Chapter 10.

Do You Wanna B? ‘Block B Club’.

That evening has to be one of the cutest evenings I’ve ever had in my life. During dinner, Minhyuk and I just kept glancing at each other, smiling and grinning like fools. I wanted to kiss him but I know that I couldn’t in front of the boys. I was also desperate to hold his hand. It was a simple thing to ask for right? I was staring dreamily at Minhyuk that I didn’t realize that Kyung was watching me. I probably looked stupid in his eyes.

“Ya Kira, you look constipated.” Kyung mentioned.

“Why wouldn’t she? You cooked dinner.” U-Kwon sniggered.

“Aniya, I was just daydreaming…” I blinked uncontrollably.

“You seem so much happier now compared to earlier…” Zico stated.

“Yes, yes I am.” I blushed like a beetroot. Minhyuk kept his head down too.

“Talk about mood swings.” Kyung chuckled.

“Are you on your period noona?” Ji Hoon asked innocently.

“Maknae, don’t ask questions like that over dinner.” Taeil tutted.

“Eh? No I’m not!” I answered defensively.

“I’m glad you are okay now…” Jaehyo whispered to me sweetly.

Jaehyo, I know you like me but unfortunately I don’t like you that way.

Will I hurt him when he finds out about Minhyuk and me?

And how would U-Kwon react since apparently he likes me too?

 

 

During school the next day, I didn’t have to worry about Minhyuk leaving me behind every after class because he didn’t do that anymore. Unfortunately, we couldn’t act like a boyfriend-girlfriend yet because the other boys don’t have any idea of us yet. However, we only have to act distant to each other when the other boys are around so half the time at school, Minhyuk and I walking side by side closely, laughing and blushing all the time. He carries my backpack for me and he talks to me all the time now. I love it.

During English class, our teacher was in full teaching mode so everyone in class was absolutely bored as . I kept glancing at Minhyuk though because he was just so ridiculously good-looking. I lay my chin on my hand and stared at him in admiration. He was sitting beside me and me unfortunately I didn’t know the meaning of “subtle”. He suddenly looked at me and caught me blatantly staring at him. I looked away immediately and blushed. I looked towards my teacher and tried to listen to what was she was blabbering on about. Only a minute later, I felt a pair of eyes on me. I slowly looked back at Minhyuk and this time I caught him staring at me. Our eyes met briefly and we both felt embarrassed that we both looked away at the same time. I started smiling like a lunatic and at the corner of my eye I saw that he was smiling too. Who knew Minhyuk could be this cute?!

 

 

The bell rang and it was lunch time. Minhyuk and I were the last ones in the classroom to leave. As we were just about to exit, the teacher called us over to her desk. Minhyuk and I walked timidly towards her.

“Miss Inoue Kira and Mr. Lee Minhyuk. You two seemed to be so distracted today. What is going on?” Our teacher asked. I gulped.

“Uh. Mianhaeyo! It’s just one of those days!” I bowed at her in respect.

Minhyuk did the same while saying “I’m sorry” over and over again.

“Araso. But please next time, focus in class.” She said firmly.

“Ne! Kamsahamnida!!” Minhyuk and I said in unison. When we got out of the classroom, we both blew a sigh of relief. Our teacher noticed something different. This isn’t good. Sooner or later the other boys would notice something is going on too. Might as well tell them now before they get suspicious and think of other stuff that might be going on.

“Minhyuk oppa--” I murmured.

“I love it when you call me oppa…” Minhyuk smiled.

“I love it when you smile. So smile more.” I told him.

“I will. Only for you.” He winked at me.

“Okay, cheesy but gomawo.” I giggled. “Anyway, I think we should tell the others about us…” I trailed off.

“You think so?”
“Ne. They might as well know now.” I said.

“Araso, araso. We’ll tell them tonight.” He responded.

“They are going to take it well right?” I gulped.

“By them you mean Jaehyo and U-Kwon right?” He inquired. I nodded at him.

“They have to or they can sulk about it. It’s not going to change anything. You’re mine now.” He said smugly.

 

 

After school at the boarding house, Minyoung came round to show all of us her new roller blades. We went outside the boarding house where she tried them on. Taeil didn’t let her use it inside. I sat down on the curb, Jaehyo sitting beside me and Ji Hoon on my other side. Kira was in the middle of the empty road with her roller blades on. Minhyuk and Zico were going to teach her how to use it.

“Do you have any idea how to roller blade?” I asked her.

“Not a clue.” Minyoung laughed.

“Then why did you ask umma and appa for a pair?” Minhyuk sighed.

“Cos they looked cool!” Minyoung stuck her tongue out at him.

She started skating back and forth with Minhyuk and Zico catching her on different ends. She was wobbling but she was getting used to it as she continued on doing it.

“I’m going to the toilet.” Minhyuk announced.

“Someone take his spot!” Minyoung yelped.

“I’ll do it.” I said and ran to Minhyuk’s spot. I then realized that Minyoung was on skating towards me. I’m gonna have to catch her.

She doesn’t know how to break yet.

“Be careful…” Taeil called out.

“Unnie I’m coming!” Minyoung shouted. I thought I was ready for her.

I certainly was but I couldn’t take her weight. She skated towards me too fast that when we collided, she pushed me down on the ground and she ended up on top of me. The boys surrounded us immediately. U-Kwon looked down at us and he was smiling in a very creepy way.

“Ohh myy…” He said.

“That’s what you call skills…” Kyung laughed.

“Minyoung that was a proper fail!” Ji Hoon commented.

“Ya U-Kwon, that’s my sister. Stop thinking dirty thoughts!” Minhyuk shouted.

Zico helped Minyoung up while Jaehyo helped me up. I brushed the dirt off my shirt and I felt someone brushing the dirt off my bum. I turned around and it was U-Kwon.

“Uhh oppa, I think I can do that myself…” I told him.

“Okay,” He replied with a cheeky wink.

 

 

Then evening came. The boys, Minyoung and I were all gathered in the living room watching TV. Minhyuk nudged me on the sides. It was his way of telling me that it was time. I took a deep breath. This was actually pretty nerve-wracking. Minhyuk and I stood in front of everyone.

“You’re blocking the TV!” Minyoung complained.

“We have something we’d like to tell you.” Minhyuk started.

Taeil pressed the mute button on the TV remote. The sudden silence was deafening. 7 pairs of eyes were on us and I was just ting it.

“What is it? What’s going on?” Zico asked.

“We’re-- ummm… well.” I stammered. I couldn’t even look at them.

Just then I felt a hand slide down from my arm and then to my hand. Minhyuk had taken my hand in his. I blushed instantly.

“Kira and I are together.” He announced proudly. Everyone in the room gasped.

I kept my eyes on Jaehyo and U-Kwon. Jaehyo looked pretty damn disappointed while U-Kwon’s mouth was just hanging open.

“This is great news!” Zico exclaimed.

“I’m happy for you Minhyuk hyung and Kira noona!” Ji Hoon said as he showed us thumbs up. I blew him a quick flying kiss.

“Kira unnie?! My big brother? REALLY?!” Minyoung grimaced.

“Really Kira, what are you thinking?” Kyung laughed hysterically.

“Be happy for us Kyung or I will punch you.” Minhyuk threatened.

“U-Kwon oppa are you okay?” I asked in a concerned tone. His hands were both balled in tight fists and his face is all scrunched up in what I think was anger, jealousy and envy. I wasn’t sure which.

“I would of have been happy if you announced that you were going out with Minyoung!” He shouted angrily. This is the first time I’ve seen him angry.

I didn’t like it. I preferred the happy-go-lucky U-Kwon.

“U-Kwon grow up.” Taeil rolled his eyes to the ceiling. “Minhyuk-ah, I expect you to take care of Kira.” He said firmly.

“Of course hyung.” Minhyuk nodded. U-Kwon slumped in his seat and he was pouting like a fish. I wanted to go over to him and give him a big hug.

But before I could, I noticed Jaehyo. He looked like he was going to cry.

Oh no. I’ve hurt him. It’s unintentional. Jaehyo, I’m so sorry.

He looked at me with sad eyes before he stood up from his seat and stalked off out of the living room without saying a word to anyone else.

“Jaehyo oppa--” I called after him but he didn’t come back. I felt so bad.

“He’ll get over it.” Taeil assured me.

“I won’t.” U-Kwon huffed.

“Oppa I’m sorry,” I told him.
“Don’t apologize to him. He can get any girl he wants!” Minhyuk said.

“That’s not true. I want Kira and I didn’t get her did I?” U-Kwon pouted some more.

 

 

Author’s Note:

Thank you very much for your amazing support !! ^_^

I hope this update wasn’t too bad.

Do tell me what you think of how U-Kwon and Jaehyo reacted.

Do you think they will get over Kira soon?

You know what to do! Post your thoughts on the comment box!

 

~ {JL}