New Bodyguard

The Kungfu Queen (Bodyguard Princess II)

Baekhyun snuck a glance at his bodyguard.

He wrinkled his nose in displeasure at how close his bodyguard was to him.

Baekhyun took one step to the right. Eunhyuk took a step to the right.

Baekhyun shuffled forward. Eunhyuk followed.

Baekhyun took three sudden steps back. Eunhyuk darted to follow.

Baekhyun frowned. What in the world was up with this guy? He stuck closer to the crown prince compared to when Byul was his bodyguard. Byul just made sure not to let Baekhyun leave her sight as she knew she could easily catch up with him when he tried to run away.

Eunhyuk on the other hand, knew nothing about personal space and privacy, following Baekhyun closely even when the latter went to the bathroom.

Yes, even when Baekhyun went to the bathroom, Eunhyuk followed. The faithful bodyguard would wait for Baekhyun just outside the door so that Baekhyun wouldn't even have a chance to run away.

He didn't have any intention of running away, oh what a misunderstanding. Baekhyun had decided to be a nice boy since Byul had become his wife-to-be. He had to put on his best behavior so that no one would dare suggest that his bad behaviors were due to bad influence by his girl.

Meh, those gossip-mongers didn't even have a chance.

However, Baekhyun was REALLY thinking of running away this time. Seriously, not from his princely duties, or the boredom of the palace life, the restrictive lifestyle...no. He had gotten used to all that.

He wanted to run away from Eunhyuk.

Seriously, he was such a infuriatingly good bodyguard that it got on Baekhyun's nerves. Baekhyun let out an annoyed growl and threw his book on the ground. Eunhyuk jumped up in surprise, blinking. "Jeonha?"

"Dude!" Baekhyun tried to follow some of the American slang he had heard. "Can you not stick to me like a slug? Personal space, have you ever heard of anything like that?"

"It's not that I want to," Eunhyuk scratched his head sheepishly. "It's just that Byul kinda told me to keep an eye on you, very closely, so that you wouldn't get into trouble and you'd be forever protected and safe and sound and..." he faltered when he saw Baekhyun's darkening face. "I should shut up now."

"Han Eunbyul..." Baekhyun scowled. "That girl. Does she really think I don't have any capabilities of protecting myself?" he raised his arm and flexed his muscles.

Eunhyuk eyed the crown prince's arm and cleared his throat. Did the Crown Prince really expect an answer for that?

"Whatever." Baekhyun sighed softly. "It's my fault for falling for a muscle Kungfu woman." he muttered. He snuck a look at Eunhyuk. "But seriously, I swear I won't run away. Just don't stick to me like you're my lover or something. If only Eunbyul stuck to me as closely as you do, wow that, I don't mind." he let out a low whistle.

Eunhyuk shifted uncomfortably. "That's my best friend you're talking about." he muttered. "I don't see her in that light at all."

"Good. Or you'd be beheaded by now." Baekhyun sang casually. Eunhyuk's hands flew to his neck in alarm and he gulped.

Baekhyun grinned in satisfaction as he put his hands behind him and strolled around the palace compound, not interested in the book anymore. He couldn't really focus on anything when Byul wasn't around him, but he really tried. He hoped to be a good King in the future and he was doing all the homework that he missed doing in the past. He was doing quite a good job even though he wasn't really focusing on what he was doing.

And when Byul was around him, he could only focus on one thing: her.

"By the way, Jeonha," Eunhyuk scurried to follow him. "I've been meaning to tell you something." he backed away slightly when Baekhyun eyed the lack of distance between them. "Uhm, I don't think I can be your bodyguard for much longer."

Baekhyun stopped in his tracks and wheeled around with the brightest smile possible. "REALLY?"

Eunhyuk's face fell. "Hey!"

"Joking." Baekhyun grinned. "So why can't you be my bodyguard anymore?"

"I've coached some junior soldiers and guards these past few months," Eunhyuk rubbed the back of his neck. "And I realized that I really like teaching. I think I want to go back to the Military Academy to be a teacher assistant, so I'm thinking of resigning." he pinked.

"Does Eunbyul know about this?" Baekhyun raised his brows. "It's okay with me, I'll support you since you're her friend. The Military Academy is quite near to the Palace too so you can visit any time with my word."

Eunhyuk sighed in relief. "Great. I was hoping for this reaction." he smiled. "So I guess Jeonha, you'd have to find a new bodyguard?"

Baekhyun blinked like he never considered that.

"A new bodyguard?" he echoed.

 

 

 

"I don't want a new bodyguard." Baekhyun whined. "Can't I have Eunbyul with me? She's the best fighter and she'll protect me, won't she? I don't anyone else. I only agreed with Eunhyuk because he's almost like Eunbyul's brother." he pouted.

"Stop behaving like a baby, Baekhyun." the King shook his head. "Even your mother and I have bodyguards because it's not purely for ourselves that our safety is ensured, Baekhyun. It concerns the entire country. What would happen if there weren't bodyguards to stop stupid assassins from harming us? The whole country would be in chaos, Baekhyun. You have to think about that."

Byul nodded. "I agree. I'll help to find a new bodyguard for you, ddong-...Jeonha."

Baekhyun sulked. "I'm not saying I don't want a bodyguard, I'm just saying that if I'm to have a bodyguard, she's going to be Han Eunbyul." he took Byul's hand. "I'm not settling for any other person."

"Too bad." The Queen laughed at her son's childishness. "I didn't know you'd be such a sticky lover, Baekhyun."

Baekhyun pinked and promptly let go of Byul's hand. "Excuse me? I'm not sticking to her. It's her sticking to me!" he pointed at how near he and Byul were sitting. "You see? She's sticking herself next to me!"

The King rolled his eyes and sighed, wondering how his naive son could ever govern this land and Byul wanted to smack herself. She smiled at the King and Queen. "Don't worry about it, your majesties. I will make sure to pick out the best fighter bodyguard for Jeonha. The new bodyguard won't disappoint."

The King and Queen smiled and nodded while Baekhyun pouted in displeasure. A new bodyguard? He only hoped that new guy wouldn't be too ugly or he would have to see an ugly face every hour of the day.

------

"I'll talk to Head Attendant Kim about it." Baekhyun blurted suddenly that night while he was eating dinner with Byul.

Byul raised her brows as she ate her rice deliciously. Her appetite was alarming every single day and Baekhyun suspected it was due to the sufferings she endured due to her princess lessons.

"About what?" Byul answered, full as she stuffed more rice.

"About stopping the princess lessons." Baekhyun muttered. "Look at you. You're suffering from it and I'm missing you all the time. There's nothing good coming out from those freaking princess lessons so let's stop it. You can be my bodyguard again." he clicked his finger.

"So that means you don't want me as your wife but only as your bodyguard?" Byul raised her brows. "Pity, just when I was thinking of names for our children."

"You thought about it too?" Baekhyun lit up brightly. "I thought about names as well!!! If we have a boy, we can call him Hyunjae and if we have a girl, Songmi is a nice name? What do you think? Any suggestions?" he chewed on a bean. "How many kids should we have? I was thinking of at least five."

"Ddong-ha!" Byul sighed, rolling her eyes in exasperation. "I was kidding. I didn't really expect you to have thought about all that."

Baekhyun's face fell. "What? So you never thought about all that? Man!" he smacked his thigh. "I thought you were so into having babies that we could get into the process of making babies." He wriggled his brows suggestively.

That earned a hard whack on his head that caused him to feel dizzy for a few moments. "Girl, you hit hard." he muttered, shaking his head to clear his vision. "We'd have to do THAT when we get married. I mean, we're already living in the same quarters. The next step is just sharing a bed."

"DDONG-HA!"

"Alright I'll stop!" Baekhyun guffawed at Byul's embarrassed expression. He took a few seconds to calm himself and leaned over to rest his chin on Byul's shoulder. "But really, do we have to get a new bodyguard?" he sulked.

Byul twisted her lips. "Your aegyo doesn't work on me, ddong-ha. Only Sehun's does."

"That ." Baekhyun whispered. He circled his arms around her waist and swayed them side to side. "Fine fine, we'll choose a new bodyguard for me. You don't miss Eunhyuk when he's gone?"

"He's just around the corner. I'll go visit him while he teaches the kids." Byul smiled. "It'll be funny to watch them bully him."

"Just like how you like to bully me." Baekhyun muttered. "So I'm guessing we'll have another election to choose a new bodyguard?"

"Yep." Byul nodded, pushing his head away and continued to eat. Baekhyun smiled and flicked her ponytail. "What if a new pretty girl becomes my bodyguard and I fall for her instead?" he teased.

Byul shot him a death glare.

"I wouldn't dare." Baekhyun laughed as he snuck a kiss on her lips.