Jealousy

The Kungfu Queen (Bodyguard Princess II)

Chanyeol stared out of his window, feeling the light night breeze against his cheek.

He couldn't sleep no matter how he tried, counting sheep, reciting poetry, doing pushups and sit ups....just no. Sleep wouldn't come to him no matter what.

How could it, anyway? Sora just told Chanyeol that she liked Baekhyun.

Not like in the general sense when he talked about liking martial arts and liking the sun. No. She LIKED Baekhyun.

Chanyeol knew Sora was attracting his affections in a strange manner even with his suspicions and doubts about her motives and character. She just seemed to innocent and pure even if everythingn about her seemed to spell DANGEROUS and anyone with common sense knew better than to stick close to her.

He couldn't help it. He was just curious and he just paid attention to her. It was all out of his control.

The moment Sora told him that she liked Baekhyun, something in him clicked. The realization of the degree of desperation and helplessness he felt at that moment was shocking, that indeed he could feel such negative feelings for something the girl had said. Even if he only met the girl for a few weeks.

The desperation and helplessness was on par with what he felt when he saw Baekhyun and Byul kissing in the gardens the day when he realized Byul wasn't the one for him.

Chanyeol swallowed, rubbing his temples. He liked Sora, he realized. He liked her very much, to dangerous extents. What was he doing, falling for all the girls that already had their sights set on Baekhyun?

Chanyeol sighed heavily and bit his lip, looking out at the moon again. He could have sworn there was something between Sora and him. A connection, whatever it was called.

Was it all in his imagination? He could have sworn that the air fizzled with excitement when they were near, when their eyes met it was so dangerously exciting and there were tingles down his spine. He thought she would have felt it too because darn, even the densest person on Earth would have felt it. It couldn't be missed.

Apparently he was more imaginative than he thought, he supposed. Because those weren't felt by Sora at all, because she liked Baekhyun, not him.

The disappointment hit him once again and Chanyeol shook his head, rubbing his temples. "," he whispered. "I think I'm in love with her."

 

 

 

Dangerous things were happening to Byul, following the shocking revelation that Sora liked Baekhyun.

Byul went back to her room and hugged herself with the blanket, staring into the darkness without bothering to even light a candle. She felt this nagging dread wallowing in the pits of her stomach and she felt puke rising up every few moments.

Sora liked Baekhyun. Were the feelings reciprocated?

Byul swallowed, feeling the unease build. There was no doubt that Baekhyun was acting really strange that evening. He never even tried to kiss her once the whole three hours they were together and seemed slightly distracted, guarded and withdrawn.

Was he thinking of someone else the entire time?

Byul bit her lip, feeling her confidence level plunge once more. Perhaps he finally realized that Byul wasn't good enough for him, the nagging fear she had always kept in her heart: that one day he would realize and one day he would choose someone else over her.

Her confidence and self-esteem had already suffered a blow from the criticisms of the people, the gossips around the palace and even Attendant Kim's mindless scoldings. She was now in awe of the fact that Baekhyun loved her, because how could he? What did he see in her at all? Of course he would turn to another more attractive woman, because there was nothing in her to like.

Byul curled up on her bed and felt a tear roll down her cheeks. Damn, she might be super badass when fighting and things like that, but she was seriously losing her cool in everything else.

-----

Byul found that the person she could seek to talk about her feelings was Chanyeol. He had been one of her first friends when she entered the palace, and not to mention he was a nice person that would always listen to her troubles.

She couldn't talk to Baekhyun nor Sora for very obvious reasons, so Chanyeol was her only option left. Suho was wise but she wasn't too close with the leader. Kai would probably laugh at her. D.O. would smile in that earnest way of his but probably wouldn't have anything good to say. Sehun would be too immature to understand her concerns and would probably suggest a picnic.

Byul seeked Chanyeol out at his quarters and found him in a strikingly familiar pose of staring at the sky blankly while deep in thought. It seemed that the prince had troubles of his own as well.

"Hey." Byul sat down beside Chanyeol and offered him a small smile. "You okay?"

Chanyeol blinked and looked at her, surprised. He shook his head in amusement and rubbed his temples. "Damn, you came all the way here from the door and I didn't hear you. My guard was seriously down." he muttered. "Thank goodness you weren't an assassin."

"You can handle any assassin just fine." Byul assured. She looked at him for a bit and frowned. "Are you okay? You seemed to be deep in thought just now."

Chanyeol sighed softly and nodded. "I am." he admitted. "Revelations, shocking ones. I'm a little lost right now."

"Talk about it." Byul agreed, stretching out on the bench. "Revelations. I hate those. Ignorance is bliss, I never realized how true that was." she murmured.

Chanyeol looked over at her with raised brows. "What revelations are you talking about?"

"Probably the same revelation you're mulling over." Byul smiled humorlessly. "I overheard yours and Sora's conversation in the gardens yesterday night. I was talking a stroll and I saw the two of you, I didn't mean to eavesdrop but...well, I did. No denying that now." she shrugged.

Chanyeol blinked for a few times before it hit him. "You heard what she said." he whispered. "And you're bothered?"

"You obviously are as well." Byul nudged him, pretending to laugh. "It seems her little confession of who she likes is bothering you more than normal." she eyed him. "Anything to add on that?"

The prince shifted uncomfortably on his seat. "So maybe I liked her a little more than I imagined." he admitted. He looked over to Byul and knitted his brows. "And what are you mulling over then? Sora liking Baekhyun obviously isn't something to worry about. Unless you're worried that Sora would seduce Baekhyun, but I don't think she would. And I'm not biased when I make that judgement."

Byul lowered her gaze at the irony. She wasn't afraid of Sora seducing Baekhyun, she was afraid of Baekhyun realizing how rotten his choice of a bride was.

Chanyeol's eyes widened at her silence and finally figured out what she was concerned over. He gaped at her and shook his head in awe. "Han Eunbyul! You can't be serious!" he gaped. "Hyung's head over heels in love with you! I don't think he can ever be MORE in love with a person than he is with you, Byul!"

"People can change!" Byul shot back. "At present, I don't see how I can hold his interest-"

"Love isn't about holding interests, Byul." Chanyeol frowned. "You think those couples that stay loving till they're seventy or eighty are still interested in each other? When two person know each other so well till there is nothing new to learn about each other, naturally as time passes, interest fades. But love? Love is an insane thing that makes one embrace every single thing about the other person, even if the other person is flawed. Even if you know the other person inside out, all his drawbacks and things he would never want other people knowing about, you love him. You accept all of him."

Byul grew silent.

"And Baekhyun hyung loves you, okay? Please don't doubt that." Chanyeol sighed heavily. "You could tell him that you were alien sent to destroy Earth and he would still be in love with you. That's how stupid he is."

Byul bit her lip to contain her tears. "I'm just, not confident." she whispered.

Chanyeol squeezed Byul's shoulder comfortingly. "You can be uncertain about a lot of things, but if there's one thing to be confident in, Byul, that's Baekhyun hyung's love for you."

-----

"Where did you go?" Baekhyun questioned, his eyes not on Byul but instead on Chanyeol behind her. His face was expressionless, not a tinge of emotion visible to the eye.

Byul left Chanyeol's side and forced a smile. "I went to Chanyeol's to have a little talk with him. Time to catch up, you know."

Baekhyun eyed Chanyeol, a lump rising in his throat. Did Chanyeol still love Byul?

Chanyeol sensed the tension rising between them and decided to leave. "I'll leave you two lovebirds together." he muttered. "See you later for lunch, hyung. I'll get going." he strode out of the quarters.

Baekhyun's gaze immediately shot to Byul's, his expression turning hard. "I woke up in the morning and was simply worried out of my mind when I couldn't find you and I looked all around the place like a maniac and..." he whispered, shaking his head. "You went to find Chanyeol?"

"Hey, don't be mad." Byul touched his arm lightly. "I just...needed someone to talk to and didn't notice the time flying. I should have been back earlier."

"Talk?" Baekhyun burst out with surprising menace. "Why look for someone to talk when you have me?" he demanded. "I swear you're changing, Han Eunbyul!"

"Me?" Byul gaped at him, tears welling in her eyes. "What are you talking about? I'm still the Han Eunbyul from the first day I came as your bodyguard!"

"You..." Baekhyun struggled with his words. *You changed. Your heart changed.* "I'm just mad at you, alright? Don't go prancing off to another man's quarters alone without my knowledge ever again!"

Byul shook her head and stared at him, a tear leaking from her eyes. "You're horrible." she whispered, running to her room without a backward glance.

Baekhyun watched her go and let out a heavy sigh. He rubbed his temples and groaned to himself. "What the hell did I just do? They just talked, Byun Baekhyun. Talked."

 

 

 

 

 

 

Heyy guys.

I know I haven't been updating as frequently as I was in the past, but bad news is that my updating rate most slightly won't speed up. I'm waiting for uni to start so I'm holding a temp job right now. I work 9-6 and honestly, writing is the last thing I feel like doing after work.

I have to go for interviews, prepare myself for them, worry about my uni and scholarship applications, and at the same time I've got to have a social life as well.

I try to write as much and as often as I can, but I want to spend time with my friends as well before they enter army.I want to let you guys know that I appreciate you guys reading and supporting and I thank you for your patience.

I'm sorry if I don't reply to messages and wallposts fast, or if my answers are short. If I don't reply your post it's most likely that I missed yours. Sorry for that.

I just want to thank you guys for waiting and supporting.

Peace,
Goddess.