Resisting Temptation

⇒ ʝust ƀetween ʊs ღ

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-_ugcCk1lxEM/UKU9VeedpOI/AAAAAAAAAUM/DB6jTDS2OYY/s1600/untitled1.bmp

Having a hard time getting over your temptations? Well I'm here to rescue!


 

Temptations can be more than just being tempted to eat food. It could be a desired craving, a bad habit or a bad action, etc.

MANY (and yes I do mean MAAAANNYY) people have this bad habit of not getting over their temptations - believe it or not, I'm one of those types of people; and I'm sure you are too, so don't feel bad because you're not alone!

Did you know that not all temptations are "that" bad. So don't feel upset about your crazy craving.

 

Anyways, let's get to the part where I teach you how to get over your bad temptations! *shoo shoo*   <

 

Reminder: These are just tips and advices I recommend on how to overcome and refuse your temptations, I'm being 100% honest right now:

Temptations are one of THE HARDEST things to get over. Yes you can get over it, but yes it WILL be hard. Especially if you have a mad craving for that particular thing. You need to know, no matter how much advice and tips you get, if your not serious (and I mean REALLY REALLY SERIOUS) in getting rid of your temptations, your conscience wouldn't pay much attention towards these advices.

 

So before you continue reading my advice and tips, I want you to :

~ close your eyes

~ tell yourself in a serious, but still positive mood

"I'm very serious in losing my temptations of _________ . It's a bad, stupid craving and I know it will effect me. So I must listen to the beeyootiful Connie and her advices"

*okay maybe not the last bit, but yeah you get me..*

 

 

1. I D E N T I F Y !

Before you can do anything, you must know what temptations you want to deal with and if you can, try figuring out what causes these temptations. When you have figured out the cause of your temptations / habits, try and avoid these causes. However, there are causes that happen naturally and you just can't really help it.

For example:

Do you constantly eat when you're bored?   - Well then, being bored is the cause of your temptation.

Do you constantly scratch your head when you are nervous?    - Well then, getting nervous is the cause of your temptation.

Do you constantly swear when you make a mistake?   - Well then, making mistakes is the cause of your temptation.

It is a fact that you cannot cure the natural causes, however you CAN decide on something else to do when these causes occur.

For example:

When you're bored, go outside and find an activity to do then. If not, go online and talk to a friend, etc.

When you are nervous, maybe try to breathe in and out deeply. Or talk to someone you trust, about what you're nervous with.

When you make a mistake, JUST FIX THE PROBLEM ASAP. Don't swear! 

(Did you know that it's really unattractive to swear. So for those people who makes a mistake in front of their crushes, CONTROL YOUR MOUTH, it's inappropriate, unattractive and rude to swear)

 

 

 

2. P L A N !

Decide on a good plan on HOW you are going to  get rid of your temptations. Write down different ways of

~ How you're going to slowly get rid of it

~ When you're going to start refusing to these temptations

~ How you're going to avoid these habits

And I personally create a list of things on how I would congradulate and treat myself if I had succeeded the goal, but at the same time I would also create a list of punishments (and yes they are sorta harsh punishments) to punish myself with if I had failed my goal.

~ Why you want to get rid of this habit

~ Who are you doing this for

~ When you've gotten rid of this temptation, who does the benefits go to

 

Remind yourself everyday what you have written! Tell yourself in a confidence tone that you would be able to succeed! YOU CAN DO THIS GIRL! /and guys! :D 

 

 

 

3. T E S T !

Test how much you can resist your temptations / habits

When you are really, seriously tempted to do something (eg. drink fizzy drinks), put that object (eg. coke / sprite , etc) in front of you, sit in front of it BUT DON'T DRINK / EAT / WHATEVER IT !

Just sit there and stare at it!

Yes you might be drooling over but

~  You must control your "evil conscience"

~ You must force yourself to think about the bad alternatives this habit could cause

~ You must tell yourself that "You are able to get rid of this bad temptation!"

~ You must believe in yourself !

 

Trust me, it will be pretty hard.

But you must learn how to control your temptations of being lured by your "evil conscience"

 

If you can survive without touching / thinking / eating / drinking / whatevering this habit for 5-7 days, you'll SLOWLY get rid of the habit. (and yes it would be SLOWLY - but you'll definitely get there one day!)

 

 

 

 

4. D I S C U S S !

Discussing your issues with someone wiser than you and that you trust is very effective.

Talk to someone about your bad craving and maybe get them to help you or give you some extra advices.

Ever heard of the old quote "Talk your problems out" ?

*actually i'm not sure if that is a quote or I might have made that up. Idek. LOL*

 

 

 

 

5. B E L I E V E !

Yes, I may always say this but I say it for a reason: IT'S TRRRRUUUE !

JUST BELIEVE IN YOURSELF. TELL YOURSELF YOU'LL BE ABLE TO GET OVER THESE STUPID TEMPTATIONS.

BELIEVE IN HOW WONDERFUL YOU WILL BE IN THE FUTURE WHEN YOU'VE GOTTEN OVER THESE TEMPTATIONS.

 

 

 

 

 

 

That's it for today. I hope I've helped you! :)

Feel free to ask me more questions in the comment box below! If it's a private question you don't want to share with the world, feel free to PM me! :)

 

Love you guys - my wonderful subbies! :)

And I hope you'll get over your bad cravings very soon! :)