baekhyun/d.o

marking your hearts

 

 

your warmth (that penetrates my heart)

 

word count: 679

summary: Kyungsoo likes the warmth on his skin.

notes: the last (really short) drabble before i return to school (I live in a boarding school). Too many baeksoo feels i can't contain, and just came across a scene of baekhyun just staring and staring until he acts on impulse and kisses squishy soo.

 

 

 

Sitting under the blossoming cherry blossom tree on the second day of spring sure felt nice, at least it did for Baekhyun, especially since he’s spending time with his most favourite person in the whole wide world.

“And do you remember that playground over the other side of the lake? There are more children than there used to be in the winter! The slide is now a really vibrant red, probably from the Sun effect but I don’t really pay attention in Physics so I can’t really tell you how it works,” Baekhyun enthusiastically explained and Kyungsoo smiled. His head didn’t really turn sideways to face Baekhyun but that’s okay, his ears are doing their job perfectly on interpreting the enthusiasm and happiness Baekhyun was trying to convey.

“Oh, there girls eating ice creams! Okay now I’m making it sound like its summer or something but spring just makes me giddy Kyungsoo!” Baekhyun spread his arms. Kyungsoo chuckled when Baekhyun abruptly encircled his arms around Kyungsoo and squished their cheeks together.

“Do you like spring, Kyungsoo?” Baekhyun looked at the other intensely at that question he asked. Still facing forward, Kyungsoo slowly but confidently nodded, his lips curving upwards.

“I like the sound of the breeze against my ears, and I like the way my hair feels when the wind sweeps it. It made me feel like my hair is really smooth you know? Like the feeling of running your fingers on silk. I also like the smell of spring, so sweet and calming. I like the smell of the peaches in particular, and the Sun felt so warm against my skin. So yeah, I like spring I guess,” Kyungsoo became shy at his own answer.

“I’m sorry I rambled too much Baekhyun-ah,” Kyungsoo continued and Baekhyun just kept on staring at the other.

They met a year ago, when Baekhyun was doing a volunteer work at the hospital, and he saw Kyungsoo, recovering from his leg surgery sitting comfortably on his bed, looking outside the window. Baekhyun mustered up some courage to make conversations and was mesmerized by Kyungsoo clear eyes. Baekhyun later learns that it was a defect from birth, Kyungsoo was blind. He questioned why the other was looking outside the window before and Kyungsoo smiled before answering, “I like the warmth from the Sun on my skin.”

Baekhyun’s steps on becoming closer and closer to Kyungsoo involves a lot of staring.

“Are you staring at me again Baekhyun-ah?” Kyungsoo asked. Baekhyun chuckled at that. Baekhyun likes it when Kyungsoo is able to detect things around him, even without seeing them. He guessed it’s true what they say, when one of your senses gets taken away, it just enhances the other remaining senses. Baekhyun always ask Kyungsoo what he feels or what he felt on or against anything and Baekhyun could spend hours marveling at all the little details he’d never care or notice before.

There’s always one thing Kyungsoo always emphasize when he’s talking. He likes the warmth the Sun radiates.

Baekhyun stared at the boy beside him just a little bit longer before bringing his face close to the other’s, warm breath tingling his own lips.

“Baekhyun-ah? Why is your face so close?” Baekhyun chuckled at how wide the doe eyes went, and proceeded to stare intensely at the clear orbs, admiring how even beautiful they are from the close distance. He studies Kyungsoo’s plump heart-shaped lips bring his eyes up to Kyungsoo’s once again.

“Nothing. I just want you to tell me if you like the warmth that I radiate.”

And that was the first kiss the shared. It was short, sweet and innocent. Kyungsoo felt sparks flying around him and Baekhyun smiled against his lips after he broke the kiss. The blush creeping onto Kyungsoo’s pale shade made him look even more adorable as he whispered in a hushed tone, “I think I like this warmth too, Baekhyun-ah.”

Baekhyun smiled again before kissing the other again and again, and the both of them agreed to never getting tired of these light kisses.

 

 

 

xx,

do upvote if you liked this drabble!