3

Forbidden Boys

 

Three days had passed since her mother and stepfather left for their honeymoon and Eunbi was already sick and tired of having to deal with the two males who did nothing else but eat, party and sleep. None of them helped with the chores they’d been given, something that was incredibly frustrating as she had to do them instead. But to call her mother and complain weren’t an option though, not when the two adults were supposed to enjoy their honeymoon. Therefore did Eunbi, the day before, post a note on the fridge stating she were expecting the two of them in the livingroom the coming morning. It was a meeting neither of them showed up for. Whether they’d seen the note or not she couldn’t know, but she was determined to get them downstairs.

However, the task was easier said than done because she stood outside Luhan’s bedroom several minutes, not really knowing if she were prepared to face him. Like so many times before did the girl become worried he would create a bothersome situation she were going to have trouble getting away from. He’d after all made himself pretty clear about where he stood in their supposed-to-be-sibling-relation. He didn’t care for it. In his eyes were they no more than strangers living under the same roof. The fact that her mother and their father were now married meant absolutely nothing to him.

Eunbi’s eyes widened and she backed away, horrified, as the door in front opened and Luhan came into view. His hair was tousled and he seemed to have difficulties keeping his eyes open, like he’d barely gotten any sleep. But then again, he could be playing around. Just like he had done so many times before. “Yah, didn’t you read my note?” the last ounce of courage disappeared into thin air the second Luhan’s all too famous smirk became evident on his lips, “which note?” it was so obvious he was mocking her, “oh, you mean the one on the fridge?” Eunbi frowned, she didn’t find any of his antics hilarious, they only made her even more irritated at him, “idiot. If you read it, why didn’t you do as it said?” the girl closed her eyes just as she heaved a deep sigh. The ordeal made her unaware of Luhan’s actions for no more than a second, but it’d given him enough time to grasp onto her arms and shove her against the wall.

He stood all too close for Eunbi's liking, but she couldn’t move, her body had frozen in place due to the shock. "I've already told you to not call me idiot." his smirk had been replaced by a disapproving expression. To be called names bothered the said male more than it should've. "As for the note," he paused, as if to add on with effect, before continuing, "well, what can I say. I’m not going to neglect my beauty sleep. Not even for you.” Eunbi wanted to puke when he smiled. It was so disgustingly fake. His whole demeanor were. "Not that it matter, because your meeting wouldn't have changed anything whatsoever." he'd never helped out at home before. Never in his life had he needed to clean, with the exception of his room of course. But other than that. No. Their mother had always taken care of everything until she got sick, and after that had his father hired an elderly woman to fend with the chores. A woman who'd been told to leave once their father and Eunbi's mother married, which now left the house with no one else but them to clean it.

"So whatever you're trying to accomplish, it's not going to work." with that being said did Luhan step away, thus letting go of her arms. But he did not leave. He remained rooted to the floor barely two meters away. His gaze flickered between hers and the hallway that led to the staircase, like he was expecting for the girl to run for her life. Eunbi couldn't do that, run. Not when her heart was beating like crazy. Not when her legs felt like jello. "You can always try with Sehun, even though I doubt he would give a damn about anything regarding this house." she stared after the older male as he made way for the stairs, and it was with an immense sense of relief she heaved a deep sigh.

It took several minutes though, before she'd managed to compose herself well enough to knock on Sehun's bedroom door. But there was no answer, something that made her wonder whether he’d already left.  “Sehun? I ne -.” a loud crash sounded, which in turn surprised Eunbi so much she gasped. The whole situation turned for the worse however, as the door flung open, “why can’t you just leave me alone?” those words were the first he’d ever said to her. “Don’t you understand I want nothing to do with you.” the door shut in her face before she was given a chance to reply. Completely dumbstruck Eunbi gaped. Did he think she enjoyed any of it? She hated living with them. She despised their ungratefulness and how they thought they could do whatever they desired. Like the world was nothing more than a huge playground.

Fed up by Sehun’s behaviour she sent her foot slamming into the older male’s door, only to panic a second later, when she realized what she’d done. But it was already too late and Eunbi could only watch, petrified, as the door once again flung open. In difference to Luhan she knew Sehun wouldn’t touch her. Though, she began to question that thought as he appeared, because he looked downright furious. “Heh, I, ehm -” Eunbi tried to come up with a good explanation as to why she kicked his door, only to be interrupted by Sehun, who glared at her, “are you stupid? What with the ‘leave me alone’ do you not understand?” the rudeness of which he displayed was shocking and she did honestly not know who of them she hated the most. Luhan or Sehun. “I’m sorry your highness.” she spoke in a sarcastic manner, completely unaware of the frustration the male felt, “but you can’t always get what you want.” Sehun knew that more than well, and he was pretty sure he understood the society they lived in better than her. The girl had no idea about the obstacles he’d had to face in his life and how some of them changed the way he lived. How a certain incident caused him to hate his own family. “Neither can you.”

Eunbi was left speechless yet again, as Sehun brushed past her and headed for the bathroom, which he soon enough locked himself in. What kind of people were they? Did they really think they would be able to survive with such a mindset? No one would want to hire a person who didn’t want to work or were straight through ill-mannered. But fine. If they weren’t going to do something, then she wouldn’t either. She wasn’t their slave nor their maid.

However, disaster met her eyes as soon as she got downstairs and entered the kitchen. Milk and cereals were scattered all over the kitchen counter, like someone had done it deliberately just to piss her off. And with Sehun still occupying the bathroom she stalked over to the idiot, aka, Luhan, whom she found sitting on the couch with a bowl of milk drenched cereals in hand. “Yah. You’re really trying to piss me off, aren’t you?” she placed herself in front of the tv, completely ignoring whether he was watching it or not. “Yah.” Eunbi frowned, the fact that she was literally playing with fire didn’t cross her mind until Luhan shot up from his seat and advanced forward, thus urging the girl to inch back. “What if I am? It’s not like you can do anything about it.” Luhan smirked, he found the situation hilarious, more so due to the crestfallen expression Eunbi now displayed. But it didn’t take long before he grew irritated and sighed aloud, “why don’t we make an arrangement?” it was only so much he could take as the mood caused him to feel depressed, “I’ll act as if you doesn’t exist, and in turn you’ll do the same. Only difference is that you will clean the house, too.” he thought it was a pretty reasonable deal, especially since he wouldn’t bother her. Then again, he weren’t certain he was going to keep the end of the deal. But that was another matter.

Eunbi wouldn’t let the matter slip so easily though, not when they were acting like immature kids, “how is that any fair?” she wished she’d kept quiet because Luhan tilted his head to the side, amused by the younger girl’s outburst. But it was only for a short while, “what about you then?” he glared at her, and within a second had his carefree side changed into a darker one. “Do you think it’s fair you come here and tell us what to do?” for a brief moment Eunbi was at loss of words, she was overwhelmed by his sudden attitude change. What she didn’t know though, was that he disliked her as much as Sehun did. If not even more. “W -what?” none of it made any sense. It wasn’t like she was asking them to murder someone. “You can’t change us.” Luhan gave her a menacing glare. He disliked it when people ordered him around, especially Eunbi, whom he hoped would have enough soon so everything could go back to how it used to be. For him, the ultimate goal was to separate their parents.