Audio Convo

Waiting on the Other Side

Chap 11

MinAh POV:

"Anyeonghaseyo........" Baro bowed awkwardly.  I continued to stare in bewilderment.

"B-BARO??" I screamed again.

"Y-ye...uh," he cleared his throat,"that...was your uhm, uh, y-your dongsaeng?" he stuttered, breaking out into a cold sweat.

I then came back to reality, remembering that I was chasing after my sister before getting distracted by this Baro over here. I scoffed.

"I have no time for you," I hissed, furrowing my brow.  In response, he took a step back, taken aback.

I spun around and tried to find my sister, searching through the crowds in the direction she went.  The square was packed full of people, and it would be nearly impossible to find her now.

Wait.

"Hey you," I shouted back at Baro.  He was suprised to hear his name, looked around, saw me, and pointed at himself, startled. "YES, you," I said.  What other Baro would I be calling out to? =0=  He ran towards me.

"W-what is it?"

"Help me find my dongsaeng."

"EH?"

"Help. me. find. my. DONGSAENG," I said through clenched teeth, annoyed.

We pushed through the crowds, turning people around, searching desperately through what seemed like a million people.

"M-minAh ssi...." he began, trying to talk over the noise of the crowds.

"What."

"Are you mad at me?"

"About what?"

"Well...me r-rejecting your dongsaeng...."

I spun around with my arms crossed. Did he really just ask that? "What do you think?" I scoffed.

Of course I was mad.  How could I NOT be mad.  This person made my dongsaeng cry. CRY. Everything started to come together.  The cake that was in the refrigerator, was in the box she tried to give to Baro, right? She put her heart into making it, and after all the hard work she put for this day she was going to confess to him, he breaks her heart like it was nothing.  Am I mad at him? YES.

I angrily pushed through the hoards of people, shouting out my dongsaeng's name.

" Mi Sook!" I yelled, searching through the crowds, feeling a sulking Baro following behind me.

"Mianhaeyo," squeaked Baro.

"Tch." I rolled my eyes, and continued to call out. "Mi Sook!!"

"Really, I am."

"MI SOOK, WHERE ARE YOU?"

"I didn't want to," Baro sighed behind me.

Wait.

WHAT DID HE SAY?  I stopped in my tracks, causing him to bump into me.

"Yah, why'd you stop so suddenl--"

"You didn't want to?" I asked, getting more annoyed by the second.

"Ani.  But I had to say no to her--"

"IF YOU DIDN'T WANT TO HURT HER FEELINGS, WHY DID YOU REJECT HER, YOU S--"

"I had to," he whispered, his head lowered, making it impossible to see his eyes.

"Bwoh?"

"Its complicated."

"How so?"

"....It just is."

"Why?"

"AISH It just is!" he raised his voice, slapping the side of his head.  He stormed off towards the crowd, calling out Mi Sook's name.

We walked around and came to a park filled with cute couples and erm, some passionate couples.

"Hey," I nudged Baro,"why is it complicated?" I was dying to know why he didn't just agree to my dongsaeng if he didn't want to reject her.

He exhaled a huge sigh, giving me an annoyed look. "No," he replied sternly. He quickened his pace, searching intently while trying not to stare at the numerous couples. I also quickened my pace to catch up.

"Why not?? Just tell me..." I urged on.

"Why do you have to know?"

"CUZ SHE'S MY DONGSAENG," I semi-shouted, gaining a few odd looks from passing couples.

A crease formed between his eyebrows as he pursed his lips. "Someone else likes her."

"And...?" I leaned in closer, waiting intently for a reply.  I mean, what's the big deal if someone else likes her? My dongsaeng is kind, lovable, cute, of course alot of people will like her!

"That 'someone' is my best friend."

"...Oh."

There was a brief silence between us.

"But...you like Mi Sook, right...?" I asked quietly.  A shade of red rose up to his cheeks.

"Y-yea," he mumbled, scratching the back of his neck.

We were by a small playground, with a set of swings and a small slide.  On one of the swings, someone with a box on there lap sat  there, their head lowered.

"Mi Sook!" Baro shouted before I could, and quickly ran towards her.  She lifter her tearstained face, looking around obliviously. In that time, I hid behind a tree, giving the two of them some time.

"Baro?" she squeaked.

"A-anyeong."

Then he just stood there, his hand placed on the back of his neck. I gripped at the bark on the tree, shaking my head at the sight. SAY SOMETHING TO HER, DAMMIT.

He cleared his throat." M-mianhae, Mi Sook," he said quietly.  She lowered her head, once again on the verge of tears.  Suprised, Baro began to blabber on pointlessly.  "A-are you crying again? Mi Sook-ah, d-don't cry!  I like you! (he paused) b-b-but I can't lik--someone else---AISH." He as well bowed his head. "Mianhae, Mi Sook," he mumbled.

Mi Sook didn't say a word, but instead, continued to stare down at her lap. Baro lifted her hand off the box, and took it into his own hands.  "I-if this was for me, I'll eat it, since you made it for me."  He turned a deep red. "See you tomorrow at school," he said politely, bowing at an angle of 90 degrees, and ran away.

I guess this is when I come in.

I silently walked out from behind the tree and headed towards her.  She didn't notice me until I was a few feet away. Once she did,she quickly got off the swing and started to walk away.

"Mi Sook, wait!" I called out, running after her.  I quickly caught her arm, but she furiously shook it off.

"Why are you here?" she asked coldly.

"Baro and I were searching for you..."

"So you saw everything?"

I nodded a small nod. "Y-ye.."

A small whimper came from the girl infront of me, her shoulders shaking. She looked so fragile, so defenseless, and it broke my heart to see my dongsaeng in this state.  I put an arm over her shoulder, pulling her into a hug.  This time, she didn't pull away.

"H-he doesn't l-like m-me..." she choked out between sniffles.

I sympathetic smile came onto my face. "Ani, you don't know that."

She pulled away slightly. "B-bwoh?? He r-rejected me-e!!"

"That may be true, but he might have his reasons to."

"L-like what?"

"Cuz his best friend l-" I bit my tongue.  Baro probably wouldn't want me to tell her. "Uh...maybe he..isn't.ready..." I made up.

She sniffled as she wiped away her tears, but new ones began to roll down her face. "U-Unni..." she cried.

I pulled her back into a hug, patting her head.

"Don't give up, okay dongsaeng?"

I smiled and patted her back. It was the first time she called me "unni" in a long time. It reminded me of the old days when life had been so simple, and the only pain we had to deal with was a small scratch on the knee.  Life becomes more and more complicated as you grow older, whether you want it to or not.  I felt the tight grip on my t-shirt, as if a small child was the one clinging onto me.

"Gomawo u-unni," she sniffled into my shoulder.

I smiled. "Anytime."

 

Once we got home, we enjoyed the cake I had bought earlier on in the day, eating every last bit of it, of course, leaving a slice for umma.  We finished cleaning up the dishes as the frotn door unlocked with the turn of a key.

"Umma! You're back from work so early today?" I said, still having my eyes fixed on the dishes.

"Umma..." Mi Sook trailed off.

It was then that I felt something was wrong. I set the dishes aside and slowly turned around.

"Umma...?"  She slumped into the couch, her face buried in her hands, a soft cry escaping from .  "What's the matter?" I asked, my throat dry.

"The company," she whimpered," i-is going b-bankrupt. All the employees have no jobs." She buried her face into her palms again, crying harder than before.

Umma didn't work at an insanely large company, but rather a small, local one, and the benefits were quite minimal, or close to none.  Umma had to start working once our father passed away, and needed to bring in some sort of income.  It was hard for her to find a job at her age, and she worked her head off to bring in as much money as possible once she got hired.  But now, since she has no job, we have to figure out a way to bring in at least some income, and it'd be unreasonable for her to go find another job at her age.

"Umma, don't worry," I said, trying to comfort her.

"OOETOKKE...HOW-W C-AN I NOT W-WORRY??" she bawled, tears streaming from her eyes.

"Don't worry, I'll figure out a way," I reassured her, although I wasn't too sure how I would.

*you have signed online*

Jin.star♪ says (8:32) 

Anyeong, Min :DD

Min.minsays (8:32)

Anyeong

Jin.star♪ says (8:32) 

o.o Is anything wrong?

Min.minsays (8:32)

Ani, life is just a bit stressful, thats all.

Jin.star♪ says (8:33) 

:/ is there anything I could do to help?

Min.minsays (8:33)

I don't think so, but thanks for the offer (:

Jin.star♪ says (8:33)

Okay :x Try to be happy, alright?

 Min.minsays (8:33)

I'll try.

Jin.star♪ says (8:33) 

Or I'll be stressed and worried that you're not happy. > <

 

I chuckled solemnly at his reply.

 

 Min.minsays (8:34)

Mianhae.

Jin.star♪ says (8:34)

Eh? O.O You don't have to say sorry....

 Min.minsays (8:34)

You don't have to worry

Jin.star♪ says (8:34)

But I am ):

 Min.minsays (8:35)

Please don't! Or else that might make me feel even more stressed..haha.

Jin.star♪ says (8:35)

Was that laugh forced?

 Min.minsays (8:35)

?

Jin.star♪ says (8:36)

If only I could cheer you up somehow :|

Min.minsays (8:36)

I think just talking to you might cheer me up (:

Jin.star♪ says (8:36)

I wish I could sing for you~ ♪

Min.minsays (8:36)

You can sing? :o

Jin.star♪ says (8:36)

I'm pretty decent at it too, if I say so myself :D

 

I smiled.

 

Min.minsays (8:36)

Hahaha That'd be nice to hear you sing XD

Jin.star♪ says (8:37)

Do you want to hear?

Min.minsays (8:37)

o.o how?

Jin.star♪ says (8:37)

Mm...audio conversation? :'D

I stared at his response.  My heart started to beat faster. Although I've started talking to Jin for quite a long period of time, never have we seen, let alone hear each other.  I was always worried about webcam conversations, but I never actually thought of having a conversation with just the audio.  I bit my bottom lip, eager to hear what his voice sounded like.

Min.minsays (8:39)

Okay O///O

Jin.star♪ says (8:39)

YAY! I can hear your voice again XD

 

...what does he mean by again? Does he mean "finally"? I've never talked to Jin (as in hearing his voice) before...right?  Before I could ask him about it, he began spamming our conversation box.

 

Jin.star♪ says (8:39)

that was a typo.

typo

typo

TYPO!

I meant

Jin.star♪ says (8:40)

alas.

:x

Min.minsays (8:40)

LOOL

Sure you did XDD

 

And by "LOOL", I actually meant it.  I was clutching my stomach from laughter, trying to figure out if that was actually what he was trying to type (I doubt it).  Silly Jin. XD

 

Jin.star♪ says (8:40)

So...audio? > <

 

My heart began to beat faster again.

Min.minsays (8:40)

Sure :"x

 

In a couple of seconds, a request for an audio conversation popped up into our conversation box.  I slowly clicked on the "accept" button, trying to prepare myself.  I was actually going to talk to Jin! I took a deep breath in and out, trying to keep myself composed.  Wait, why am I so nervous in the first place?  I shook my head, and proceeded in clicking "accept". At the sound of a small tune, the line was connected.  It was silent.

"Y-yeoboseyo?" said a voice from my speakers. I felt my heart beat furiously against my chest, but didn't let it get to me.

"Anyeong, Jin?" I squeaked. I heard him chuckle on the other side of the line.

"Anyeong, Min."

I laughed a small laugh, not knowing what else to do.

"Your voice is nice, you know that?" he said.

I blushed and laughed. "Kamsahamnida....so are you going to sing for me?"

"Oh! Yeah! What do you want me to sing?"

I thought. There were alot of songs that I liked, but I wouldn't know which ones he'd know how to sing. "What do you know how to sing?"

"Anything."

"Hmm...." I thought and thought. "Molla~ Just sing whatever," I chuckled.

"Okay then."

I heard a guitar begin to play, and a sweet melodic voice came from my speakers.

"I sing this especially for you, arraso?"

I suddenly became nervouse (in a good way), my heart beating away like crazy.

*http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TSgG382zBlw listen to the song!!*

♪"ulgo sipeul ttae ureoyo seulpeumdeureul aesseo chamji marayo     geudaega dasi useul su itge naega anajulgeyo..."♪

I knew instantly what song it was.  "Only One"  was one of my favorite songs by B1A4. I smiled like crazy.  How can someone be so sweet? I rested my head in my palms, admiring his angelic voice.  He was right,  he was really good at singing.

♪"I pray no tears in your dreams     I know you’ll fly high in your life..."♫

"Wow."

"How'd you like it?" he asked eagerly.

"You are amazing....was that really you singing?" I asked, unable to believe how nice his voice was.

"Of course!!"

"You could be a professional singer!" I chimed, cuz it was true.  He chuckled. His laugh was soft, kind,....and familiar o.o.

"You're flattering me too much."

His voice sounded really, and I mean REALLY. familiar.  Where have I heard it before?? I furrowed my brow in concentration, trying to pin point who's voice it reminded me of. All of a sudden, a yell came from the other side.

"OH JINNIE~~COME DOWN HERE! UMMA--"

Then he spoke, "Mianhae, Mina--MIN, I have to go, hope to talk to you soon again."

"Oh. Okay, Bye!" I said, feeling rushed.

"Bye, Min."

With that, the line as broken, leaving the room silent again. I scratched my head.

His voice sounds REALLY---LIKE REAALLY, FAMILIAR.

 

-   -    --     -             -               -                -                    -                 -

Hey everyone? How was the chappie? Hmm...so someone else likes MinAh's dongsaeng, I wonder who it is? ;P

And Jin sang for her! Who would've GUESSED that he knows how to sing? ahahaha

Thanks to my new subbies:

~B2uty143                       ~nammyunghee

~mayonnaise                  ~Mitsuki1o1

~UnKnown00                  ~Sorachan_

~lovely_chong18          ~iamnotSsanti

~TaishaNike                   ~JooYoung

And much love to ALL my subscribers~

Sorry for not updating last week, I was freaking busy x.x

I'VE MISSED YOU GUYS SO MUCH~ ♥

If you haven't already, please SUBSCRIBE AND COMMENT!! That'd be much appreciated :DDDD

:DDD

:DDDD

:DDDDD

 

 

Ehehehe~I drew a picture of "Gongchan" (my version)...anyone want to see it?  I just have to find the time to scan it ahahaha

-gives icecream sundae- PLEASE CONTINUE TO SUPPORT MY FF :DD

-->be thankful i didn'y put this in bright YELLOW!! ahaha XDD