57

Forbidden Boys

Sehun lay in bed, his eyes fixated on a certain spot in the ceiling. It didn’t exactly ease his mind for his thoughts began to drift, the images of the kiss making itself known for the umpteenth time that day. His hand connected with the mattress as a result and he gave it a hard thump before he sat up. Running a hand through his hair, Sehun let out an exaggerated sigh. He was confused as to why Eunbi suddenly kissed him like that. It happened so out of the blue that he hadn’t had a chance to react. The reaction from Eunbi’s side didn’t make it easier on him either, since she ran out of his room like she’d made a mistake. That had Sehun doubting himself. To make matters worse, he couldn’t know for sure what Eunbi knew about his family.

 

In another part of the house, Eunbi gulped down a whole can of coke in one go. She hadn’t eaten all day and was starving. The drink served as a temporary solution until the ramyeon noodles she was cooking were done. It’d been the last package she found in the cupboard. And with the fridge nearly empty, Eunbi understood why she’d found money on the kitchen table when she got back from school. They were left by her mother, who, along with her stepfather took the earliest flight to Japan that morning. It was a short notice trip, which now meant that Eunbi would be all alone with Sehun and Luhan for a few days. Not ideal directly. Not when she’d avoided the both of them lately.

 

She ate in silence whilst at the same time writing down everything that needed to be bought. The list grew longer and it became apparent quite soon that she wouldn’t be able to carry it all. Maybe she could call someone. Yixing would probably . . . Eunbi heaved a loud sigh at the thought and the fact that she suddenly remembered that they’d broken up. It pained and there was no doubt it was going to take a while for her to get used to the feeling of not having Yixing around anymore. Not to mention, he was most likely moving back to China in less than a month, which meant the chances of her ever running into him was small.

 

“Don’t do this to yourself. It’s over and there’s nothing you can do about that now.” she tried telling herself that she had to get over him. That she couldn’t continue like this. Eunbi needed to get rid of the feelings she once harboured for him. Or at least, let them calm down.

 

A clank came from downstairs, but Sehun made no move to head down and see what was going on. That until he heard Eunbi let out a strained cry. He hadn’t even noticed she was home. Fearing that she might have hurt herself, he slipped out of bed and with hasty steps made his way down the stairs. He found her in the kitchen, leaning against the counter and with her hand under the tap. Spilt out noodles and broth lay on the floor along with a cook pot.

 

“You okay?” the voice coming from behind was so unexpected that Eunbi tensed and her heart raced. She gulped and then parted her lips to reply. She told him that it was fine, that he didn’t need to bother. Eunbi wanted him to leave, wanted to be left alone. Sehun frowned. He disliked that she avoided him ever since that kiss. He’d never been this bothered about something before, with the exception of his mother’s death, and feared that she would continue to act like this. Irritated and annoyed, he disregarded her wish of being left alone and instead began to clean up the mess.

 

“What are you doing?” Eunbi stood rooted to the spot with her hand still under cold water when she noticed how Sehun reached for the washcloth. The fabric was used to clean up the broth, which he then wrung out over the sink before he repeated the same procedure. As he tidied up, he caught himself thinking that if this had happened a few months ago, he would most likely not have been this willing to help. Sehun realized then how much he’d really changed over the past months. He could even go as far as to say that he didn’t mind Eunbi anymore. A stark contrast to how he’d felt when the two females first moved in.

 

“Ouch.” Eunbi grimaced and pulled her hand away when the water temperature suddenly increased. She saw no reason for the change, and though she should have waited a few more minutes, the girl moved over to the freezer and pulled out some ice, which she packed inside a towel and then pressed against the burnt area. Sehun watched all this, and when he was done cleaning up the noodles from the floor he stepped up to her. He paid no attention to her curious stare and instead took a hold of the towel with one hand and her arm with the other. Eunbi winched at the skincontact and wanted nothing more than for him to let go.

 

“You don’t have to put so much pressure on it.” he wrapped the towel around her hand in a gentle manner as demonstration before he told her to hold onto it whilst he went and got the aid kit. Once retrieved, he poured salt solution over the burnt area. Eunbi reacted at this for the liquid made her skin burn even more. It hurt really bad and even though she understood it was to clean the affected area from any bacteria, it took her every ounce of willpower to let him continue. And if she thought that was bad, the following minutes turned out to be far worse because Sehun had to smear on antiseptic cream and then wrap her hand in gauze. It was painful but at the same time needed.

 

Eunbi was so embarrassed about the whole ordeal that she couldn’t meet his gaze. Whether he took notice of her flushed cheeks, she wasn’t sure. And if he did, he said nothing. One thing was certain though, Eunbi was glad he helped out. Both with cleaning up her mess and with her hand.

 

“Thank you.”

 

“Just make sure to keep it clean.” Sehun stated and was about to leave when he saw the shopping list laying on the table. His attention drifted back to Eunbi and her hand and he realized there was not a chance she would be able to carry all that home. He didn’t want to go out either, or else he might have offered her his help. But with an ever growing headache, he told her to just order a pizza or something. To Sehun’s surprise, the younger girl remained silent. It struck him as a bit odd since he’d expected her to argue with him. Eunbi might not have said anything. But that didn’t mean she would listen to his suggestion. So when he left and went upstairs, she took the shopping list and the money and then got dressed. Snow was falling outside and it’d become considerably colder the last couple of days.

 

A few moments later and after having taken quite some time to get her shoes on, Eunbi pushed open the door and stepped out. A breeze washed over her and she shivered as she hurried down the street in the direction of the bus, which transported her to the closest supermarket five minutes away. The place was fairly large and cramped with people. It wasn’t really a surprise seeing it was Friday and people shopped for the weekend. Eunbi was still slightly discontent with it, since the mass of people meant there was a bigger chance someone could come in contact with her hand. So as a precaution, she lay her hand against her chest.

 

Another problem and one she’d somewhat already foreseen surfaced once Eunbi paid everything. The bags were too many and it would be impossible for the girl to carry them all. In other means. She needed help. It was just . . . Eunbi did not know who to call. Yixing. No. Luhan. Not a ing chance in hell. Ahbin. Yes. But she knew the other girl would ask about Yixing. A conversation Eunbi had no desire to take at the moment. So therefore it became a no. Which meant there was only one person left to call. Sehun. He was not going to be happy.

 

“You have to help me with the groceries.” Eunbi knew there was no point stalling and instead went right on to explain that she was at the supermarket and needed him to come and help her out.

 

“Didn’t I tell you to order food.” he ended the sentence with a loud sigh, as if he was disappointed that she hadn’t listened.

 

“If you won’t come I’ll call Luhan.” hopefully, the threat would work or else she was in trouble for Luhan was definitely not a person she’d call. Knowing him, he would probably not do anything but complain and make indecent advances. Yet another sigh escaped Sehun’s lips. He hated that she used Luhan against him.

 

“Don’t go anywhere, I’ll be there in ten.”


Eunbi felt at ease but at the same time worried that he agreed to come. There was a high possibility he would be angry and irritated at her when he showed up. Something Eunbi could understand seeing as she ignored his words and went to the supermarket. She could live with that as long as he came to her rescue. What she did not foresee however, and that ended up making her uneasy, was that Sehun wasn’t alone when he arrived. Luhan, too, showed up.