Chapter 12

Do You Wanna B? ‘Block B Club’.

Previously…

“What does Minhyuk have that I don't? Do I have to act all mean and obnoxious for you to prefer me?” He asked.

“Don’t change anything about yourself because of me. Please, just go have some sleep. You’ll feel better tomorrow.” I said. He pressed his body against mine and his face was just inches away from mine.

“Jaehyo don't--” I said as I noticed that he’s about to kiss me.

 

I prepared to push him away but I didn't have to because in a matter of seconds, someone had pulled Jaehyo away from me abruptly.

I looked and Jaehyo was on the floor.

“Are you okay?” Minhyuk asked as he cupped my face with his hands protectively. I nodded at him stiffly. He let go of my face and went to glare at Jaehyo who was still sat down on the cold floor.

“Leave her alone, she’s mine now.” Minhyuk told him coldly.

“I will fight for her hyung,” Jaehyo hissed.

“Jae-- stop,” I murmured. I didn’t like the fact that his and Minhyuk’s friendship is getting ruined because of me.

“She’ll be mine. You’ll see.” Jaehyo added. Minhyuk’s hands were now balled into fists and I knew that I had to get him out of there now.

I pulled him out of the kitchen quickly before a physical fight breaks out.

I led Minhyuk to my bedroom and I locked the door.

I waited for him to calm down before I started talking.

“He is drunk. Please don’t get angry at him.” I said.

“Yes he is but he knows what he said. He will take you away from me.” Minhyuk mumbled. He sat down on the edge of my bed and then covered his face with both of his hands. I sighed out loud and then sat down beside him. I still can’t believe that Jaehyo tried to kiss me. I reckon there should be more girls in this boarding house. These boys have serious ual needs.

“Let’s say he will try to take me away from you, do you think I would let him? No…” I told Minhyuk. I must admit that I am attracted to Jaehyo and there is heat between us but I have feelings for Minhyuk. Not just a crush.

“Kira, Jaehyo is capable to get any girl he wants. I mean have you looked at him?” Minhyuk sighed in disbelief.

“Sure he has the looks and stuff but I won’t let him take me away from you. You’re the one I want.” I assured him.

“Promise me something Kira,” Minhyuk said. I nodded at him intently.

“Whatever happens don’t go out with Jaehyo. He will hurt you. I don’t want to see you hurt. It will kill me to see you hurt.” He continued.

“What do you mean he will hurt me?” I asked.

“He just will. He’s not a playboy like U-Kwon but he will hurt you in some other way…” He explained. Does he mean like physically? I really don’t see Jaehyo being the violent one. In the end, I just nodded at Minhyuk.

“I like you too much,” He smiled at me.

 

A few weeks later…

Today is a very painful day for me. I don’t care about anything else apart from today. I cried myself to sleep last night thinking about what happened today a month ago. It’s been a month today since I lost my umma.

I lazily got out of bed and then started getting my stuff ready. I am going back to Busan today to visit my umma’s grave. I slowly went downstairs to take a shower but when I got there, both bathrooms were occupied so I stood outside and waited patiently. I stared into the nothing and reminisced about my umma. I couldn’t help but think about my appa as well and his sudden disappearance. I can’t believe he just abandoned me.

Taeil got out of one of the bathroom and started to stare at me worriedly.

I only then just realized that I was crying silently. He wiped my tears with the back of his hand and then he gave me a tight hug. He didn’t say anything but his hug just made me cry even more. Just then Minhyuk came out from the other bathroom. I continued on crying as Taeil motioned him to take his place. In one gentle movement, Taeil’s arms around me was replaced by my boyfriend. He squeezed me tight and consoled me.

“What time will you be coming back?” Zico asked me.

“I’ll be back sometime tonight oppa,” I replied.

“Are you sure you don’t want me to come with you?” Minhyuk asked.

“I’m sure.” I assured him.

“Give us a text as soon as you get there.” Taeil said.

“I will.” I told him. Jaehyo was in a corner keeping quiet.

“Kira you’ll come back right??” U-Kwon pouted.

“She lives here now! Of course she’ll come back!” Kyung laughed.

“Ne U-Kwon, I’ll be back as soon as I can.” I said.

“I’ll miss you noona!” Ji Hoon grinned.

“I’ll miss you too maknae!” I giggled.

“Be safe babe,” Minhyuk said as he embraced me. “I’ll be here waiting for you.” He kissed me lightly on the cheek.

“Then I’ll be looking forward to coming back knowing that you will be here waiting for me,” I winked at him.

15 minutes later, I was on a train back to Busan. Auntie Yurii wanted to come with me but I know that it’ll be better if I was on my own. It was only an hour travel from Seoul to Busan by train but that hour felt like days. It was good though as I had time to sort out my thoughts. I thought about the boys back at the boarding house and the problems I’ve caused them. For one, Minhyuk and Jaehyo are not in speaking terms and I am the one to blame for that. They are civil to each other but everyone else knows that they were no longer friends. It was clear that Minhyuk didn’t want me to be anywhere close to Jaehyo but he doesn’t have any choice because it was only Jaehyo who didn’t have any extra curricular activities after school so we were always coming home together. It certainly made Jaehyo and me closer. U-Kwon is still flirting with me daily and so as to other girls. I was getting used to it to be honest. Kyung is no longer bullied which made him more confident in school. Taeil has bought a new fish to replace the one that he killed (not on purpose). Ji Hoon is always there to make me smile even though he sometimes annoys me with his constant aegyoing. And then there is Zico who has a massive crush on Minyoung but he cannot act towards it because of two reasons. One, Minyoung is Minhyuk’s little sister. Minhyuk had sternly told Zico not to go anywhere her which I think isn’t fair because Zico would be a caring boyfriend. Two, Minyoung told me a while ago that she has a crush on the womanizer of the group which is none other than the very cute U-Kwon. U-Kwon has no idea and Minyoung has no idea that Zico has a crush on her. It’s all very complicated. Obviously I would rather have Minyoung end up with Zico rather than U-Kwon.

I walked towards my umma’s grave with tears streaming down. I suddenly wished that someone was with me. When I finally reached the grave, I traced the gravestone with my hand. I whispered a prayer and then lit 3 candles.

I placed the flowers I bought on top of the gravestone and then sat down and started talking into nothingness.

“Annyeong haseyo umma. It’s me Kira. You still remember me right?”

Tears didn’t stop from leaking out of my eyes so I had to constantly wipe my cheeks. I was the only one in the cemetery and the cold breezed gave me intense goose bumps.

“Umma, I have a boyfriend now. His name is Minhyuk and I think you will like him. He’s really good-looking and he takes care of me,” I smiled.

“I’ll take him here soon so that you can meet him. Maybe I’ll take the other boys too. They are a fun bunch. They make a fuss of me too much but I love them all. There’s Zico. He’s the leader of the group and he’s really funny. His hair is so awesome. Taeil is the serious one but he is really nice at the same time. He has a massive fish tank is his bedroom which is full of tropical fishes. He lets me feed them all the time. Kyung is the clown of the group. He never fails to make me laugh and there’s never a dull moment when he’s around. Then there’s U-Kwon. Umma he is so cute and cuddly. I really want to keep him in my pocket. You would too! He’s a playboy though. Ji Hoon is the maknae. He annoys me with his constant aegyo but at the same time, I just want to always cuddle him. And the last one is Jaehyo. Umma he’s like a prince and you see, he likes me too and Minhyuk is not happy about that.” I blabbered. I was gonna keep on talking when a very familiar voice called my name.

“K- Kira?”

I was afraid to turn around and look but I knew that I had to.

“Appa?” My voice shook.

“I am so sorry…” His voice shook too. Surprise and sadness filled me but anger is the one feeling I felt towards the man standing before me now.

“Why did you leave me? I needed you!!” I sobbed.

“I couldn’t accept the fact that your mother was gone. I thought leaving was the answer to it all-- I’m so sorry,” My appa said.

“I don’t care! I don’t ever want to see you again!” I said and then walked off. He kept on calling my name but I didn’t look back once.

He abandoned me and now I’m abandoning him.

 

When I got back to Seoul, I didn’t go inside the boarding house straight away. I stayed by the porch out by the front door and sat there for a little while. I can’t believe I saw my appa. After all this time he didn’t even try to contact me just once. I hated him. I actually hated him. I kept on crying until I heard the door open behind me. Suddenly, Jaehyo was sat next to me.

“We were worried about you,” He mumbled.

“Sorry, I just needed some time to think.” I replied. I started wiping my cheeks with the back of my hand when Jaehyo handed me a blue handkerchief which he took out from his pocket.

“What happened?” He asked concerned.

“I saw my appa in the cemetery,” I sighed out loud.

“Chincha?? Is he okay?” He asked surprised.

“I don’t know, after 10 seconds of seeing him I walked away. It was just too much.” I explained. Jaehyo placed an arm around my shoulder.

“I’m a horrible person…” I cried.

“No you’re not. You have every right to be angry at him.” He said.

I rested my head on his shoulder as I carried on crying. I’m surprised that there is still tears coming out from my eyes. I felt safe with Jaehyo around even though I know that Minhyuk would be jealous if he saw us right now.

“Kira--” Jaehyo murmured.

“Ne?”

“I know this might not be the right time to say this but I think I love you.” He declared. I swear I stopped breathing for a minute after hearing him say that.

“Wh-what??” I stuttered.

“WHAT?!” Minhyuk screamed from behind us.

To be continued…

 

Author’s Note:

I LOVE CLIFFHANGERS! Hehehe ;]

Do post comments and tell me what you think of this update!


Thank you! ~ {JL}