Chapter 1

Do You Wanna B? ‘Block B Club’.

I stood in front of the boarding house I was going to live at for the next year or so. My backpack was falling off my shoulders and I couldn’t be bothered to sort it out. I was just so stressed out because of all this moving. Leaving my home, leaving my friends and leaving the awful experience I just had behind back in Busan had to be the most emotional thing I ever had to do.

But now I have to restart. New life.

 

“Kira-shi?” A familiar voice called. I took my sunglasses off revealing my bloodshot sore eyes {because of all the crying I did for the past few days}.

I looked at the person standing by the front door of the boarding house.

She was waving at me enthusiastically. I took a deep breath and walked towards her hauling my suitcase behind me.

“Annyeong haseyo Auntie Yuri.” I greeted her.

“It’s so nice to see you,” She gasped and then gave me a tight hug.

The last time I seen her was at the funeral a couple of weeks ago. I quickly shook the memory out of my head.

“How are you?” She asked when she let go of me.
“I’m okay. Thank you for letting me stay here.” I mumbled.

“No problem, it’s the least I could do after all that had happened to you.” She said swinging my arm along with hers. The last thing I wanted to talk about to anyone was the stuff that happened to me. So I changed the subject.

“So 7 boys live here, huh?” I said and looked at the boarding house in awe.

It was beautiful; the windows were painted blue and red while the front door was painted dirty white.

“Ne, you don’t have to live with them if you don’t want to. You can come live with me but its 30 minutes away from the school. The school is 5 minutes away from here.” She explained.

“I’d stay here I think. I’m certain that being around a lot of people would do me good.” I said. I felt pairs of eyes watching me from somewhere. I looked up and I saw the boys with their faces squished against the window.

“Araso, I visit frequently so you will see a lot of me. Come on, I’ll introduce you to the boys.” She smiled warmly pulling me inside the boarding house.

 

As I stepped into the boarding house, I heard soft whispers and frantic footsteps coming from upstairs.

“Boys! Will you come down here?” Auntie Yuri shouted by the stairs.

I heard more footsteps.

“Are they my age?” I asked Auntie Yuri.

“They are all around your age. They go to Seoul Music School as well. They will look after you. They’re a great bunch.” Auntie Yuri smiled. Well if she trusted them, I would to. Auntie Yuri is my umma’s older sister.

She is also my godmother.

“Ya stop pushing!” I heard a voice said from upstairs.

“Boys!” Auntie Yuri shouted again.

“Coming!” Was the reply.

Auntie Yuri pulled my massive suitcase away from the front door and placed it by the hallway as the boys appeared in front of me one by one. I studied their faces and none of them looked like a or a murderer so I relaxed and gave them a smile. It was a forced smile but it was the best I could do.

“Annyeong haseyo!” They chorused.

“Annyeong haseyo, Inoue Kira imnida.” I bowed at them.

“Boys this is Kira, my only niece and only godchild.” Auntie Yuri declared proudly. 5 of the boys grinned showing off their pearly white teeth.

Soon enough they started introducing themselves.

“Zico imnida,” The one with the pineapple hair said. He was good-looking in a very odd way. And his hair was his best feature. Very pineapple-like!

“Taeil imnida.” The serious looking one said. He was wearing loads of eye make-up and it seriously looked really cool. But why so serious?

“Minhyuk imnida.” The guy with the pink hair grumbled. He didn’t look friendly at all but he was just so seriously hot! I think I drooled a little.

“U-Kwon imnida…” The cute one crooned, grabbed my hand and then kissed it. I felt my cheeks blush a little because of his gesture. He was super cute.

“You are such a flirt hyung! Anyway, Kyung imnida!” The cheerful looking one said. He was really tall and he had Velcro hair! How amusing.

“Ji Hoon imnida! Nice to meet you Kira noona!” The friendliest looking one said. He offered his hand and I shook it gladly. Then there was only one left.

“Jaehyo imnida… Hwanyong hamnida…” He chimed, his voice giving me slight goose bumps. He was incredibly good-looking.

I stared at him in admiration for a minute or two.

“Who’s going to take her suitcase up to her room?” Auntie Yuri asked.

“I would!” Cute U-Kwon shot his hand up in the air quickly. The pink haired guy ignored everyone and everything and just stomped off upstairs.

I wonder what his problem was.

“Do you want me to carry your backpack for you?” Jaehyo whispered.

I jumped and only realized that I’ve been staring after Minhyuk.

“Oh anio, I’ll be okay.” I replied blushing like a fool. He flashed me a smile before disappearing down the hallway with serious Taeil.

“Ignore Minhyuk hyung; it’s his time of the month.” Kyung joked as he nudged me lightly on the arm. I stared at his Velcro hair.

“Hey why do you have Velcro hair?” I asked bluntly.

“Velcro hair? Hahahahahaha!!” Zico, U-Kwon and Ji Hoon laughed out loud.

“What do you mean?” Kyung asked me in a confused tone.

“And I love your pineapple hair!” I told Zico.

“Oh gomawo!” He grinned happily.

“I have to dash off, I’ll see you later Kira. The boys will take care of you don’t worry.” Auntie Yuri said before giving me another hug.

“Araso, kamsahamnida Auntie Yuri!” I told her gratefully.

“Annyeong ahjumma!” The boys said in unison. Taeil and Jaehyo reappeared. Taeil was holding two bottles of water while Jaehyo had his hands deep in his jeans pockets. I just can’t help but stare at him.

“Here you go,” Taeil said handing me one of the water bottles.

“Kamsahamnida,” I responded.

“Kira is a Japanese name right?” Zico asked. I nodded at him.

“I still don’t get what you mean by Velcro hair…” Kyung pouted at me.

“Well--” I started but I was cut off.

“Let’s take her to her bedroom. She needs to rest.” Jaehyo declared.

The others quickly nodded. He spoke like he was the leader but I kind of got the feeling that either Taeil or Zico was the leader of this group.

U-Kwon ran upstairs with my suitcase followed by JiHoon, Taeil, Kyung and Zico while Jaehyo climbed up the stairs beside me.

“Sorry about them,” He spoke.

“Gwaenchana… I already love all your company.” I mumbled.

“We’ll always keep you company.” He smiled at me. If I wasn’t holding on to the banister, my legs would have failed me and I would have fallen backwards because of that gorgeous smile. I mentally fanned myself.

I heard the others in front chattering cheerfully as we walked along a long hallway. I went past 7 different coloured doors that each had the names of the boys on them. We reached the end of the hallway and there was a pink door with my name written on Hangul on it. It looked really pretty.

“We all got your bedroom ready.” Zico grinned widely.

“Apart from Minhyuk,” U-Kwon scoffed.

“He never helps with anything anyway!” Taeil complained.

“I do help!” Came a shout from one of the bedrooms.

“Geojitmal hyung!” Kyung shouted back.

Jaehyo then faked a cough. Everyone looked at him and then at me.

“Mianhe, mianhe.” Zico laughed lightly before opening the bedroom door. They all let me walk in first and I saw that it was a fairly big bedroom with a queen sized bed, a TV, DVD player, closet and a set of drawers. The bed had pink covers, the pillow cases were pink too and even my blanket was pink.

“Wow~” I breathed. I can’t believe they did this all for me.

“Do you like it? Please tell me you like it?” Zico asked nervously.

“Only because you picked the covers and stuff…” Ji Hoon mentioned.

“You like pink right?” Zico asked again.

“As a matter of fact, yes I do like pink and yes I like it. Thank you.” I replied.

I was smiling and this time it wasn’t forced at all. Zico raised his arms up in the air and then jumped up and down.

“Now you can be a decorator,” Kyung chipped in.

“Ga ja, let’s leave her get settled in.” Jaehyo said pushing the others out of the room.

“See you later!” Zico, Kyung and Ji Hoon waved at me happily. I waved back.

“What time is your other stuff getting here?” Taeil asked.

“In an hour.” I replied.

“Okay, we’ll call for you when it arrives.” He said and then walked out.

“Here’s your suitcase.” U-Kwon smiled at me sweetly. He’s so damn cute.

“Gomawo oppa,” I replied sheepishly.

“You called me oppa, I like you.” He winked at me before walking out.

And yet again, there was only one left.

“If there’s anything you need, my bedroom is right next to yours.” He said softly while holding on to the doorknob. I didn’t want him to leave me.

The last thing I wanted right now is to be alone.

But then again, I don’t know him that well yet.

“Thank you.” I replied simply instead.

He gave me another smile before leaving, closing the door behind him.