69

Forbidden Boys

She was crying by the time she stood on the platform, next to the train that would take her to Daegu. Her mother was by her side, as if to make sure she stepped on the train.

 

“Your grandmother will meet up with you at the trainstation.” Eunbi sobbed quietly. She did not want to leave. It wasn’t fair. None of this was. But despite that, Eunbi remained quiet, boarded the train, and took her seat. She felt even worse for Sehun, who was left behind at their house. He’d been yelling and screaming at his father who’d held him back. Seeing him cry broke her heart. But there hadn’t been anything she could have done. She tried everything but to no avail. And now she sat there. In a train that would take her back to her hometown. The usual happiness of being able to visit her grandmother was now replaced by sorrow. Eunbi was heartbroken to say the least.

 

The train departed not long after, and whilst she sat there, a plan formed in her head. The sadness of being sent away was overshadowed by anger. Eunbi was furious and instead of staying on the train, she stepped off at the next station. The decision was taken in the spur of the moment. And she soon found herself stranded in a place she’d never been before. Grabbing a hold of her backpack, she made her way over to the station building. It was already getting late and some of the shops were closed. There weren’t a lot of people around either, which meant Eunbi could take a seat in a more secluded area of the hall. She needed to think out a strategy of what she was going to do now. There were two options to decide between and none of them were ideal. Head back to Seoul, only to be faced with the possibility of being sent back again, or simply take the train to Daegu right away. It was a bothersome task seeing as Eunbi wanted no more than to be with Sehun. But as of right now that was impossible. They couldn’t be together because of their parents. A sigh slipped past her lips as she let her gaze wander. A phonebooth on the other side caught Eunbi’s attention and she searched through her backpack for some coins. Her own cell phone was taken away before they left the house, something that now meant she had to use a landline.

 

Eunbi put all her trust in Ahbin as she dialed her friend’s number. Though the secret about her and Sehun was revealed by Ahbin’s parents, the other girl was the only one Eunbi could trust in this matter since she didn’t dare call Sehun. She did not want to startle him and thus risk anything. For her mother and stepfather to get suspicion was the last thing Eunbi wanted. Ahbin was a safer option even though there were risks there as well.

 

“Hello?” Ahbin’s voice greeted her on the other end and Eunbi decided to make this quick.

 

“It’s Eunbi. I need your help.”

 

“Are you alright?”

 

“They know about me and Sehun now. My mom is furious. And she’s sent me away to my grandmother,” Eunbi heaved a deep sigh before she continued to explain how she’d stepped off the train a stop from Seoul, and that she now had no idea what to do. Ahbin said nothing at first. It was only after Eunbi, once again, asked her friend what she should do that Ahbin spoke.

 

“I can’t believe your mother sent you away. Couldn’t you have solved it some other way?” There was a brief pause where she heard Ahbin clear . This was followed by a question where her friend asked what she could do. Eunbi wasn’t entirely sure what could be done now. All she did now however, was that she needed to keep away from her home. It wouldn’t be good if Eunbi headed back there. Not when her mother and stepfather was behaving the way they were. Sure she had her charge card. But to spend money on hotels were something she’d rather not do. It was expensive and Eunbi did therefore but her hope in Ahbin.

 

A small beep sounded, thus indicating that the money she’d put in was about to run out. This caused Eunbi to panic for she didn’t have any more coins.

 

“Please tell me you can help me? I really need an answer, my money is running out.” She could literally hear the seconds tick down, and she urged Ahbin one last time to give her an answer.

 

“Okay. Come to the subway station in Itaewon.” Ahbin managed to finish the sentence just before the call went dead. Eunbi sighed yet again as she placed the phone back in its hold. It was decided. She would head back to Seoul and meet Ahbin. What would happen after that was still unknown. Eunbi refused to let the negative feelings take over though, as she went over to the atm where she withdrew as much money she could. It was good to have some leverage in case anything happened. Once she’d raided her bank account, she went to purchase a train ticket that would take her back to Seoul.

 

The reality of what she’d done only dawned once she sat, waiting for the train to arrive. A sense of fear grew within because she knew that there was no turning back now. Eunbi wondered what her grandmother would do when she realized her granddaughter wasn’t onboard the train. It was an unpleasant thought considering that her grandmother hadn’t done anything to deserve any of this. But Eunbi needed to show her mother that this was not okay. That she would not simply accept everything. How her mother were going to react was another question Eunbi didn’t want to think about.

 

Forty five minutes later and with a stomach that craved food did Eunbi meet Ahbin. The other girl gave her a quick hug and then apologized, saying that she was sorry that her parents contacted Eunbi’s mother. They’d looked through the surveillance camera because they thought something had been stolen. That’s how Ahbin’s parents found out about Eunbi and Sehun. Not that any of that mattered anymore. The truth was out and Eunbi did not really care how it’d been revealed.

 

“Can you help me?” Eunbi wanted a definitive answer seeing as it was already late and it would be hard to find a place to sleep the later it got. Because of that, she put all her hope in Ahbin and the fact that her friend might be able to help. Her stomach rumbled yet again whilst Ahbin searched through the pocket in her jacket. A key was eventually fished out of the said pocket.

 

“Here. My brother is out of town so he won’t mind if you borrow his place for awhile.” Ahbin slapped the key into her palm and then ordered her to follow. So without further ado, and with a considerably eased mind, did Eunbi do as told. The mouthwatering smell of food became too much, and she convinced Ahbin to stay and eat with her, which she did but only at the condition that she paid. Eunbi agreed. It was the least she could do after having received the key to her brother’s apartment. Their choice of food was nothing fancy. Just simple noodles and some meat. It was more than enough though, and within an hour the two of them stood outside the apartment Ahbin guided her to.

 

“It might be a bit messy but just throw it aside or something. Call if there’s any problems.” Eunbi nodded, glanced down at the plastic bag with food she’d bought, before she looked up at Ahbin. The latter gave her a reassuring smile. Eunbi needed that. Eunbi needed to know that someone stood on her side in this mess.

 

“Could I borrow your phone for a moment? My mom took mine away.” Ahbin handed the device over, to which Eunbi sent Sehun a text with the address and the message that she was in Seoul and could be reached at this address. Hopefully no one would see the message. Luhan especially, was a big risk since she didn’t know where he stood. Was he on their side or their parents?

 

Eunbi unlocked the door and stepped inside as soon as she’d said goodbye to Ahbin. The apartment was small. A bed stood in the far corner. Next to it stood a couch fit for no more than two people, with a tv on the opposite wall. Behind that wall was the bathroom and on the right when you entered was the kitchen. For a studio apartment it was okay. More than okay for Eunbi, who relished in the fact that there was a tv she could occupy herself with the days to come. It was probably the only companionship she’d get whilst she stayed there.

 

Or so she thought because half an hour later, after she’d put away the food and changed the bed, did the doorbell ring. Nervous as to who it could be, Eunbi tip-toed her way over and glanced through the peephole in the door. Her heartbeat exhilarated the second she laid her eyes upon Sehun. It would be a lie if she said she wasn’t a bit surprised by his appearance. Eunbi hadn’t been sure if he’d show. But he did and she was ever so happy about it as she unlocked and pushed open the door. Her arms wrapped around him in an instant and she leaned up to plant a kiss on his lips.

 

“Did you tell anyone that you were coming here?” Sehun shook his head, he hadn’t told anyone were he was going. He hadn’t even told anyone that he was going out. Their parents were asleep and he suspected Luhan was as well.

 

“That’s a relief.” It really was, for the last thing she wanted was for her mother or stepfather to come running. Eunbi didn’t want to meet them just yet.

 

“So. Aren’t you going to invite me in?” Out of habit, Eunbi stuck her head out in the corridor, glanced both ways, and then pulled Sehun inside and locked the door. It’d become a habit of hers to make sure that no one saw when Sehun entered her bedroom at home. That was no problem here though, since no one knew who they were. Sehun did not care. He’d never cared if anyone saw. Not even at home was he bothered by the possibility of someone seeing them.

 

Sehun took in the surroundings as soon as Eunbi locked the door and was surprised to see male clothes laying on the couch. He hadn’t known what to expect when he entered the apartment. But that it would belong to a male was definitely not something he expected. And it made him wonder how she’d been able to get a hold of the key to the said apartment. Who did it belong to and where was that person? Bewildered, Sehun asked who’s apartment it was.

 

“It’s Ahbin’s older brother’s. He’s overseas and won’t be home for a few weeks.” At least that’s what Ahbin said. Eunbi didn’t even want to think about what would happen if Ahbin’s brother came home and saw them there. It wouldn’t be good. Because of that, she hoped this situation would be resolved soon. That her mother might get upset over her disappearance was nothing Eunbi paid too much attention to. In fact. She couldn’t care less. Not after everything she’d have to live through. Still. She wished they all could come to an agreement and that her mother and stepfather would realize that the relationship she had with Sehun was serious and that they weren’t simply playing around.

 

Sehun nodded before he, without hesitation, strode over and took a seat on the bed. A small frown graced his lips and Eunbi chewed at her bottom lip when his gaze found hers. He seemed to dislike this as much as she did. All that changed as soon as he ordered her over, to which Eunbi complied. She was immediately pulled closer as he gripped onto her waist. His frown turned into a smirk.

 

“You know what would drive them insane?” She shook her head. She had no idea what he was referring to until she felt his hand slip under her shirt and caress her stomach. Eunbi knew right away what he meant by that. Flustered by his suggestive comment she blushed and flicked his forehead. Sehun on the other hand, laughed. He found it hilarious how she thought he was serious. And whilst he laughed, Eunbi took a step back and was right about to turn and head to get a glass of water when he grabbed a hold of her wrist and yanked her toward him.

 

“I want to use my second favor.” Their gazes locked and she waited impatiently at what he was going to say.


“Don’t ever leave me.”