Party Preparations

The Kungfu Queen (Bodyguard Princess II)

It was two days before Chanyeol's release from Prison.

And the Palace was in an uproar.

"Hurry you toot, why are you tripping over your robes? They aren't even long." Kai scowled at Sehun. Sehun pouted and quickly ran to catch up with the other boys, annoyed at Kai. "You're always complaining, hyung. One day, your face will get stuck in that scowl and Minhee wouldn't want you."

Kai scowled even deeper. "She wouldn't abandon me." he glanced at his girlfriend.

"Oh she would." Sehun said knowingly. "If she realized what a mean bully you are and how manly and charming I am, she would definitely have a change of heart." he wriggled his brows at Minhee who blushed.

Kai whacked Sehun's head hard and the maknae crashed into D.O.. D.O. helped the maknae steady himself and rolled his eyes at them both. "Sehun, stop bothering your hyung. Kai, stop being an . Problem solved." he grinned smugly.

The two cousins pouted and remained quiet.

"You're good." Suho commented, nodding in approval. "They never listen to me when I say things like that."

D.O. grinned in triumph. "Maybe because you never say anything wise like that?" he flicked his imaginary long curls. Suho raised his brows. "You mean calling Kai an is wise? Wow. I predict the downward spiral of korean culture if this continues."

The five princes rushed over to the Prison once again and went in to meet Chanyeol. Originally, kins of the prisoners weren't allowed to visit for more than twice a week, and not more than two at a time.

However, because all of them were royalty, the prison guards didn't dare say anything about their visiting schedule.

"Minhee," Kai stopped her when they were about to enter the prison. "The Prison isn't a place for girls to visit. You stay outside and wait."

Minhee bit her lip, wanting to disagree but couldn't find the words. She was a little afraid of the sort of people in the other cells too, and being inside would definitely make her think about what sort of crimes they had committed to have been locked in there.

"Then I guess Sora can wait outside too." Suho told her. "We'll be quick."

The boys went into the prison and were let into Chanyeol's cell. He beamed at the princes as they went in, causing a whole lot of commotion whenever all of them chose to visit together. They brought snacks and drinks, even for the rest of the other prisoners in the other cells.

"HYUNG!" Sehun beamed at Chanyeol.

"Hey!" Chanyeol grinned at them. "All of you are here!" he smiled in appreciation. "Except Byul?"

"Princess lessons." Baekhyun muttered in distaste. "Anyway Yeol have you heard?"

"About my release?" Chanyeol laughed. "Of course. I can't wait." he beamed excitedly.

"Neither can we." Suho nodded. "The Queen's asking about you too, and I heard some of the other maids talking about your return. They seem excited."

"Maids?" Kai raised his brows.

D.O. rolled his eyes. "Not your girl, definitely."

"When you're released, hyung, let's all go horse riding together." Sehun held out his last finger. "And we'll have a battle with swords because I've been practicing and I'm going to beat your !"

Chanyeol smiled and hooked his last finger with Sehun's. "Yes let's."

-----

"To the right!" Baekhyun hollered. "No more to the left, no RIGHT! More, yes, yes just a liiiiiiittle bit more and- STOP!" he barked.

All the servants and maids jumped in surprise.

"Perfect." Baekhyun grinned and clicked his fingers.

The boys gathered around to admire the painting which Baekhyun had ordered few months ago. It was a portrait of the six of them together with Byul at the side, painted by one of the most famous artists of that time.

The five princes and Byul had posed for the painting for whole afternoons for three days straight before the vague outline of the painting was done. And then the painter had to go to the prison to paint Chanyeol to insert him between Suho and Baekhyun, completing the whole picture.

All of them were smiling brightly in the picture even though they had to be scowling at that point because of the heat and boredom from posing. All because of Baekhyun who wanted to have the painting done at in front of a meadow. Darn.

"I look good." Kai commented, grinning. "Never seen a guy that looks good in paintings and in real life."

"It's the painter's skill alright?" D.O. shook his head. "I remember going to the toilet halfway through and when I came back for the posing, your scowl was the deepest amongst all of us. You were positively enraged and almost pounced at the painter for taking such a long time even though he was seventy plus."

"Still, I look good." Kai shrugged, not caring.

Baekhyun smiled at the picture, and he felt a sudden rush within him, rendering him emotional. He couldn't wait for the days to return back to how they were in the past, when all of them were happy and no conflicts were present. If only things could remain that simple.

He missed Chanyeol.

Even though he could visit Chanyeol any time he wanted, it still wasn't the same. He knew people were gossiping about Chanyeol and he knew the latter didn't care, but still he didn't feel good about it. He wanted to have his best friend and brother there for him when he needed him, and vice versa.

He rushed to the Prison first when he first asked for Byul's hand in marriage from Mrs Han and the mother said yes. It was Chanyeol whom Baekhyun thought of first when he wanted to share his joy.

He hadn't been a good enough hyung before. Even though Chanyeol always said that his being in jail was entirely his own fault to blame, but Baekhyun didn't think so.

After all, he had known Chanyeol was interested in Byul before everything happened.

He was the one who had decided to dismiss his suspicions and to get closer to Byul without hesitation. It was him who had fallen in love with Byul AFTER Chanyeol did, and he knew that in terms of justice and fairness, he didn't deserve Byul.

And he was even more sorry because even after all the guilt and regrets, he still couldn't let Byul go for Chanyeol even if the latter forced him to.

No. Because even though Chanyeol was his best friend and best mate, Byul was his everything.

"Yah." Suho blinked in surprise at Baekhyun. "Are you tearing up?"

Baekhyun wiped at his cheeks and was humiliated to find it wet. Damn, he was to be king some day. It wouldn't do if he cried at every little thing.

"I'm not. It's the perspiration." Baekhyun fibbed. "Why the hell would I cry just looking at a painting?"

"How would I know? I'm not you." Suho grinned knowingly. He patted Baekhyun on the shoulder and smiled thinly. "It's all in the past, Baekhyun. Look into the future. We'll all get our own happiness, Chanyeol will too."

Baekhyun nodded, his lips pressed in a firm line. Yes, yes he would.

-----

"You're back!" Baekhyun brightened when Byul finally strode into his quarters, looking tired as if she had slaughtered a thousand bulls. Byul looked at him tiredly and forced a smile. "Oh, you're here."

"Of course I'm here, I'm always here waiting for you." Baekhyun grinned as he wrapped an arm around her shoulder and led her to her room to rest. "Was today tough?"

"Very." Byul sighed softly. "Attendant Kim thought I was walking like a hooligan and decided to make me strut around the Palace with three porcelain bowls on top of my head. Every time I broke a bowl, she would add ten minutes to my two hour walk."

"Guess how many hours that walk turned out to be?" Byul raised her brows.

Baekhyun grinned and squeezed her shoulders. "Two hours?"

"Flatterer." Byul wrinkled her nose. "I started walking before lunch and ended after dinner time. What do you think?" she shook her head. "And she didn't even let the maids clear up the broken bowls. I had to run around the entire palace to clean up the broken bowls after I was done." she slumped when she reached her room and fell face first on her bed, letting out a loud sigh.

Baekhyun sat next to her and massaged her shoulders. "Poor baby." he cooed softly, feeling bad for her. "Should I behead that witch?"

"Don't talk about killing so easily, Ddong-ha. It's a life, as much as I hate her." Byul murmured, her eyes closed. Baekhyun smiled at her words. That was his righteous star.

"By the way, the boys have already planned for the party two days later." Baekhyun told her as he massaged her tensed up muscles. "Chanyeol's going to come out and we'll welcome him with a loud bang!"

Byul shifted slightly. "That...sounds...good..." she slurred sleepily.

"It does huh?" Baekhyun leaned down and peered at her face. He shook her softly and she didn't respond, completely knocked out.

He chuckled softly and shook his head, releasing her hair from her ponytail so that it was more comfortable. He flipped her to her back and tucked her in the covers, caressing her cheeks gently. She looked so tired.

"Sleep." he kissed her forehead. "I'll be here, watching."