Chanyeol: Chapter 19

Cupid's Match
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Chanyeol doesn’t ask me to help him with a couple for the next two weeks, so besides homework and my social life, my days continue uneventfully.

Seriously. I don’t think my weeks have ever been so straight.

There’s always something happening at a college. Always. The school will hold an event, or your friends will go out to do their own thing, or some person got involved with another person, and their circle of friends knows about it. There isn’t a day that goes by that an average person would say that college is simply meh.

Before, there was always something happening, whether it would be about my fascination with Lange, Bora’s secret admirers, Nam’s pursuit of his girlfriend, or Chanyeol and his mad antics.

Bora hasn’t had any luck finding out who her three admirers are (two of whom I already know – Nam and me), Nam and Seya’s relationship has been cruising along smoothly, Lange is completely out of the picture, and Chanyeol is quieter than the vibrate setting on my phone.

I feel as if everyone is occupied with something, and then there’s me. I’m just a student trying to avoid drama and achieve good grades. I would be occupied with something other than school, but Chanyeol hasn’t sent me a single text asking for my services.

I’m not saying that something is iffy between us, because there isn’t any speculation that would cause me to point to that as a hindrance of our relationship. We still treat each other comfortably. He still has a weak train of thought.

But we’re both waiting, I think, and that’s the problem. Both of us aren’t willing to move.

I know what I want. I want to see happy couples. I liked seeing Kay happy. I might not have known her intimately, but it’s always gratifying to know that you helped in somebody else’s happiness. It makes you feel happy, too. And it distracted me from myself. I liked that.

The reason Chanyeol hasn’t contacted me for help may be due to the fact that he hasn’t had any customers, although I doubt that he is completely empty of opportunities. He’s Chanyeol. If nobody found him, he’d make sure to find them, much like he did with me.

I smile as I scroll through my phone and read our last text message. I should text him. I’m craving a smoothie.

Me: Chanyeololololol!!! We should hang out and eat smoothies. That’s a great idea.

His reply: Why has my name been reduced to an overused and extended acronym?

I snort and type, “Let’s get smoothies.”

Chanyeol: Fine. Meet me in ten.

Assuming that he wants me to meet him at his dorm, I grab my purse, tidy my hair, and leave. I find him sitting on the steps with the collar of his thin jacket popped up.

“Do you know you look like a douche if you do that?” I say. I sit down beside him and adjust his collar. “This isn’t considered cool anymore.”

“Hey! I was making the effort.” He scrunches his nose, and then sighs.

“How have you been?” I ask. “I haven’t seen you in a while.”

“You’ve seen me every other morning, actually.”

“Besides class,” I fix. “We haven’t really hung out since Winter Ball.”

“Well, there isn’t really much to do after a dance. Most of the looking occurs before. After, people whose dates went well are on cloud nine until a certain period of time which, to my experience, would be about now.”

“Huh?”

He proudly smiles. “The relationships that were started by a dance hardly ever last two weeks. So we’ll have people to help soon. Promise.” He stands up and stretches. “Why were you craving smoothies?”

“I like smoothies,” I answer, but really, it was an excuse to be w

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter