Unwanted Attention

Waiting on the Other Side

Chap 22

MinAh POV:

The next day of school.....was uncomfortable.  I felt stares from every direction when I walked down the halls, chattering and whispering that I occasionally heard my name in. My hands clenched into nervous fists in the pockets of my sweater, not used to being the centre of everyone's talk.  I mean, I never even wanted to be the centre of everyone's conversations.  There are some people who like to be talked about, but I'm not one of those people-- especially when I have a feeling tha the things they're talking about are not even close to compliments.  Heck, I don't even know why they're talking about me.  Tightening my jaw, I continued to walk through the school to my locker, trying my best to avoid the glances of others.

When I arrived to my locker, I quickly opened the door, attempting to block the gazes from the cliques of girls from getting to me.  But unfortunately, I could still feel their intense gaze through the metal door.  I'm surprised they didn't burn a hole into my locker door from their laser-like looks.  I continued to stand their, looking pointlessly into my locker.  I certainly did not want to close the door, or else everyone on the other side would see me, so I began organize my locker.  As I did so, people started to file into the school, the hallways becoming filled with more students, and the gazes began to increase.  Why though?  I crease formed between my eyebrows as I racked my brain for the reason behind their glances.  Its not like I ever offended anyone (well, maybe those three witches unintentionally), or at least I don't think I have. In my classes, I don't attract very much attention, and I doubt the people I've been in the same class with since junior high still don't know my name. I'm a plain, high school girl, attending a regular highschool. What is their to stare at?  I froze.  Is their toilet paper or something stuck onto my back?? Onto my foot? I quickly felt around my back, but their was nothing attached to it.  I checked my shoes, but again, nothing. Everything seemed normal about me, and no reason for people to be staring at me.

"MinAh!" shouted a voice behind the locker door.  A hand suddenly slammed the door against the locker beside mine, revealing my two best friends, Suzy and Fei, eagerness and curiosity shining through their eyes.

"Could you tell me the reason why everyone is staring at me?" I asked, hoping they would know what was behind all this.

"That guy! Who had the uniform from that insanely prestigious school!" Fei said excitedly.

"Prestigious school?"

"Yes! Seoul Highschool!!" Suzy shouted.

Oh. Right. That day.  Jinyoung had made a surprise appearance at the front entrance of the school, wearing the Seoul Highschool uniform, which stood out quite a bit, since our uniforms look very different. This rendered a lot of curiosity among the students of our school, especially the female students.  Then he dragged me off to the cafe by my hand.

...In front of the whole school.

Is that why everyone was looking at me?

"Who was that guy! He was so handsome!" Fei blurted out.

"He looks familiar, don't you think?" Suzy said, gently nudging Fei.

"Ne! I had that feeling too! Where have I seen him before?"

"You mean Jinyoung?" I said.

"Aigoo, that's his name? Its so nice..." Fei dreamed, while Suzy gave her another nudge, but a rougher one.

"He looks like the guy you bumped into, literally, at the amusement park," Suzy slowly started," does that mean...he's the one you're tutoring?!"

"And he picked you up from school for you to tutor him?" squealed Fei.

I had told them about how Jinyoung, who happened to be the person I crashed into at the amusement park is now the person I was tutoring, but I did not yet tell them I was working a part time job at a cafe with his as well. And no way in hell did I ever tell them that the person I had been talking to online was ALSO him. Thinking about this really does seem like too much of a coincidence.

"Ani, he dragged me to my part time job with hi--" I stopped.  If I told them that I also had work with him, they would probably go on about how everything was "fate" and that crap.  I never was the person to believe in fate, since it all seemed too...good to be true?  I mean, how can you meet that one person you are "destined" to be with while their are so many people living on the face of this Earth??  But I guess its too late now to take my words back by looking at their facial expressions.

"BWOH??" they shouted in unison.


"Ah..ne..I work with him..." I said sheepishly.

"And you didn't tell us??" Suzy squealed, squeezing my arm tightly.

"You're so lucky, MinAh! Being fated to be with such an ulzzang!" Fei dreamed on.

See? DIdn't I tell you? Here it comes with the "fate" crap.

"...so this is the reason I'm being gossiped about around the school?"

"Of course!" They said.

"Everyone saw you with him! Its basically the talk of the school...well at least amongst the girls," Suzy added.

Oh great. Does that mean everyone knows me?  I was perfectly fine with being invisible.  I sighed, and slammed my locker shut, causing more people to turn around.  School is going to be interesting.

 

I walked to my first class, Suzy and Fei following close behind.  As I entered the classroom, more girls seemed to notice who I was...and that I was the person with the "ulzzang". I quietly headed to my seat by the window, and just as I sat down, I was slowly approached by a group of girls in my class whom I have never talked to in my life.

"Anyeong MinAh!  Its nice to see you today!" said one girl with a big pink bow attached in her hair.

"You look so pretty today!" said another, casually patting me on the head.

"Uh...thanks?" I said, giving shifty glances to my two friends who got pushed out from beside me by the new crowd of girls.

"You want to go shopping today after school? Wanna see a movie?" asked the people around me all at once that I had no clue who was saying what.

"No..its okay..I'm busy.." I replied slightly annoyed.

"Ooh are you hanging out with someone? Maybe we can come along too!" said a girl that had obviously dolled herself up more than usual.

"No. I have work," I said bluntly, my annoyance rising.

Thank goodness for the teacher who had came in before I was bombarded with another bajillion questions, and the crowd of fake girls dispersed before me.  I gave an apologetic looks towards Suzy and Fei, who responded with a look of pity in their eyes.

The day was basically a replay of the situation in 1st period.  I walk into class, get surrounded by a bunch of desperate girls, and after class, they surround me again.  It was even hard for me to believe a survived that day at school without being trampled on or whatever.  Once the last bell of the day rang, I bolted out of the classroom as quick as I could before anyone could crowd around me. Walking at a faster pace than usual, I went straight home, eager to get away from civilization itself.  With a sigh of relief, I opened the door to the house, and heard conversation filling the house.  It wasn't umma's voice, since she obviously did not sound like a boy.  I kicked off my shoes, and proceeded deeper into our house.

"You are such a pabo!" I heard Mi Sook's voice tease.

"Bwoh? Ani!" said a male voice.

By the kitchen table, two figures were happily laughing away, while homework seemed to be left untouched on the kitchen table.  Mi Sook noticed me walk in, and quickly stood up.

"Oh, Unni, welcome home," she greeted politely.

The boy sitting with his back faced towards me followed her lead and turned around immediately to bow.

"Anyeonghaseyo, Mi Sook's unni," he said sweetly.  He got up from his bow, as surprise slowly worked its way onto his face.

"YOU?!" he gasped, pointing a finger at me. He slowly turned his head towards Mi Sook, embarassement showing on his shocked face.

"She..she's your unni?!?!!"

= = = ===================================

Hello... ^ ^; sorry for not updating in so long. The first legit week back to school had more homework than I thought.  Life has become stupidly busy, along with extracurricular activities that I really need to work hard on.  I will try to update once a week, but please be patient if I don't. Don't worry. MINAHXJINYOUNG WILL CONTINUE!! <3 no matter what >3<

Thanks to my lovely new subbies:

~ Naoko5995     ~ JYShinkiHK       ~ dcpc199714       ~ fallenangels9        ~ yenyenw      ~ LittleRed

~ abiness           ~ yelyahjongkey   ~ After8ight

Thanks to all my readers and if you haven't subscribed/commented yet, please do so! I want to hear what you guys think about what will happen to Jinyoung and MinAh :PP

B1A4 TEASER FOR BEAUTIFUL TARGET IS OUT!! KEKEKE I IZ EXCITED XDD

 

yay for small yellow text cuz I like to annoy people LOL ohoho~ and yay for biology crap and uncertainties in chemistry calculations T_T And yay for stupid social studies essays.

Have a gread day ^0^ hahaha who wants some moon cake? Its almost autumn festival! XDD Time to get fat on mooncake~  And here is double the small yellow text since I didn't have any last chappie. 

 

Kthnxbai. :3