99 Days

Description

Cats have nine lives.  Humans only have one, don't they?

Having survived an accident with a pair of paralyzed legs and a brain cancer, your second life is coming to an end for real, this time.

But what if you're given a third one?

Wouldn't you take it?

Then again; with a prize always comes a price.

Foreword

 

You were unfortunate back then, that’s it.

Riding in a car with your little brother and little sister, along with your father and mother, for a trip towards your hometown.  Some little plan your parents came up with to celebrate new year’s.  You, your little brother, Kyungwoo and your little sister, Yumi, didn’t know of the plan at all.  They were preparing a surprise for you and it was late at night when you drove down the highway, so that you could get there exactly by new year’s, they said, when the fireworks are at its prettiest.

But you didn’t.

Bright lights shining right into your eyes, the sound of blaring car horns, the moment when your mother threw her body against the back seat and a crash so loud your ears felt like bursting was all you remembered.  The next moment you woke up, all you see was white; the ceiling of your hospital room.

Your father died trying to swerve the car that had you in it out of that truck’s way.

Your mother died protecting you, Kyungwoo and Yumi.

You survived.

Kyungwoo and Yumi survived.

Your useless self survived, with legs you can’t move at all along with a terrible brain.

Useless.

Worthless.

You wished you were the one that died instead of your mother and father.  At least they could take care of Kyungwoo and Yumi.

But heck; you’re not an idiot.

You know how to get back up when you fall.

And that’s exactly what you’re doing right now.

Standing up, although never as straight.