyo smirked.

I shut my Calculus book and slipped it into my backpack. I quickly finished the apple that Jaehyo gave me while the others scoffed their crisps.

“Kira baby~ if you need any more tutoring, I can help too.” U-Kwon winked.

“Hyung I don’t think Kira needs tutoring in education.” Kyung sniggered.

“Besides what would you know about education when you are ?” Zico added. U-Kwon blushed like a beetroot.

“I’m not a .” He yelped.

“All of us are s apart from MinhyuKira.” Taeil mentioned.

“I’m not a .” U-Kwon repeated.

“Yes you are Kwon. Just admit it.” Jaehyo teased.

“Guys~ stop it.” I said. “U-Kwon oppa I believe you.”

“Chincha?” U-Kwon grinned. I nodded at him.

“Gomawo! So yeah if you need tutoring in P.E., I can help you!” He said.

“Thanks~” I smiled at him.

“OMONA. I’m a cucumber.” Kyung stated.

 

After school, Jaehyo and I were on our usual walk home. We bought two milkshakes on the way and he just finished his.

“You drink so slow Kira,” he laughed.

“I like to savour my milkshake…” I grinned. I then had the sudden urge to ask him a very personal question. I cleared my throat before speaking.

“Oppa, can I ask you a very personal question?” I started.

“I guess.” He laughed nervously.

“We’re best friends after all so you won’t lie to me right?”

“What is it Kira?”

“Are you really still a ?” I blushed automatically after I asked.

“Ne…” He answered along with a shrug.

“How comes?”

“I don’t want to give it up just for some girl. Or for just the sake of that being that anymore. I’m waiting for someone special… When that moment comes, I want it to be special…” He blushed.

“Aw that’s so sweet.” I crooned.

“Yeah I can be a sweetheart at times…” He grinned cheekily.

“Don’t worry I won’t tell the others what you just told me. I know they’ll take the piss out of you…” I giggled.
“Thanks Kira,” He blew a sigh of relief. “Hey since I’m tutoring you in Maths, will you do something for me?”

“Sure, anything.”

“You know our exams in Music will be practical?”

“Ne…”
“Well I don’t play any instruments so for our practical exam; I’m going to sing… Will you be like my vocal coach and tell me what I’m doing right and wrong?” He said.

“Oh yeah, I’ll do that no problem… You can do the same for me when I practice playing my violin!” I grinned.

“Great!” He grinned back at me. I decided to link my arm with his.

 

Friday night came and we were all cramming. We were all in the lounge, books and notebooks surrounding us and relaxing music was playing in the background. For the past few days, Jaehyo tried his best to tutor me in Maths. I tried my best to learn but my miniature brain doesn’t want to cooperate. Apart from Maths, I’ve also got 6 other subjects to study for so basically I am really stressed.

“Hey Kira, you got this equation right. Well done.” Jaehyo told me.

“Thank goodness. Guess I’m not that dumb after all.” I sighed.

“After the exams on Monday do you wanna stay after so we can use the practice room?” Jaehyo inquired. I nodded at him.

“Is your music exam on Tuesday then?” Taeil asked.

“Unfortunately…” I frowned.

“I don’t know why you’re so worried; you’re going to pass Music easily! You are a great violinist!” Kyung commented.

“Thanks~” I said, still sounding unsure of myself.

“Do you want me to watch you practice on Monday?” Minhyuk asked.

“That won’t be necessary oppa, I’ll just be distracted.” I told him.

Since I’ve been spending a lot of time with Jaehyo lately, Minhyuk and I haven’t had much time for each other. Jaehyo is nice enough to help me study for the other subjects as well. For the past few days, everyday after school Jaehyo and I will go straight home and study straight away. After dinner, I’ll usually be too tired to do anything so I go to sleep right away. At school I use my time wisely. I go to the library to study every time I get free time. I can’t even remember the last time I had a proper conversation with Minhyuk. I miss him but I really want to focus on the exams right now.

“Okay…” Minhyuk smiled sadly and returned to reading his Biology book.

There was a sudden awkwardness in the room and the others exchanged a few worried glances amongst themselves.

 

Monday.

“Good luck,” Minhyuk whispered to me just as the teacher told us to start answering our Maths exams. I flashed him a quick smile.

I stared at the exam paper in front of me and smiled. Everything that Jaehyo taught me was here. Maybe I will ace this exam.

I answered every equation and questions confidently not having the need to double check any of it. For the first time in my life, I was liking Maths.

An hour past and the bell rang. The teacher collected our exam papers.

All of us walked out of the classroom and made our way to the canteen.

“OMO Jaehyo oppa! Thank you so much!” I shrieked and gave him a back hug. At the corner of my eye I swear I saw Minhyuk look upset.

“You’re welcome Kira,” Jaehyo responded, tapping my hands.

“Minhyuk oppa!” A familiar voice called the name of my boyfriend.

I turned around to see Chani running towards Minhyuk with a big grin on her face. The other boys eyed me carefully.

“Hey Chani,” Minhyuk greeted her cheerfully.

“You’re still coming over later right?” Chani inquired.

My eyes widened in shock. What the hell is going on?!

“Ne I will. I’ll see you later after school.” Minhyuk smiled at her.

“Yay! See you then! Oh hello Kira-shi!” She turned to me.

“Hey you.” I forced a smile. Why is my boyfriend going to her house?

I’m aware that she’s got this huge crush on Minhyuk. No wonder she’s so excited about him going to her house. BUT WHY?!

Chani walked away from us with a silly grin on her face. We reached the canteen and all of us were silent. Minhyuk excused himself to go to the toilet. I stared at each one of the boys.

“Why is Minhyuk going to Chani’s house later?” I asked.

“I don’t know…” Taeil answered.

“I have no idea, sorry Kira baby~” U-Kwon said.

“Don’t know either.” Kyung said.

“Chani noona has a grand piano at her house. Minhyuk hyung is going over there so he can practice for his practical exam for Music.” Ji Hoon said.

“How do you know that?” Taeil asked him.

“I heard them talking about it last week,” Ji Hoon answered.

I pouted like a fish. U-Kwon poked me on the sides.

“Are you jealous Kira baby?” He asked in a sing-song voice.

“Of course she’s jealous. Look there’s steam coming out from her ears.” Kyung laughed. Minhyuk returned.

“What’s coming out of whose ear?” He questioned.

“Nothing and no one.” I gulped.

“Chani is the one who has a crush on Minhyuk hyung right?” Jaehyo said.

“Ne, she’s the one.” Zico responded.

“Ah we don’t have to talk about that do we?” Minhyuk grumbled.

“Yes we do cos Kira noona is je-kjdewifhkwf!” Ji Hoon blabbered but I managed to cover his mouth just before he could say, “jealous”.

 

At the practice room, I’ve started playing my violin. Of course I wasn’t completely focused because I know that right now, Minhyuk is at Chani’s house. I trust him that he wouldn’t cheat on me but I can’t seem to feel relaxed at the fact that he’s with another girl. Not just some girl.

A girl who fancies the pants off him.

“Kira you have to focus.” Jaehyo told me, breaking my thoughts.

“Sorry.” I blinked a couple of times.

“You just played really badly then… Almost every note was out of tune.” Jaehyo stated whilst scratching the back of his head.

“Sorry.” I repeated.

“Loosen your hand a bit.” He said.
“What?”

“Your hand. Loosen it. You’re holding the bow too strongly. You might snap it in half…” He laughed lightly. I smiled a little. Jaehyo walked over to me and grabbed my right hand where I was holding the bow.

“Relax your hand and pretend that what you’re holding is the most delicate thing in the world…” He murmured while my fingers gently.

I loosened my grip on the bow and I blushed like a fool too.

“Try and play better this time,” Jaehyo smiled at me. I nodded.

Keeping my grip loose on the bow I started playing. I closed my eyes as I let the tune coming out from my violin relax me. When I finished, I was actually quite proud of myself. Maybe I only needed Jaehyo to touch my hand.

“That’s so much better!” Jaehyo commented.

“Thank you oppa…” I smiled shyly.

Then it was his turn to practice. The song “Your Eyes” started playing from the stereo and he connected a microphone to the speaker.

I took a seat and waited for him to sing.

Boojokhaedduhn naui moseup modoo jiwoogo shipuh
Naran saram nuhegen baral guhragon uhbgejji…”
Jaehyo sang beautifully.

Nuhl wuhnhaneun mankeum soomkyuhon nae jinshim majuhdo
Geu hanbuhndo nuhege boyuhjoon juhk uhbsuhsseunigga…”

As he continued to sing, I had goose bumps. Good ones of course. His voice was so beautiful, angelic even.

Han buhn, nal dorabwa nuhmoo muhlji anheun gose
Yuhjuhnhi suhinneun deut hae…”
He continued.

I then felt a chill down my spine when he started singing the chorus.

Ajik giuhkhaneunji nuhmani juhnbooin nal midneunji
Uhnjekkaji ne gyuhte nal dool soo inneun guhnji.”

After that, he turned the music off and took the microphone away. I didn’t realize that I was still staring at him dreamily when he cleared his throat to get my attention.

“Any comments about any thing that I can improve on?” he asked me.

“Aniya, that was really good. Perfect!” I said truthfully.

“Kira you’re just saying that,” He blushed.

“No I’m not. I promise!” I said.

“Thanks,” He smiled at me cutely.

 

When Jaehyo and I got home, we bumped into Minhyuk who just arrived too. There was an instant awkwardness between the three of us.

“How was practice?” Minhyuk asked, breaking the silence.

“Fine.” I answered coldly. I won’t hide the fact that I’m jealous.

“Kira what’s the matter?” Minhyuk called after me as I started going up the stairs. Jaehyo stayed behind feeling helpless. Minhyuk followed me.

“Ya! Dinner will be ready soon!” Taeil shouted at us.

I went to my bedroom and jumped on my bed. I opened my backpack and took my books out. I started reading while Minhyuk just stared at me.

“I’m studying. Can we do this later?” I requested.

“No I want to do this now. Are you gonna tell me why you’re in such sour mood?!” He demanded.

“You don’t know??” I spat.

“If I did, I wouldn’t ask would I?” he spat back.

“Well I’m angry at you because you went to Chani’s house!” I blurted out.

“Kira stop being silly. Chani and I have the same music class. I only went to her house so we can practice together.” Minhyuk explained.

“Why didn’t you tell me that?”

“I have to tell you everything?”

“No but--”

“What about you and Jaehyo huh? You two have been spending so much time together he might as well be your boyfriend!” He shouted.

“Maybe Chani should be your girlfriend and not me!” I shouted back.

Minhyuk was just about to shout something else when my bedroom door creaked open. Ji Hoon’s head popped in and he looked worried as .

“Noona~~” He murmured.

“What’s up maknae?” I asked him in a gentle tone.

“Why are you and hyung arguing?” He asked with a pout.

Minhyuk and I glanced at each other.

“We’re not arguing Ji Hoon~” Minhyuk answered.

“We’re just talking out loud.” I added.

“Please stop arguing. I don’t like it…” Ji Hoon frowned.

I walked over to him and enveloped him into a hug.

“Sorry Ji Hoon-ah,” I whispered to him.

“I don’t like seeing my noona and my hyung unhappy…” he said.

 

Author’s Note:

Yup. Drama. Drama. Drama.

Hey readers and oh silent readers, drop a comment?

I wanna know what you think! ^^

~ {JL}