33

Forbidden Boys

 

 

All of them sat around the dinner table, and Eunbi watched as Luhan complained about how he needed to be somewhere else. Sehun said nothing though, he seemed more bored than anything. “Quiet down.” her mother stated in irritation. Luhan refused to listen and kept on talking, completely disregarding the older woman. “Quiet Luhan.” Eunbi shifted in her seat, uneasy and so not looking forward to this family meeting of theirs. “I don’t have time for this.” all hell broke loose as Luhan stood up, for his father snarled at the male, “Sit down. We’re not finished yet.” god this was so not good. She could literally see how they’d end up getting nowhere and how nothing would be solved. “Why must I listen to this crap? I haven’t done anything.” Eunbi tensed when Luhan glanced in her direction, it was as if he dared her to say something. It was as if he expected her to keep silent about what’d happened between them and how much pain he’d inflicted on her. That the horrors would continue was rather obvious in many ways, and something that were going to continue if she remained quiet. Eunbi disliked having to live as such, with fear and terror just around the corner. There were no guarantees either, that anything would change even though she told the adults of Luhan’s behaviour and actions. Maybe they thought she lied. Maybe they thought she blurted out nonsense in an attempt to cause trouble for Luhan. The possibilities were endless and Eunbi hesitated. Hesitated because she was scared.


“Does anyone have anything they want to talk about?” her mother stared right at the said girl whilst she talked, almost as if the question was directed at Eunbi. The latter however, kept shut. She didn’t dare say a word when Luhan sat at the table, which was kind of weird seeing how it should’ve been easier to talk when their parents were present. Instead, Sehun was the first to speak. “No more girls in the house. I’m so sick and tired of hearing them every ing weekend.” Eunbi gulped down, sparing Luhan a quick glance as she did. He looked pissed off. Their father interrupted and thereby spared them, at least for the time being, from listening to Luhan lashing out at his younger brother. “Okay. That’s a valid point. Anyone else? Eunbi what do you think?” honestly, she agreed with Sehun on that one. She was so sick and tired of losing sleep due to Luhan and his constant one night stands. To voice her opinion became a problem though, because Luhan sent her a glare so unlike anything she’d experienced before. It made her considerably anxious and caused her to shiver in distress. “Eunbi?” it was her mother this time. “I -eh…” why couldn’t she just say it? Why couldn’t she simply disregard the fact that it wouldn’t matter whether she said something or not? It did probably not matter for Luhan was, with most certainty, still going to continue with his antics anyhow. “Eunbi you wanted to say something?” they all looked at her, including Sehun and Luhan. The latter’s gaze was dark and hard and threatening. It was as if he dared her to speak. “Yeah Eunbi. Why don’t you talk?” Luhan and his goddamn smirk. It was insane how none had given him a reality check yet, more so since he’d have to get on peoples nerves pretty often. He was the most self-centered and egoistic person she’d ever met in her life. “Eunbi, now is your time to talk about whatever you want.” she saw the situation a little more differently. She had considered what would be more devastating, to talk or to keep quiet? There were pros and cons with everything and this was no different.


“Luhan brought liquor with him on the school trip.” Eunbi knew there was no turning back now. She’d spilled the beans and it was now for the adults and Luhan to take care of the consequences. That’s of course if her mother and stepfather believed her. “You ing liar.” she froze in sheer horror as Luhan darted from his seat and made a grab for her. Luckily, his father reacted and took a steady hold around his sons’ shirt and pulled him back, thus made it impossible for the male to lay a hand on her. “LUHAN.” Eunbi regret her decision to talk the moment she met Luhan’s gaze, for it was pure murderous. His stare couldn’t be mistaken and she wanted to cry. “Is this true?” the whole meeting got rather chaotic after that because Luhan wouldn’t shut up. He kept on repeating that Eunbi was lying. “She’s only saying that to get back at me.” she would’ve done something a lot worse if she’d wanted to get back at him. But this was only the start and the three months until graduation gave Eunbi more than enough space to come up with an idea. And when the time was right, he would be forced to acknowledge her.


“Eunbi do you have any proofs to your claim?” the question put an end to all her hope. Maybe she should’ve known better than to think her mother would believe her. Eunbi shook her head. “See. She was lying.” Luhan gave her a smug look, like he was immensely pleased with himself and the fact that he seemed to get away with the ordeal. What the male didn’t know though, was that someone else had the proof needed. An that someone was Sehun, who shoved the final nail in the coffin as he brought his phone out and showed everyone a picture of Luhan’s tent and the two bottles of alcohol he’d brought with him. There was no denying it now and Eunbi couldn’t be happier. “I’m really disappointed with you Luhan. I thought you knew better than this.” their father was thoroughly pissed off, more so as Luhan lied straight up in his face. “No. They’re ing conspiring against me.” the male shouted and once again tried to lunge across the table, this time toward Sehun, who scoffed at his brother, “can you get more pathetic.” Eunbi concealed her laugh, which became rather difficult after Luhan was pulled, by his father, off the table and landed with a thud on the floor. Her laughter grew louder and louder as her mind kept replaying the scene where he landed on his . It was such a delightful situation and Eunbi received quite the glare from him after he stood up. “Shut up.” and she did, feeling gleeful.


“Can you behave now?” Luhan ignored his father’s question as he took his seat, his attention completely on Eunbi, who shivered under the hard stare he sent her. The calm Luhan displayed all of a sudden was nothing more than a facade. It was the calm before the storm and Eunbi feared what would happen once the meeting was over. “Now. Can everyone be quiet and let me speak.” her worries increased by the second and it sure didn’t get better when her stepfather began talking about punishments for Luhan. “You’re grounded for two weeks and we expect you to be home right after school ends.” if Luhan wasn’t already angry, he sure was now. “What? No. You can’t do that. I have a social life to take care of.” his outburst was probably heard out on the street for he was practically yelling the words as he spoke. “Well. You should’ve thought about that before you decided to bring alcohol on a school trip.” for the first time, their father seemed to do what he was supposed to do; take care and discipline his sons when they did something wrong. “Whatever.” another round of disapproving voices and statements boomed, and Eunbi felt anxious as the whole ordeal progressed into a big argument that even her mother decided to participate in. The older woman was on her husband’s side, though that helped little for Luhan wouldn’t back down. The latter was determined to still do as he pleased. “You’ve never cared before so why start now?” and so it continued with Luhan refusing and the two adults standing firm with their decision.


Eunbi stopped listening after a while and rest her head on the table, her gaze set on Sehun, whose facial features she traced with her eyes. She was incredibly happy that he’d helped even though she knew he had an alternative motive for doing so. But that was of no importance as long as Luhan faced hardships similar to her own. Having been so deep in thought, she hadn’t taken notice of the fact that Sehun had fixated his eyes on her, something she only catched onto after the said male cleared his throat. Eunbi blinked, cleared her head, and then found herself once again locking eyes with Sehun. He seemed kind of irritated though, for he frowned as he shifted his attention towards the ongoing argument. A loud bang echoed all too suddenly and she felt the table vibrate at the impact. Eunbi, surprised by the incident, leaned back and looked at the person before her. She wasn’t the only one doing so. Everyone were staring at Luhan, who seemed to be the perpetrator. An assumption that was confirmed when Luhan lashed about, “it’s my life and I’ll do whatever I want.” he was furious, his eyes flashing in frustration and anger as he spoke. It was rather scary in a way, seeing how Eunbi had never seen him so enraged and worked up before.


The whole house fell silent after that because Luhan rushed out of there, slamming the door behind him as he headed out into the night. To Eunbi’s fear and anxiousness, the adults remained seated, both of them seemingly drained of energy. “Why aren’t you doing anything?” they needed to chase after him. To let him understand that he couldn’t do as he pleased anymore. None of the two moved a muscle though, and Eunbi felt her heart drop at the sight. She realised they, with most certainty, had no idea how to handle Luhan. A thought that left her speechless. They were grown adults for god's sake, someone who should be able to take care and manage a household and the people living in it. Lost for words, Eunbi sent her mother a quick glance, as if demanding to know what their solution was. There was no answer and she sighed. Having had enough of it, Eunbi headed up to her bedroom, making sure to slam the door when she closed it.


A torrent of curses slipped from her lips all the whilst she hit her pillow over and over again until she was out of breath and panting. The sudden workout caused her lungs to burn and she did her best to feed them fresh air. A task that were abruptly interrupted when someone knocked on the door. Not in the mood to see her mother, whom Eunbi firmly believed stood on the other side, she muttered, “I’m not interested.” her opinion didn’t seem to matter for the other person pushed the door open. Entering the bedroom was none other than Sehun, whom was the last person she thought would bother her and she made that pretty obvious, “what are you doing here?” he made no attempt to answer that, something Eunbi found rather weird considering he was intruding. So, without further ado, she stood from her bed and walked up to the older male, “last time I checked, this was my room.” she eyed him with slight curiosity, wondering why he’d showed up there. “I don’t have anything of value.” he must’ve been offended by her suggestion for he spun around to face her, his expression unreadable. “I’m not here to steal.” he inched closer and thereby caused Eunbi to take a step back, who felt unsure about the look Sehun was giving her. “I have a proposition.” she froze and looked up at him, eyes narrowed and suspicion obvious. “Proposition?” Eunbi wasn’t too convinced, “why should I listen to anything you say?” really, Sehun had to understand she had trust issues when it came to him and his brother, especially after everything they’d put her through.


“You want to overthrow Luhan, right?” her heart skipped a beat at the words, and she nodded ever so hesitantly even though she wasn’t sure where he was going with the conversation. “Good.” and to make it further confusing, he disappeared out the door, thus leaving Eunbi with unanswered questions and a pulse that were steadily increasing.