Day 5/6 - Man in Love

It's Just For Show

L's POV

Her smile was always so adorable. I really thought it was cute how her eyes would smile as well. When I was taking my solo shots, I looked over at Seohyun to see her with her index finger touching her lips, waiting patiently for me to be done. The other members, except Sungjong, were all done with their shots and walked over to start conversations with her.

Although she had no real sign of fangirling in the exterior, I saw her eyes curve into that smile before she realized that I was staring at her and looked away, which allowed me to smirk at her secretly fangirlling over me. Flashes followed soon after before I was instructed to flash a smile. Again, I looked over at her and she at first covered her face in an attempt to hide her cute features but uncovered them to stick out her tongue at me. Rather than smiling, this caused me to let out a soft laugh, in which a series of flashes accompanied itself one after another.

After our solo shot was done, I was about to walk over to join the rest of the group when Manager Hyung stopped me and handed me an outfit. Instructed to change into that, I went the opposite way to the dressing room and scrutinized the attire. It was a white shirt with a thick black strip followed by a series of red stripes. With that, there were jeans to complement the outfit so I quickly changed into that and came out.

The rest of the members smiled and told me that Seohyun is currently changing in the other fitting room. Now I knew what was happening. I was surprised no one let me in on it but the members and Manager Hyung wanted it to be a surprise. We were chosen to be this month's couple.

While I conversed with the members, she opened the door and peeked out before revealing her full attire. Draped in the oversized shirt that had similar designs as mine with matching skinny jeans and handbag, she stood awkwardly until she saw me and straightened herself out. 

Confused as she was, I didn't have time to explain as I reached for her hand and walked over to the background. "Took you long enough," I smirked before we stood right in front of the photographer. She took a moment to register what was going to happen before her eyes widened.

The photographer instructed her to lean on my shoulder and smile, in which I felt her rigid structure trying to abide to the orders given. It was really funny how awkwardly she stood, but I could tell the photographer was a little frustrated before he announced that there needs to be more feel to the moments.

I leaned a little to whisper into her ears, "Don't be nervous. It's just like asking someone to take a picture for us. Be happy. Be genuine. Don't worry about how you look."

 

Because the way you look is perfect.

 

With that said, she took a deep breath before she loosened up. It was cute at how nerve racking it was for her to live a small portion of a celebrity's life. For me, this was everyday. She reminded me of how I was back then, as she appreciated every step and everything I do for her in this relationship. However, she did have a hard time showing it, but at the end of the day, when her eyes smile at me, I could at least take that to heart, for no one has really smiled so genuinely to show it in their eyes.

I felt Seohyun's head on my shoulder as she posed for the camera. Her body was still a little rigid but she managed to impress the photographer. Flashes of the camera followed afterwards. She rubbed her eyes and blinked a couple times to let her vision adjust back to normal, but she didn't complain as the photographer moved on to the next pose. 

Her movement became more fluid for the next pose. I held her hand tightly while she looked over her shoulders, cluelessly. She tends to have that face a lot, which always perplexes me because I never know what she's really thinking. When the photographer asked for such expression, she did it without effort. 

With that came the last pose. The photographer instructed me to slightly bend forwards with my hand on my cheek and show some aegyo. Then, he instructed her to lean in to give me a kiss on the cheek. At this, I saw her slightly taken back, once again stiff. 

She seemed to be in contemplation before I signalled the photographer for a moment and talked to her. "What? Afraid to give me a kiss?" I teased and saw her blush slightly. "Come on, we're a couple now. You're my girlfriend. It's okay, right?" I gave her a reassuring smile before the photographer held up his camera, waiting for the pose. While in the pose that I was suppose to be in, I felt the skip of my heartbeat as I recollected the words I just let out.

 

We're a couple now.

You're my girlfriend.

 

It felt surreal to be able to say this to her. Knowing myself, I was not the kind of person to just directly say this to a girl. But this girl just made me say the following words without a second thought. 

Before I snapped out of my thoughts, I felt something soft land on my cheek when I realized that we were still shooting. She finally gathered up her courage and kissed me. This caught me offguard, and instead of the pouting face aegyo I had originally planned for, I was kind of shocked and the camera caught that priceless expression of mine. 

"And we're done" The photographer announced and Seohyun stood upright from the kiss and I saw her blushing slightly. "You've all done a great job today. You guys can keep those on us, " He continued as he was pointing at our attire. 

We walked over to where the rest of the members were standing, each holding their individual phone cameras to capture our moment. Before I could do or say anything, Dongwoo headlocked me in a position where I couldn't budge while Sungjong went over to Seohyun and complimented us as a couple. 

Hoya had the pictures in his hands as they must have printed them out already and handed them over to me. Seohyun stood on her tiptoes to get a glimpse, in which I bent slightly lower for her to see without putting so much strain on herself. 

"Wow, we look awesome." I kidded, although I thought this was a great picture of us. "Don't you think so?" I teased as I passed the pictures to her.

Her face lightened up at first, which was a cute scene to watch, but as though she had started comparing herself, I saw her smile fade into a slight frown. To save the negative thoughts, I placed my hands over the picture, in which she caught on and looked up at me. "Don't worry. You look perfect. See how cute you are??" I reassured her with a hint of aegyo at the end while I nudged her cheeks, making her pout. We were really in our own little world before Woohyun had to interrupt.

"Alright, too much love," he hissed in a jokingly manner with his disgusted face before he broke out into a smile as Seohyun glared back.

I felt a sudden invisible push as Hoya cut before me and wrapped an arm around her shoulder asking her if she was hungry. I couldn't help but feel a pang of jealousy at Hoya's actions. Even if it was just to be friendly, it slightly irritated me. On my case, I caught up with them and I slowly removed Hoya's arm around her and replaced it with my own before I stuck out my tongue. 

Hoya was about to jokingly complain when I pulled her into a hug and hissed, "Mine!" shielding her from everyone else, who ended up whining at the minor PDA. I could feel the warmth of her face against my chest as she burrowed her face deeper into my chest as if to hide her face. I smiled at this action as she held me tight when Seungyeol interrupted us so that they could eat before they throw up. I scowled before she pulled out of my embrace and was about to follow out.

As we were just about to reach the door out of the studio, she pointed out that we're still in our couple attire and asked if we should change back. I knew it was a little uncomfortable for her as she was not used to the attention and I'm pretty sure she did not want to be owned by Inspirits. However, I really wanted to live a couple life and actually go out together wearing the same clothes and enjoying our day. Plus, if anything happens, I could always swat the Inspirits that are rude to her.

 

haha, just kidding. 

 

But I, as well as the rest of Infinite, would try our best to protect her from any mauling fans. With that, I refuted her request before I expressed a smile in which her lips curled in response as she took my hand into the van.

--

Day 6 -- (Still L's POV)

After our fifteenth time going over the rehersals for Man in Love, the choreographer finally called for a thirty minute lunch break. Today was the day our album was released, so people would think it would be a break for us, but with the number of concerts and performances on SBS INKIGAYO, Mnet M! Countdown, KBS Music Bank, MBC Music Core, and more of our own individual concerts, we hardly ever get breaks after releasing an album.

I walked over to the side of the room and collapsed on the floor, with my stomach on the ground and groaned out of exhaustion. My body ached from the number of rounds we had to go through. Sungyeol walked up beside me, slightly kicked me and I flipped onto my back, not wanting to get up. 

"Whattt? Leave me alonee! I'm tired!" I whined as I flipped back onto my stomach. Sungyeol handed me a cup of ice, cold water, which I gladly chugged down my dry throat. 

I had never wanted water so badly as much as I do now. It's been train train train, practice practice practice, ever since we got up at 8am today. It was now 12:30, so we have been on our feet for more than four hours. My head stooped low as I tried to stretch my neck and back. 

We walked over to the other room, wondering what the meal was. It's always something mundane and unoriginal. We never really get anything special and particularly nothing special today considering that yesterday, we went out to eat with Seohyun at the restaurant of our choice. The food sparkled in our eyes and I remember watching Seohyun as she silently gulped at the sight of food. I realized that she did that everytime we go to some amazing food place. The last time she did that was when she saw the waffles that I had ordered for us on our first day togheter. 

 

Come to think of it...tomorrow's our last day...

 

I felt a heavy feeling in my chest, suddenly, as I thought about what would happen after tomorrow. It's already Day 6. How long ago has it been when I actually wanted this day to come...?

 

But, now, I actually...wish we had more time together.

 

I received the small plate of grilled chicken and salad, before I walked over to the table to sit with the other members. We were so exhausted that no one bothered to talk while eating. Plus considering it was only a 30 minute lunch break, we didn't have time to chit chat. 

The clattering of chopsticks against plates, chopsticks against each other, spoon with chopsticks, were heard as everyone tried to get some food into their system before the scary choreographer called them over to do their after-meal exercises.

I started to think about what could actually possibly happen tomorrow. I remembered initially, this wasn't something I wanted to do. I had no interest in getting a girlfriend nor did I really want to go out with some fan when we had all this album release things to consider. However, every day I spent with Seohyun since the day we met, it's been different. I started feeling this tingly feeling in my stomach every time she smiles with her eyes. When she had violently pulled away that one time due to skinning her palm, it was weird but I had the urge to help her tend it for if I didn't I would not be able to hold her hand without her in pain all the time. Plus, what kind of girl wakes up just ten minutes before and tries to do everything within those ten minutes when she has a date with a celebrity? Obviously, Seohyun. She was different. The insecure feelings that I went through for the first time as a celebrity. It was so new to me for I had forgotten what it felt like to be insecure. With tons of fans calling for me, supporting me, I always thought that I was at the top of the world and that I could have any girl I want in the end. However, there was one specific girl that would not accept me just like that, and that was Seohyun. The girl who always made me have second thoughts about myself. The first kiss we shared. I just couldn't explain my actions back then. But I don't regret anything. It was just an amazing moment of ours.

 

So...what will happen tomorrow?

 

I just didn't know anymore. I'm a celebrity. I'm part of one of the most popular groups in Korea. I have fans who would eat her up if she were to be with me...

 

But...I don't want to lose her....

 

"ALRIGHT, BRING IT TOGETHER BOYS! THIRTY MINUTES IS OVER!" The choreographer announced. The clattering of chopsticks became more aggressive as the members were trying to finish up what they had on their plates.

Me, on the other hand, still had half the chicken left, and I took another quick bite before I gulped down a cup of water and headed over. 

While stretching, the producer of MNET came into our studio with our manager hyung. They were in deep conversation together as their eyes would occasionally meet with mine before they would continue talking amongst themselves. I was wondering what the producer of MNET was doing at our studio.

 

Was it to get an update?

 

It wasn't long before the producer left and manager hyung talked to the choreographer. I couldn't hear what they were exactly saying but the choreographer nodded before manager hyung took his leave. 

We resumed our practiced sessions but something was not right. Something was off. Why would the producer of MNET be visiting us and leave like that? The choreographer also did not seem to be as aggressive as he was earlier with our sessions. After another good two hours of dancing, we called it a day.

Our bodies ached and the muscles were full of fatigue. I felt like my legs were jello after so many rounds. Man in Love didn't necessarily have too much strenuous dancing like BTD or Paradise, but it's never easy when we practice countless times a day. 

I sat on the floor, massaging my calves with my hands before the choreographer handed a note to me.

Being the clueless person I was, I looked around before taking the note, wondering what it was for. Could it be the reason why the MNET person was here?

 

Looking at the note, debating whether to open now or later, I just sat their with my legs crossed and staring blankly. It wasn't long before I unfolded the note to reveal its contents.

 

My eyes widened as I read through the content of the note and soon after, my heart dropped.

 

 


Hee, I finished my first round of midterms. And I have another one coming up this week but thought I'd update before I start studying for it again.

Hope you guys enjoyed!

COMMENT AND SUBSCRIBE!!

It always makes me happy to come back here and read the comments made by you amazing readers :)

THANK YOU!

 

Also, please take the time to answer this:

It will help me decide whether or not I should continue or not.

Thanks :)