Chapter 2

Do You Wanna B? ‘Block B Club’.

The next day I woke up sweating like a pig. I forgot to turn the air conditioner on. I sat upright and then rested my back against the head board. I’ve realized that I didn’t even get to change into my pyjamas. I was still wearing the same clothes I was wearing yesterday when I arrived. I instantly fell asleep when I lay down on my bed last night and I didn’t even got to eat dinner. As I looked over the bedside table, there was a piece of paper underneath my phone. I picked it up and read the message written for me.

“We did want you to eat some dinner but we didn’t want to ruin your peaceful sleep. Hope you had a good dream! ^^ -Zico”

I smiled and then placed the note back on the bedside table. I looked around my bedroom and saw that the rest of my stuff in boxes were already there neatly stacked in the corner of the room. I guess I have to unpack them soon and find my school stuff seeing as school starts tomorrow already. I heaved a sigh and decided to have a bath. Then I realized that I didn’t know where the bathroom is. There is 7 boys living in this boarding house. There should be more than one bathroom. At first I wanted to go knock on Jaehyo’s room to ask him but I really don’t want to disturb him for that so I walked out of my room and decided to find the bathroom myself. Clutching my toiletries and my bath towel with me, I tiptoed across the hallway and downstairs. All the rooms upstairs were bedrooms so the bathrooms should be downstairs. I walked past the massive living room and then the huge kitchen. At the far corner of the boarding house were 2 doors. It had a sign on it that says bathroom. So there is 2 bathrooms. I wriggled the doorknob of the first bathroom and it was open so I casually walked in thinking that no one was in there. But I was very wrong. As I walked in, I saw U-Kwon shirtless and with only a towel attached around his waist. He was holding another towel which he was using to dry his hair. I just walked in on him half ! Oh .

“Oh my, I’m sorry! I’m such a prat!” I stammered still just standing there staring at his cute face and mostly at his amazing body!

“It’s okay! it’s my fault; I should really lock the door.” He smiled at me.

“Oh ne. Err. Mianhe! Again. Bye~” I bowed at him and then walked out.

He looked pretty confident and he seemed not too bothered about the fact that I just walked in on him like that. Good start to the ing morning Kira!

I stopped in front of the next bathroom and this time I knocked. I don’t want the boys to think that I’m a ert. No one answered. I opened the door slowly and scanned the whole bathroom. It was empty. Phew.

 

During our late breakfast, U-Kwon won’t stop staring and grinning at me like a fool. I blush every time I make eye-contact with him cos I just remember the incident earlier. I chewed my pancakes slowly which was cooked by Taeil.

“What drink do you want noona?” Ji Hoon asked me with a smile.

“Do you have any apple juice?” I asked shyly.

“Sure,” Ji Hoon replied and then poured me a glass of apple juice.

“Did you sleep alright Kira?” Zico asked me.

“Oh ne, I read your note. I appreciate that, thank you.” I told him gratefully.

“She also had a very interesting morning…” U-Kwon said in a teasing tone.

The others stopped chewing and went to look at me and then at U-Kwon.

“What do you mean hyung?” Ji Hoon asked.

“You didn’t flash her already did you hyung?” Kyung joked.

Taeil and Jaehyo instantly shot U-Kwon accusing glares.

At the corner of my eye I swear I saw Minhyuk smile slyly.

“Oh I didn’t have to…” U-Kwon smiled proudly to himself.

“What happened?” Zico asked with wide eyes.

“She walked in on me while I was in the bathroom.” U-Kwon answered.

“You already saw his thingy??!” Zico gasped out loud.

“Anio, anio. He had a towel around his waist!” I uttered.

“Did you want to his thingy?” Kyung sniggered.

“Who wouldn’t?” U-Kwon scoffed.

“I wouldn’t.” Minhyuk shrugged. “Me neither.” Jaehyo quipped.

“Ya stop it, she’s embarrassed enough.” Taeil ordered.

“It’s okay; it was my fault for not knocking.” I blushed even more.

The others continued with the banter while I finished my breakfast in shame. I peeked at U-Kwon and he winked at me after flashing me a y smile.

 

That afternoon, the boys went out to buy everything that they need for school tomorrow. Jaehyo stayed behind and insisted on helping me unpacking my all my stuff that were in boxes. The radio was on in the background as we started on the boxes. He took all the stuff out while I put them away in the drawers or in the closet or under my bed.

“Have you got your entire school stuff ready then?” I asked him.

“Ne, I had them ready 2 months ago.” He said proudly.

“So that lot are lazy or they just like to leave things the last minute?” I said.

“They all have different issues.” He grinned at me. “So what’s your issue?”

I looked at him and then stopped what I was doing. I was getting to know all of them but they still didn’t know anything about me.

“Ahjumma didn’t tell us anything about you apart from the fact that you were her niece and god daughter.” Jaehyo mentioned.

“You wanna know my issues?” I asked half-heartedly. He smiled, “Sure.”

I then decided that I should open up to him. He seemed so harmless and besides I would love to know more about him too.

“My name’s Inoue Kira, my umma is Korean and my appa is Japanese. I’m an only child and the only family I’ve ever known is Auntie Yuri.” I started.

“I lived in Japan until I was 8 and then we moved to Busan.”

Jaehyo listened intently while still taking my stuff out of the boxes.

“A couple of weeks ago,” I gulped. “I lost my umma due to a horrible car accident. After the funeral, my appa disappeared. I couldn’t contact him or anything. I--” I was cut off. Jaehyo had walked over to me to give me a hug. I was surprise by the sudden contact but I did like the hug. It was nice to be held like that especially by someone like Jaehyo so I hugged him back.

“I had no idea, you didn’t have to tell me those personal things but I appreciate it. I’m sorry about the things you went through.” He murmured.

“It’s okay,” I told him. “How bout you? What’s your issues?”

“Me? Nothing. I’m a very boring person.” He laughed lightly. I let go of the hug and then raised an eyebrow at him. He brushed some of the hair away from his eyes and then smiled at me.

“Really, I don’t have any issues.” He said.

“You’re just mysterious and sometimes ridiculously silent for no reason?”

“I’m mysterious?” He chuckled. “Very mysterious.” I nodded at him.

“For example, U-Kwon oppa. I can instantly tell that he’s a flirt, Kyung oppa is the clown, Zico is vain leader, Taeil is the serious and sensible one, Ji Hoon is the friendly maknae while Minhyuk is just the mean, obnoxious one. You, I don’t know. I can’t figure you out at all.” I told him.

“You are very straight forward aren’t you?” Jaehyo commented.

“That is me,” I answered with a shrug.

“Well I’m just really mysterious for no reason. That’s the truth.” He said.

“So you have no secrets?” I pried. He shook his head. I got the feeling that he was hiding something from me. But I didn’t want to beat him up just so he would tell me. I was really curious though.

 

The next day was the first day of school. Last night after dinner, Aunt Yuri dropped by to give my uniform. I loved the uniform. It was so much better than the uniform I wore for Yumkwang High. Zico rushed all of us through breakfast as apparently we were running late but Taeil argued that there was no need to rush as we only lived 5 minutes away from school. Minhyuk and Jaehyo quickly washed all the dishes up while Kyung and Zico went back upstairs to get their backpacks. Taeil, U-Kwon, Ji Hoon and I were by the front door waiting for the rest of them.

“Ya, give me that, I’ll carry it for you.” U-Kwon said taking my backpack off me. I complied as he was already tugging on my backpack. He slung my pink backpack on his right shoulder while his backpack was by left shoulder.

“Pink suits me, right?” He asked Taeil. The latter just rolled his eyes.

Jaehyo and Minhyuk approached us while Taeil started to lose patience.

“Zico hyung said we were running late. Look who’s being a slob now!” Ji Hoon exclaimed. Minhyuk looked at his wrist watch and sighed.

“Ya PINEAPPLE HAIR AND VELCRO HAIR! Hurry the up! We’re gonna be late for school!” I shouted on top of my voice. The boys looked at me with their mouths hanging open. Zico and Kyung came thundering down the stairs.

“Mianhe, mianhe!” They bowed at us.

We finally got going to school by foot. Taeil, Zico and Kyung led the way whilst U-Kwon and Jaehyo walked by my sides.

“What’s it like in Seoul Music High?” I asked them.

“It’s a great school, we pretty much run it.” U-Kwon answered smugly.

“Ah you’re the popular ones aren’t you?” I remarked.

“The whole school has this weird admiration for us. Even the teachers.

They worship the ground we walk on!” U-Kwon continued.

“Don’t exaggerate…” Jaehyo laughed.

“It’s true though, you know it hyung.” U-Kwon grinned.

“Will I get bullied?” I asked shyly. U-Kwon and Jaehyo laughed.

Even Ji Hoon who heard laughed too. Minhyuk just ignored my stupid question. Of course I would get bullied.

“Like we’ll let that happen!” U-Kwon and Jaehyo said in unison.