Rash and Rage

The Kungfu Queen (Bodyguard Princess II)


"HAN EUNBYUL!!" Baekhyun ran faster than he remembered. He couldn't have anything happen to her, no way. Even if it was just a small flu or cough, he would worry himself incessantly.

Byul was too precious to him. She was someone that shouldn't be allowed an ounce of suffering or pain, no matter how slight.

Baekhyun burst through the doors just as the Royal Physician was making his way out of his quarters. Baekhyun immediately moved to stop him urgently, panting hard as he heaved. "How is she?" he demanded, regardless of manners and respect.

The Royal Physician seemed startled dat his sudden entrance but quickly collected his nerves. "Jeonha." he bowed. "Gongjumama is currently resting." he explained. "It seems that she had a little heat and she's been exerting herself quite a bit these days is she?" he frowned. "A few days' rest is a must for her to recover and make sure she gets lots of water."

"Heat ?" Baekhyun's voice rose. "What the hell did she do to get heat ?" he shrieked. "She never even got something like that when she was traning in the military academy!"

The royal physician sent Baekhyun a look. "I know nothing of that, Jeonha. My job is only to diagnose what happened to gongju-mama, I'm not responsible for what happened in the first place. I've already told the maids the mix of herbs needed, just make sure gongju-mama consumes the herbs on time." he bowed. "Get lots of water and make sure she's cool and not overheated. That is all, Jeonha."

The Royal Physician bowed and left.

Baekhyun rubbed his temples and immediately rushed into Byul's room, his heart dropping when he saw her sleeping sounding on her bed, looking pale and frail. This wasn't the Baekhyun he was used to. The Byul he was used to was supposed to hit him so hard that it hurt and caused him to bruise, not lying in bed looking so frail and weak.

Baekhyun sat down beside her and watched her sleep, his brows furrowed in worry. His eyes scanned her sleeping face and his hand went to caress her cheeks softly with his knuckles. "Damn you Han Eunbyul for making me worry.." he whispered brokenly. "What the hell did you do to get yourself like this?"

Byul slept on, cold perspiration breaking out across her forehead. Baekhyun wiped them off with his sleeve and sighed softly, rubbing her lips lightly with his thumbs. Her lips weren't supposed to be purple damn it.

Baekhyun pressed a soft kiss to Byul's forehead and ordered a maid to look after her.

He rolled up his sleeves and growled as he stormed out of his quarters, walking purposefully out to where he knew Attendant Kim was.

That ing devil was dead.

 


"Im Sora, come out." Chanyeol rose from his chair and strode out of the door.

The other EXO boys were too worried about Byul's health to notice what had happened and Sora could only look around in confusion. She quickly followed Chanyeol out and bit her lip when she saw him striding quickly without her.

She ran to catch up with him, wondering what he wanted from her. Chanyeol didn't look too happy, in fact, all the princes looked worried and troubled. She wondered what happened while she had gone off to the bathroom.

Chanyeol kept walking and walking while she followed behind him, not knowing where he was aiming to go. They didn't even have any business with each other did they? Why did he look so cross with her all of a sudden?

Sora bit her lip as she followed. She figured as she watched the princes that Chanyeol was one of the nicest princes out of them and this behavior of his was out of character, even for what a short time she knew him.

But Chanyeol didn't stop. He kept walking and walking and they almost finished a whole tour of the entire circumference of the palace.

Sora was slightly wary and afraid of him and she didn't dare to say anything to stop him. She just followed him as he strode around, not knowing when he wanted to stop or where he wanted to go. Was he angry because she went to the bathroom for a long time? Should she tell him that she took a long time because-

She knocked her head into something sturdy in front of him and she bounced back, rubbing her forehead. She blinked and saw that Chanyeol had suddenly stopped in front of her and she quickly bowed. "Sorry."

"You." Chanyeol hissed, not turning back. Sora saw that his fists were clenched tightly and his veins were showing.

He looked angry. VERY angry.

Sora flinched at the familiar tone, even if it was from an unfamiliar voice saying things like that. She was used to this, so used to this. The next thing she expected was an unexpected punch from nowhere and Sora almost squeezed her eyes closed, almost feeling the impact on her cheeks.

Chanyeol glowered at her, seething. "You dare hurt my friends and family." he growled. "You're going to regret it."

Sora opened her eyes. Wait what?

"I know you did it, didn't you?" Chanyeol glared at her accusingly. "You did right? What did you do to harm her? Do you know how much Baekhyun hyung loves her? Do you know how hurt he feels because of what you did?"

Sora gaped at him in confusion. What the hell was he talking about?

"Don't stare at me like you're innocent when you're not." Chanyeol snapped. "I should have known you were trouble when I saw you with that poison ivy."

Sora frowned at him, her face hardening. "If you're going to insult me, can you please tell me directly what you're accusing me of?" she suddenly blurted. "I will not be accused of anything when I don't even know what it is that I have done to cause such fury from you!"

She panted at her outburst, slightly shocked at her behavior. Chanyeol was as well, and he looked startled. He regained his cool and frowned at her. "Of course I'm talking about Byul fainting! You were responsible for that, weren't you?" he accused, growling.

"Princess Byul fainted?" Sora's eyes rounded. "When!"

Chanyeol backtracked a little, slightly suspicious. "Wait, didn't you know? You were gone at the bathroom for a long time and that was your excuse for...doing whatever it was, wasn't it?" he frowned. "You...poisoned Byul!" he pointed his finger at her accusingly.

Sora's jaw dropped. "Excuse me?" she squeaked out. "Me?"

"Of course you!" Chanyeol was beginning to doubt himself more and more as he spoke. "Why else would Byul have fainted if it wasn't for you? You're the new bodyguard and you're a girl. You're just trying to get rid of Byul or something...aren't you!"

Sora took a step back. "You think I made her faint?" she whispered, speechless. "That's nice to know how you see me." She looked away, biting her lips for a bit and Chanyeol was shocked to see his eyes tearing up. He paled slightly and swallowed. "If you hadn't done anything to Byul, what were you doing when you were gone so long?" he demanded. "You were obviously doing something fishy!" he didn't sound so certain anymore.

He wondered why he had so hurriedly accused her of doing what he thought she did. Really, Byul could have fainted for a million reasons now that he thought of it. Fatigue? Weak constitution? Heat?

Why didn't he think of all those reasons before he charged at her like a mindless bull?
"For your information Prince Chanyeol," Sora trembled as she whispered, apparently very shaken. "I was gone so long because I had to return to the servants quarters which wasn't very near to where the pavillion was."

"The servants quarters, why did you go to the servants quarters?" Chanyeol didn't know why he was so stubborn at the wrong time. Guilt was eating him up already when he saw the tears on Sora's cheeks and damn, since when did he act without thinking like this?

"Because I had my period, you !" Sora blurted.

Chanyeol's eyes widened in surprise and Sora looked away, heaving. She bit her lip and avoided her gaze. "I apologize for raising my voice, Prince Chanyeol. But I assure you that I have nothing to do with Princess Byul's weak constitution and that her fainting has got nothing to do with me. If you should need more proof, you can talk to the maid Luna. I ran into her when I went back to the servant's quarters. If that is all, I must look for Jeonha to resume my duties." she strode away quickly without a backward glance, and Chanyeol saw her reach out to wipe at her cheeks.

He let out a sigh and sank down onto a bench, biting his lip in regret. Why did he act like a crazy nut around this particular girl these days?

 

 


"What did you do to her, Head Attendant Kim?" Baekhyun's voice was strangely calm and quiet as he regarded the old lady with coolness that could freeze beer.

Head Attendant Kim had the decency to shift uncomfortably. "I did nothing except execute the princess lessons to perfection, Jeonha." she muttered. "It is not my fault that Eunbyul agasshi wasn't up for such fine arts-"

"If you call standing in the yard under the burning hot noon sun with three porcelain bowls on her hair a fine art, I'd like to see you do it for ten hours straight." Baekhyun snapped, his gaze cutting. "Do you seriously think that Queens are expected to go around with bowls on their head?"

"It is for her good posture, Jeonha!" Attendant Kim defended. "Enbyul agasshi has the worst posture I've ever seen on a woman and for goodness sake, when she meets the other important ministers from other nations-"

"She will do fine." Baekhyun cut in. "Do you realize what you have just done to her?" he seethed, his voice dangerously low. "She is to be the future Queen of this land. She holds the highest power of all females and she will represent our nation in global gatherings. Do you realize why this important girl is lying on her bed right now, knocked out cold?" his voice rising with every word.

Head Attendant Kim flinched. "It's because of you, you nut!" Baekhyun burst out, unable to contain his rage any longer. "Correct her posture you say? Did it ever occur to you to give her at least a five minute break and some water to drink? I asked the maids, Attendant Kim. They say Eunbyul had been standing there for a good four hours without a moment to rest. Is that how you treat your Queen or how you treat prisoners? ANSWER ME." he growled.

"I...." Head Attendant Kim cowered back. "I'm just preparing her for her royal days, Jeonha. She is anything but ready! You should have known she needs a lot of polishing when you decided to choose such a lowly commoner to-"

"She is anything but a lowly commoner!" Baekhyun shot back, his glare fiercer than before at the insult. "Don't you dare utter another word, Attendant Kim, or I will ignore my father's words and have you beheaded this instant. And I might even laugh at that." he snickered uncharacteristically. "This is the woman I chose, Attendant Kim. She means the world to me, and for you to insult her like that, you are insulting me. The Crown Prince."

Head Attendant Kim gasped.

"There will be no more princess lessons from you. You are dismissed from the position of current Princess coach. I will find another suitable candidate myself." Baekhyun waved her away.

Head Attendant Kim gaped. "But you can't! I'm the Head Attendant! It's my job and Pyeha appointed me to!"

"And I am the Crown Prince, I strip you off it." Baekhyun replied coolly, not even sparing her a glance as he strode away. "Pack your things and hide in a corner of the palace where I won't see you, Attendant Kim. Or I might just go against my father's words." he warned.

Baekhyun walked out in big strides, heading back to his quarters to look for Byul while ex-Head Attendant Kim fell on the floor in shock. Blame the sun, damn it, why me! She complained in her mind.

There could not have been another more foolish woman on earth at that instant.