Day 3 - Feelings Recognized

It's Just For Show

 

~Seohyun’s POV~

I couldn’t do it. As much as I tried to deny it, I have blindly fallen for him. Even though in the back of my mind, I know that it will be over in the next couple of days, I couldn’t end it earlier and return to my normal life just a little bit earlier. At least, I wouldn’t be the one to end it.

However, upon hearing his ringtone, I was unsure of whether I should feel happy or disappointed. If he ended it, then, at least I would not feel too bad about it. But, he decided to commit as well. So, now what?

 

“It’ll be okay…” he told me.

 

Is it really okay? No, of course it’s not okay. I have fallen for someone even when I knew that the only person who would end up getting hurt is me. He’ll move on. He’s a celebrity. Me, on the other hand, will take time.

--

It was pretty late now. I walked over to the place he wanted to meet me, which was by the stairs at Namsan Tower. The stairs where they shoot a lot of movies, dramas, etc…

 

I sat at the bottom of the stairs, waiting for him.

 

I guess he’s late…

 

“You’re actually ready and here on time, for the first time.” I heard a smart-alleck remark, which made me turn my head.

My heart skipped a beat when I saw him smiling at the top of the stairs. He started his way down, while I still stood where I was like an idiot. I wasn’t sure how to react.

I snapped out of it when he finally reached down to where I was. “Hey…” I said awkwardly. For some reason, it was hard looking him in the eyes as I turned my head to the side.

He lowered his head to meet my eyes. After me trying to avoid eye contact, he cupped my chin to stop me from avoiding him.  I felt my cheeks getting warmer and warmer in his hands.

He pulled me in for a hug. It was again the same hug from yesterday, definitely different from the other hugs. It had that spark.

“I’m sorry, for yesterday. And, I’m actually really happy that you chose to stay with me.” He replied.

The more and more I resist, the more I found myself falling for him. His words, whether he’s just acting for the show or whether they are real, held so much meaning in me. It felt true…

“Come on, I want to show you something.” He smiled and took my hand. We ran towards the entrance for the cable car.

I was really confused as to what we were doing here. It’s already late, close to closing time. Why are we even here? We were here just yesterday. He pulled me into the cable car, for the last ride of the night.

Coincidentally, we were the only ones in the car. He covered my eyes with his hands, in which I only saw black afterwards. I felt the car starting and moving. 

Soon, he uncovered them and I was shone with the beautiful city lights of Seoul. I felt my mouth drop as I gazed in awe at the amazing scene in front of me. I felt him hold my hand firmly.

 

“It’s beautiful, isn’t it?” He started. I nodded silently as the scene never failed to put me in its trance. He held my hand tighter. “I’m really lucky to meet someone like you. I thought about it for a long time, about everything. It’s actually my first time feeling insecure over a girl. When you were excited to meet the rest of Infinite, I was afraid that you’d like someone else."  

He paused a brief moment and let out a small laugh before he continued, "You always keep me at the edge of my seat, always keeping me curious, making me think about what your possible thoughts are and what you think of me…” He took a breath or two and uttered, “this may sound cheesy, but just as the city lights brighten the entire city of Seoul, you, Seohyun, create the spark and brighten this thing,” with that he took the hand he was holding and placed it on his chest, where I felt his heart beating.

 

I was actually really shocked.

 

What…is he saying…?

 

“You lie…” I whispered, before I, too, let out a small laugh. “I can’t match up to that.” I managed to say before I looked away, towards the scene. It was definitely beautiful. There’s no lie about that.

He chuckled softly before he responded, “Fine, whatever. Babo.” He stuck his tongue out after saying the last part. I stuck my tongue out as a comeback before I was pulled into his arms.

Being in his arms felt so right. I wished time stopped. I couldn’t deny it anymore…

“Oppa…” I managed to say muffled into his chest. “I don’t know what I’m feeling anymore…”

His body stiffened as he pulled me away to look at me.

“What do you mean?” He asked in a concerned voice.

“I-I kept telling myself, it’s just for show…It doesn’t matter if we’re really in love or not, because in the end, it’s all just for show…but, I can’t tell what I’m going through anymore…what to believe” I replied.

Before he could even reply, we arrived at the end of the ride. He took my hand and helped me off the cable car.

As we walked towards our ride home, he reached for my other hand, which was wrapped with bandage. It was a lot messier than yesterday, mainly because I tried to re-wrap it after I had taken a shower that night. He offered to sit down at a nearby bench to re-wrap my hand.

 

“It’s okay…” he suddenly stated as he was in the process of unwrapping my hand.

“What?” I stuttered, as he caught me offguard.

“It’s okay to like someone…” he continued, speaking in third person.

I decided to go along with it, “Even when that person met someone three days ago, and after four more days, the relationship might not last?” I paused a bit to catch my breath before continuing, “How would that work out?”

He was examining my hand to see if it has healed a little bit. He smiled as he looked up at me, “Yeah…well they don’t have to think of it as the end. Plus, the other person could like you back.”

“Could…” I whispered.

Myungsoo finished wrapping my bandage and got up. “Come on, this other person wants to take you home.” He smiled as he held out his hand.

 

It made me happy, knowing that he cared just that much. I took his hand and we soon walked further to see the same silver car.

 

I got into the passenger seat and him into the driver’s seat.

 

The ride home was fairly quiet. I could hear my heart beating. I felt like flying.

 

When we got home, I got out of the car and stared at the entrance to my apartment. I turned to face him to thank him for the ride.

 

“Hey, I wasn’t lying when I said that I was happy that you chose to continue the relationship” He brought up our afternoon incidence while scratching the back of his head and smiling

I felt my cheeks get slightly warm again before I replied, “I know. I’m happy that you chose to stay with me, too. Thank you…”

 

 

I bowed slightly before I turned to head in. I took a couple steps torwards my apartment before he called me, “Seohyun-ah..”

 

Hearing my name, I turned back to see him walk up to where I was, which wasn’t too far. He held me, and this time I hugged back while in his embrace. I felt his hand lift my chin up to face him.

 

I was in trance with his eyes as he stared intently into mine.

 

I could hear his breathing and could feel his breath against my face as he leaned closer. My heart started racing as I tried to process what was happening.

 

He came up really close before I realized that we were REAL close, like kissing close.

 

Within the second, there was a swift movement before his soft lips pressed against mine…