48

Forbidden Boys

 

Eunbi woke up with a startle, the mental images of the kiss still so fresh in mind that she shivered. It was so wrong and she couldn’t believe that they’d kissed, that Sehun could do such a thing. Yet another shiver ran down her spine when she thought of it. How his lips had been pressing against hers, how confused she’d been, how confused she still was. Eunbi sighed, sat up in bed, and checked her cell phone. Nothing. Not a single text message from either Yixing or Ahbin. Maybe they were too busy. But that didn’t mean Eunbi was less disappointed. She’d especially hoped that Yixing would’ve called or texted for she was starting to really miss him. Even more so after what’d happened yesterday.

 

At least Sehun wasn’t around when she finally found the courage to head downstairs. He must have left earlier in the morning, just like their parents, which was a relief for that meant she wouldn’t have to face him just yet. Eunbi didn’t want to meet him so soon since she was uncertain of what to say and do. Her reaction couldn’t have been clearer though. And Sehun, too, had probably understood that it was all wrong when she’d pushed him away. No. The whole ordeal needed to be forgotten and Eunbi decided that she would act unfazed about what’d happened. It was best like that. Sehun would most likely do so as well. Or at least that’s what she hoped for.

 

Eunbi sort of froze in place when she heard that someone was at the front door. Someone was coming home and she knew with certainty that it wasn’t her mother or stepfather. In other words, it had to be Sehun for no one had mentioned that Luhan would be returning home just yet. Not that the latter was any better. In fact. She truly wished that it wasn’t Luhan.  

 

“Hello? Anyone home?” Eunbi’s heart felt heavier all of a sudden, and she spun around in haste before she darted inside the kitchen. She was in no need to face Luhan, especially not when no one else was home and would therefore do her best in trying to avoid him. A feat that Eunbi failed a few moments later when the older male came wandering in, his voice so loud that she cringed. As if to piss her off further, Luhan simply continued.

 

“Don’t tell me you haven’t missed me.” to Eunbi’s horror, he came up behind her and wrapped his arms around her waist. The contact made her pulse skyrocket and her skin crawl and she moved around in his hold before she shoved him away as violently as she possibly could. There was no way she was going to let him treat her like he used to. Not anymore. Luhan was not quite as happy with it though, for his mood dropped a few notches and he frowned. He was far from pleased with her reaction and made that pretty obvious when he reached out and took a steady hold of Eunbi’s wrist.

 

“You think you can push me around now?” Luhan snarled. But for once, the said girl paid no attention to his outburst or the fact that he was keeping a tight grip of her hand. It did no longer matter to Eunbi what he thought of her. He could believe whatever he wanted because she was so utterly sick and tired of him. And to further irritated the male, Eunbi looked up at him with disinterest. She wasn’t going to let him think she was afraid of him. She wasn’t going to give him the pleasure of believing that he could do whatever he wanted.

 

“Push you around? Are you ing kidding me? You are the one behaving like a total . Not me.” she snarled. But made no effort to pull her hand from his. It was unnecessary to even try and she knew it would only fuel his confidence. Luhan scoffed in reaction to Eunbi’s statement. He thought it was funny and somewhat cute when the younger girl tried to act brave and tough.

 

“Hmm. I guess I’ve been an .” what? Eunbi blinked. What was this? Why was he suddenly agreeing on something she had said when he’d never done so before? Did Luhan hit his head somewhere or was he just trying to play with her? Maybe this was some new thing he was trying out. Maybe he was just tricking her into thinking that he’d changed. Whatever it was, Eunbi was far from convinced. She didn’t believe him for a second. She wouldn’t believe him until she actually saw it. Actions speaks louder than words. The saying couldn’t be more accurate.

 

“I don’t believe you. There’s no chance that you have changed.” he didn’t object, which wasn’t so surprising. Eunbi hadn’t expected anything else. And because of that, she did not foresee his next action either. How he leaned in a little too close, how he slid his other arm around her waist and thus pulled her against him. She shut her eyes so tight it hurt, and the lump in grew when she felt his breath ghost across her skin. Eunbi panicked as a result and she did exactly what she’d done to Sehun. Shove him away. Luhan stumbled back and just managed to keep himself from falling flat on his , before he stared at Eunbi, who’d now taken cover behind the kitchen island.

 

“This is why no one trusts you. Because you say one thing and do something else.” she stated despite her racing heart. Eunbi did her best to sound angry. She needed for him to understand that his actions hurt. That he couldn’t continue behaving like this and think that he could get away with it. A soon-to-be high school graduate was not supposed to act like a spoiled brat. Luhan said nothing though, and Eunbi was left absolutely speechless when he his heel and left. It was far from what she’d expected from him. More so since he normally defended himself. But he must’ve been pretty upset for the door to his bedroom was slammed shut with such violence that she jumped, startled by the sound.

 

There was no guarantee that he would leave her alone just because he’d left. For all she knew, he could be upstairs planning something. The thought bothered her and she decided, in case he did come back to cause another commotion, to hide in her stepfather’s study. It was forbidden territory. She knew that. But the old man wasn’t home and would not be so for yet a couple of hours. In other terms. Eunbi saw no reason to be afraid. At least not of him finding out. Then again. What if Luhan ratted on her and told his father that she’d hid in there? She felt conflicted about the ordeal and wondered which solution would be best. To possibly face Luhan and whatever sick ideas he had or be scolded for not following the house rules? Neither of the options were to her liking.

 

Eunbi was not given the opportunity to think it over either, because it didn’t take many seconds before she thought she heard footsteps echo in the staircase. And without as much as a second thought, Eunbi ran. She did her very best to escape and could only let out a sigh of relief once she’d managed to lock herself inside the study and slumped down in the nearest armchair. Nothing had changed. Luhan was still the same he’d been when he left and the only way anything would get better was if he moved out. Unfortunately it didn’t seem like that would happen anytime soon.

 

This meant she would have to continue to hide and avoid Luhan as best as she possibly could. And half an hour later, Eunbi was still sitting there. Bored and with nothing to do.

 

She knew she shouldn’t be snooping around, especially not when it came to her stepfather. But Eunbi couldn’t keep her curiosity in check and let her eyes scan the shelves and the numerous binders and various files filling them. Most of the stuff was work and more work. Not really anything exciting. Then again, she hadn’t expected for the old man to have any secrets. Slightly disappointed about not having found anything interesting, Eunbi spun around and was right about to head back to the armchair when she spotted something in the corner of her eye. The girl froze in her step and turned her attention to the file that’d been labeled with the name of Luhan and Sehun’s mother, Jihye.

 

She really wanted to know more about their mother. More so since no one talked about her. Neither Luhan, Sehun or their father had spoken a single word about the woman. It almost felt like they were trying to push it all away like they didn’t want to ever be reminded of it again. Something Eunbi thought was quite odd. Sure. To lose someone that mean so much must be the hardest thing you could possibly experience in life. But to completely ignore and never speak about it? To not be able to talk about all the fond and happy memories? Wouldn’t that be harder. Wouldn’t that be even sadder.

 

Her cell phone rang in the middle of everything and Eunbi found herself completely distracted from the thoughts about Luhan and Sehun’s mother when she saw who it was.

 

“Ahbin.” she stated, overjoyed by the fact that the other girl was calling. Ahbin laughed in response before she asked Eunbi how everything was going.

 

“Okay, I think.” it was somewhat of a half-truth since the whole Sehun ordeal was quite bothersome to think about. But it would do no good to bring it up either, so she kept quiet. It was better like that, to not mention it. Especially when the situation could be misunderstood and that was the last thing Eunbi wanted.

 

“Only okay? I thought you’d be having a blast with your brothers.” she understood Ahbin was being sarcastic and therefore followed along as she gave her friend the most sarcastic laugh she herself could muster. Eunbi felt a tad pitiful as she did though.

 

“Good thing I’m back in Seoul then.” Eunbi thought it was a joke from Ahbin’s side in an attempt to cheer her up. At least she thought so until her friend asked if she wanted to meet up in Itaewon.

 

“What? Aren’t you in Hokkaido?” to say she was surprised would be an understatement.

 

“One would’ve thought so. But my mom suddenly changed her mind and cut the vacation short. I’m not really sure what happened. All I know is that we landed at Incheon an hour ago and that we’re leaving for the Maldives tomorrow afternoon.” Eunbi was at loss for words. She couldn’t come up with a single thing to say and instead nodded, as if Ahbin could see her reaction. Which she didn’t of course.

 

“Anyhow. Let’s have some fun today. I really need to get away from my weird family.” Eunbi was not one to disagree because she, too, needed to get out of the house and do something else. That Luhan had now come home was yet another reason for Eunbi to head downtown. So with that in mind, she suggested that they could meet up at the subway station in Itaewon in one hour. A deal Ahbin agreed on rather quickly.

 

“See you then. Bye.” the call ended and Eunbi tucked her phone back in her pocket. She was real happy that Ahbin was back even if only for a day, for this meant she wouldn’t have to stay at home. But with the end of the phone call came another problem. The file standing in front of her. The one that could tell her more about Luhan and Sehun’s mother. Eunbi knew very well that it wasn’t right. That it was none of her business. Still. She also knew it was probably the only way she would ever know of what’d happened.


“Maybe he won’t even notice.” Eunbi reasoned as she took a hold of the file and pulled it from its place. She hurried out of there and up the staircase, careful to not let Luhan see her before she locked herself inside her bedroom, where she hid the file underneath her pillow for later.

~~~

Author’s Note

I’m going to focus on two Christmas oneshots so it may take a short while before I update this again.