Epilogue

It's Just For Show

--Two weeks later--(Seohyun's POV)

The aroma of roasted coffee filled the air as I triggered the machine. After starting the water heater and getting blenders ready to make frappucinos or ice-blended drinks, I walked over to the front door to flip the closed sign to open. Once again, my mundane life continued since the end of MNET Scandal. Since then, it's been the same routine. 

Wake up.

Brush teeth.

Shower.

Blow-dry hair.

Get dressed.

Go to work.

And the day continued just like any other day, except there would be frequent questions and comments like, "Were you on MNET Scandal with Infinite's L?", "How was it?", or  "OMG, you are so lucky!" However, if you really thought about it, returning to a life like this, I would have rather not been on that show. I still have the same opinion before I was on the show. In the end, it's just for show.

Because it was a slow day at work, I was able to have some time to myself as I finished washing everything up. Meanwhile, on TV, they were playing a re-run of MNET Scandal hosting none other than L and me. I realized that the camera had captured a lot of my favorite moments. It even caught our kiss from a distance. Upon seeing that scene, my hand reached for my lips as I held it there for a moment before referring my attention back to the screen. From the offering of the bouquet, to the casted hand, to the piggy back ride at the end, it really caught everything. 

To tell the truth, I really didn't know where the camera man was. They were hiding in their own spots with camera phones or something because I did not notice any REAL camera equipment while being on the show. Thus, I guess it made it more genuine, because otherwise I would always constantly be reminded that it was only for show...

The day continued with a few more customers until it was finally closing time. I was mopping the floor and picking up trash that people have dropped while I let the TV display its media. However, I heard something on TV that I didn't think I would hear. Infinite had made their appearance on Weekly Idol for the nth time. It was impressive as I felt my lips curl at their acheivements. I laughed as Jeong Hyeong Don and Defconn made hilarious outputs regarding their nth appearance on on Weekly Idol.

The show went on talking about their new album, Man in Love. Jeong HyungDon asked each of the individual members if they are currently in love. All the members laughed as they stated that they are always in love with their fans. However, the conversation got more serious when Defconn asked for the last time they actually fell in love. Everyone turned to L as he kind of spaced out throughout the show, and he stood with a clueless expression upon everyone looking at him. 

Sunggyu tried to save L from confessing but Jeong HyeongDon insisted. L let out a soft laugh before he responded, "ani, why is everyone looking at me???" Since they knew that it was a bit awkward, but they were also dying curious, they rephrased the question. 

"Alright L, you just answer yes and no, and clarify when needed, alright?" Defconn insisted.

L nodded with uncertainty as the other members smiled at this opportunity.

"Do you love someone?" Jeong HyeongDon asked.

"Well, of cour--" L was interrupted when Jeong HyeongDon pointed out, "Outside of your fandom."

He seemed unsure of how to say it but he answered, "Yes."

To lighten to mood, Defconn let out a shriek as the rest of the Infinite members joined in laughter and howling. 

"Okay okay, so have you contacted this girl??" Defconn asked, everyone leaning towards him since he was speaking softly. 

L seemed a little unsure but he responded, "I'm actually still waiting for her to contact me..."

There was some pity "wah, wah, wahhhh" tune in the background before HyeongDon commented, "Wow, I'm actually really curious as to who this girl can be...she must be really amazing to keep the great L waiting!"

And again, this cued everyone else to follow along and laugh with the joke. L stuck out his tongue out of embarrassment before scratching the back of his head. 

 

Thinking that it couldn't be me, I knew he had moved on already. It was just me who hasn't moved on yet. I mean, how was I suppose to when I had fallen for him after knowing the consequences. If he's waiting for whoever "she" was, then it can't be me, since we never exchanged numbers. 

After I had finished cleaning, I closed the shop for the night and started my way home.

 

I guess this is how every girl feels after they've been on MNET..

 

When I got home, I dropped my keys and plopped down on the couch. My arms were sore from mopping the floor. Something about today, I couldn't get my mind off of the seven days of going out. All the memories clouded my mind as I tried to shake them off but it just remained. I started having regrets to letting my guard down as I felt a tear escape my eyes. Seeing that there was really no use in trying to forget the situation, I walked over to one of my drawers, opened it and pulled out a giant box. The giant box contained everything from MNET scandal. I had sealed it away to keep myself from sulking over the past.

 

With the box in my hands, I sat down on the floor, and placed my fingertips at the edges of the lid. I sighed, knowing that if I open this, I might just start crying. Thus, I took a deep breath before lifting the lid. Opening that, brought back all the memories as I shuffled through pictures of L, L and me, and all of the Infinite members, our couple attire, the inactivated couple phone, etc etc. Everything was in there.

A soft smile made its way on my face as I looked through the pictures. I was truly happy back then. I had fallen for him, blindly, but I noticed just how hard I fell for him because it still hurts now. I through the oversized striped shirt before my hand reached the hand bag. Slowly taking out the handbag and holding it with my two hands, I held it close to me before I decided to open it.

ping the zipper, I proceeded cautiously, even though there was nothing in there. But I felt like if I were to damage anything in this box, a huge part of me would be lost. Feeling a bit satisfied after opening it, I placed it back in the box when something caught my attention.

Something green? I don't recall putting anything green in here....

With that I gently took the bag out of the box once more, and I pulled on the green paper that was inside, scrutinizing the outer edges, wondering when I put this in there. I sighed.

I must have forgotten or something.

It wasn't long before I realized there was writing on the paper as it was folded. Curious as to what this even was, I opened up the note and as soon as I read the contents, my eyes widened from the shock and I felt my heart racing after days of remaining stagnant and constant.

I pulled the paper back as I got up onto the couch and laid my head back a little before I placed my attention back onto the piece of green paper. After double-triple-quadruple checking the content of the paper, my mouth dropped as my heart continued to beat faster than ever. It wasn't long before I felt a faint smile on my face as I let out a sigh of relief.

I pulled the note in front of my face once more, as it read:

 

It's more than just a show...

Let's make it more than just a show...

010-822-46346483

 


And that's the end to It's Just for Show.

 

I really want to thank all my readers. Thank you for ALL your comments, views, subscriptions, and upvotes. I really couldn't have completed the fanfic at this pace if it wasn't for you guys. Even to you silent readers, thank you so much for staying with me until the end. It's been REALLY fun writing this and I hope you guys all enjoyed reading it ^^

 

And, you guys voted on it so I'll be making a sequel to this series. More information will be up in the next chapter.

 

Feel free to befriend me if you would like :) I don't bite XD

Twitter (x3Maureen03) , Facebook (Maureen Kim), G+ (same as facebook), I have all those so if you want me to follow you, feel free to shoot me a comment/message :) 

As for facebook, please make sure to tell me it's you because I tend to refrain from adding random people x_x

 

Regardless, THANK YOU FOR READING! HOPE IT WAS WORTH YOUR TIME :D Do check out the sequel drabble :)

 

HUGE DISCLAIMER: The number above is a FALSE number. Or it might be someone's number in Korea but don't go calling it as I just made it up for the sake of this fanfiction. Well, I actually spelled out INFINITE (46346483) using the American phone dialing system ^^ but yeah, DONT GO CALLING IT! I don't want the poor person on the other line (if there is a person) getting random calls that might even be international depending on where you're all from >.< Also, I made up the episode of Weekly Idol for the sake of this fanfic as well x.x